Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

I have bought the coat directly from MA and can confirm that I have the same discrepencies as you

Peakey wrote:

I bought mine from Mr Porter so I would be interested to know if anyone bought direct from MA and have the same discrepencies as mine. The tab collar missing is a piss take, the extra buttons on the sleeves not so big a deal IMO!

Like I said, hate to point that stuff out, but I'm sure it will come out sooner or later.

I don't think there are any clear shots of the duster's cuffs in the trailers...I'm making excuses for MA now, but the only way I can see them justifying not having the tab collar and only having one button on the cuffs is if that's how the coat was tailored for NTTD...which is doubtful.

All of these discrepancies we are witnessing are partially due to giving DC so much creative freedom in the custom department

The problem is that Daniel picked out so many items from smaller brands that already produce limited inventory to begin with ( at least a year and a half ago ) So I can imagine it is very difficult for these brands to go back through the same exact factories in such a short notice and reproduce the same exact thing in larger quantities at manageable cost. Therefore inconsistency makes sense since they had to go through cheaper manufacturers who can mass produce this and still keep their cost low.   The only unacceptable exception was N Peal

Overall clothings we’ve seen so far are screaming DANIEL CRAIG and not James Bond (Tom Ford suits are the obvious exception)

Last edited by Double0zero (1st Apr 2020 01:51)

unshaken 91 wrote:

Like I said, hate to point that stuff out, but I'm sure it will come out sooner or later.

I don't think there are any clear shots of the duster's cuffs in the trailers...I'm making excuses for MA now, but the only way I can see them justifying not having the tab collar and only having one button on the cuffs is if that's how the coat was tailored for NTTD...which is doubtful.

Pic 5 here - https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Z8EHVjo7T … 62473qb2pp

Shows DC wearing the coat in Bond scene with two smaller buttons on sleeve.

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on the Massimo Alba Sloop Suit.  I have seen some great reviews and pictures of the suit which have changed my opinion.  I wasn't sure if it was something I would normally go for but seeing some the pictures on this forum, I must admit that I have grown to really like it.  I have a few questions around the sizing and availability.  I normally take between a UK 38/40 S (short) in suits.  I see with Massimo Alba they appear to only offer a regular length version of the suit.  For those that have the suit how does the length of the suit compare to other suits?  I have read the info by Matt S regarding tailoring corduroy and don't want to unnecessarily ruin the suit having too much tailored.  I am fortunate that I am based in Rome and can get any tailoring completed by Massimo Alba in store.  My other question is regarding availability.  I checked the website a few days ago and it stated the suit is no longer available but I am assuming I can contact Alessandro for clarification?  Apologies if this already been discussed but I couldn't find any threads.

Thanks and kind regards.

I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me

StiffassBrit wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on the Massimo Alba Sloop Suit.  I have seen some great reviews and pictures of the suit which have changed my opinion.  I wasn't sure if it was something I would normally go for but seeing some the pictures on this forum, I must admit that I have grown to really like it.  I have a few questions around the sizing and availability.  I normally take between a UK 38/40 S (short) in suits.  I see with Massimo Alba they appear to only offer a regular length version of the suit.  For those that have the suit how does the length of the suit compare to other suits?  I have read the info by Matt S regarding tailoring corduroy and don't want to unnecessarily ruin the suit having too much tailored.  I am fortunate that I am based in Rome and can get any tailoring completed by Massimo Alba in store.  My other question is regarding availability.  I checked the website a few days ago and it stated the suit is no longer available but I am assuming I can contact Alessandro for clarification?  Apologies if this already been discussed but I couldn't find any threads.

Thanks and kind regards.

I was ‘on the fence’ about the suit but after I saw it ‘in person’ (actually in the Rome store in Jan), I bought it. Really, really like it. It will be a great casual suit that I can see myself wearing a lot through the spring / summer.

Regarding sizing, I normally take a Long fit in suits. The Matera fits just fine but is definitely a R, rather than a Long fit as far as I can tell.

As you are in Rome I would definitely suggest going to the store when they are open again. Frederica and Stefano will be able to give you the best advice.

And there is no rush. Last email I had from Alessandro was that they have had to stop all production / deliveries until 13th April at the earliest.

Yes. Considerably.

Ferinstal wrote:
StiffassBrit wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks and kind regards.

I was ‘on the fence’ about the suit but after I saw it ‘in person’ (actually in the Rome store in Jan), I bought it. Really, really like it. It will be a great casual suit that I can see myself wearing a lot through the spring / summer.

Regarding sizing, I normally take a Long fit in suits. The Matera fits just fine but is definitely a R, rather than a Long fit as far as I can tell.

As you are in Rome I would definitely suggest going to the store when they are open again. Frederica and Stefano will be able to give you the best advice.

And there is no rush. Last email I had from Alessandro was that they have had to stop all production / deliveries until 13th April at the earliest.

Thanks Ferinstal.  I will definitely pop in and speak to one of the team once the lockdown ends.  I will see if I can compare the length between the IT size 48 and 50.  Glad you are enjoying the suit and thanks again for the advice.

Last edited by StiffassBrit (1st Apr 2020 13:15)

I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me

Does anyone have a picture of the MA vs SA collar?

Mattia De Varti wrote:
bondfan10 wrote:
Mattia De Varti wrote:

Hi guys! Changing topic a moment. I don't remember if the trousers that Bond wears during the V8's unveiling have been identified. They seem too slim fitted to be the same he sports during the Norway scenes -but I could be wrong.

https://i.postimg.cc/PNB5Ptcp/vlcsnap-2019-12-04-06h59m11s801-640x360.png

I remember a member much earlier on in this thread mentioned that they had spoken to Rag and Bone to which they said they had sent some dark-colored jeans to the costume production. If that member could repost that comment that'd be much appreciated.

Thanks. Yes I remember I read something about, but can't find the exact post. If the member could repost, it would be great.

Rag & bone supplied jeans in their Minna wash, but they were not used. So, it’s not them!

cederic0011 wrote:
Mattia De Varti wrote:
bondfan10 wrote:

I remember a member much earlier on in this thread mentioned that they had spoken to Rag and Bone to which they said they had sent some dark-colored jeans to the costume production. If that member could repost that comment that'd be much appreciated.

Thanks. Yes I remember I read something about, but can't find the exact post. If the member could repost, it would be great.

Rag & bone supplied jeans in their Minna wash, but they were not used. So, it’s not them!

Thanks for the update!

Mattia De Varti wrote:

Hi guys! Changing topic a moment. I don't remember if the trousers that Bond wears during the V8's unveiling have been identified. They seem too slim fitted to be the same he sports during the Norway scenes -but I could be wrong.

Do we know if these are jeans or trousers? There's a pic where he's walking with Fukunaga on set and those appear to be black trousers/chinos.

bondfan10 wrote:
Mattia De Varti wrote:

Do we know if these are jeans or trousers? There's a pic where he's walking with Fukunaga on set and those appear to be black trousers/chinos.

Gotta be jeans. Trousers would not look good with the Rogue jacket, at all. Bad look

Per Connolly on the color of the buttons there is no change from their previous position.

Regarding the buttons on the Giubbino Jacket, they are the same size as the jacket worn by Daniel Craig. However the latest batch of buttons is a fraction darker than the previous ones.

They are made of natural bone and the tone can vary between buttons.

The garment bag and extra buttons will be shipped later.

bondfan10 wrote:
Mattia De Varti wrote:

Could you post the picture? I haven't noticed that particular one.

The pocket placement/size and coat color look different as well. (This is the same size I believe; 48.)

https://i.postimg.cc/N22nLtxR/Coat1.jpg

https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/m … 20447.aspx

https://i.postimg.cc/0Mzf8f84/coat2.png

https://www.mrporter.com/en-de/mens/pro … 9151753719

Need that cool collar closure:

https://i.postimg.cc/MfHLvKNp/Screen-Shot-2020-04-01-at-2-49-00-PM.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/10/styl … suits.html

As production has been halted this and the other differences need to pointed out to Massimo Alba. In order for changes to be made. Screen accuracy aside, the original garment is just superior.

Westward_Drift wrote:

Per Connolly on the color of the buttons there is no change from their previous position.

Regarding the buttons on the Giubbino Jacket, they are the same size as the jacket worn by Daniel Craig. However the latest batch of buttons is a fraction darker than the previous ones.

They are made of natural bone and the tone can vary between buttons.

The garment bag and extra buttons will be shipped later.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but the buttons are considerably darker than the original ones and that's also based on the  pictures that Max sent me. I realize that there are variations from one batch to another BUT they could have advised us BEFORE we placed our orders. I'm wondering if Connolly would be able to get us screen accurate buttons later on?

On a lighter note Steve how is your size large working out?

Last edited by MikeG77 (1st Apr 2020 19:14)

My Connolly Giubbino just arrived. It's a large, and I'm 6'0' 195 lbs. I have a 42-43" chest.

I also own the Mango alternative FWI.

Some thoughts.

On the size: I probably could have sized up to an extra large, but this is completely wearable for me. And I think it looks less blousy in the large, fitted without being too tight. The sleeves are perfect for me. It's short, but no shorter than the one Craig wears, judging from the set pictures from NTTD. The shoulders are a little snug, but fortunately not constricting. All in all, I'd say it fits nicely. My wife said she wouldn't want it any looser on me. But probably most people who are my size will find it safer going with the XL.

On the fabric: To me the linen/cotton blend is noticeably more luxurious than the Mango. The texture and contrasting colors are much more complex and interesting in person. The Mango looks like a solid navy overshirt by comparison. The designer is a fashion house not a mass-market brand. And I think it shows.

On the price: Because I live in the States, I didn't have to pay the VAT. That makes a difference here, I realize. Like everyone I wish Connolly hadn't raised the price. On the other hand, this cost me about as much as a Tom Ford dress shirt and less than the OB safari jacket. Value, especially as it relates to the luxury clothes worn by James Bond, is such a subjective thing. We all have different thresholds. Either buy it or don't buy it. Just don't grouse about it. That's my belief in any case.

On the buttons: They're black(ish). But I don't care about SA details. I know that puts me in the minority here.

Last edited by Cheverian (1st Apr 2020 19:42)

Mattia De Varti wrote:
bondfan10 wrote:
Mattia De Varti wrote:

A member earlier on in this thread had posted this one:
https://i.postimg.cc/fJ7MJPYd/IMG-2207.jpg

bondfan10 wrote:
Mattia De Varti wrote:
bondfan10 wrote:

Looks like cords to me

Cg23 wrote:
bondfan10 wrote:
Mattia De Varti wrote:

Looks like cords to me

Oh, it's that one!
Yes, they definitely look like chinos or dark corduroy, maybe. Apparently it's not the same garment worn with the RGT jacket in the garage.

Mattia De Varti wrote:
Cg23 wrote:
bondfan10 wrote:

Looks like cords to me

Oh, it's that one!
Yes, they definitely look like chinos or dark corduroy, maybe. Apparently it's not the same garment worn with the RGT jacket in the garage.

Post 3271 in this thread by Ferinstal has what you're looking for.

I will concur with Cheverian on most points with his review. I do wish the buttons were a lighter color, more for aesthetics than screen accuracy.

I could have gone up to an XL, and would prefer it for the length and extra shoulder room. However the increase in chest size would probably require it to be darted in the back. Still, I don't know whether to exchange for an XL after the issues MikeG77 has with his XL. His shoulder/sleeve total length is less than mine.

Buttoned, the sleeves are just long enough. The shoulders are a bit constricting when buttoned but no worse than a couple leather jackets I've owned. The length goes just to the bottom of the belt line should I wear traditional waist pants. Low rise is out of the question with this jacket. I'd mostly wear this jacket either unbuttoned or with just a single button. I'm not surprised if Daniel Craig wore a tailored XL just for the shoulder room.

I won't be able to use the drawstring, but that's not an issue since I don't like that feature anyway.

https://i.postimg.cc/gxGVv7jR/Connolly-Front.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/5XkX6KCf/Connolly-Side.jpg

you can see the Connolly in action here: https://youtu.be/T97QKGfhcFk?t=162

even DC has plenty of room in it and the jacket looks kind of short on him which looks good in him in my eyes, maybe its just an unusual look for someone who doesn't wear blouson-jackets
I can imagine that this jacket will develope his full comfort when you are in in the summer-heat (one, at least me, will appreciate the shortness then)
thinking about to put some more sa buttons on it (its not only my it-must-be-sa-the-devil-is-in-the-details-mind, but I think its just looks much much better with the other ones, it matches way better with the structure of the jacket) but the Connolly-brand is is missing then, hopefully they will sent new ones

do I have to contact them to receove the garment bag and extra buttons? or do they ship them anyway?

Last edited by Noi (1st Apr 2020 22:56)

Noi wrote:

you can see the Connolly in action here: https://youtu.be/T97QKGfhcFk?t=162

even DC has plenty of room in it and the jacket looks kind of short on him which looks good in him in my eyes, maybe its just an unusual look for someone who doesn't wear blouson-jackets
I can imagine that this jacket will develope his full comfort when you are in in the summer-heat (one, at least me, will appreciate the shortness then)
thinking about to put some more sa buttons on it (its not only my it-must-be-sa-the-devil-is-in-the-details-mind, but I think its just looks much much better with the other ones, it matches way better with the structure of the jacket) but the Connolly-brand is is missing then, hopefully they will sent new ones

do I have to contact them to receove the garment bag and extra buttons? or do they ship them anyway?

From my contact with Maximos they will contact us when the garment bags and extra buttons are ready for shipping.

Could someone with a better computer than me try and zoom in on the boots and clean up the picture a little?
Perhaps there are better pictures of the boots out there, not sure?

I "may" have identified them...
disclaimer: it's a bit of a stretch, but if it's what I think it is, it would make sense.