701

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Turner would be incredible. I’ve watched him in “And then There Were None” and Poldark, and it’s very easy to picture him as Bond. There’s even a scene in one of the early seasons of Poldark that was very clearly inspired by the bridge game in Moonraker, and Turner pulls it off with aplomb.

702

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

It's kind of ironic, if not downright funny, but we have these actors we think would make a good Bond to replace DC but my guess is that none of them will end up in the role.

703

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

I'm not sure. I don't know of anyone who guessed Daniel Craig would be cast. But if internet fan forums had been a thing when Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan were cast I think their names would have come up many times. Many of the actors we discussed prior to CR were auditioned and some screentested. We have a reasonable chance to get it right.

704

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Number24 wrote:

I'm not sure. I don't know of anyone who guessed Daniel Craig would be cast. But if internet fan forums had been a thing when Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan were cast I think their names would have come up many times. Many of the actors we discussed prior to CR were auditioned and some screentested. We have a reasonable chance to get it right.

Valid point. I also think that it depends on timing. If Craig’s successor isn’t named until five or more  years from now (a sad possibility), then the landscape will have shifted and many of the names we are discussing will be off the table.

705

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Miles Messervy wrote:
Number24 wrote:

I'm not sure. I don't know of anyone who guessed Daniel Craig would be cast. But if internet fan forums had been a thing when Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan were cast I think their names would have come up many times. Many of the actors we discussed prior to CR were auditioned and some screentested. We have a reasonable chance to get it right.

Valid point. I also think that it depends on timing. If Craig’s successor isn’t named until five or more  years from now (a sad possibility), then the landscape will have shifted and many of the names we are discussing will be off the table.

Tom Cullen might still scrape in at 38. Just saying.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

706

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

I think it's likely the next Bond actor was born in the 1980's. If Bond26 is released in 2023 he will be between 33 and 43 years old, agood age for James Bond. Well, 43 requires a youthful looking actor like Sam Heughan.  1980 might be to far back and we could get a Bond actor Born in the early 90's, especially if Bond26 isn't releasded until 2024 or even 2025  ajb007/amazed

707

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Miles Messervy wrote:

Turner would be incredible. I’ve watched him in “And then There Were None” and Poldark, and it’s very easy to picture him as Bond. There’s even a scene in one of the early seasons of Poldark that was very clearly inspired by the bridge game in Moonraker, and Turner pulls it off with aplomb.

I think Turner would be fine, but he comes across as surly rather than Commanding to me. Somehow I just don't find him a strong enough prescience.

Have I mentioned Tom Cullen ? ajb007/smile

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

708

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

I think a low-fame like the Irish guy in Siege of Jadotville. 36, 6'0''

709

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Shatterfang wrote:

I think a low-fame like the Irish guy in Siege of Jadotville. 36, 6'0''

You mean the "low key" star of the Fifty Shades blockbusters ?  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

710

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

I haven't seen any of of the Shades of Grey Movies (small mercies), but I understand Jamie Dornan was a worthy Razzies winner  ajb007/lol

711

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

I didn't know that was him, but the razzie was for the best he could make of a Dorian Gray cliche from a menopausal twilight fan-fic. After seeing Siege of Janjaville, he certainly has more range than that, so if his reputation isn't tarnished by that typecast I think he can be a contender.

712

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Shatterfang wrote:

I didn't know that was him, but the razzie was for the best he could make of a Dorian Gray cliche from a menopausal twilight fan-fic. After seeing Siege of Janjaville, he certainly has more range than that, so if his reputation isn't tarnished by that typecast I think he can be a contender.

I think Dornan is doing quite fine post Fifty Shades.  He's in loads of high-profile films this year. I'm not sure if he's Bond material though.

@ddspike21

713

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Have given this a bit of thought and am pretty convinced DC ( ajb007/frown ) will return for 26!  Basically because BB loves him, how much clought he has with production etc and (hopefully)  26 coming out in 2022  to mark 60 anniversary would they take risk with  a new 007  and at 53  that's not to old ( I know people in their 50's still on active service and a couple in their 60's in the private sector on the frontline! So although would love a new 007 ( Tom Cullen cough cough) definitely think DC will be back!!

714

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

superdaddy wrote:

Have given this a bit of thought and am pretty convinced DC ( ajb007/frown ) will return for 26!  Basically because BB loves him, how much clought he has with production etc and (hopefully)  26 coming out in 2022  to mark 60 anniversary would they take risk with  a new 007  and at 53  that's not to old ( I know people in their 50's still on active service and a couple in their 60's in the private sector on the frontline! So although would love a new 007 ( Tom Cullen cough cough) definitely think DC will be back!!

I really hope that you are wrong about that  but glad to hear another voice for Tom Cullen.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

715

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Hope I'm wrong to ajb007/crap  Cullen could still get the role in 7 years though, only be 40 , Rog, Tim and Pierce were all in their 40's when they got the role, so fingers crossed ajb007/martini

716

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Surely EON will want a new 007 in situ for the 50th Anniversary of Dr No.  Like others have said though two years between Bond films doesn't exist anymore.  At the rate they are going and even with a fair wind behind me realistically I hope to see Bond 25, Bond 26, and maybe Bond 27, but that might be a push.  If it's five years between Bond 25 and Bond 26 (6 years from now) the landscape for potential actors to play the part will have shifted considerably, probably looking at actors aged late 20's now.  Not sure who fits that bracket.

FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, GF, SF, TLD,  LTK, TND,  FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK.

"Do you expect me to talk?  "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"

717

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

UnderwaterBattle007 wrote:

Surely EON will want a new 007 in situ for the 50th Anniversary of Dr No.  Like others have said though two years between Bond films doesn't exist anymore.  At the rate they are going and with a fair wind behind I hope to see Bond 25, Bond 26, and maybe Bond 27, but that might be a push.  If it's five years between Bond 25 and Bond 26 (6 years from now) the landscape for potential actors to play the part will have shifted considerably, probably looking at actors aged late 20's now.  Not sure who fits that bracket.

Craig was in place for the 50th anniversary of Dr. No.

I think they could still get a Bond film in for the 60th anniversary since if they do their typical autumn release it will have been over 2 years from Bond 25 (close to 3 years, and they have shown they can do three years). If the money is there, they can do Bond 26 almost 3 years after Bond 25 and still have it in 2022.

718

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Matt S wrote:
UnderwaterBattle007 wrote:

Surely EON will want a new 007 in situ for the 50th Anniversary of Dr No.  Like others have said though two years between Bond films doesn't exist anymore.  At the rate they are going and with a fair wind behind I hope to see Bond 25, Bond 26, and maybe Bond 27, but that might be a push.  If it's five years between Bond 25 and Bond 26 (6 years from now) the landscape for potential actors to play the part will have shifted considerably, probably looking at actors aged late 20's now.  Not sure who fits that bracket.

Craig was in place for the 50th anniversary of Dr. No.

I think they could still get a Bond film in for the 60th anniversary since if they do their typical autumn release it will have been over 2 years from Bond 25 (close to 3 years, and they have shown they can do three years). If the money is there, they can do Bond 26 almost 3 years after Bond 25 and still have it in 2022.

It's been a long holiday period over Christmas and New Year and maths was never my strongest suit......lol :-)  I meant the 6oth Anniversary.

FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, GF, SF, TLD,  LTK, TND,  FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK.

"Do you expect me to talk?  "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"

719

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

The next James Bond is... this fellow.


https://i.postimg.cc/hzTL3NkG/unnamed.jpg

Having seen the opening of Antman, where Michael Douglas is made to look 20 or 30 years younger thanks to CGI, and having heard about the upcoming Scorcese film where the same trick is used on DeNiro et al, I can remind members that between QoS and Skyfall there are clearly a number of missing Craig adventures.

Therefore, far from his last Bond film, Craig should be roped in for two more after that, to fill us in on what we missed - and rejuvinated as such.
His funds should be drained from his bank accounts to make him more biddable. Then he can take a paycut, because that CGI doesn't come cheap.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

720

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Napoleon Plural wrote:

The next James Bond is... this fellow.


https://i.postimg.cc/hzTL3NkG/unnamed.jpg

Having seen the opening of Antman, where Michael Douglas is made to look 20 or 30 years younger thanks to CGI, and having heard about the upcoming Scorcese film where the same trick is used on DeNiro et al, I can remind members that between QoS and Skyfall there are clearly a number of missing Craig adventures.

Therefore, far from his last Bond film, Craig should be roped in for two more after that, to fill us in on what we missed - and rejuvinated as such.
His funds should be drained from his bank accounts to make him more biddable. Then he can take a paycut, because that CGI doesn't come cheap.

All joking aside, Craig could easily decide to make another after Bond 25. Roger made his “last” Bond film several times.

721

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Miles Messervy wrote:
Napoleon Plural wrote:

The next James Bond is... this fellow.


https://i.postimg.cc/hzTL3NkG/unnamed.jpg

Having seen the opening of Antman, where Michael Douglas is made to look 20 or 30 years younger thanks to CGI, and having heard about the upcoming Scorcese film where the same trick is used on DeNiro et al, I can remind members that between QoS and Skyfall there are clearly a number of missing Craig adventures.

Therefore, far from his last Bond film, Craig should be roped in for two more after that, to fill us in on what we missed - and rejuvinated as such.
His funds should be drained from his bank accounts to make him more biddable. Then he can take a paycut, because that CGI doesn't come cheap.

All joking aside, Craig could easily decide to make another after Bond 25. Roger made his “last” Bond film several times.

You're scaring me now.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

722

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

This is Tom Brittney. He's an English actor, 28 years old (making him about 33 when we need a new 007) and 6' 2'' tall.
He's done some TV work, most notably taking over as the new lead of Granchester after James Norton. He was also in EON's "Film stars don't die in Liverpool", so he's probably met Barbara Broccoli. My first impression of him is that there is nothing wrong with him as a candidate to play Bond, but I'm not convinced Brittney has that extra something.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5938631/

Tom Brittney's showreel: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5938631/


https://media.immediate.co.uk/volatile/sites/3/2018/06/860276470-d1d3579.jpg


http://www.themortonreport.com/2015/07/18/Britteny1.jpg

Last edited by Number24 (15th Jan 2019 00:50)

723

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Lots of young handsome tall actors out there who might look the part...but the real test is do they have the charisma and screen presence to be Bond. Easy to look like Bond, hard to "be" Bond.

724

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

HowardB wrote:

Lots of young handsome tall actors out there who might look the part...but the real test is do they have the charisma and screen presence to be Bond. Easy to look like Bond, hard to "be" Bond.

Daniel Craig has no screen presence, no charisma and doesn't have the classic Bond look, and yet he still got the role.

725

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Matt S wrote:
HowardB wrote:

Lots of young handsome tall actors out there who might look the part...but the real test is do they have the charisma and screen presence to be Bond. Easy to look like Bond, hard to "be" Bond.

Daniel Craig has no screen presence, no charisma and doesn't have the classic Bond look, and yet he still got the role.

What is undeniable is the critical and commercial success of the Craig era. I'm not by any means a fan-boy but he must have something.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.