Re: For Sale ads becoming excessive

Joshua wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:

The naivety  ajb007/lol   How these new members are so easily fooled.

Belief me when i say i am not fooled. higgins paid me much monies to say these things.

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol   Of course.  There had to be a rational explanation  ajb007/cheers

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Joshua wrote:

Belief me when i say i am not fooled. higgins paid me much monies to say these things.

Wow, you've learned that quick  ajb007/crap

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

https://s24.postimg.cc/qw3fj27g1/20170122_174652.jpg

https://s24.postimg.cc/yipogl24h/20170103_103348.jpg

It was either that.....or the priesthood

TRhat's how the "For Sale"... sorry, "Mem & Coll" thread looks today.

8 out of 12 FS or WTB ads!

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170131/x9pclg2f.png

FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

AJB for sale to the highest bidder!

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

So it's suggested that no one with less than 50 posts should not be allowed to sell items here on AJB,  I think this idea warrants sensible  discussion. IMHO someone could rattle up 50 posts quite quickly and still be an underhand seller, but a lot will be put off by having to do so.
I do completely agree that sales threads are becoming excessive but members do get some great chances to purchase rare items or items at a great deal purely due to being  in the AJB fraternity. I'd suggest a dedicated sales thread for posting your items,  it would mean only one place to mod and I have plenty of faith in the members to root out bad sellers,  as this seems to happen anyway ( recently a jaguar model and who can forget the dad sweater or dubious 108 sunglasses).  I've bought from some great members and would want the opportunity to continue doing so.  Anyway that's my 2 cents worth.

Last edited by Chriscoop (7th May 2017 11:30)

It would be good if we could get various points of view in this thread, discussing the above (or indeed, any relevant other) proposition.

Good idea Chriscoop.  ajb007/martini

A dedicated thread - a non-eBay thread where all for sale ads go into one melting pot - sounds like a sensible idea. Or perhaps one for clothes, one for everything else.

That way we can keep it sensible without insisting on no fewer than fifty posts, for example. Someone new might come up with a cracking, bona fide item and might be put off - would be a shame for AJB  collectors to miss out should that happen. But caveat emptor. - up to the buyer to do their own Due Diligence.

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Against one dedicated for sales thread speaks, that single offers will get lost once another new offer will be posted. I see countless "bump" postings to bring own offers back to attention.

Have we discussed, if we can get Asp9mm banned?

Charmed & Dangerous wrote:

Good idea Chriscoop.  ajb007/martini

A dedicated thread - a non-eBay thread where all for sale ads go into one melting pot - sounds like a sensible idea. Or perhaps one for clothes, one for everything else.

That way we can keep it sensible without insisting on no fewer than fifty posts, for example. Someone new might come up with a cracking, bona fide item and might be put off - would be a shame for AJB  collectors to miss out should that happen. But caveat emptor. - up to the buyer to do their own Due Diligence.

I second the idea of a Sale/Trade category but, for very much the reasons cited above, wouldn't want it restricted to those with a certain post count; yes, I would agree that there are too many one-time posters slogging crap but I think those are outweighed by the "I've just inherited item X and wanting to know if there any interest" sorts of things which come through.

As for the "bumping" issue, I say there's a policy of none or only once per week. People here are generally sensible and hopefully comply; if not, delete the thread and ban the "seller." I personally don't see AJB as something like The RPF where you're going to get huge numbers of sellers constantly bumping threads.

And nothing to say any of this is permanent: Doesn't work out? Remove the category.

Higgins wrote:

Against one dedicated for sales thread speaks, that single offers will get lost once another new offer will be posted. I see countless "bump" postings to bring own offers back to attention.

I disagree with respect, serious collectors will always be careful to trawl through the thread looking for items of interest, so it's unlikely they would get lost, and the 'new posts' button helps too.

Charmed & Dangerous wrote:
Higgins wrote:

I disagree with respect, serious collectors will always be careful to trawl through the thread looking for items of interest, so it's unlikely they would get lost, and the 'new posts' button helps too.

Personal messages.  Most people here simply advertise what they want to sell then invite pm's. The longest conversationa happen on sales threads when there is something amiss,  which is what we are trying to combat.I agree there should be a separate one for clothes.

It'd be hard for the mods to keep track of everything, whatever is decided. We would need to rely on reports.

I do like the idea of a sales/trade section...but not just a single thread...I might have categories like: Screen Used Items...Replica Props...Toys....SA Wardrobe...Frugal Alternatives...Trade for items....Collection sell offs....etc....
I don't like the count limit...so many great items have been purchased from people that just found out about us.   Have you seen what the prop replica forum does with their sale trade thread?  Quite organized and siloed to one area.

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

The Mantis wrote:

I do like the idea of a sales/trade section...but not just a single thread...I might have categories like: Screen Used Items...Replica Props...Toys....SA Wardrobe...Frugal Alternatives...Trade for items....Collection sell offs....etc....
I don't like the count limit...so many great items have been purchased from people that just found out about us.   Have you seen what the prop replica forum does with their sale trade thread?  Quite organized and siloed to one area.

I agree with David. I suggest a maximum of one bump (in total) only, with updated information to be included in the sales thread - poster's discretion as to when they decide to bump their thread...

Higgins wrote:

Have we discussed, if we can get Asp9mm banned?

Not likely.  Moron.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Barbel wrote:

It'd be hard for the mods to keep track of everything, whatever is decided. We would need to rely on reports.

I think that is a given Barbel,  like I said I have faith in the members here to deal with and report offending posts and members. We have some diligent and very conscientious members and enough experts to make sure no-one gets taken advantage of.

The Mantis wrote:

I think this is the best way to go.  Then people can avoid all sales threads completely if they wish and avoid clothes if only interested in props etc.  Makes total sense

On another note - far too many stickies now, I think one section was half stickies on the first page.

Instagram - bondclothes007

This isn't the first time the large number of stickies has been mentioned. Do we need all of them?

It could certainly do with thinning out. Topics like "My Skyfall plaque" haven't been touched in four years... they must be feeling lonely, and it's the compassionate thing to do.  ajb007/amazed

Could you give me a link to that one please, C&D? I can't see it in the stickies.

It seems that the stickies have become thickies. I'll get my coat. ajb007/biggrin

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Barbel wrote:

Could you give me a link to that one please, C&D? I can't see it in the stickies.

''Tis here: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/40781/my-skyfall-plaque/

ajb007/confused   That's not a sticky, though.