WTB Patterson thread

nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
Hello Gentlemen,

After seeing the DC thread and the jacket he was wearing I want it. I heard that the sizing runs small so I believe a L would do the trick.

I don't really care about color. Please let me know if you have one and would be interested in selling it.

Best,
Stefan

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    While I understand that it might not be seen by as many people this way, it seems like it would probably be best to put a WTB request for solely a DC related item, an item that has no relevance with Bond apart from the actor, in the DC personal items thread, instead of starting a whole new thread. I wish you all the best with finding the Patterson though, it's a great jacket -{
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    nafets47 wrote:
    Hello Gentlemen,

After seeing the DC thread and the jacket he was wearing I want it. I heard that the sizing runs small so I believe a L would do the trick.

I don't really care about color. Please let me know if you have one and would be interested in selling it.

Best,
    Stefan

You and me both Stefan, but I want black, so I've more chance of finding a yeti eating unicorn risotto in my local Italian restaurant.
    Good luck with it
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Last size Large in black sold for big big money, I think about £1800. Saw a brown one a while about for about £1000 but that's sold.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Think I need a XXXL lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Think I need a XXXL lol
    Me too :#
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Makes me feel like I should have hung on to this ...

BlackPatterson_98_zps56fed6a4.jpg
    Indeed

What size was that CRB?
    In my time I've had S, L and XL in the black in my hands. Kept none of them but kept my (even rarer) black brown in XL

Others_0127.jpg
    CRB wrote:
    In my time I've had S, L and XL in the black in my hands. Kept none of them but kept my (even rarer) black brown in XL

Others_0127.jpg

CRB your the reason I have my Large, which I have not yet worn :) still even has tags.
    I lose track over the time, so many jackets

The one in that photo is actually the XL
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    edited March 2017
    I think it's a prerequisite as a member of FilmJackets that you must sell 99% of your collection. I know I've only kept a few jackets of all the ones I've purchased. ;) -{
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    On ebay a bit ago I saw one sell for around $300. I also saw a site that was selling them, however it looks a bit too sketchy.

If you look at my collection thread and want something in exchange please let me know and I might deal.

Best,
    Stefan
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    What are your guys thoughts if we pitched this idea to Indy Magnoli to have him create a replica?

I would def be in on that... The Patterson is so hard to find these days, I have been looking for ages.... Also, most of Belstaff's designs now a days are too biker'ish.... I have the K- Racer and it feels like that was probably the best jacket they made since the patterson.
    nafets47 wrote:
    On ebay a bit ago I saw one sell for around $300. I also saw a site that was selling them, however it looks a bit too sketchy.

If you look at my collection thread and want something in exchange please let me know and I might deal.

Best,
    Stefan

Lots of Belstaff sites selling them - dont be fooled - all fakes!

$300 for a black - no chance
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Which Belstaff Sites are selling them?

I would be up for getting one if they are available...
    Dodgy fake ones
    This is driving me nuts now :s I've been over every possible site! Even preloved sites too! did find a nice Steve McQueen black leather one for £129 which is pre owned!
    I think they only made a handful of each size in black, very limited run - hence the odds of finding one on the web are tiny unless a member here sells
    Wouldn't let Magnoli anywhere near it. Only manufacturer that I'd trust this to is Bill Kelso. Their attention to period style jackets is amazing. I'd also consider lending one of my two Pattersons to them for them to copy. They have the finest leathers too. Could be worth a bulk run maybe, I'd be in for a black one.
    edited March 2017
    I just bought an XXXL in brown NWTs. I dont know if it will fit. If it does I might get it dyed black. However more than likely it will not fit me. Anyone interested if it doesn't?

Best,
    Stefan

420_A27_A89_FBB4_E799434_C81_D8_DD66_CB1.jpg

8_D5_D98816_C544_E0_C935_F945_DA8787029.jpg
    Sorry if my comments were out of place then gentlemen -{

Anyway, before I was a member here I owned the black Patterson in large and like I said, it was a great jacket...would've been even better if I could have put it on. I usually take a 42/52/L in jackets and it fit me like a small, so I probably needed a 2XL or maybe XL if I was lucky (which haven't popped up for a responsible price in my years of searching). Unfortunately I put it up on eBay pretty soon after I got it and it went for a pretty low price compared to what they're going for nowadays.
    JTM wrote:

Anyway, before I was a member here I owned the black Patterson in large and like I said, it was a great jacket...would've been even better if I could have put it on. I usually take a 42/52/L in jackets and it fit me like a small, so I probably needed a 2XL or maybe XL if I was lucky (which haven't popped up for a responsible price in my years of searching). Unfortunately I put it up on eBay pretty soon after I got it and it went for a pretty low price compared to what they're going for nowadays.

No worries my friend.

Wow, that is a bummer... not only because it sold low. But because of the measurement data you just gave me. I wear a 40R or 38R slim, so this is going to be too big. I would need a Large.

Darnit! I wanted a patterson, and it showed up NWTs in 3 sizes to big!!!

Best,
    Stefan
    nafets47 wrote:
    Wow, that is a bummer... not only because it sold low. But because of the measurement data you just gave me. I wear a 40R or 38R slim, so this is going to be too big. I would need a Large.

Sizing seems all over the place with this model (and seemingly Belstaff in general), so you might get lucky fit wise?
    I hope so. It is such a cool jacket, and has a CR Armani feel to it which I like.

Best,
    Stefan
    Chriscoop wrote:
    This is driving me nuts now :s I've been over every possible site! Even preloved sites too! did find a nice Steve McQueen black leather one for £129 which is pre owned!

A belstaff McQueen one
    nafets47 wrote:
    JTM wrote:

No worries my friend.

Best,
    Stefan

Yeh you will defo be a large I have the Large and currently a 41 chest and it's to tight bought it when my chest was 39 and it was perfect
    Ross
    Chriscoop wrote:

A belstaff McQueen one
    Yes
    Spoke to Bill Kelso about this actually - they think it will be very easy to do a run of these if enough people were on board with the project (5 I think). Btw they use excellent Italian leather not some crappy hides from Pakistan like some manufacturers I could mention !
    CRB wrote:
    Spoke to Bill Kelso about this actually - they think it will be very easy to do a run of these if enough people were on board with the project (5 I think). Btw they use excellent Italian leather not some crappy hides from Pakistan like some manufacturers I could mention !
    That's interesting, I was thinking of approaching wested! I'm drawing blanks everywhere, and I want black! This for me could end up being like welshboys armani cr jacket.
    If there was enough interest in the CR Armani I'm confident BK could do that too. The fact that among this group, people have the originals means the copy would be perfect. If yourre not already familiar with their work, they had access to an (almost) screen worn Indy jacket which they now produce as the Relic Hunter. Amongst the Indy fans the BK is the best version out there, surpassing (ironically enough) Wested who actually made the original.
    BK jackets are not cheap by the way, but not Tom Ford prices. They use some of the best leather out there. Wested , I'm sure will knock you up a version of the Patterson but you'll ultimately be disappointed . It will cost you less though.