Re: Weapons used in the James Bond movies.

Here is one of mine favorites besides the Walther PPK, P5, WA 2000 rifle and the P99 The H&K UMP 9mm as seen in both CR and QOS. Two UMP's are seen used by Gettler's henchman in Venice  both fitted with vertical fore grips and suppressors, while one of them also has an ACOG scope. Bond uses a suppressed version to shoot Mr. White at the end of the film. In the teaser of QOS, Bond again uses the UMP with the stock folded and the suppressor removed to defend himself during the car chase.

https://s23.postimg.cc/e9gy0e6if/601px-_CR13.jpg

https://s17.postimg.cc/ii66woxq3/601px-_Vlcsnap-267031.jpg

https://s11.postimg.cc/umrh0qbq7/350px-_H_KUMP9_WSuppressor.jpg

Produced: 1999-present
Caliber: 9x19mm
Weight: 5 lbs (2.2 kg) in 9x19mm 
Length: 17.7 in (45 cm) stock folded, 27.2 in (69 cm) stock open
Barrel length: 7.9 in (20 cm)
Feed System: 30 round box magazine
Fire Modes: Safe/Semi/Full-Auto

The UMP is quickly becoming popular in the military and law enforcement community, Heckler & Koch developed the UMP as a lighter and cheaper successor to the MP5, though both remain in production. The UMP9 (the 9×19mm version of the UMP, it also comes in .40 S&W and .45 ACP) is almost 0.2 kilograms (0.44 lb) lighter than its MP5 counterpart. Its predominantly polymer construction reduces both its weight and the number of parts susceptible to corrosion.  On another note, yes the screen used Sig P210 from QOS was just a standard version visually modified with rub on transfers and a gold coin sunk into the grips, to look like the 50th anniversary model. This was mentioned in 007 magazine's Most Famous Gun In The World.

Last edited by PPK 7.65mm (7th Aug 2017 22:43)

Most agents/police go for the .40 in a good quality weapon like the SIG, Glock or Heckler & Koch.

I wish the franchise had've allowed him to be armed in the Browning Hi-power at least once.

Cam008 wrote:

I wish the franchise had've allowed him to be armed in the Browning Hi-power at least once.

He used one I think in CR when he confiscated it from the embassy head in his office.

Cheers  ajb007/bond

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

Forget the Hi-Power, what about the Desert Eagle?

"...I have the oddest feeling we will be meeting again sometime..."
-Roger Moore's James Bond. RIP.
I have a YouTube channel on all things Bond (amongst other things, coming soon™).
The name's Bond and Beyond. It's currently on hold, though.

Dirty Punker wrote:

Dumb pistol.  Utterly pointless.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Dirty Punker wrote:

WHAT?  It's huge! I mean really huge,  Bond would need a suitcase on wheels to carry and conceal it.  the ammo costs a fortune, and it's unreliable unless you find an original irsraeli made one....... No no no let lara Croft keep the desert eagle.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

Chriscoop wrote:
Dirty Punker wrote:

WHAT?  It's huge! I mean really huge,  Bond would need a suitcase on wheels to carry and conceal it.  the ammo costs a fortune, and it's unreliable unless you find an original irsraeli made one....... No no no let lara Croft keep the desert eagle.

ajb007/biggrin
I was expecting this sort of response.
ajb007/shifty
Utterly pointless...but so is having a giant laser gun.
Why wouldn't a Bond villain have one?
(No, not Goldmember)

I have a YouTube channel on all things Bond (amongst other things, coming soon™).

@ Bond 44 is right, in CR Bond takes and uses a Browning Hi Power Mark III from the Ambassador at the embassy and uses during his attempt to bring in Mollaka the bomb maker.

Last edited by PPK 7.65mm (30th Jul 2017 16:44)

LOL... I meant to say it was the standard pistol side-arm at the time and had more going for it than the Walther PPK in the field.

Certainly not a good undercover carry weapon, but better than carrying a brick, huh ?

Cam008 wrote:

LOL... I meant to say it was the standard pistol side-arm at the time and had more going for it than the Walther PPK in the field.

Certainly not a good undercover carry weapon, but better than carrying a brick, huh ?

Hi power was a venerable and relatively trouble free side arm for much of the British army before it was demobbed in favour of the Glock,  which I've never really been a fan of.  There's been a few times bond could have been armed with the Hi power, the pts of Goldeneye, or living Daylights when Bond goes for whitaker.

Chriscoop wrote:
Cam008 wrote:

Hi power was a venerable and relatively trouble free side arm for much of the British army before it was demobbed in favour of the Glock,  which I've never really been a fan of.  There's been a few times bond could have been armed with the Hi power, the pts of Goldeneye, or living Daylights when Bond goes for whitaker.

In Goldeneye Trevelyan uses a Browing variant in the communication centre when he captures Bond again  ajb007/biggrin

Used Browning HP for years without a problem but time and tech moved on its called progress

Cheers   ajb007/bond

Last edited by Bond44 (30th Jul 2017 17:13)

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

@ Bond 44 correct Trevelyan uses a Browning BDM during the films climax, this pistol also appears in the teaser sequence where it replaces the BDA Trevelyan was using in some shots (This is a mistake, as the BDM was not made in until the 1990's and the teaser scene takes place in 1986).

A very cool looking pistol.
It has a futuristic, late 80s (almost Cyberpunk-y) look to it.

Bond44 wrote:
Chriscoop wrote:
Cam008 wrote:

In Goldeneye Trevelyan uses a Browing variant in the communication centre when he captures Bond again  ajb007/biggrin

Used Browning HP for years without a problem but time and tech moved on its called progress

Cheers   ajb007/bond

It may be progress and the Hi power has been around for a very long time, the Glock is a fine hand gun,  be even better with a proper safety though.

SIG Sauer ?

Cam008 wrote:

SIG Sauer ?

Was that a question or a gun you think that Bond used?

Bond has used a sig before,  a few times.

Asp9mm wrote:
Dirty Punker wrote:

Dumb pistol.  Utterly pointless.

Paperweight?

Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com

Dirty Punker wrote:
Cam008 wrote:

SIG Sauer ?

Was that a question or a gun you think that Bond used?

Both... and I think it'd do.

US Navy Seals like it enough.

Despite this being a thread by a banned member it exists so I'll post on it.
Saw a nice display yesterday, featuring some well known firearms.
https://i.postimg.cc/FfDrKSST/DSC-0454.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/94vxZ8y0/DSC-0455.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/FkvDnYWQ/DSC-0456.jpg

In what movie was a M1 Carabine used?

Number24 wrote:

In what movie was a M1 Carabine used?

Goldfinger  ajb007/martini
https://i.postimg.cc/D45294rf/CBBD39-CB-5-D4-B-4-F42-84-B7-C15-B770-B827-E.jpg

The name is Walker by the way.

Ah …. yes. Not particularely iconic in the Bond films, though. But I'd love to see some of the other guns.

Chriscoop Nice pics! Displayed well too.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.