26

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Montenegro sounds more exotic than Prague.

27

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Gala Brand wrote:

Montenegro sounds more exotic than Prague.

Sounding more exotic doesn't mean a thing if it doesn't look more exotic. And I've never heard anyone describe Prague as anything less than one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.

28

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

We're going to play a high-stakes, winner-taker-all poker game for $100 million in Prague.

vs.

We're going to play a high-stakes, winner-take-all poker game for $100 million in Montenegro.

29

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Gala Brand wrote:

We're going to play a high-stakes, winner-taker-all poker game for $100 million in Prague.

vs.

We're going to play a high-stakes, winner-take-all poker game for $100 million in Montenegro.

Sure, Montenegro sounds more exciting ... for one second. Then Bond gets there and they have to hide Prague's beauty because it is "Montenegro".

30

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Matt S wrote:
Number24 wrote:
Matt S wrote:

This is true. And it's understandable why they haven't filmed in some places that might be dangerous or untrustworthy. But I can't understand why Casino Royale took place in "Montenegro". Why couldn't they just call it what it really was, Prague? They were filming in such a beautiful city and couldn't even take advantage of it because they wanted it to be something it wasn't for no reason.

You do know Montenegro is a real country, Matt S?  ajb007/smile

Yes, and I also know that Prague is not a city in it.

And a lovely city it is, but I had to ask since you put Montenegro in "these".  ajb007/confused

31

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Number24 wrote:
Matt S wrote:
Number24 wrote:

You do know Montenegro is a real country, Matt S?  ajb007/smile

Yes, and I also know that Prague is not a city in it.

And a lovely city it is, but I had to ask since you put Montenegro in "these".  ajb007/confused

I put it in quotes because Bond is not in Montenegro.

32

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Matt S wrote:
Number24 wrote:
Matt S wrote:

Yes, and I also know that Prague is not a city in it.

And a lovely city it is, but I had to ask since you put Montenegro in "these".  ajb007/confused

I put it in quotes because Bond is not in Montenegro.

I'm easily confused, but now it makes sense.

33

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

https://youtu.be/GxZ1xn2ml10
Birmingham " this is the view that nearly took my breath away "

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

34

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Some great options here. Algeria looks amazing.

Here are some other options:

- Barcelona. A beautiful city that is not used much in major movies. Madrid is another one.
- Japan. I love Japan and there are so many great locations to visit: Nara, Nikko, Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto...
- Australia
- Lisbon. A beautiful city which is not portrayed often in films
- Oslo. Just because he has never been there and I used to live here.
- Brussels. Also a location Bond has not visited yet.
- Canada: i want to see a good old fashioned ski chase again. Alberta perhaps?
- Edinburgh: Also a place I used to live in. And good for the UK connection with Bond.

OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

1. Connery 2. Craig 3. Brosnan 4. Dalton 5. Lazenby 6. Moore

35

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Talking of locations ,im off to Sienna  (QOS) this year for a wedding ,any tips locations ,film shots ,ect would be greatly appreciated
so I can photo them and share them with you guys

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

36

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

You must chase someone across a rooftop  ajb007/wink

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

37

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Thunderpussy wrote:

You must chase someone across a rooftop  ajb007/wink

The thought had crossed my mind ,but if I chased the wife knowing my luck she wouldn't fall off  ajb007/rolleyes

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

38

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

ajb007/lol  It would be nice to get a photo on a rooftop though,
and a few in the square where the  horse race took place.

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

39

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Thunderpussy wrote:

ajb007/lol  It would be nice to get a photo on a rooftop though,
and a few in the square where the  horse race took place.

Yes I will see if I can a photo of me sitting on the wifes back ,im sure no one will notice at a distance ajb007/lol

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

40

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

ajb007/lol  Could start a new AJB tradition. When there two or more
Bond fans must have a piggyback race.

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

41

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

I'm watching a documentary about life on a scientific base in Antarctica and like so many things it made me think of Bond. There can be several reason why 007 needs to go there,  such as villans digging for valuable materiale for weapon production. It's also interesting that major world Powers such as the US, Russia and Norway have bases and interact.Perhaps places like Alaska or Svalbard has to be used for actually filming,  but sending Bond to Arctic or Antarctic locationsmakes Bond even more unique.

42

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Number24 wrote:

I'm watching a documentary about life on a scientific base in Antarctica and like so many things it made me think of Bond. There can be several reason why 007 needs to go there,  such as villans digging for valuable materiale for weapon production. It's also interesting that major world Powers such as the US, Russia and Norway have bases and interact.Perhaps places like Alaska or Svalbard has to be used for actually filming,  but sending Bond to Arctic or Antarctic locationsmakes Bond even more unique.

Siberia would be a good place to go as well. Something like that would have worked incredibly well with Moore.

43

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Bond going to Moscow would be great to see, not sure why he would go though unless they incorporated the unused storyline from the novel TMWTGG where he's suffering amnesia has flash backs to Moscow (Like Bourne I'm sure that storyline was stolen from Fleming) He goes and is captured by the KGB or whatever it's called now, brainwashed (like the Ipcress File) into killing M. 

He then returns to London or maybe M is in some other City to carry out the deed and fails.  He goes to shrublands to get better, when recovered M sends him on a mission to prove himself, to kill (in the novel it's Scaramanga), in the next Bond film it could be Blofeld (who in the pre title sequence has escaped), then the whole Garden of Death thing.

Loads of other great Citys he's not been to, Copenhagen, Marsailles (maybe a drug element), Turin, Dublin, et all the rest.  I'd love him to return to Amsterdam and feature a speedboat chase along the canals (I know it was done in Puppet on a chain).  But!!!

FRWl, OHMSS, CR, TSWLM, GF, SF, TLD,  LTK, TND, DN, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TMWTGG, QOS, SPECTRE, YOLT, TB, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK.

"Do you expect me to talk?  "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"

44

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Based on the current state of world affairs, I don't think Bond returning to Russia would seem a bit out of place or forced...

45

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Oakvale wrote:
Number24 wrote:

I'm watching a documentary about life on a scientific base in Antarctica and like so many things it made me think of Bond. There can be several reason why 007 needs to go there,  such as villans digging for valuable materiale for weapon production. It's also interesting that major world Powers such as the US, Russia and Norway have bases and interact.Perhaps places like Alaska or Svalbard has to be used for actually filming,  but sending Bond to Arctic or Antarctic locationsmakes Bond even more unique.

Siberia would be a good place to go as well. Something like that would have worked incredibly well with Moore.

Have you seen A View to a Kill?

46

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

I read a piece about Hereford. The town has become a hub for private security firms offering mercenaries, bodyguards etc. for the world's most troubled regions. I think the contrast between an English town where Miss Marple wouldn't be out of place and the business that goes on there is interesting.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/84/The_Old_House,_High_Town,_Hereford_-_geograph.org.uk_-_11172.jpg

47

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

^Nice arse on that woman

1 - Avtak, 2 - Op, 3 - Ltk, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Ohmss, 7 - Sf, 8 - Dn, 9 - Ge, 10 - Daf, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tswlm, 13 - Mr, 14 - Tld, 15 - Yolt, 16 - Sp, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Qos, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Twine, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

48

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Thunderpussy wrote:

https://youtu.be/GxZ1xn2ml10
Birmingham " this is the view that nearly took my breath away "

I was in Birmingham in June of last year (Day after the Brexit vote) for the Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow gig at the NEC.  We stopped for 3 nights and I have to say it is a very modern vibrant City in many respects similar to Manchester.  We had a great short break.

Can't see Bond going to either those UK Citys anytime soon....lol

FRWl, OHMSS, CR, TSWLM, GF, SF, TLD,  LTK, TND, DN, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TMWTGG, QOS, SPECTRE, YOLT, TB, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK.

"Do you expect me to talk?  "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"

49

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

I reckon Sydney, Australia would be a great place, or Darwin as well.
Wellington, New Zealand would be cool to see in a Bond film. 007 never been to Oceania

“The scent and smoke and sweat of a casino are nauseating at three in the morning. "
-Casino Royale, Ian Fleming

50

Re: Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

I can't believe he hasn't visited Station C Canada.  He was nearly sent there in TB.  Maybe he could get there in Bond 25.

FRWl, OHMSS, CR, TSWLM, GF, SF, TLD,  LTK, TND, DN, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TMWTGG, QOS, SPECTRE, YOLT, TB, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK.

"Do you expect me to talk?  "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"