Topic: Do you believe in aliens and flying saucers?

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/1/flying-saucer-michael-vigliotti.jpg

So this thread builds on the highly successful ghosts thread to ask if you believe in aliens/extraterrestrials, flying saucers/UFOs and such like.

Personally, unlike ghosts, I am a skeptic and remain to be convinced in intelligent life out there in Space. Now obviously there are UFOs in the sense that they are unidentified flying objects, but whether they are alien craft or not is a matter of debate.

As such, let's debate it here in this thread and try to replicate the success of my ghosts thread. Here's hoping!  ajb007/biggrin

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Re: Do you believe in aliens and flying saucers?

Yes. There is no way we are the only planet with intelligent life on it, let alone life in the entire universe.

TheExit148 wrote:

Yes. There is no way we are the only planet with intelligent life on it, let alone life in the entire universe.

That's almost certainly true, but do you believe that they have visited our planet?

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

I think it's logical to believe there is other life on the many of billions of planets out there, but
I don't think anyone  is flying about, visiting us.

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

Agree with that, it's conceited to believe we are unique on this planet of ours which is in a galaxy which is but one one grain of sand in a desert. I just can't accept they fly here and make corn circles then go home.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

TheExit148 wrote:

I agree.

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

TheExit148 wrote:

Presumably given what we are doing to this planet, you are not referring to humans as intelligent life...

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”-Arthur C. Clarke

If we are unique in the universe as the only planet to host 'living' beings, then that would suggest we are a mistake - a blip, an anomaly and as such, we won't be around for long.

If you look back at our history, we've only really been visible to other planets for around the last 100 years since we started emitting radio waves into the cosmos.  That's a minuscule time frame when you think about how long life has existed on the planet.  If other civilisations on other worlds do exist, it's quite possibly the case that they have yet to reach this stage, or perhaps, they've passed it and have moved on to technologies we have yet to discover?

So projects like SETI, whilst admirable in their efforts to find intelligent life in the universe, are probably doomed to failure, because they're searching for something that may not yet exist, or has been and gone.

Do I believe in aliens and UFO's? Yes, absolutely the former, because I'd hope we were not just some bizarre mistake and totally alone.  The latter? I'm sceptical that civilisations advanced enough to visit our planet would need to do so in little space ships.  If they are so advanced, they'd probably do all their travel by exploiting dimensional warping and teleportation or other means that we have yet to discover or dream up with our tiny minds.

1:Sf,  2:SP,  3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS

Agree with above. What boggles my mind is all our knowledge and technology only applies to what we know and our own environment, sending out signals that work for us only theoretically work in the outer reaches of space, any other life form would probably have a completely different way of communicating.

I believe they are here and have always been here, I mean just look at Higgins  ajb007/biggrin   ajb007/amazed   ajb007/shifty   ajb007/heart

Trust No One

danjaq_0ff wrote:

I believe they are here and have always been here, I mean just look at Higgins  ajb007/biggrin   ajb007/amazed   ajb007/shifty   ajb007/heart

And his love of GREEN trainers is a massive giveaway  ajb007/amazed

It's certainly alien to the rest of us  ajb007/lol

The Joy Of 6

Its the green anal probe you have to worry about  ajb007/biggrin

Trust No One

danjaq_0ff wrote:

Its the green anal probe you have to worry about  ajb007/biggrin

Worry...or...look forward too  ajb007/amazed  ajb007/biggrin

The Joy Of 6

Ive seen a few flying saucers (and teacups), usually when I'm home late from the pub  ajb007/biggrin

Instagram - bondclothes007

personally  I cant believe that the 3 main pyramids all line up exact  in a straight line  to  the inch and they was all built with no help ,
I mean we couldn't do that even today with all the technology ect we have , I think its all been hushed up myself regarding aliens ,
but then I am ravin mad  ajb007/biggrin

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

Are we alone in the universe? Undoubtedly not.

Do UFO's exist? Yes.

Are they aliens? Who knows, until one lands and says hello they'll remain UFO's.

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

The numbers have to dictate there are thousands of planets out there with life. I think if anything made it this far they would have contacted us, or we'd have known much more about it. I don't think anything else has made it to us yet.

Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com

danjaq_0ff wrote:

Maybe you believe in Reptilians, Pete? I'm channeling some David Icke there.  ajb007/biggrin

Last edited by Silhouette Man (11th Jan 2019 18:44)

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

thesecretagent wrote:

The numbers have to dictate there are thousands of planets out there with life. I think if anything made it this far they would have contacted us, or we'd have known muc.h more about it. I don't think anything else has made it to us yet.

good points here as usual ,the way I see it , ajb007/rolleyes  is the reason why aliens ,who probably have a vast superior existence than our cave man
attitude to our  planet ,its animals and its peoples .They probably wont contact us until we clean up our act , we are like the dirty scruffy family at the end of the road ,that no one wants to talk to . we are our worst enemies , ajb007/mad

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

always shaken wrote:
thesecretagent wrote:

The numbers have to dictate there are thousands of planets out there with life. I think if anything made it this far they would have contacted us, or we'd have known muc.h more about it. I don't think anything else has made it to us yet.

good points here as usual ,the way I see it , ajb007/rolleyes  is the reason why aliens ,who probably have a vast superior existence than our cave man
attitude to our  planet ,its animals and its peoples .They probably wont contact us until we clean up our act , we are like the dirty scruffy family at the end of the road ,that no one wants to talk to . we are our worst enemies , ajb007/mad

You speak for yourself  ajb007/biggrin

One thing I do tend to think and it connects Silhouette man's two threads is that religious minded people tend to believe in ghosts but not aliens or ufo's!  It is interesting that ancient cave paintings and hyroglyphics have ufo type images in them,  but then modern man is just scraping the surface of our own planet and it's history, maybe ancient people were more enlightened than we are today?

Silhouette Man wrote:
danjaq_0ff wrote:

Maybe you believe in Reptilians, Pete? channeling some David Icke there.  ajb007/biggrin

Well, there are some right ugly b@stards about Brian  ajb007/biggrin  so it wouldn't surprise me if there was something to it  ajb007/lol

Trust No One

danjaq_0ff wrote:

Have you seen your bedpan flying again?  ajb007/shifty

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

Higgins wrote:
danjaq_0ff wrote:

Have you seen your bedpan flying again?  ajb007/shifty

Only happens the day after a good Madras  ajb007/biggrin

Trust No One