ROYALE Filmwear SKYFALL Pea Coat 2016

SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
Gentlemen!!

Firstly I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and I hope everyone has a great festive season with family and friends. For me personally it's been a very busy 2016, which I'm hoping to carry on into 2017. I'm very pleased to show you the latest ROYALE offering... It is a couple of years since the first version of the SKYFALL Shanghai Pea Coat and I was always very pleased with how it turned out, consequently, with this latest version there haven't been too many changes... just a minor tweak here and there.

Firstly, the colour and weight are more or less the same in a (very) dark navy, but the body of the jacket now has a little more shape to it, kicking out a bit at the hips like the original. The button positioning is slightly higher and the leather (in black) under the pocket flaps and behind the collar has been upgraded to a pre-worn style with some fine worn looking textures (looks great) The hand warmer pockets are now a little deeper and more accommodating. The button style has also been upgraded.

With all that in mind, visually there were too few changes to warrant me taking new photos (In the middle of Summer here!!!) so I have stuck with the original photos on the storefront. There is an image of the current production run also up on the storefront and I will post a handful of detailed photos of this 2016 run below... but first, sizing.

Sizing is very comparable to all of this years jackets, with one exception... The first run of Solden jackets was slightly smaller than the second run, so if you got one of the first Soldens from February this year and were very happy with sizing you may wish to size down for this one. With that exception... I consider the chest sizes that I have posted to be very accurate. Of course that is just a size guide. Just remember to always consider the shoulders as well as the chest… the shoulders are probably more important. As long as you get the shoulders right, the rest can be tailored(down)… My true size that fits me like a glove is really a large, but I am a bit broader than some so I’ve gone for the XL with the intention of doing a bit of tailoring. The sizing is very consistent with the Altaussee jacket if you own that one, otherwise perhaps a hair larger than the Harrington (not much larger) Personally, I’m an XL in the recent Solden(V2), Altaussee, Harrington and now the Pea Coat. Not all of those are a perfect fit for me, but I’ve landed in the same size for all of those, so you might say I feel the sizing is pretty consistent with the recent jackets. Sizing is always a very personal thing and it really depends on what you'll be wearing (layering) underneath too. Me, being about a 43 could probably 'get away' with a large, but I do lean more towards a bit more comfort these days, with the appreciation that I can always have a bit of tailoring done later...

I hope at least some of that made sense... All current orders are ready to ship first thing Monday, but I may not have the tracking out until Tuesday (at the latest)

Here are the pics gentlemen and have a Happy and safe Christmas with your family and friends...

Ohhh... new email address (sales@royalefilmwear.com)

All the best!!

-{

Dan.
15645740_10154855543334487_1726266656_n.jpg

15577410_10154855500514487_874803960_n.jpg

15645565_10154855514679487_1574180169_n.jpg

15555349_10154855497379487_1271212874_o.jpg
sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear

Comments

• LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    Dan a very Merry Christmas to you also! -{

Latest offering looks great and with the additional "tweaks" I'm sure they will all be snapped up. I'm dropping a hint that this would be the perfect Christmas present but I have so many jackets and coats that wardrobe space is becoming an issue :p The latest Harrington has certainly had some wear since it arrived and has had a lot of positive comments and admiring glances! I know the pea coat will be the same.

Please keep up the great work you do !

Llafyks
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Merry Christmas, Dan!

Is there anything you can tell us about your 2017 plans, after the Haiti jacket?

Cheers! -{ :007)
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    The jacket looks great! I already ordered one ; it is a Christmas present from my beautiful wife. Dan, thanks for the help with choosing the right size.
  • Herr MichaelHerr Michael Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    I'm very much looking forward to receiving my new peacoat. Thanks for getting them out tomorrow too.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Merry Christmas to you as well!

Since I already have v1 and love it and get compliments when I wear it I'm going to save my money for when you come out with your Quantum Haiti jacket since I don't own it.

For anyone sitting on the fence about any Royale products; they are completely worth ever penny. Very high quality clothing and I would recommend to anyone.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • cwikacwika Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    edited December 2016
    Hi,

I have a question to the members who lives in England, Great Britain. When you receive your order from Australia you pay duty to receive your package (customs duty)? Is Australia England duty free??

Because when it will send directly to me i must go to the customhouse to receive my package.
  • Agent 003.5Agent 003.5 HollandPosts: 9MI6 Agent
    Well merry christmas too you as well

Well it looks great and love to order it a soon as I can.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited December 2016
    cwika wrote:
    Hi,

I have a question to the members who lives in England, Great Britain. When you receive your order from Australia you pay duty to receive your package (customs duty)? Is Australia England duty free??

Because when it will send directly to me i must go to the customhouse to receive my package.

Yes Im in the UK and have to pay customs duty before it gets released by customs and delivered to my house.
  • RayneRayne Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    I am 6'2" with a sleeve length of just over 26 inchs and a coat length of around 36 inches. Chest hovers around a 41, and shoulder is just over 18 inchs. I am a size 31/34 pants so I have a smaller waist.
    I was looking at either the medium or the tall and was having a hard time deciding. Honestly the length of the jacket should probably be my biggest concern, as I usually wear tall coats which are around 33-34"...
    Any suggestions? Maybe some tall alternatives?
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    All initial orders have now shipped!! (It's been a big day) Please check your emails gents for the tracking numbers, there were a number of people who said they never got the tracking advice for the harrington (sent through storenvy) I have a feeling those emails may have got caught in a filter of some sort. I've just emailed everyone via the storefront so pleased do check all folders if it's not in the inbox. Nearly 2am here, still catching up on emails... might have to call it a night. :))

-{

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    Rayne wrote:
    I am 6'2" with a sleeve length of just over 26 inchs and a coat length of around 36 inches. Chest hovers around a 41, and shoulder is just over 18 inchs. I am a size 31/34 pants so I have a smaller waist.
    I was looking at either the medium or the tall and was having a hard time deciding. Honestly the length of the jacket should probably be my biggest concern, as I usually wear tall coats which are around 33-34"...

Hi Rayne,

Thanks for the question and details. May I ask what is your weight? That always helps me to complete the picture. Just on the coat length... this one isn't a full length style pea coat. I certainly do appreciate your concern, being a taller chap, but in this instance the style (Bond style of course) is certainly a bit shorter. I'd say it's even a bit shorter than the pics on the ROYALE storefront. The main reason for that is my frame is probably a bit larger than normal (for my height that is) So, inevitably in a larger size jackets and sleeves end up a touch long on me (in an XL) There isn't much variation in length between the sizes, but with your waist size, I'm leaning towards a medium, but please let me know your weight to complete the picture... If anybody else would like to chime in on the length I'd appreciate it. After 2 here.... stick a fork in me, I'm done. Good night all...

skyfall_Brnice_Marlohe2.jpg
    Thanks for getting them out so fast. I did receive my tracking information. USPS already knows that Aussie Post has it in their possession. No expected delivery yet, of course.
  • RayneRayne Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Rayne wrote:

Hi Rayne,

Thanks for the question and details. May I ask what is your weight? That always helps me to complete the picture. Just on the coat length... this one isn't a full length style pea coat. I certainly do appreciate your concern, being a taller chap, but in this instance the style (Bond style of course) is certainly a bit shorter. I'd say it's even a bit shorter than the pics on the ROYALE storefront. The main reason for that is my frame is probably a bit larger than normal (for my height that is) So, inevitably in a larger size jackets and sleeves end up a touch long on me (in an XL) There isn't much variation in length between the sizes, but with your waist size, I'm leaning towards a medium, but please let me know your weight to complete the picture... If anybody else would like to chime in on the length I'd appreciate it. After 2 here.... stick a fork in me, I'm done. Good night all...

skyfall_Brnice_Marlohe2.jpg

Hi silver.

Thank you, that's great to know.

I'm 174 lbs lol. Skinny fella. My only concern on jackets ever is length of back and length of sleeve.

Sounds like the sleeve length is actually alright on these. Just going to come down to of I feel the back is right. Typically my full length peacoat as I said is around 33-34 inches.
    Hi silver.

Thank you, that's great to know.

I'm 174 lbs lol. Skinny fella. My only concern on jackets ever is length of back and length of sleeve.

Sounds like the sleeve length is actually alright on these. Just going to come down to of I feel the back is right. Typically my full length peacoat as I said is around 33-34 inches.

Cheers, thanks for that. I can say with some certainty that provided the shoulders aren't a problem, being 174 / 6'2 go with the medium, I do have a handful of jackets with slightly longer sleeves so I can accommodate that if you wish. As you can see in the above photo, the length is certainly not a full length pea coat. I guess it just comes down to whether or not you like the length of the original design as shown above. I don't personally have any longer coats than this one so it feels very natural to me and I rather like that it's about the length of a suit jacket instead of a big overcoat.

To get a better feel for the length, pin up one of the pea coats you already own to the length in the sizing table an try it on to see how you feel about it. (I'm a man of solutions :)) )

Feel free to email me if you'd like to discuss further sales@royalefilmwear.com

-{

Dan.
  • HinksHinks Peterborough, UKPosts: 40MI6 Agent
    Hi Dan,
    I bought an XXL in the harrington and it fits perfect, Is the sizing for the peacoat the same ?
    Hinks wrote:
    Hi Dan,
    I bought an XXL in the harrington and it fits perfect, Is the sizing for the peacoat the same ?

Yes it is, personally I am an XL in both the recent harrington and this pea coat... and I know David Zaritsky is also a medium in both the recent 2016 harrington and also this pea coat... (Spoiler**** review coming soon!!!) The pea coat is quoted as being an inch larger in the sizing table than the harrington, which is more to do with how they should fit one compared to the other if you want to get into the nitty gritty of screen accuracy... In reality though they measure up very much the same when you compare the sizing table, in other words if you're happy with the recent harrington production stick with the same size. None of us will ever get a truly perfect fit off the rack, (Including myself) but most certainly, the sizing of the harrington is essentially the same as the pea coat and the V2 Solden before it, which is an excellent reference point.

-{

Dan.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    edited December 2016
    Dan,
    Do you think it's fair to say though that picking a size also depends on how you want to wear it? For instance with the Harrington you might wear a tee or polo, but with the Peacoat you might wear a dress shirt and sweater, so would a bump up in size compared to the Harrington be warranted in that scenario?
  • Agent 003.5Agent 003.5 HollandPosts: 9MI6 Agent
    Hi dan

Good to now that the size are most the same. I already got de v2 solden so I just order mine in the same size.
    So I think it will fit
    Dan,
    Do you think it's fair to say though that picking a size also depends on how you want to wear it? For instance with the Harrington you might wear a tee or polo, but with the Peacoat you might wear a dress shirt and sweater, so would a bump up in size compared to the Harrington be warranted in that scenario?

Yes absolutely, which is one of things that makes it very difficult for me on my end trying to recommend a size, in this instance though I really do feel it's best to stick with the same size... but again if you know you're going to want to wear a super thick layer underneath at times, and you own the harrington or a jacket/coat of similar specs, I'd suggest wearing that layer underneath it to gauge the fit. For me, with our moderate winters in Australia that's not something I would have to worry about. I really just recommend sticking with the same size as the last few jackets as the best way to go... but if you are in doubt, this is an easy jacket to tailor so if you do size up with the expectation of heavy layering, you will at least have options if the fit needs to be adjusted.

As always, the label size and chest size are guides, but it really is worth getting the tape measure out to do some hard comparisons of specs. The sizing table is very accurate.

I certainly do appreciate how hard it can be to buy clothes online, which is why I try to show as much sizing information as I can.

Not sure if that helps :#
    My new peacoat made it to the States yesterday. It will probably be stuck in Customs for at least two weeks now.

I waited three weeks for a pair of Meindl boots from Germany.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I received a small and a medium. The medium fits me perfectly, the small is a wee bit tight...I am a size 48-50 EU jacket if that helps.
    Did you order from this batch on the Saturday they were placed on the web site? And you received them already?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
  • LeflerjLeflerj Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    My peacoat arrived today (size large) and it is beautiful. The fit is strange on me though; it's really snug in the arms and chest (I can feel the material tightening/stretching if I put my arms together or move them back), but the shoulders seem just slightly bigger than what I would need (there is a "dimple" from the shoulder pad to the top of my arm). I would have to have the sleeves and overall length reduced (I'm only 5'6"), and I'm thinking once the arm length is adjusted right the shoulder dimple would be reduced. Should I be investing the money to have it tailored or will the jacket really never "look" right? I'm afraid if I size down to Medium the chest and arms would be too tight to move around.

IMG_8685.jpg
    So I just spoke with my tailor and he advised me that the divots are not from the shoulder size, but the way the arm holes are cut in proportion to my arm size/shape. The jacket length also cannot be shortened to the length I would like because it would ruin the proportions from the pockets :# Because of my body shape and height, the jacket will never look completely the way I want it to without significant alterations.

Since sizing down is not an option and the fact that it would cost quite a bit to have the jacket tailored (from what can actually be done), I've opted to place my jacket for sale. It's unfortunate though, considering the jacket is very well made.
  • Law007316Law007316 Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Hey Mantis. Can you do a direct comparison between the genuine BR and Royale Filmwear's? Thanks so much in advance!
  • Law007316Law007316 Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    Leflerj wrote:
    So I just spoke with my tailor and he advised me that the divots are not from the shoulder size, but the way the arm holes are cut in proportion to my arm size/shape. The jacket length also cannot be shortened to the length I would like because it would ruin the proportions from the pockets :# Because of my body shape and height, the jacket will never look completely the way I want it to without significant alterations.

Since sizing down is not an option and the fact that it would cost quite a bit to have the jacket tailored (from what can actually be done), I've opted to place my jacket for sale. It's unfortunate though, considering the jacket is very well made.

What are the rest of your measurements?
  • JancikJancik Posts: 87MI6 Agent
    Law007316 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Hey Mantis. Can you do a direct comparison between the genuine BR and Royale Filmwear's? Thanks so much in advance!

I would also be very interested in that!
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    I received mine in the mail yesterday along with about a foot of snow,and I'm extremely pleased with it! It's a beautiful sleek, warm jacket.

20161230_070641.jpg
    Law007316 wrote:
    Leflerj wrote:

What are the rest of your measurements?

18.5" shoulder, 42" chest, 31" waist, 5'6" tall.