676

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

HowardB wrote:

I think some of the problem with the sexual aspects of the Craig films can be attributed to the times we live in. I don't think that EON want Bond to even remotely appear to be some kind of sexual predator, so things have been pretty restrained or just avoided. When you watch the Connery films today, some of the scenes where Connery seduces women are at best downright uncomfortable or at worst, assault by today's standards. Bond's seduction of Pussy Galore in GF and Molly Peters in TB might have been considered acceptable in the 60's but in today's world that would be considered monstrous behavior and completely unacceptable for a contemporary Bond.

I agree with you 100 percent regarding the Connery era, but I don’t think it has any impact on why Craig’s romance scenes are somewhat lacking. Brosnan was basically operating under the same cultural norms and he pulled it off much better. I think it’s just down to Craig. He’s always been better at the action and the brooding.

677

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

HowardB wrote:

I think some of the problem with the sexual aspects of the Craig films can be attributed to the times we live in. I don't think that EON want Bond to even remotely appear to be some kind of sexual predator, so things have been pretty restrained or just avoided. When you watch the Connery films today, some of the scenes where Connery seduces women are at best downright uncomfortable or at worst, assault by today's standards. Bond's seduction of Pussy Galore in GF and Molly Peters in TB might have been considered acceptable in the 60's but in today's world that would be considered monstrous behavior and completely unacceptable for a contemporary Bond.

Very true.which makes some of the scenes I find 'dodgy ' even more jarring.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

678

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Miles Messervy wrote:
HowardB wrote:

I think some of the problem with the sexual aspects of the Craig films can be attributed to the times we live in. I don't think that EON want Bond to even remotely appear to be some kind of sexual predator, so things have been pretty restrained or just avoided. When you watch the Connery films today, some of the scenes where Connery seduces women are at best downright uncomfortable or at worst, assault by today's standards. Bond's seduction of Pussy Galore in GF and Molly Peters in TB might have been considered acceptable in the 60's but in today's world that would be considered monstrous behavior and completely unacceptable for a contemporary Bond.

I agree with you 100 percent regarding the Connery era, but I don’t think it has any impact on why Craig’s romance scenes are somewhat lacking. Brosnan was basically operating under the same cultural norms and he pulled it off much better. I think it’s just down to Craig. He’s always been better at the action and the brooding.

Wot he said.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

679

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

We can agree on that. But I think we can show more of Bond's playboy nature if the women are jsut as active in the seduction as Bond is.

680

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Has DCs Bond been seduced yet - particularly by a villainess?

I dont think he has on either accounts really, not like the old days??

Instagram - bondclothes007

681

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

welshboy78 wrote:

Has DCs Bond been seduced yet - particularly by a villainess?

I dont think he has on either accounts really, not like the old days??

Surely Vesper was supposed to seduce Bond to get the account details? It just so happened she fell in love whilst doing it.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

682

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Yeah - I didnt really count her as it felt more a mutual thing despite her brief - in fact he seems to pursue her more then the other way around

Last edited by welshboy78 (26th Nov 2018 12:25)

Instagram - bondclothes007

683

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

welshboy78 wrote:

Yeah - I didnt really count her as it felt more a mutual thing despite her brief - in fact he seems to pursue her more then the other way around

I think your right, but funny you see it that way, I don't see bond chasing Vesper "don't worry, youre not my type"  she seems to fall for him once he's had his balls bashed in.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

684

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Number24 wrote:

We can agree on that. But I think we can show more of Bond's playboy nature if the women are jsut as active in the seduction as Bond is.

It worked really well in CR with that lovely Hotel receptionist. Tiny scene, really good interplay. Precisely the right tone .

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

685

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

zaphod99 wrote:
Number24 wrote:

We can agree on that. But I think we can show more of Bond's playboy nature if the women are jsut as active in the seduction as Bond is.

It worked really well in CR with that lovely Hotel receptionist. Tiny scene, really good interplay. Precisely the right tone .

He does it again in QoS.

686

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:
zaphod99 wrote:
Number24 wrote:

We can agree on that. But I think we can show more of Bond's playboy nature if the women are jsut as active in the seduction as Bond is.

It worked really well in CR with that lovely Hotel receptionist. Tiny scene, really good interplay. Precisely the right tone .

He does it again in QoS.

Are you talking about the scene where his AMEX card gets declined?

687

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Lest we forget, there was a move toward making Bond more "sexually appropriate" way back in "The Living Daylights." Yeah he parachutes onto that bikini woman's yacht but it happens as she's fantasizing about meeting a "real man." The rest of the film he's portrayed as monogamous with Kara. I found it boring, I have to admit.

I think it's been bold of EON that they've bucked the PC tide in recent years between Severine and Lucia Sciarra.

Last edited by Cheverian (26th Nov 2018 22:40)

688

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Earlier I didn't like James Norton as Bond. I thought i wasn't masculine and tough-looking enough. But he has aged and he plays a criminal and not a priest on TV, so now I see other qualities in him. His age, nationality, level of fame and height is near perfect. He doesn't have any acting awards and he isn't a  critics' darling, but he's probably good enough. He doesn't have a deep, commanding voice like f.ex. Aidan Turner has, but again I don't think it's a problem.



https://i.pinimg.com/736x/25/49/17/2549173cd3d68636cb893a621ec2bbc4.jpg


https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tabGLKmdDRI/WaB5Tib5oxI/AAAAAAAAB5Q/Dv1zFzyrCZUPihgkQLdlhJdDHVzHklnYgCPcBGAYYCw/s1600/IMG_20170825_210848.jpg

689

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

I would not want to be in Barbara position now. Aware that with the new Bond face the franchise will raise or fall. To be honest, any of nominees does not seem to me to be equivalent successors of DC and previous actors. Yes, they might be good actors, but That is just not there - Bond DNA. It's even funny to think of some to be Bond - Strange Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Loki Hiddleston, Henry Superman Cavill... but i understand we all have our favorite choice.  ajb007/smile

For me (but not listed) Jeremy Renner would work perfectly. Watch his action scene. Where did I see similar T-shirt...? Rachel by the side. Could this be coincidence? Is it the sign?  ajb007/lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuvqUOzPyKo

Well I know he is 47....

690

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Jeremy Renner? Seriously?
Being a good actor and fighting conviningly on film are important quailities in a Bond actor, but they are seriously the only two qualities that makes him apropriate for the role. Oh, wait … he's male too.

691

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Surely not only, but I think that's exactly what made DC such a great Bond. It is not mostly about artistic acting in DC movies, it is about the action. And for the future, Bond will certainly be an action not a hero comedy.  ajb007/smile

692

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

What other qualities than good acting and movie fighting do you think he has? He's American, he's a movie star, he's too old, he's short and I can't see any Bondian features in his face. He has screen presence, but that's part of the movie star and good actor bit.

693

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Number24 wrote:

What other qualities than good acting and movie fighting do you think he has? He's American, he's a movie star, he's too old, he's short and I can't see any Bondian features in his face. He has screen presence, but that's part of the movie star and good actor bit.

I have to agree with this. Plus, he's in so many action franchises now that it's too late for him to be in Bond. Bond isn't going to want sloppy seconds, let alone sloppy sevenths.

694

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Renner was perfectly cast in what they were trying to do with him in the Bourne franchise - he looked like the kind of middle America Army recruit who'd join a program like Treadstone or whatever they were calling it then. It just didn't click with people

695

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

I agree. He was also very good at making Tom Cruise look tall  ajb007/lol
Joking aside, he was brilliant in "The Hurt Locker". If you haven't seen it you should.

696

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

I know I've said it before, but I truly think that Aiden Turner has all of the qualities that make for an outstanding 007.  If you haven't watched "And The There Were None" do yourself a favor and check it out.  Turner is charming, cruel, physical, and suave playing the role of Philip Lombard. He does have the "it" factor to me.  He'd be the perfect age to take over the role, and while he's been in major motion pictures and stars in Poldark he's still not a household name (at least not here in The States).

https://i.postimg.cc/qRpZP2N4/83-BE44-DC-E163-4443-B6-FA-EE6-ACC5-ECF6-B.jpg

You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us

697

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

So far we don't have any obvious Bond candidates the way Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan was I guess. There is no way Bond26 gets released until 2022, and 2023-24 is far more likely. I do think we have a few candidates with good potential. Things will change in the next 4-6 years, but I think these are the best candidates I see today:

Sam Heughan

Aidan Turner

Tom Cullen

Aaron Tylor-Johnson

James Norton

Rupert Friend

Clive Standen

698

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Not a big fan of James Norton for Bond. From what I have seen, he just doesn't move very well and he carries much more weight in his lower body than his torso. He's certainly a good actor and has matured into his looks but there is just something ungainly about him.
Aiden Turner, while not being a particularly tall man, seems to check off all the boxes for Bond especially in screen presence and charisma.

699

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

HowardB wrote:

Not a big fan of James Norton for Bond. From what I have seen, he just doesn't move very well and he carries much more weight in his lower body than his torso. He's certainly a good actor and has matured into his looks but there is just something ungainly about him.
Aiden Turner, while not being a particularly tall man, seems to check off all the boxes for Bond especially in screen presence and charisma.

Turner is the literary Bond height, so I don't see his height being a problem. I don't see anyone being more perfect for the role.

700

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Cannot say it enough Tom Cullen,  my wife (not a Bond fan) says he has the early Connery vibe and we were around when Bond mania was at its height, although children I hasten to add ajb007/lol