Re: Poll: Who would you screentest for Bond? (multiple answers)

Has EON tested actor's since 05?

"Bond, James Bond"

Good question. Does anyone know (or are there any credible rumours?)

well if its true they were paying Hiddleston to be Bond-in-waiting, they surely had him do an audition
it'd be silly to pay somebody for years and then only ask him to read a few lines at the last possible minute when they had no other choice
(almost as silly as writing the script after they'd started filming)

Jamie Bell of Billy Elliot fame, maybe.

I have no serious opinion about his acting abilities, but he did play Tintin, which I allege is relevant experience

Matt S wrote:
Bmorelli11 wrote:

I think Aiden Turner would be perfect.  He's excellent in And Then There Were None, I could really see him as 007.

He's my top choice. He's also very Bond-like in Poldark as well in his demeanour. He's got qualities of early Connery, Dalton and Brosnan.

Turner is my top choice too. He has these wolfish eyes like Dalton had, but he looks better overall.

Tom Cullen is a good choice too, from what I have seen from pictures only.

I also liked Matthew Goode a while, but he might be too old by the time a new Bond is chosen. Is now 39.

After the muscular, rough Craig, I would like to go back to the stylish, sophisticated James Bond again. So not necessarily a muscle man, but more on charm, intelligence and sophistication. Hence these 3 as my top choices.

OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

1. Connery 2. Craig 3. Brosnan 4. Dalton 5. Lazenby 6. Moore

I'd like to retain the tough edge, but tempered with a veneer of sophistication. Guess I'm hoping for a contemporary Connery  type if that's possible . Certainly less of a muscle Mary than we have now. ajb007/wink

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Mr_Osato wrote:
Matt S wrote:
Bmorelli11 wrote:

I think Aiden Turner would be perfect.  He's excellent in And Then There Were None, I could really see him as 007.

He's my top choice. He's also very Bond-like in Poldark as well in his demeanour. He's got qualities of early Connery, Dalton and Brosnan.

Turner is my top choice too. He has these wolfish eyes like Dalton had, but he looks better overall.

Tom Cullen is a good choice too, from what I have seen from pictures only.

I also liked Matthew Goode a while, but he might be too old by the time a new Bond is chosen. Is now 39.

After the muscular, rough Craig, I would like to go back to the stylish, sophisticated James Bond again. So not necessarily a muscle man, but more on charm, intelligence and sophistication. Hence these 3 as my top choices.

Goode is too old and last year he ruled himself out of the running.

"Bond, James Bond"

Number24 wrote:

Good question. Does anyone know (or are there any credible rumours?)

No but i think they have.

"Bond, James Bond"

Nicholas Hoult above anyone.

"You're in the wrong business... leave it to the professionals!"
James Bond- Licence To Kill

From that list I vote for Sam Heughan. I'd prefer someone not well known.

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment … interview#
https://i.postimg.cc/JHnvYDBF/tmg-facebook_social.jpg

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

How about Andrew Lincoln?
https://i.postimg.cc/d7TgW1sq/Andrew-Lincoln.jpg

"I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)

Give the chance to someone totally new who can make their name by it.  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

Until we know the timeline and context (re-re reboot or cary on as is) it's really hard to speculate. When a decision is made given the length of time between films, it might be sensible to adopt a different approach. Rather than find an actor who can plausibly be Bond for well over 10 years (which has a major Impact upon how young they need to be at the outset)

An Actor with a  one or two film lifespan would mean we would not be saddled with a child, or perpetual re-boots,but a Bond in his prime, or towards the end of his career opens up the narrative options.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.