Bond 25 is going to happen in 2017 (maybe)

MisterDarius47MisterDarius47 RomaniaPosts: 3MI6 Agent
A new James Bond movie is going to launch in 2017 (maybe) :007)
If we look closely on the order of the launch of James Bond (that have the same actor as the previous) movie they are launching from 2 years to 2 years.
This (maybe) means that we are going to see a new James Bond movie this year :)

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH I AM ONLY 12 YEARS OLD
Sorry for my bad english...
I am 12 years old
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoOJfpqkuYkEW2BVFH0qwPw

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Nice try, but there is only a movie, when they've finished shooting it. As of July 2017 - they haven't even begun :D

So your theory is for the birds :))

Welcome to AJB {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Sadly there is no chance whatsoever for this to happen.

EON (which is BB really) is rather waiting for some director to be free to work than giving the millions of fans around the world a new film in a decent amount of time.

Now they can at least claim (again) that they have to wait for....what's it this time? ah yes...distribution deal...to start planning a new film.

I wish someone would take over EON that is a bit more motivated to produce Bond films on a regular basis.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,292Chief of Staff
    Hello, MisterDarius47, and welcome. You may find this of interest: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45180/introduction-how-to-use-the-forum/ It's our introduction to new members.

And please feel free to introduce yourself here: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/34154/welcome-comings-goings/page/77/
  • BruceMurdockBruceMurdock OhioPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    I don't think it's really fair to lay all the blame on Barbara Broccoli. EON's not responsible for MGM's delays in choosing a new distributor. If I recall correctly. Michael G. Wilson spoke about being happy with one while MGM wasn't. For all we know EON has spoken to who they want to direct the next film but is being hush hush thanks to Sony's leaks from 2015. EON's a car and MGM is the key. A car cannot start without it's key. And no, connecting the yellow and blue wire isn't going to speed things along.
    "No for me."
    "You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
    "I never miss..."
    "Time to face gravity!"
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,557Chief of Staff

EON (which is BB really) is rather waiting for some director to be free to work than giving the millions of fans around the world a new film in a decent amount of time.

Now they can at least claim (again) that they have to wait for....what's it this time? ah yes...distribution deal...to start planning a new film.

I wish someone would take over EON that is a bit more motivated to produce Bond films on a regular basis.

I'd be very careful what you wish for...
    YNWA 97
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yeah, in fine with EON as it is. I can wait three or four years of it means maintaining the integrity of the brand. BB knows what she's doing. Doesn't get it right every time, but more often than not...
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yeah, in fine with EON as it is. I can wait three or four years of it means maintaining the integrity of the brand. BB knows what she's doing. Doesn't get it right every time, but more often than not...

I hope your fingers are all crossed then, like mine.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    There could be more in place than we know...(or not). My guess is that there will be no official announcement made for Bond 25 until a deal is done with a new distributor. I would agree that EON is being especially sensitive to keeping things quiet in light of the Sony leaks which were not flattering to the SPECTRE production. When EON announces Bond 25 they want to present things in the best most positive light as possible, especially if that includes the introduction of a new Bond actor.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Keep in mind that we have people here who know people who know people......

As far as those people, no announcement imminent in the next weeks.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    It is rather astounding how slow-pokey the players involved are -- if they were planning the D-Day invasion, it would have happened in 1960.
    Gassy Man wrote:
    It is rather astounding how slow-pokey the players involved are -- if they were planning the D-Day invasion, it would have happened in 1960.

I suppose it depends what everyone's plans are...this time it's probably more complicated.
    YNWA 97
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent

JUST GIVE THE RIGHTS BACK TO MARVEL ALREADY. :))
    MrZareba wrote:

Be careful what you wish for...
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,789MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:

Be careful what you wish for...

I shudder at the thought. Marvel would put in some silly sci-fi stuff,
    like a flying car or even an Invisible car :o
    Sony would make Bond either Black or a Woman.
    Marvel/Disney would make Diet Bond for the family.
    Fox would make Bond a Dude Bro.

Bond's in the right hands with EON productions. They don't always get it right but when they make a mistake they more than make up for it.
    "No for me."
    "You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
    "I never miss..."
    "Time to face gravity!"
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    I think it was Mantis who floated the very plausible idea that Eon is, out of courtesy, going to let Craig's performance in Logan Lucky have the spotlight, and they won't step on his moment to announce his return (or his replacement) in Bond 25. I know a few folks around here aren't keen on it, but that gig is very likely a big deal to Craig, and the kind of showy supporting role that gets award nominations. If Eon wants him back, and they've said multiple times they do, they'll let him have that moment.

So, if that's the case, look for something around September.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Bond in 2017? More chance of a Connery come back :))

It is frustrating but on the other hand I think the wait is part of what makes it so exciting when they do finally announce a film is going into preproduction. I think if they pumped out a film to regularly we would be having the "Marvel" effect Zzzzzz
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    If Logan Lucky is a hit and Craig steals the show with an against type well received Oscar touted comedic character performance it could only help with the promotion of Bond 25 if Craig is returning. For most markets Logan Lucky is being released in mid to late August with others coming in September and the last in October. Bond 25 could hypothetically be officially announced sometime in November 2017 with plenty of time for filming, post production and promotion for a November 2018 release. The summer blockbuster months of 2018 would be the perfect time to tease Bond 25 in theaters.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    It is frustrating but on the other hand I think the wait is part of what makes it so exciting when they do finally announce a film is going into preproduction. I think if they pumped out a film to regularly we would be having the "Marvel" effect Zzzzzz

Totally agree. Absence makes the heart grow fonder :)) The wait between films builds great levels of anticipation! And I think the gap between films in the Craig era have been perfect. Which is why I think this

could be a terrible idea. Speaking on that "Marvel effect", 3 to 4 superhero movies a year is getting exhausting and really starts putting you off the genre. So pumping out Bond movies at anywhere close to the frequency of the Connery movies could really turn away the modern viewer, not to mention we'd probably be getting poor quality, "rush job", films.
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    As much as I love the idea of EON, since Barbara took over they've only really nailed it 3 times in my opinion. That's 3 out of 8. As i'm a massive fan I enjoy all 8 films but if i'm honest they're only 3 great ones. Barbara and co are inconsistent at best and they need some help I think. I'm not a comic book fan but Marvel seem to nail it every time. Sure they have more material to work with, but almost every film is well received by critics and fans. I think it's time for Barbara and co to get some new outside creative forces in to give a different take on it. There are brilliant franchise writers and directors out there. Get them in and relinquish some control
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Only Marvel film I really enjoyed which springs to mind is Iron Man 1
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Marvel does Marvel.....and Disney owns Marvel so if anything it would be Disney. I guess it would not be out of the realm of possibility that Disney might be in the running to partner with MGM and EON to distribute the Bond films however I have not heard Disney mentioned as a possible partner. IMO, I doubt EON is looking to get out of the Bond business quite yet.
    Revolver66 wrote:
    As much as I love the idea of EON, since Barbara took over they've only really nailed it 3 times in my opinion. That's 3 out of 8.

Rounding up the previous 8 (MWTGG - LTK), the old guard didn't average all that much better. Nostalgia softens the criticisms but Any 8 Bond films in a row is a mixed bag.
    I'm not a comic book fan but Marvel seem to nail it every time.

They all make money, but they sure don't nail it every time.
    The Marvel model isn't a good one to follow. While I can enjoy some of their films, they just feel so samey at times. Especially after The Avengers. It seems like everything that came after has random action scenes on busy streets/highways. It's just a visually bloated series now. I prefered when they were all standalone films. At least it gave them their own identity. Now that everyone is teamed up and jam packed into the same films now it loses that identity and becomes generic random ensemble CGI mess action shlock. It just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I'd rather wait a few years for a Bond film then get one after another that seems to ultimately cover the same ground and look the same as before.
    "No for me."
    "I never miss..."
    "Time to face gravity!"
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    Revolver66 wrote:
    As much as I love the idea of EON, since Barbara took over they've only really nailed it 3 times in my opinion. That's 3 out of 8.

Rounding up the previous 8 (MWTGG - LTK), the old guard didn't average all that much better. Nostalgia softens the criticisms but Any 8 Bond films in a row is a mixed bag.

Sure, that's your opinion about Marvel not nailing it every time. But in reality, I can't think of many films in the marvel franchise that haven't been received warmly. Also, through that period you've mentioned you have TSWLM, FYEO, OP, TLD, AND LTK. I'd take any of those over TND, TWINE, DAD, QOS AND SP.

I don't want Bond to adopt the Marvel universe model, I'm merely point out that there are other franchises that have a better strike rate than Bond. I no longer see Barbara and Co as the only people that could do Bond well. I'm willing to bet that there are others that could do it better. Would be interesting to see some new people thrown into the mix to have a shot at it.
    HowardB wrote:
    Marvel does Marvel.....and Disney owns Marvel so if anything it would be Disney. I guess it would not be out of the realm of possibility that Disney might be in the running to partner with MGM and EON to distribute the Bond films however I have not heard Disney mentioned as a possible partner. IMO, I doubt EON is looking to get out of the Bond business quite yet.

I thought Disney had made a pitch...? I know at least three others have - including a 'new-ish' production company...this has been reported in some semi-reliable press media...
    Time will tell....
    YNWA 97
    Revolver66 wrote:
    Revolver66 wrote:

Sure, that's your opinion about Marvel not nailing it every time. But in reality, I can't think of many films in the marvel franchise that haven't been received warmly.

Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Age of Ultron, and both Thor movies got middling reviews. That's a full third. Uh oh, turns out your reality is actually just your opinion!
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I thought Disney had made a pitch...? I know at least three others have - including a 'new-ish' production company...this has been reported in some semi-reliable press media...

Sony, Warner Brothers, Universal, 20th Century Fox, and Annapurna Pictures.
    No one demands Bond films every two years forever.

But what we have now is just wrong. Surprised how many seem still just to swallow everything we get dished up without questioning EON.
    They did a lot wrong since 2004 when they started to plan CR.
    Sure CR is an eternal classic, no thanks to all the stupid re-boot stuff though. Martin Campbell and the cast saved the film to still be a proper James Bond film

SP evoked the old times, luckily. But the seemingly lost interest in planning ahead is just annoying. Cubby almost always already even knew the next title and planning went on before the current film left the cinemas.

EVERY other studio is capable of planning ahead but EON. It's a simple fact that cannot be ignored. Bond is too important to be dependend on one woman who may or may not be in the mood for another one.
    Dalton Rulez™

Er...

AA_OLD_MAN_5.jpg
    Barbel wrote:

Er...

AA_OLD_MAN_5.jpg

ha ha...what I meant exactly is that the occasional three year gap would be ok :)
    Dalton Rulez™