Re: A new Anthony Horowitz Bond novel...

Just picked up my Hardcover version  ajb007/martini

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

I've bought the paperback edition of Forever and a Day at my local Waterstones. It's just the paperback edition, but better than nothing. Plus, it was half price at £7.00.  ajb007/martini

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Revelator wrote:
caractacus potts wrote:

If anybody out there accidentally scans or transcribes the genuine Fleming bonus content, don't forget to say Hello to your old pal Caractacus!

Will do!

Please, I'd love to read that with the Horowitz's introduction. Apparently he relates how many tv treatments are and more interesting things...

It's the 31st of May and neither of my sisters has asked me what I want for my birthday. I'm only human -  I broke down and ordered "Forever and a day" on Amazon.  ajb007/crap

Just bought the audiobook.

ggl007 wrote:

Please, I'd love to read that with the Horowitz's introduction. Apparently he relates how many tv treatments are and more interesting things...

Sure thing. It'll take a couple weeks for my contact in Britain to get the book shipped.

Silhouette Man wrote:

I've bought the paperback edition of Forever and a Day at my local Waterstones. It's just the paperback edition, but better than nothing. Plus, it was half price at £7.00.  ajb007/martini

The paperback is out at the same time?!

I just checked my pre-order on Amazon.  It was not scheduled to be released in the USA until November 6.  ajb007/mad

I was able to order the UK version for $4 more and should receive it June 15th.

"A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department.  Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic.  He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars.  All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming

Anthony Horowitz just donated £5000 to help his friend get a new wheelchair. I've only just donated a little something myself. Please consider donating at his GoFundMe page today:
https://www.gofundme.com/vivekgohil

Me too - lets hope he can raise enough. Anthony said on Twitter that if all his followers donated 50p each that would do it

emtiem wrote:
Silhouette Man wrote:

The paperback is out at the same time?!

Perhaps it could be a trade paperback? I'm not sure about the UK, but here in South Africa virtually all new books come out as trade paperbacks, which are pretty much just the same pages as the hardback, but with a soft cover. Unfortunately we get very little hardback fiction here so I always have to import the latest Bond novel from the UK because I want hardback. On this occasion I luckily have an uncle travelling from the UK to South Africa so I should have a signed hardback copy of Forever and a Day sometime next week.

Any "no spoiler" reviews from fellow members?

Sure Thunderpussy has finished already by now  ajb007/lol

Off to the US in a few weeks so saving it until then

Instagram - bondclothes007

damnation and disease!
I just checked Indigo's website (Canada's big bookstore monopoly) and it also shows the release date as Nov 6th. So much for the Commonwealth, we used to have WH Smith and PAN paperbacks, now we're stuck with the same second class release date as our American neighbours. Did my ancestors fight on the losing side of the Revolutionary War for nothing?

Paperback and hardcover indeed released the same day (and paperback isn't much cheaper).
So you lucky British folk aren't allowed to spoil the story for another six months, thank you.

6 months????  Thats nuts

I won't get the book until next weekend or so, but others will  be finished soon. Could the first to post a proper review please make a "spoiler reviews"  thread?  ajb007/smile

I'm about half way through it and so far, I'm extremely happy ( I enjoyed TM )  ajb007/cheers

starting a dedicated Forever and a Day Review thread (complete with Spoilers) is a good idea
I see there was a similar splitting of threads for Trigger Mortis
(and that review thread was started by Special Agent 24!)

but really I'm half-joking ... the books already out and I should know to quit reading this thread if I want my experience (in bloody November) to be fresh.
You folks now reading should be expressing your immediate undiluted opinions now, before any sort of mainstream consensus forms and unwittingly influences you. post your genuine review first and you can be the opinion-maker!

and if you want to discuss plot details here, you can always use spoiler tags

Spoilerlike so

simply spell the word spoiler between square brackets before your plot revelations, and then /spoiler (ie with a forward slash) between square brackets, after your plot revelations, to return to normal text we all can see.
...or highlight your plot revelations and click one of the basic tag tools above, eg B for bold, then when you can see the bold tags, overwrite the letter b with the word spoiler.

and seriously, if I wanted to avoid spoilers, my ancestors should have thought about that before they decided to emigrate to the colonies 150 years ago.

But that's much of the point of a dedicated review thread: us poor souls who haven't read it yet can keep reading this thread without fear in our hearts. At the same time the few, the happy few, who has read it can discuss it freely in a dedicated thread.

Number24 wrote:

But that's much of the point of a dedicated review thread: us poor souls who haven't read it yet can keep reading this thread without fear in our hearts. At the same time the few, the happy few, who has read it can discuss it freely in a dedicated thread.

It would be a good idea, yes.

Does anyone want to take responsibility for creating such a Review Thread for Forever and a Day?

Do we agree on the necessity such a thread?

Have just walked out of Waterstones happily clutching my copy. £9.50, hardback, has the Fleming material at the end.  ajb007/smile

Barbel wrote:

Have just walked out of Waterstones happily clutching my copy. £9.50, hardback, has the Fleming material at the end.  ajb007/smile

Wow, now that was a bargain!  ajb007/smile

I enjoyed it. ( No Spoilers ) interesting villians, well written action, it basically ticks all the boxes.
I do have a couple of small gripes ( Mentioned in Bond Book of the Month thread but it contains
SPOILERS !!! ) but they are small ones.  I do hope Mr Horowitz gets another commission for a third, or more books.  ajb007/martini

Due to a tipoff from a Bond friend I was able to buy the first edition hardback of Forever and A Day for £10 in Asda. Now all I need is the Special Edition, which I'll order from the Waterstones website.

Was going to pick up one of the many signed/special editions people are flogging on eBay before I realised Waterstones still has them in stock for much much less than those eBay prices. Definitely recommend going directly to the source  ajb007/martini

Barbel wrote:

Yes I got a Waterstones copy (hardback) for £9.50 that has yellow edged pages and the "typewritten" Russian Roulette Fleming story
idea.   The ones in WH Smith and other bookshops don't have those two features.
Although in Toppings of Bath was the "plain" version but with a clear plastic wrapper for full price £19.

Is there really a paperback as well? I would've thought that would follow 6 months later?

I'm 70% through reading the story.  it's pretty good but will never have the travel experience and descriptions of Fleming.

Yes I hope Horowitz goes on to do several books.   I couldn't get a signed version but he's doing a bit of a signing tour in Scotland
and the North.   Nowhere near me in Bristol.

Bleuville.

Are waterstones the only place selling signed copies?

They wont post to the Falklands for some dumb reason