Sir Roger Moore Tribute - Screening of 2 Bond classics worldwide!

www.bondstars.comwww.bondstars.com Pinewood Studios, LondonPosts: 373Chief of Staff
Celebrate the life of Sir Roger Moore with TWO James Bond classics, The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only, as they return to cinemas worldwide with proceeds to benefit UNICEF.

http://www.parkcircus.com/latest/1335_sir_roger_moore_tribute
www.bondstars.com - The stars' official online autograph store
www.allstarautographs.co.uk - Autographs, Private Signings & Events
www.honorblackman.co.uk - Official Honor Blackman website

Comments

• Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent
    I've never been so happy to promote UNICEF. This will be as good as the big stogie I fired off this week in tribute. Let's go. Florida viewers assemble!
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Looks like over here is being overlooked :(
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Just booked my tickets at the AMC in Hamilton, NJ!
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent
    sniperUK wrote:

Find a screening
    ◾Australia: HOYTS, 4-7 June
    ◾Netherlands: Pathé (For Your Eyes Only only), 5 June
    ◾New Zealand: HOYTS, 5-8 June
    ◾UK: ODEON Cinemas, 31 May
    ◾USA: AMC Theatres, 31 May

...but we wish there were more locations! Sorry.
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    sniperUK wrote:

Find a screening
    ◾Australia: HOYTS, 4-7 June
    ◾Netherlands: Pathé (For Your Eyes Only only), 5 June
    ◾New Zealand: HOYTS, 5-8 June
    ◾UK: ODEON Cinemas, 31 May
    ◾USA: AMC Theatres, 31 May

...but we wish there were more locations! Sorry.

Not one in Northern Ireland or even Dublin.
    Celebrate the life of Sir Roger Moore with TWO James Bond classics, The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only, as they return to cinemas worldwide with proceeds to benefit UNICEF.

http://www.parkcircus.com/latest/1335_sir_roger_moore_tribute

Gareth and all at Bond Stars,

We are with you in your loss. Sir Roger Moore has millions of fans worldwide who miss him very much at this time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent
    I wish his estate would go after those that forge his signature X-(
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    Hmmm I can't see to find the details for the Australian screenings! :( Any fellow Aussies here have any details on where the screenings are being held?
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent
    Probably unable to attend one of these Screenings on Wednesday but to make up for that I will try and watch The Spy Who Loved Me when it's on TV Tomorrow or play it on DVD as well of course as For Your Eyes Only which was the first Bond Movie I saw in the Cinema.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    Revolver66 wrote:
    Hmmm I can't see to find the details for the Australian screenings! :( Any fellow Aussies here have any details on where the screenings are being held?

I can't find anything listed on the Hoyts website either.
    Maybe they don't update it until Monday?
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Will be attending the same screening in Hamilton, NJ with the Mantis!
    UPDATE: Some theatres in the USA are also doing Sunday matinee shows on June 4. Check your local listings overseas, also?
  • DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
    I'm in the great city of Breda in the Netherlands ;)
    The only film we would watch here in FYEO. The movie is great so I'm really looking forward to it.
    Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent
    Why can't they do a limited world wide realease , the mo(o)re the merrier , right ?
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    edited June 2017
    Had a great evening at the Odeon Milton Keynes and, for probably the first time ever, it was true:

James Bond did return in For Your Eyes Only

RIP Sir Roger, you did the franchise proud.
    Just great on the big screen (again)!
  • mpoplawskimpoplawski New Jersey, USAPosts: 128MI6 Agent
    I have tickets for Sunday.
    Bond: "But who would want to kill me, sir?"
    M: "Jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors . . . the list is endless."
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    I got in to see the double feature at a cinema in Melbourne, and it was great. 4K prints were brilliant and it was exciting to see 2 Roger Moore Bond flicks on the big screen. Although the cinema cooked the opening of For Your Eyes Only. There was no sound during the pre titles, just some easy listening music the cinema was playing and the sound for the film didn't kick in until about 7 or 8 mintues in. An usher came in and said they would restart the film but they never did. I was pretty pissed :v However, besides that it was great. Kudos to all involved for making these screenings happen. -{
    Revolver66 wrote:
    I got in to see the double feature at a cinema in Melbourne, and it was great. 4K prints were brilliant and it was exciting to see 2 Roger Moore Bond flicks on the big screen. Although the cinema cooked the opening of For Your Eyes Only. There was no sound during the pre titles, just some easy listening music the cinema was playing and the sound for the film didn't kick in until about 7 or 8 mintues in. An usher came in and said they would restart the film but they never did. I was pretty pissed :v However, besides that it was great. Kudos to all involved for making these screenings happen. -{

The exact thing happened at our screening of 'For Your Eyes Only' in Sydney. It also happened to a screening in the US.

Technical issues aside, it was fantastic seeing these two films on the big screen for the first time. It was a real shame there were only about a dozen of us in the cinema, and two blokes got into a fight during the break and left. Not a great atmosphere, but I still had a great Sunday afternoon.
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • bigjohnny7bigjohnny7 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Saw this double-bill last weekend in Auckland. Thankfully no screening problems - everything ran smoothly. Just me and one other person in the screening though, so I doubt the cinema - or UNICEF - would have made much money. A pity really.

Does anybody know the reason why those two films were picked? I can understand TSWLM, but I would have thought there were other Moore films that are bigger drawcards. I seem to remember reading TSWLM and FYEO were persomal favourites of his, so maybe that was it, or have I remembered that wrong?

(And while I liked the serendipity of 'James Bond Will Return In For Your Eyes Only' in the credits, I'm sure this wasn't the reason)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    bigjohnny7 wrote:
    Saw this double-bill last weekend in Auckland. Thankfully no screening problems - everything ran smoothly. Just me and one other person in the screening though, so I doubt the cinema - or UNICEF - would have made much money. A pity really.

Does anybody know the reason why those two films were picked? I can understand TSWLM, but I would have thought there were other Moore films that are bigger drawcards. I seem to remember reading TSWLM and FYEO were persomal favourites of his, so maybe that was it, or have I remembered that wrong?

(And while I liked the serendipity of 'James Bond Will Return In For Your Eyes Only' in the credits, I'm sure this wasn't the reason)
    Just my opinion but for me these are two of Sir Rogers best performances as James Bond though they were all good.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    The Roger Moore tribute will be screening on Saturday, 24 June, 2017 at Gartenbaukino in Austria.

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Shame it won't be in Berngarten... :007)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    The Worthington Theatre will be holding a tribute screening 'Live and Let Die' on Sunday, 25 June, 2017 with proceeds going to UNICEF.

• ml94ml94 FinlandPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    These movies are made for a big screen.
    "Bond, James Bond"
  • RemingtonRemington CAPosts: 239MI6 Agent
    ml94 wrote:
    These movies are made for a big screen.
    Absolutely. Wish I could've gone.
    -{
    1. Connery 2. Moore 3. Dalton 4. Brosnan 5. Craig 6. Lazenby