51

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

higgins i hope you still understand why i must speak up for peoples to have a voice or to not to be dictated.

52

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Joshua wrote:

This may be so but i read the words again and I am now sure they were meant for me not higgins in the last part.

Sure or not - none of my post was intended for you at all...I'm perplexed as to why you think it would be..?..  ajb007/martini

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

53

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

danjaq_0ff wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:
danjaq_0ff wrote:

Back on topic, what about thinning out the stickies and putting a for sale sticky just like the eBay sticky ?

I like that idea - but I think it could end up quite messy, with people posting updates across other people's sales...what do other sites do ?

I don't go on other sites  ajb007/cool

Neither do I...that's why I asked...  ajb007/biggrin

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

54

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Asp9mm wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:
danjaq_0ff wrote:

Back on topic, what about thinning out the stickies and putting a for sale sticky just like the eBay sticky ?

I like that idea - but I think it could end up quite messy, with people posting updates across other people's sales...what do other sites do ?

Too many stickies already.

I agree 100%....but I'm loathe to remove them  ajb007/crap

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

55

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Asp9mm wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:
Higgins wrote:

Sir Miles team lost against the last one in the league yesterday - so we leave him the illusion for being able to insult me ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

Really ? You had to bring that up ?  ajb007/crap

Stoopid Germans picking the wrong players  ajb007/frown

ajb007/tongue

Puts us plenty clear at the TOP of the league  ajb007/tongue

Until we spank your arse again a week on Tuesday  ajb007/tongue

Strange how your best player can't wait to leave...teams with no history struggle to hold onto good players  ajb007/shifty  ajb007/lol

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

56

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Joshua wrote:

Ok higgins, i accept your word that this is so.

Believe me, it is so.

Now coming back to the topic:

My initial remark was, if For Sales Ads are becoming excessive.

You may rightly say "you don't like it - don't read it!" and I partly agree.
BUT: Meanwhile around 50% of the topics in the mem&coll forum are For Sales ads and it's becoming more and more annoying (to me) and difficult to find the non Sale Ads between all that!
Additionally some ads are not even marked as such and you have to read the topic to find this out.
So starting this topic was legitime

Hardyboy asked then about possible ways to deal with it and I gave my OPINION that we should not allow Sales Ads at all.
Thus, I was expressing my OPINION which should also be possible under free speech.

Labeling this opinion in the context of dictatorship is a bit over the top in my opinion.

AJB is a discussion Forum and not a Sales Forum. If Sico wanted this, he could make a lot of money by charging people with sales ads here. People post them to save money - which at the end is using the forum here for free instead of paying ebay fees. Some people never post here at all besides selling their stuff here. They are abusing the community and I don't like this!

There are certain rules here what you can do and what not. If you condemn every rule as dictatorship or against the free will of people, you'd have a hard time. For example it is not allowed to personally insult other members here. It can get you banned.

Would you say, that these insults are also free speech and not allowing those is dictatorship or cutting people's opinions?

Like I say, we have here rules what you can do and what you can't and my post was to voice my discomfort about the number of Sales Ads and to possibly change the rules then.

Nothing more or less.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

57

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Joshua wrote:

higgins i hope you still understand why i must speak up for peoples to have a voice or to not to be dictated.

I totally understand you - believe me, my friend!  ajb007/cheers

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

58

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Joshua wrote:
Barbel wrote:
Joshua wrote:

This may be so

It is so. Period.

I no what it is exactly. I do not need you to try to make an explanation or an excus, thankyou.

Unless you're contradicting your earlier post, no you don't know what it is and yes you do need explanations.
Perhaps you might be able to find a site or forum dedicated to arguing for the sake of arguing rather than a James Bond one, since that has been your main activity since registering here with very little Bond content coming from you.

59

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Higgins wrote:
Joshua wrote:

Ok higgins, i accept your word that this is so.

Believe me, it is so.

Now coming back to the topic:

My initial remark was, if For Sales Ads are becoming excessive.

You may rightly say "you don't like it - don't read it!" and I partly agree.
BUT: Meanwhile around 50% of the topics in the mem&coll forum are For Sales ads and it's becoming more and more annoying (to me) and difficult to find the non Sale Ads between all that!
Additionally some ads are not even marked as such and you have to read the topic to find this out.
So starting this topic was legitime

Hardyboy asked then about possible ways to deal with it and I gave my OPINION that we should not allow Sales Ads at all.
Thus, I was expressing my OPINION which should also be possible under free speech.

Labeling this opinion in the context of dictatorship is a bit over the top in my opinion.

AJB is a discussion Forum and not a Sales Forum. If Sico wanted this, he could make a lot of money by charging people with sales ads here. People post them to save money - which at the end is using the forum here for free instead of paying ebay fees. Some people never post here at all besides selling their stuff here. They are abusing the community and I don't like this!

There are certain rules here what you can do and what not. If you condemn every rule as dictatorship or against the free will of people, you'd have a hard time. For example it is not allowed to personally insult other members here. It can get you banned.

Would you say, that these insults are also free speech and not allowing those is dictatorship or cutting people's opinions?

Like I say, we have here rules what you can do and what you can't and my post was to voice my discomfort about the number of Sales Ads and to possibly change the rules then.

Nothing more or less.

I see this higgins and thankyou for expaning this to me. I said i did not mean say to you your were dictating but I already said this and made clear in another post. I did not see any suggestions were this was only your post in the first of this thread but not by hardyboy. thankyou again

60

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Barbel wrote:
Joshua wrote:
Barbel wrote:

It is so. Period.

I no what it is exactly. I do not need you to try to make an explanation or an excus, thankyou.

Unless you're contradicting your earlier post, no you don't know what it is and yes you do need explanations.
Perhaps you might be able to find a site or forum dedicated to arguing for the sake of arguing rather than a James Bond one, since that has been your main activity since registering here with very little Bond content coming from you.

Sir you may wish to ban me from the ajb forum if you do not like my being a member here. I answer you that do not post in the other forums because i am shamed to by by poor english writing, i have tried this a severel times but i have deleted my posts before posting because they are not good enouh to be in the discusion. I read much here and did before I joined, perhaps i should be punished also for this?

Again please ban me if you wish me not to be in the ajb forum. Thankyou.

61

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Sir Miles wrote:
Joshua wrote:

This may be so but i read the words again and I am now sure they were meant for me not higgins in the last part.

Sure or not - none of my post was intended for you at all...I'm perplexed as to why you think it would be..?..  ajb007/martini

I took higgins word that this was not so and i also acept your own word. I also say sory to you if i caused upset to you because i thouht this.

Again please ban me from the forum if you think it fitting. I will have no matters of issues with that.

62

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

...more empty, circular arguing for the sake of it. Pointless words.

Alright, I'm not going to play that game any more. Don't concern yourself with poor English in the threads on James Bond films, books, etc- you know, the reason this place exists. Just post away to your heart's content, we'll support your English skills. Stop stirring up or getting involved in arguments.

And if Sir Miles or I wish to ban you, we don't need your permission.

63

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Higgins wrote:
Joshua wrote:

Ok higgins, i accept your word that this is so.

Believe me, it is so.

Now coming back to the topic:

My initial remark was, if For Sales Ads are becoming excessive.

You may rightly say "you don't like it - don't read it!" and I partly agree.
BUT: Meanwhile around 50% of the topics in the mem&coll forum are For Sales ads and it's becoming more and more annoying (to me) and difficult to find the non Sale Ads between all that!
Additionally some ads are not even marked as such and you have to read the topic to find this out.
So starting this topic was legitime

Hardyboy asked then about possible ways to deal with it and I gave my OPINION that we should not allow Sales Ads at all.
Thus, I was expressing my OPINION which should also be possible under free speech.

Labeling this opinion in the context of dictatorship is a bit over the top in my opinion.

AJB is a discussion Forum and not a Sales Forum. If Sico wanted this, he could make a lot of money by charging people with sales ads here. People post them to save money - which at the end is using the forum here for free instead of paying ebay fees. Some people never post here at all besides selling their stuff here. They are abusing the community and I don't like this!

There are certain rules here what you can do and what not. If you condemn every rule as dictatorship or against the free will of people, you'd have a hard time. For example it is not allowed to personally insult other members here. It can get you banned.

Would you say, that these insults are also free speech and not allowing those is dictatorship or cutting people's opinions?

Like I say, we have here rules what you can do and what you can't and my post was to voice my discomfort about the number of Sales Ads and to possibly change the rules then.

Nothing more or less.

Did you ever manage to sell that Omega SM300 Co ax le you advertised on behalf of a friend?   ajb007/shifty

It was either that.....or the priesthood

64

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Did you realize, that above  was about people who come here only for selling?
I think, that my personal post/sales ad ratio is pretty good?

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

65

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

ajb007/biggrin of course I did Higgins.
And your for sale threads fit in with my personal stance on the subject which is that I think banning or stopping for sale threads is the thin end of the wedge,  as you say this is a forum for discussion  on bond related subjects so if we want the mods to filter out and stop sales threads because one or two members dont like then then we should also be prepared to back the mods to do the same with any thread not strictly about bond discussion, at the behest of a members request,  this could lead to political threads stopping,  random chat,  off topic,  films,  TV,  book,  football, music  etc etc and in the event of subjects about bond drying up the forum would become quiet and possibly lose members. I'm pretty confident the mods are unpaid for their work here which in my opinion they do well,  and they are busy enough without extra duties.  If any member is upset about repeated sales threads or any other for that matter or members who are deamed to be abusing the forum there is already the report function that would allow sir miles to look at the posters history and deal with them accordingly. 
Seeing as sales threads remain popular and get views means they are popular amongst many members... Otherwise they just slip away.  Of course bumping your own thread will keep it visible but again report that if you feel the need. I trust the mods here,  unscrupulous sellers are quickly rooted out and dealt with.
Personally I would not sell on here anything I didn't buy from here. Unless I wanted to sell something of particular interest to this forums members and wanted to give someone here first refusal. I would never sell something like a watch unless it was new as I wouldn't want to upset a member if that watch developed a fault quickly after the sale.  I use appropriate sites for such things.
Before I get pulled up about the pin badges that was a project I did for the forum members after being asked about my avatar by numerous members, so far I have lost money on these( as I havnt sold them all)  and put in my time and effort.

Last edited by Chriscoop (22nd Jan 2017 14:47)

It was either that.....or the priesthood

66

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Barbel wrote:

...more empty, circular arguing for the sake of it. Pointless words.

Alright, I'm not going to play that game any more. Don't concern yourself with poor English in the threads on James Bond films, books, etc- you know, the reason this place exists. Just post away to your heart's content, we'll support your English skills. Stop stirring up or getting involved in arguments.

And if Sir Miles or I wish to ban you, we don't need your permission.

I have just read a message from my friend higgins. I like higgins and i will not to say what he says in the message but respect hie words and I cannot honesly see were i am arguing with peoples and not fight with higgins. he nows why i speak these words about dictators but no body else does at the ajb no so i must remember this thing in the talks because you do not no my history and it is noting for the ajb anyway. I am puting my opinion to peoples about freedoms that is all is how i see it. I see now my post 'are poitnless words' as regards all and i am not liked by you. if this is best i shall not post further any were on the ajb as it is not then to be said that i am arguing for to argue with peoples here. i will just read on the ajb like a visitor most times that way no offence to what i say can be seen by any members of the ajb when i intend no ofense but only to speak my opinion and that is not liked. thankyou

67

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Joshua wrote:

I like higgins...

ajb007/amazed

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

68

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Asp9mm wrote:
Joshua wrote:

I like higgins...

ajb007/amazed

Calm down asp 9mm pour a large scotch and breathe into a paper bag  ajb007/wink

It was either that.....or the priesthood

69

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Joshua wrote:
Barbel wrote:

...more empty, circular arguing for the sake of it. Pointless words.

Alright, I'm not going to play that game any more. Don't concern yourself with poor English in the threads on James Bond films, books, etc- you know, the reason this place exists. Just post away to your heart's content, we'll support your English skills. Stop stirring up or getting involved in arguments.

And if Sir Miles or I wish to ban you, we don't need your permission.

Blah blah

Will you please stop arguing about arguing? Talk about something else, something Bond-related would be ideal.

70

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Asp9mm wrote:
Joshua wrote:

I like higgins...

ajb007/amazed

The jealousy!  ajb007/shifty

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

71

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Higgins wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:
Joshua wrote:

I like higgins...

ajb007/amazed

The jealousy!  ajb007/shifty

The naivety  ajb007/lol   How these new members are so easily fooled.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

72

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

73

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Asp9mm wrote:

The naivety  ajb007/lol   How these new members are so easily fooled.

Belief me when i say i am not fooled. higgins paid me much monies to say these things.

74

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

If he said I'll give you some "greens" he didn't mean money
https://s23.postimg.cc/5aam0ycp3/20170122_165750.jpg

Last edited by Chriscoop (22nd Jan 2017 16:58)

It was either that.....or the priesthood

75

Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Joshua wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:

The naivety  ajb007/lol   How these new members are so easily fooled.

Belief me when i say i am not fooled. higgins paid me much monies to say these things.

ajb007/cheers   ajb007/lol