51

Re: christmas dinner

Silhouette Man wrote:
OGG007 wrote:
always shaken wrote:

nice selection of food there guys , any contributions from the USA ? our Christmas lunch (I hate it ) will consist of the following
roast spuds ,roasted in goose fat ,brussel sprouts (I hate them) ,carrots,peas ,cauliflower cheese , stuffing, pigs in blankets , roast turkey (borrrring) roast pork ,pork crackling, followed by Christmas pud (yuk) mince pies ,cream,custard ,trifle, cheese &biscuits,walnuts ,grapes, dates ,I much prefer boxing day of cold meats ,mashed potatoes, and pickles ,


Is that all you're eating?  Where's the entrée and the pièce de résistance?  ajb007/rolleyes  ajb007/martini

Ah, but then there would be no surprise would there, sir?  ajb007/biggrin

I knew someone would pick this DAF quote up  ajb007/wink  ajb007/martini

"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". -  Homer J Simpson

52

Re: christmas dinner

OGG007 wrote:
always shaken wrote:

nice selection of food there guys  .... pickles ,


Is that all you're eating?  Where's the entrée and the pièce de résistance?  ajb007/rolleyes  ajb007/martini


And what about a wafer thin mint?

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

53

Re: christmas dinner

0073 wrote:

Oh YES! Christmas dinner,

In Finland the same as in Germany; the Eve is the main even. Can't be exactly be certain what it's going to be this year, since for my family, the "Clan" comes together in for the celebration and everybody contributes, but there is likely going to be: assortment of herring (home made), cold smoked and cured salmon (prepared by yours truly), assortment of roe, cold cuts of meat (tongue and roast beef by yours truly), potato salad, boiled potatoes, mash, peas, a Christmas Ham and a roast of Moose (M shot by yours truly) fresh home baked bread. We'll top it of with some sweet dessert, which IMHO will be again quite insignificant addition to the feast. Drinks will include assortment of beers, red and white wine, schnapps and cognac and whisky.

Christmas is pretty big in my family...

I never would have guessed. ajb007/lol   If it's OK, may I please gate crash the party?  I'm sure along with the other 338 guests that will be present no one will notice if I'm there (then again!) ajb007/wink  And with that drink selection Christmas has well and truly arrived.  I promise to be gone within two weeks - as long as I get to take a doggy bag back on the plane with me. ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". -  Homer J Simpson

54

Re: christmas dinner

OGG007 wrote:

I never would have guessed. ajb007/lol   If it's OK, may I please gate crash the party?  I'm sure along with the other 338 guests that will be present no one will notice if I'm there (then again!) ajb007/wink  And with that drink selection Christmas has well and truly arrived.  I promise to be gone within two weeks - as long as I get to take a doggy bag back on the plane with me. ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/cheers  ajb007/cheers  ajb007/cheers

"I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
-Mr Arlington Beech

55

Re: christmas dinner

OGG007 wrote:
always shaken wrote:

nice selection of food there guys , any contributions from the USA ? our Christmas lunch (I hate it ) will consist of the following
roast spuds ,roasted in goose fat ,brussel sprouts (I hate them) ,carrots,peas ,cauliflower cheese , stuffing, pigs in blankets , roast turkey (borrrring) roast pork ,pork crackling, followed by Christmas pud (yuk) mince pies ,cream,custard ,trifle, cheese &biscuits,walnuts ,grapes, dates ,I much prefer boxing day of cold meats ,mashed potatoes, and pickles ,


Is that all you're eating?  Where's the entrée and the pièce de résistance?  ajb007/rolleyes  ajb007/martini

well that's the Christmas dinner out of the way ,then comes the best part of the day Christmas day tea  ajb007/biggrin
cold prawns ,smoked salmon, home made sausage rolls ,my wife makes killer sausage rolls , cold turkey sandwiches, more stilton
quiche , endless cups of orange pekoe tea ,some silly table presents , plenty of conversation mostly about people that had died from previous Christmases ,and then every one goes home and I go up to bed moaning that im dying  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

56

Re: christmas dinner

Not food-related,  but very Christmas-related: I was at a consert tonight at a local Church.  Christmas Oratorium by Bach.  Wonderful  ajb007/bond

57

Re: christmas dinner

always shaken wrote:
OGG007 wrote:
always shaken wrote:

nice selection of food there guys , any contributions from the USA ? our Christmas lunch (I hate it ) will consist of the following
roast spuds ,roasted in goose fat ,brussel sprouts (I hate them) ,carrots,peas ,cauliflower cheese , stuffing, pigs in blankets , roast turkey (borrrring) roast pork ,pork crackling, followed by Christmas pud (yuk) mince pies ,cream,custard ,trifle, cheese &biscuits,walnuts ,grapes, dates ,I much prefer boxing day of cold meats ,mashed potatoes, and pickles ,


Is that all you're eating?  Where's the entrée and the pièce de résistance?  ajb007/rolleyes  ajb007/martini

well that's the Christmas dinner out of the way ,then comes the best part of the day Christmas day tea  ajb007/biggrin
cold prawns ,smoked salmon, home made sausage rolls ,my wife makes killer sausage rolls , cold turkey sandwiches, more stilton
quiche , endless cups of orange pekoe tea ,some silly table presents , plenty of conversation mostly about people that had died from previous Christmases ,and then every one goes home and I go up to bed moaning that im dying  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

... of starvation.   ajb007/lol    Sorry - couldn't resist.  I think I've been playing AJB007 trivia too much lately.  ajb007/rolleyes    ajb007/cheers

"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". -  Homer J Simpson

58

Re: christmas dinner

As you can see I started this post last Christmas

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

59

Re: christmas dinner

I’d love to see what are new members will be stuffing their faces with on Christmas day

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

60

Re: christmas dinner

Growing up Roma we always had a pasta for Christmas that contained every meat you could find thrown in with whatever shellfish could be found, in a red sauce on pasta. And since it was Christmas we had "the good cheese" to put on top. After that we had a pork lasagna course followed by an "American" meal. So turkey and stuffing. Basically you gain ten pounds at the table. I converted so I no longer have Christmas celebrations. This year I will be cooking at a homeless shelter for dinner. I make killer focaccia.

I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey

61

Re: christmas dinner

VesperMelograno wrote:

Growing up Roma we always had a pasta for Christmas that contained every meat you could find thrown in with whatever shellfish could be found, in a red sauce on pasta. And since it was Christmas we had "the good cheese" to put on top. After that we had a pork lasagna course followed by an "American" meal. So turkey and stuffing. Basically you gain ten pounds at the table. I converted so I no longer have Christmas celebrations. This year I will be cooking at a homeless shelter for dinner. I make killer focaccia.

Respect Lady Vesper  ajb007/martini

***One day at a time***

62

Re: christmas dinner

Can I ask: what did you convert to?

63

Re: christmas dinner

Number24 wrote:

Can I ask: what did you convert to?

Right Hand Drive  ajb007/biggrin

***One day at a time***

64

Re: christmas dinner

Justin Bieber fan?

Buddhism?

65

Re: christmas dinner

Number24 wrote:

Can I ask: what did you convert to?

I am Jewish. I converted 12 years ago. Now I feel old.

I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey

66

Re: christmas dinner

I just realized I ended my national service 25 years ago - imagine how old I feel  ajb007/crap
Converting to judaism, that's interesting. I have a question this time too: was your converting influenced (autocorrect: influenza) by your husband's religious beliefs?

67

Re: christmas dinner

Number24 wrote:

I just realized I ended my national service 25 years ago - imagine how old I feel  ajb007/crap
Converting to judaism, that's interesting. I have a question this time too: was your converting influenced (autocorrect: influenza) by your husband's religious beliefs?

No. I finished conversation at 18 ( started at 17). I met my husband in gradschool when I was a whopping 23.(Enter the Blink 182 sing "What's my Age Again.")

I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey

68

Re: christmas dinner

You meet all sorts of intereresting people here in AJB007  ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/bond

69

Re: christmas dinner

I converted to Atheism  long ago  ajb007/wink  ajb007/tongue

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

70

Re: christmas dinner

Happy Hanukkah to you, VM! I shall spin a dreidel in your honour!

71

Re: christmas dinner

The Domino Effect wrote:

Happy Hanukkah to you, VM! I shall spin a dreidel in your honour!

You too! My Temple is having a latkes-a-thon this year!

I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey

72

Re: christmas dinner

Well mazel tov to that!

When you converted, did you also convert to kosher food? And if so, do you miss pork? I don't think I could live without porchetta and bacon and pork chops and...

73

Re: christmas dinner

The Domino Effect wrote:

Well mazel tov to that!

When you converted, did you also convert to kosher food? And if so, do you miss pork? I don't think I could live without porchetta and bacon and pork chops and...

Porchetta!  I love Porchetta,  we are having it on Boxing day with rosemary and garlic roast potatoes.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

74

Re: christmas dinner

What time do you want me over, Chriscoop?  ajb007/biggrin

75

Re: christmas dinner

The Domino Effect wrote:

Well mazel tov to that!

When you converted, did you also convert to kosher food? And if so, do you miss pork? I don't think I could live without porchetta and bacon and pork chops and...

I used to keep kosher but I no longer do... and I eat bacon... lots of bacon...and shellfish...

I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey