Topic: christmas dinner

As the  tentacles of AJB 007 ,seem to be ever further reaching around the globe ,id be very interested to hear what our members will be eating on Christmas day or when ever your culture has it .theres more to Christmas than roast turkey .

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

Re: christmas dinner

Can't go wrong with Pigs In Blankets! It's the one part of the meal, i look forward too! I love them!

Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"

In Germany most people hold the main celebration (including church for some, presents for all) on Christmas Eve (Heiligabend). However, this was not always the case and according to the church it used to be a fast day. Therefore many have a simple meal like sausages and potato salad or carp. Yes, Germans and their sausages. In my family however we break with this tradition and have a different nice meal every year. And then another on Christmas Day.  ajb007/bond

"I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
"- That is something to be afraid of."

Tradition Christmas dinner for us, the only important thing was the time. It had to be
Finished by three, so I could watch the big Bond film !  ajb007/biggrin . Even though the Big Bond
film on Christmas day no longer occurs, we still have it over and done with by three.

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

We have venison.  Sourced locally, and sometimes by myself.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Normally I spend it with my Parents, as they are Vegetarian we go the Nut Roast option.
  As a result I haven't associated Turkey with Christmas Dinner for 20 years!

This year I am going home in January, so I must ask my StepMum to make one then.

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

In the Southwest most prefer salt cured lamb ribs.  Cloudberries with whipped crackling for dessert.
In the southeast in the Oslo region most have pork flanc with cracklings. 
In the North many eat a cod dish.
Some of my translations may not be correct.

Last edited by Number24 (4th Dec 2016 14:11)

Since I'll be working in an Indian restaurant on Christmas Day, I'm confidently expecting to be eating pakora, lamb dopiazza, rice and naan. This is what has happened the last 3 Christmases there!

Usually splash out at Christmas and get a large Big Mac meal.

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

I'm not a massive lover of Turkey,  so I usually cook the more British traditional goose,  or duck. This year I am doing rib of beef with all the trimmings. Starter will be belly pork and black pudding with a balsamic glaze, Christmas pudding with some money in for the kids and a bit later cheese and biscuits with grapes and a glass of wine. 
Once spent Christmas in Czech Republic,  there they cooked carp for Christmas,  very boney fish but quite pleasant.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

Are Crackers and silly hats just a UK thing or do other parts of the world do it as well ?

Lechon is the national dish here - a whole suckling pig roasted over charcoal. But I insist on a traditional English Christmas lunch - turkey and all the trimmings - it's already on order at my local M&S branch in the city  ajb007/smile .

Christmas crackers are popular here as well, TP  ajb007/martini

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

No crackers,  silly hats or silly jumpers.

Last edited by Number24 (4th Dec 2016 11:48)

minigeff wrote:

Usually splash out at Christmas and get a large Big Mac meal.

Big Mac!  ajb007/amazed  ajb007/insane  ajb007/mad  ajb007/amazed  (I say this without any judgement, of cource)

I have a suggestion: why don't we post a photo of what the meals look like, at least if they are exotic or unusual (such as the Big Mac) But I won't  post any photos of smalahove, no matter how much you beg me to.

Salt cured lamb ribs

http://img.gfx.no/1504/1504856/original.956x390.jpg

Pork flanc with cracklings.

http://www.moestue.com/media/uploads/images/Juleribbe_med_akevitt_2_thumb_718x500.jpg

nice selection of food there guys , any contributions from the USA ? our Christmas lunch (I hate it ) will consist of the following
roast spuds ,roasted in goose fat ,brussel sprouts (I hate them) ,carrots,peas ,cauliflower cheese , stuffing, pigs in blankets , roast turkey (borrrring) roast pork ,pork crackling, followed by Christmas pud (yuk) mince pies ,cream,custard ,trifle, cheese &biscuits,walnuts ,grapes, dates ,I much prefer boxing day of cold meats ,mashed potatoes, and pickles ,

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

I always do sprouts,  but par boil them then pan fry in butter,  black pepper with smoked bacon and chestnuts.  I know a lot of people hate sprouts.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

Sprouts - best vegetable in the world!!

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

always shaken wrote:

brussel sprouts (I hate them)

You Sir have very good taste  ajb007/martini

"I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
"- That is something to be afraid of."

Love them!

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

Yes, we're pretty traditional when it comes to Christmas dinners. Turkey, stuffing, roast potatoes, mash, sprouts, cocktail sausages etc.   ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

hehadlotsofguts wrote:

Can't go wrong with Pigs In Blankets! It's the one part of the meal, i look forward too! I love them!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/e1/37/f2e137361ee95a8cf4de7e9fa0898333.jpg

There you go!  ajb007/lol

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Silhouette Man wrote:
hehadlotsofguts wrote:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/e1/37/f2e137361ee95a8cf4de7e9fa0898333.jpg

There you go!  ajb007/lol

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"

Along with the Turkey, which no one actually likes but I feel obliged to serve anyway, I will do a gammon joint.

Love sprouts so they'll be on the menu along with some yummy parsnips and other stuff.

I think I prefer all the 'extras' that go with the meal rather than the actual meal itself. Love stuffing, bread sauce and pigs in blankets. Usually just end up with a plate of those!  ajb007/lol

It all kicks off just after 3pm after The Queens speech.

We also have to add Birthday cake into the mix as it's also my daughters birthday  ajb007/biggrin

What is this "pigs in blankets"  everyone keeps going on about? Serving what's in the photos above seems a bit heartless,  even for the brutal and savage British.

Coming from a nation who eat Rudolph ?  ajb007/lol