Finally "enjoying" the Menlo club

_Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
Picked up a Levi's Menlo recently (James Brosnan will know all about this saga!) from a fellow member who in the process has become a friend. It's a piece I didn't think would ever come my way, but I'm so glad it did. If you have the fortune to get a chance to own one of these, don't hesitate. Not for a second.

Worn here with only a fairly close blue alternative to the ED shirt until the original finds its way to my shores and paired with light coloured jeans.

The hunt continues...

IMG_9676.jpg

IMG_9695.jpg
Murder | Employment.

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Well done! I still get lots of compliments on mine.
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Freaking hell man, you're killing it! It looks great on you man, perfect fit! It was a pleasure being apart this journey, and I hope I was helpful. Still totally jealous of the season you were able to snag, that thing looks so sweet man. Be careful of getting caught in an elevator alone with the ladies. Something about that jacket and confined spaces makes the ladies say the darndest things. Cheers man! {[]
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    I do love the beaten up look of the Menlo - looks good!
    Now where is mine and the nearest elevator?

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    I'm still looking for a Menlo in XL; if anyone is selling one please PM me. -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    Freaking hell man, you're killing it! It looks great on you man, perfect fit! It was a pleasure being apart this journey, and I hope I was helpful. Still totally jealous of the season you were able to snag, that thing looks so sweet man. Be careful of getting caught in an elevator alone with the ladies. Something about that jacket and confined spaces makes the ladies say the darndest things. Cheers man! {[]

Thanks mate. I had your mantra in my head the whole time ("just buy it man!") and remember that offer of borrowing it to wear to the pub over a pint of Guinness is still on should you touchdown in the UK any time soon.
    Murder | Employment.
    Bond44 wrote:
    I do love the beaten up look of the Menlo - looks good!
    Now where is mine and the nearest elevator?

Cheers :007)

:))
    Murder | Employment.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    Agree, this is one of my favorite jackets. -{ -{ -{
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent
    Well done that's a great jacket -{

If anyone has one in a size small I would be very interested :)
    Yes. Considerably!
    _Stocks wrote:

Thanks mate. I had your mantra in my head the whole time ("just buy it man!") and remember that offer of borrowing it to wear to the pub over a pint of Guinness is still on should you touchdown in the UK any time soon.

I will hold you to that if I'm in the area in the future. Let's just make sure we pick up Bond44 on our way to the pub so we can make certain he gets to that elevator :))
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
  • Greg137blueGreg137blue milford michiganPosts: 74MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:

There's a size small on eBay right now !
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:

Do you have a link? I've had a look and can't find it.
    Yes. Considerably!
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    totally agree , i love it took 2 purchases to get it right.
    worth the pain :007)
    007 reporting for duty
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Looks great! -{ Cool if I put the photo in the Gallery?

I'm really starting to think I need to get me a Menlo ... :v
  • Greg137blueGreg137blue milford michiganPosts: 74MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:
    ichaice wrote:

Do you have a link? I've had a look and can't find it.
    Looks like the size small has been sold. There is a size large avalible.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322484397933
    canoe2 wrote:

Of course my friend. Come join the Menlo club as soon as you can, I can't recommend it enough.
    Murder | Employment.
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    _Stocks wrote:
    Come join the Menlo club as soon as you can, I can't recommend it enough.

Agreed, I did it twice
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    _Stocks wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:

Of course my friend. Come join the Menlo club as soon as you can, I can't recommend it enough.

Thanks! I will let you know when it's posted

I'm seriously thinking about it. The problem is where I live is so hot almost year-round that I'd maybe get 1 or 2 days of use out of it a year. Now, those would be good days! But it's that classic conundrum: Buy it just because I want it vs. buy it because I want it and would actually use it. And there are still LOTS of things I both want and would use ....
    canoe2 wrote:
    _Stocks wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:

I'm seriously thinking about it. The problem is where I live is so hot almost year-round that I'd maybe get 1 or 2 days of use out of it a year. Now, those would be good days! But it's that classic conundrum: Buy it just because I want it vs. buy it because I want it and would actually use it. And there are still LOTS of things I both want and would use ....

Oh my god. Story of my life man! I end up deciding based on availability. Like with my Menlo, I needed an XS and pretty much the last one on earth was on eBay for $600, so I dropped some more usable purchases for getting the Menlo. I sleep at night by looking at it as a long term investment in a rare item that I will be able to use during trips to cold places or if I ever live in one. The jacket is light enough for the 70's at night, so I get decent use out of it here in Florida. That might not be the case for you. But, really, you should just get one so you can join the club man! Come one, peer pressure! :))
    canoe2 wrote:
    _Stocks wrote:

The jacket is light enough for the 70's at night, so I get decent use out of it here in Florida. That might not be the case for you. But, really, you should just get one so you can join the club man! Come one, peer pressure! :))

I'd always back someone's decision to grab one of these so JB's post is a +1 from me.
    That also reads like an open invite to a pub night in Florida too, so the benefits of the club just keep on coming!
    Murder | Employment.
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    _Stocks wrote:

Oh my god. Story of my life man! I end up deciding based on availability. Like with my Menlo, I needed an XS and pretty much the last one on earth was on eBay for $600, so I dropped some more usable purchases for getting the Menlo. I sleep at night by looking at it as a long term investment in a rare item that I will be able to use during trips to cold places or if I ever live in one. The jacket is light enough for the 70's at night, so I get decent use out of it here in Florida. That might not be the case for you. But, really, you should just get one so you can join the club man! Come one, peer pressure! :))

Totally agree with you James, that is why I joined the club twice. And sadly left it twice. Florida is just ridiculous, it can be crazy cold for weeks then hot as summer the next morning. X-(

All those who have seasons or at least some predictable cold should absolutely own this one. It is such a cool and classic design.

Best,
    Stefan
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I finally managed to get hold of one at a decent price and I have to say, it's the coolest jacket I've ever owned, there's just something about it! The fit is spot on, the quality of the leather is fantastic and I didn't expect it to be so lightweight.

I agreed with Mrs C&D that I'd put it away until my birthday and need to flog a couple of Bond-related items on eBay to help finance it, but I'm so glad I did.

Gents, I will have to find my way to the pub to join you (via an elevator of course). :o :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Chri360936Chri360936 Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    I have a small that sadly doesn't fit me any more. Would be willing to trade for a medium if anyone is interested.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    Planning to sell an XL menlo and a pair of the Topman chinos (W34 L32), If anyone is interested please PM me.
  • McCoyMcCoy Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    Planning to sell an XL menlo and a pair of the Topman chinos (W34 L32), If anyone is interested please PM me.

PM'd
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Ah the Menlo Club fantastic.
    Preferring not to dress "as Bond" but more "inspired by"... I got my LVC Menlo 1930s jacket in cognac.
    I will add though it is beautifully made, fits like a glove, is a pleasure to wear, get tons of compliments and the more duffed up and worn in it becomes the better it looks and feels.

Dave_-_Hunstanton.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Nice! Looks great in that colour -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    That color is amazing!
    Alec 006 wrote:
    Preferring not to dress "as Bond" but more "inspired by"... I got my LVC Menlo 1930s jacket in cognac.
    I will add though it is beautifully made, fits like a glove, is a pleasure to wear, get tons of compliments and the more duffed up and worn in it becomes the better it looks and feels.

Dave_-_Hunstanton.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg
    Alec 006 wrote:

Dave_-_Hunstanton.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

Totally agree, that color is great! I didn't know they made it in that color. Fantastic man!
  • Lee JohnLee John Beautiful British Columbia Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    That looks great! Great fade too, haircut wise.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    I was at my local art gallery yesterday and spotted a bloke wearing a black Menlo and outfit clearly inspired by bond's enjoying death ensemble which looked fantastic.
    I was a able to snap a pic without getting his face. Would it be uncool for me to post said picture for everyone to see?