Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

HowardB wrote:

I'm thinking more like 4'10 or 4'11" for DC. They do a great job hiding his big, hairy feet too. ajb007/lol

Hmm...
https://s14.postimg.cc/uxjxjo87x/AA_OLD_MAN_2.jpghttps://s16.postimg.cc/9weefom8x/AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg

HowardB wrote:
zaphod99 wrote:
DEFIANT 74205 wrote:

Connery, Lazenby, and Dalton are 6'2.5", and Moore and Brosnan are 6'1".

I don't think anyone truly believes that Daniel is 5ft 10 really. Actors bios tend towards the 'optimistic'. I think that it's likely that Daniel is also 5ft 9 barefoot.i don't think that height itself would count against him. He would not be my first choice as I think that a return towards the Archetype is in order. However like Craig he has some great qualities and would be a continuation of the current interpretation. His role in Inception could be viewed as a Bond tryout and I thought he was great in it.

I'm thinking more like 4'10 or 4'11" for DC. They do a great job hiding his big, hairy feet too. ajb007/lol

Trying to work out if your comment is a swipe at DC, or me, or both (I see Venn diagrams)   ajb007/wink

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Bond_James_Bond wrote:

Orlando Bloom: "I would love to be Bond."

I guess that could work, although he's now 40 years old - I guess he can do two to three films.

Not sure if EON can afford him, though  ajb007/lol

"Watch the birdie, you bastard!"

Favourite Bond films list

Joanna Lumley and I agree on Idris Elba - he's a fine actor and movie star, but he simply doesn't fit the description of the character in the books (and he's too old too)

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/m … nd-casting

Number24 wrote:

Joanna Lumley and I agree on Idris Elba - he's a fine actor and movie star, but he simply doesn't fit the description of the character in the books (and he's too old too)

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/m … nd-casting

Exactly. James Bond is clean-shaven!

Oh not Elba again! Its irrelivent, he doesn't want the part!!

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

Thunderbird 2 wrote:

Elba will go down in history as Daniel Craig's replacement, with Craig's actual replacement as Bond number 8. People have been asking me for a few years now when Elba's Bond film is coming out.

Aidan Turner

I think Elba said it best when he acknowledged that whatever marginal chance he might have had of becoming Bond was destroyed by the media's wild speculation about him becoming Bond. I doubt anyone ever seriously considered him, but he's right that the whole thing burned itself out.

And to Matt's point, people ask me all the time if I'm excited about Elba as Bond.  ajb007/lol

Miles Messervy wrote:

And to Matt's point, people ask me all the time if I'm excited about Elba as Bond.  ajb007/lol

I've been getting this for about 4 years! I'm tired of it!

I'm guessing that EON will entice Craig back for a swansong, which means that by the time EON starts seriously looking for a new Bond Elba will be too old anyway.

Tom Hardy has been cast as Eddie Brock in Venom (2018) so, with filming, and the obvious promotion that Sony will want (need) Hardy to do for this film, this could potentially rule him out of Bond.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270797/

Drawn Out Dad.
Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
twitter.com/DrawnOutDad

I'm part of the Tom Hardy club. I think he'd be perfect for the role
https://s1.postimg.cc/fr1m87c8b/d3d076b198fc1b78dac0c48cf343b92c.jpg

Matt S wrote:
Thunderbird 2 wrote:

Elba will go down in history as Daniel Craig's replacement, with Craig's actual replacement as Bond number 8. People have been asking me for a few years now when Elba's Bond film is coming out.

I'd bet if you told them Elba's Bond film already came out last year, it was called  "007 In New York", it was a huge success and he's signed for the next 5 films, they'd be gullible enough to believe it.

I'm watching the new season of Polare,  and I'm reminded of what a melodic and dark voice Aidan Turner has. I have seen a couple of interviews of Charlie Hunnan and I seem to remember his natural speaking voice is..... less masculine. What do you think?

He gets me and my sons vote we both liked what he did in the Agatha Christie drama http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar … elley.html

I think "And then there were none" was Turner's "audition"  for Bond,  just as "Layer Cake"  was Craig's.

Number24 wrote:

I think "And then there were none" was Turner's "audition"  for Bond,  just as "Layer Cake"  was Craig's.

He failed it then...

YNWA: Justice For The 96

A spectre of my mortal soul

Sir Miles wrote:
Number24 wrote:

He failed it then...

If Turner failed it, does that mean Hiddleston passed? ajb007/shifty  ajb007/martini

I think a good voice is one of many qualities a Bond actor should have.  I think all the Bond actors have/had good voice,  but the least good is Brosnan. I think his voice can at times sound too nasal.

HowardB wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:
Number24 wrote:

He failed it then...

If Turner failed it, does that mean Hiddleston passed? ajb007/shifty  ajb007/martini

In more ways than one...

YNWA: Justice For The 96

A spectre of my mortal soul

I would be fine with Hiddleston if Craig has moved on. Of all the rumored candidates he was my favorite by a slight margin over Turner.
I can see EON preferring to go with someone who already has a good bit of notoriety rather than a complete unknown to follow a hugely successful and popular Bond like Craig. The combination of Hiddleston's recognition as part of the hugely successful Marvel film's, The Night Manager Series, and the very popular Kong film along with his more "Classic" cinematic Bond appearance could give him instant credibility with the general public.

HowardB wrote:

I would be fine with Hiddleston if Craig has moved on. Of all the rumored candidates he was my favorite by a slight margin over Turner.
I can see EON preferring to go with someone who already has a good bit of notoriety rather than a complete unknown to follow a hugely successful and popular Bond like Craig. The combination of Hiddleston's recognition as part of the hugely successful Marvel film's, The Night Manager Series, and the very popular Kong film along with his more "Classic" cinematic Bond appearance could give him instant credibility with the general public.

He's also a pretty good actor who has the chops to take it in a lot of different directions.

Number24 wrote:

I'm reminded of what a melodic and dark voice Aidan Turner has.

Apart from his hair, there's a bit of a Timothy Dalton look about him, too - and I like that.

"Watch the birdie, you bastard!"

Favourite Bond films list

While I think aidan Turner is one of the better candidates, he isn't the most masculine of them. Perhaps it's the jaw?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/608222886109802496/PwxJHtMO.png