Re: Bond 25 wishlist

I am hoping for a kickass female villain. I think we are due for one. As far as other wishes, I never seem to have many heading into these films. I just wait and see and get excited.

My wish list top is: David Arnold returning. I just remember watching the premiere of Spectre and all I was concentrating on was the cut/copy sound track. It was bloody terrible!! I walked out thinking 'How could they!!!!'. I still watch Spectre and know exactly in Skyfall where the track is from. Newman sucks balls for doing that to us. Maybe a cost cutting in production or they just thought the formula worked for Skyfall. Either way it's up there with the CGI in DAD as a top 3 gripe of mine. The other is Lazenby not returning ajb007/frown

http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!

David Arnold on CR style duty.
Mission story. No family melodrama. This isn't Corrie.
NO London climax scene. In fact, minimal London. Just like the old days. Aahhh.
One scriptwriter, If Hodge writes the whole script, keep it to him with no other rewrites. Good enough for Boyle, good enough for me.

I liked the soundtrack to Trainspotting. Maybe they could get Brian Eno and Iggy Pop?

caractacus potts wrote:

I liked the soundtrack to Trainspotting. Maybe they could get Brian Eno and Iggy Pop?

Iggy would be great. Counter cultural Icon but old skool. Could tick all the boxes.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

I wonder who Boyle wants to sing the theme tune? I don't know much about  his taste in music, but I know he is very interested in it. If David Bowie was still alive Boyle would probably want him.
What do you think?

zaphod99 wrote:
caractacus potts wrote:

Iggy would be great. Counter cultural Icon but old skool. Could tick all the boxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5kRCOVv6r4

dickiebart wrote:

My wish list top is: David Arnold returning. I just remember watching the premiere of Spectre and all I was concentrating on was the cut/copy sound track. It was bloody terrible!! I walked out thinking 'How could they!!!!'. I still watch Spectre and know exactly in Skyfall where the track is from. Newman sucks balls for doing that to us. Maybe a cost cutting in production or they just thought the formula worked for Skyfall. Either way it's up there with the CGI in DAD as a top 3 gripe of mine. The other is Lazenby not returning ajb007/frown

All the copy and pasting from SF in SP does the film no favors. It just makes me think how much better SF is and how I would rather be watching it.

Number24 wrote:

I wonder who Boyle wants to sing the theme tune? I don't know much about  his taste in music, but I know he is very interested in it. If David Bowie was still alive Boyle would probably want him.
What do you think?

I think he won’t have a say in it.

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

It depends. If the artist is already picked he doesn't have a say, no matter what. But he is probably the most famous Bond director ever (or at least since the 60's) and he is very interested in music. I think his opinion on the artist and theme song will carry some weight.

It seems to be an audition process anyhow

E.g. Radiohead, Sam Smith and god knows who else who submitted songs

Instagram - bondclothes007

Number24 wrote:

It depends. If the artist is already picked he doesn't have a say, no matter what. But he is probably the most famous Bond director ever (or at least since the 60's) and he is very interested in music. I think his opinion on the artist and theme song will carry some weight.

Being a ‘famous film director’ doesn’t mean diddly as far as picking the theme title artist...but I admire your optimism  ajb007/martini

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

Number24 wrote:

Have you already forgotten about Mendes? He's an incredibly famous director too. The only other very famous director for Bond would be Lewis Gilbert. Michael Apted and Marc Forster also have their share of fame beyond Bond. Everyone else is probably best-known for Bond these days.

caractacus potts wrote:

zaphod99 wrote:

ooh that is good, he pulls off the ballad! and makes his later Duke Ellington cover sound like The Stooges in comparison.

I gotta find that Shaken and Stirred album. I think I'd like it more than most of the recent movies. I know I especially like the funky OHMSS cover with the YOLT mid-section.

Matt S wrote:
Number24 wrote:

Have you already forgotten about Mendes? He's an incredibly famous director too. The only other very famous director for Bond would be Lewis Gilbert. Michael Apted and Marc Forster also have their share of fame beyond Bond. Everyone else is probably best-known for Bond these days.

I don't think Forster is as famous as Boyle, and certainly not Apted. Maybe Mendes is, and I forgot Lewis Gilbert made Bond movies in the 70's.

I want to see a stunt like this in a Bond movie. Benjamin (24) skiis down a glacier and skims on the water for 60 meters!  ajb007/bond

Video link:
http://www.itv.com/news/2018-05-29/skie … ive-stunt/

https://gfx.nrk.no/4_Y8qSuywtl_IfZxI2vH0g-1a7IjvhSdjYTq1gcecVhQ

Have you seen AVTAK ?  ajb007/tongue    ajb007/lol

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

Yes, but this was 60 meters and the skier isn't even professional (I think)
Besides, think of all the car jumps you've seen in Bond movies, not to mention action movies in general. Why not ski over water, especially since it's very Bondian?

even better there is Die Another Day , complete with tsunami
http://mqltv.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/10-die-anotherday.gif
you don't need to wait another 18 months top see this Number24, lucky you!

Number24 wrote:

Besides, think of all the car jumps you've seen in Bond movies, not to mention action movies in general. Why not ski over water, especially since it's very Bondian?

Like skiing behind the plane in LTK?

Could have a bit of Sand Surfing ?
https://youtu.be/PH53M5g7En8

But why would Bond surf in the dessert?
Besides, it's just a slower and warmer form of skiing.

Arbogast777 wrote:
Number24 wrote:

Like skiing behind the plane in LTK?

Yes, but no.
In short, awsome skiing scenes in action movies are few and far between.

Perhaps there's a reason for that, Difficult to film, Location and weather problems etc ?
I enjoy a good ski chase, but there has to be a reason why its not used more.

I guess ski scenes are (I guess) often harder to film than car scenes for the reasons you mention. There is also the fact that skiis are much more rarely used than cars in ordinary life. But if the ordinary cinema goer is asked what movies are known for their ski scenes, many will reply "I don't know". But I think no other movie or franchise will be mentioned more than James Bond. This is despite of no ski scenes since TWINE and no really good ones since AVTAK in 1985. It's time.