1

Topic: Firearms

They are not allowed in large parts of the world (exception USA).

Recently we have an increase of members and posts that are only about firearms in a very wide context with Bond.

I say that allowing these attracts the wrong people and does not much good for the community.
I personally find members posing with guns here pointless ridiculous and tacky.

As an example, we have miniors here that live in countries, where firearms are banned. It just raises the desirability to those people and they may do stupid things to get one.

As an example: Post a pic of a firearm and your Rolex, will get you immediately banned on the Rolex Forum, you are not even allowed to talk guns and knifes.

I admire the knowledge which is behind Donk's research on thhe topic and would hate it they must go. And I have no idea how to set a certain rule to deal with the issue, but it's getting more and more here.

Last edited by Higgins (8th Jan 2017 19:01)

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

2

Re: Firearms

What do you expect.  It's a site devoted to a fictional government assassin whose key weapon has been made famous worldwide.   It would be like discussing Robin Hood without reference or pictures of archery and swords ajb007/lol

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

3

Re: Firearms

yes, but it's not a firearms forum and the mem&coll moves more and more from clothing (which is good) to privately owned firearms.

Nobody discusses Bond's firearms, it's just about showing off their own stuff.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

4

Re: Firearms

Higgins wrote:

yes, but it's not a firearms forum and the mem&coll moves more and more from clothing (which is good) to privately owned firearms.

Nobody discusses Bond's firearms, it's just about showing off their own stuff.

I disagree.  It was the firearms side of things that got me into this hobby, and screen used weapons from the Bond films are my collecting passion.

Every image of Bond advertising has him posing with a gun.  Fans are going to replicate that, it's not sinister.  Bond is hardly a role model to kids anyway, except for the cheesy Moore films.  He was originally created by Fleming for adults, and that's how he should be.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

5

Re: Firearms

Is there a better reason then to ban firearms entirely here?  ajb007/shifty


Asp9mm wrote:

I disagree.  It was the firearms side of things that got me into this hobby, and screen used weapons from the Bond films are my collecting passion.
.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

6

Re: Firearms

I have to say I'm with Asp9mm on this...perhaps we shouldn't mention gambling, sex and alcohol as well  ajb007/insane

YNWA: Justice For The 96

A spectre of my mortal soul

7

Re: Firearms

Higgins wrote:

Is there a better reason then to ban firearms entirely here?  ajb007/shifty


Asp9mm wrote:

I disagree.  It was the firearms side of things that got me into this hobby, and screen used weapons from the Bond films are my collecting passion.
.

http://static.skaip.org/img/emoticons/180x180/f6fcff/mooning.gif

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

8

Re: Firearms

Such hypocracy in action...

Maybe if members understood firearms better they wouldn't be so afraid of them.

9

Re: Firearms

Sir Miles wrote:

I have to say I'm with Asp9mm on this...perhaps we shouldn't mention gambling, sex and alcohol as well  ajb007/insane

And breaking the traffic laws in fast cars. The Motor Vehicle Bureau will be knocking on your door and every teenager within viewing distance will be out jumping their car from mountain tops and careening around paases with no guard rails.

Oh my!!

10

Re: Firearms

Given how high the level of gun ownership in America is. I think  the small number of
Attacks ( although all horrible ) shows a responsible attitude by most gun owners.

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

11

Re: Firearms

Responsible, law-abiding firearms owners who acquired their firearms through the proper and legal channels do not go out on killing sprees mowing down as many people within their sights as they can.

Some people are scared of inanimate objects. Not once has any of my firearms ever jumped out of the cabinet or out of the rack and killed anyone on their own.

12

Re: Firearms

I get your concern on these shootings, Higgins, with the following caveats:

Have you ever seen a James Bond film or read one of the novels?

They contain guns, knives and explosives.

By at least association are we not condoning our hero Bond's use of these items?

So maybe this Bond forum is not the place best suited to lecture others about guns or knives or explosives?

They exist and people own them, quite legally.

I cannot see that changing any time soon. No matter how many killing sprees or massacres or terrorist outrages there are now or will be in the future.

True, I do not pose with guns in photos, ever, but each to their own.

Last edited by Silhouette Man (8th Jan 2017 20:06)

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

13

Re: Firearms

Herr Michael wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:

I have to say I'm with Asp9mm on this...perhaps we shouldn't mention gambling, sex and alcohol as well  ajb007/insane

And breaking the traffic laws in fast cars. The Motor Vehicle Bureau will be knocking on your door and every teenager within viewing distance will be out jumping their car from mountain tops and careening around paases with no guard rails.

Oh my!!

Cars are made to transport people - firearms are made to kill!

Go figure where the hypocracy is

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

14

Re: Firearms

Surely a gun is designed to fire a projectile ( Bullet)  nothing more. It's the Human's  choice
Whether to use it on a target, an animal or another Human.

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

15

Re: Firearms

Higgins is right.  They are specifically designed to kill people (certain guns anyway, but not all).  But so are swords and I like training, battle reenactment and collecting them.  It doesn't mean I like them because I'm planning or want to kill.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

16

Re: Firearms

Ok take a step back and look at the character;

A renegade, womaniser, gambler, drinker, smoker, drives fast, a wild card who's employment is to infiltrate enemy organisations by ANY means necessary and kill people, which he's done by electrocution, impailling, clubbing to death, strangulation, driving into/over, blowing up, burning, poisoning, dropping/throwing from a great height, stabbing and of course, shooting with a wide range of weaponry from tanks, helicopter gunships, machine guns, spearguns, sniper rifles and of course his trusty PPK.

And your worrying that a picture of a gun might warp and twist a fragile young mind?

Personally if you want to go gunning for a thread on AJB I'd suggest looking at things like Daniel Craig's personal effects or the constant flow of 'is this a bit like the tie in quantum?' threads that have extremely loose connections to the character of James Bond.

At least the various pictures of handguns that feature in bond films has a direct relation to the character and thus our forum.

I respect you mate, and understand your opinions on firearms, but on this occasion I'll have to respectfully disagree with your thoughts on this.

Maybe though as the redeeming quality of bond and the franchise is to adapt to present day socially acceptable etiquette, the next film should feature bond going ginger, opting for a sex change and changing the colour of his skin by plastic surgery, then ditching MI6 for a desk job at the UN where he/she can instead of blowing up/ torturing/ killing said bad guys, send them a letter explaining that the UN is indeed very VERY angry about the whole situation and asking them rather politely to pack it in. Otherwise they'll get another letter.

Back on the ethnic peace bicycle all you lovely lefties, and for gods sake don't read that bookywook by Mr Hazard, it'll turn you into gun toting psychopaths!

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

17

Re: Firearms

Higgins wrote:
Herr Michael wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:

I have to say I'm with Asp9mm on this...perhaps we shouldn't mention gambling, sex and alcohol as well  ajb007/insane

And breaking the traffic laws in fast cars. The Motor Vehicle Bureau will be knocking on your door and every teenager within viewing distance will be out jumping their car from mountain tops and careening around paases with no guard rails.

Oh my!!

Cars are made to transport people - firearms are made to kill!

Go figure where the hypocracy is

They are also made for defense of those would try to kill you. But I regress, you don't believe in self defense and expect the police to protect you. They should get there just in time to draw the chalk outline around your cold body.

They are also made for target shooting.

18

Re: Firearms

No good is going to come of this thread now, it's going to turn into a gun control debate.  And we know how they go.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

19

Re: Firearms

They are also made for target shooting.

And hunting, cos ya know, I need to eat every once in a while.  ajb007/tongue

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

20

Re: Firearms

That's all it was ever about. Except it's not gun control. It's people control.

21

Re: Firearms

Two young lads out my way were killed one night when they drove so fast (estimated 100mph) over a level crossing that their car bottomed out on the crossing, snagged on the rails and flipped end over end for a few hundred yards before hitting a tree and bursting into flames.

This tragedy deeply effected me as having to take a 5 mile detour home that night around the crash scene resulted in me missing half an episode of Red Dwarf.

Therefore I wish all cars, pictures of cars, reference to cars or even any word containing the word 'car' is banned from AJB with immediate effect.

James Bond driving fast is resulting in far too many young people colliding with lampposts. Plus cars kill more people in a year than guns do, so it's a more important subject than higgledypiggledybums.

ajb007/biggrin

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

22

Re: Firearms

minigeff wrote:

They are also made for target shooting.

And hunting, cos ya know, I need to eat every once in a while.  ajb007/tongue

Careful, now. We've already had fox-hunting debated here. Didn't end well! I should know!  ajb007/embarrassed  ajb007/lol

Last edited by Silhouette Man (8th Jan 2017 21:17)

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

23

Re: Firearms

We can't have that now can we? We must ban all autos for your safety. We know what's best for you.

24

Re: Firearms

Nanny says it's past all our bedtimes too!  ajb007/biggrin

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

25

Re: Firearms

Herr Michael wrote:

We can't have that now can we? We must ban all autos for your safety. We know what's best for you.

Thank you, I'll return now to my cocoon fabricated from bubble wrap and soft cotton.

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org