5,876

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

apple8 wrote:

I maybe wrong but it seems the rum is the same and they are charging £10 extra for the bottle.

Probably. You can always refill the bottle.

5,877

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Connolly has now two "inspired by" Giubbinos in stock, a wool and a corduroy version for colder weather

https://www.connollyengland.com/product … -navy-grey

https://www.connollyengland.com/product … -navy-grey

has someone who has ordered the Connolly-Shirt become a confirmation? I was on the list and they told me to send the money but I haven't heart nothing from them since then

Last edited by Noi (20th Oct 2020 01:56)

5,878

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Noi wrote:

has someone who has ordered the Connolly-Shirt become an confirmation? I was on the list and they told me to send the money but I haven't heart nothing from them since then

Yes.. took a couple emails and an instagram message to chase them down, then I got a reply with confirmation they got the payment. Not the smoothest experience, but hopefully the rest of the process (production and shipping) will go smoother..

5,879

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

https://i.postimg.cc/B8TvLcvR/FD0-FF81-B-21-D9-4-B7-C-8798-EF3-BD5-AC97-B3.png
Perth mint released these today. I bought Casino Royale and Q of S as they are my favourite posters

Anthony

5,880

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Cheverian wrote:
Noi wrote:
Royale-les-Eaux wrote:

Am I going mad or do these look like *another* pair of sunglasses? They don't look round...

https://i.postimg.cc/cLpcmcFW/more-sunglasses.jpg



Yes, the waxed cap would seem like the perfect choice given the jacket. But the mouth at the back is too small and the strap too broad for any of the Barbour caps I could see. DC might have a funny shaped head or it could be a tailored Barbour...

the sunglasses (and the shirt) are still a mystery to me. On the production photos in Norway, it actually looks like the Vuarnet Edge 1613 (Gliders), but the glasses here look more like the Vuarnet 1615, I actually wanted to contact Vuarnet whether they provided the 1615 also, but I had always forgotten it
https://i.postimg.cc/XrfM9X8R/Vuarnet.pnghttps://i.postimg.cc/f3DGCZqJ/Vuarnet2.jpg

They look much more suitable for everyday use than the 1613 in my eyes
https://i.postimg.cc/yDPQVRn8/3.jpg

I'm pretty certain the shirt is the Connolly Finnamore.

In terms of the sunglasses, I decided to buy the 1615s after trying the round ones (which made me look ridiculous). The 1615s are simply badass. They have everything great about the 1613s but in a style you can actually wear. Only Bond obsessives will notice that they're "wrong." You'll probably look a lot better, though, than if you went with the round ones. Few faces can pull those off. Craig barely does IMO.

Could those sunglasses possibly be the Barton Perreira Courtier?

5,881

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

My standard Joes just arrived! So glad that I held out for the non-branded version. And I can't thank the guys from Chakshu for sorting them out.

https://i.postimg.cc/CnjdMGW0/IMG-9736.jpg


https://i.postimg.cc/FkmNZ2Bt/IMG-0039.jpg

Cheers, Christmas has come early...

Noi wrote:
apple8 wrote:

Just ordered the last medium Max2 belt on Mr Porter, they wasn’t on there the other day so sold out quick.

Anyone received Standard Joe sunglasses from Chakshu yet? I preordered in December and their website still says Expected August 20!

I preordered the Standard Joes  from them too and havent received mine yet so I contacted Chakshu last week ans asked if they have any information, this was their response:

"Yes, we have heard from them! The Barton Perreira Sales Director informed us that the sunglasses left from the US to Italy last Friday. They will need to go through customs, which can take a week or so. Once they have them in the warehouse in Italy, we generally will receive them within a week. We are very hopeful that we will have them soon.

We are so sorry you have been waiting for so long! Due to Covid-19 the factories in Japan were working at a reduced capacity, so there was a delay in Barton Perreira receiving them."

Fingers crossed for shipping before Christmas

5,882

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Meesta Bawnd wrote:

My standard Joes just arrived! So glad that I held out for the non-branded version. And I can't thank the guys from Chakshu for sorting them out.

https://i.postimg.cc/CnjdMGW0/IMG-9736.jpg


https://i.postimg.cc/FkmNZ2Bt/IMG-0039.jpg

Cheers, Christmas has come early...

Noi wrote:
apple8 wrote:

Just ordered the last medium Max2 belt on Mr Porter, they wasn’t on there the other day so sold out quick.

Anyone received Standard Joe sunglasses from Chakshu yet? I preordered in December and their website still says Expected August 20!

I preordered the Standard Joes  from them too and havent received mine yet so I contacted Chakshu last week ans asked if they have any information, this was their response:

"Yes, we have heard from them! The Barton Perreira Sales Director informed us that the sunglasses left from the US to Italy last Friday. They will need to go through customs, which can take a week or so. Once they have them in the warehouse in Italy, we generally will receive them within a week. We are very hopeful that we will have them soon.

We are so sorry you have been waiting for so long! Due to Covid-19 the factories in Japan were working at a reduced capacity, so there was a delay in Barton Perreira receiving them."

Fingers crossed for shipping before Christmas

Blair

Glad you liked them, as far as you know is the only difference the branding on the arms ? thanks

5,883

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Yes- as far as I'm aware. I just couldn't bring myself to have the 007 logo, however discrete, on a pair of sunglasses. So I'm so glad that Barton Perreira agreed to make more in standard guise for us sticklers!


Thomo wrote:
Meesta Bawnd wrote:

My standard Joes just arrived! So glad that I held out for the non-branded version. And I can't thank the guys from Chakshu for sorting them out.

https://i.postimg.cc/CnjdMGW0/IMG-9736.jpg


https://i.postimg.cc/FkmNZ2Bt/IMG-0039.jpg

Cheers, Christmas has come early...

Noi wrote:

I preordered the Standard Joes  from them too and havent received mine yet so I contacted Chakshu last week ans asked if they have any information, this was their response:

"Yes, we have heard from them! The Barton Perreira Sales Director informed us that the sunglasses left from the US to Italy last Friday. They will need to go through customs, which can take a week or so. Once they have them in the warehouse in Italy, we generally will receive them within a week. We are very hopeful that we will have them soon.

We are so sorry you have been waiting for so long! Due to Covid-19 the factories in Japan were working at a reduced capacity, so there was a delay in Barton Perreira receiving them."

Fingers crossed for shipping before Christmas

Blair

Glad you liked them, as far as you know is the only difference the branding on the arms ? thanks

5,884

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Meesta Bawnd wrote:

Yes- as far as I'm aware. I just couldn't bring myself to have the 007 logo, however discrete, on a pair of sunglasses. So I'm so glad that Barton Perreira agreed to make more in standard guise for us sticklers!


Thomo wrote:
Meesta Bawnd wrote:

My standard Joes just arrived! So glad that I held out for the non-branded version. And I can't thank the guys from Chakshu for sorting them out.

https://i.postimg.cc/CnjdMGW0/IMG-9736.jpg


https://i.postimg.cc/FkmNZ2Bt/IMG-0039.jpg

Cheers, Christmas has come early...

Blair

Glad you liked them, as far as you know is the only difference the branding on the arms ? thanks


Thanks Blair - and sorry did your order directly from them or from a UK supplier - thanks

5,885

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

I ordered them from Chakshu, who have been brilliant.

Thomo wrote:
Meesta Bawnd wrote:

Yes- as far as I'm aware. I just couldn't bring myself to have the 007 logo, however discrete, on a pair of sunglasses. So I'm so glad that Barton Perreira agreed to make more in standard guise for us sticklers!


Thomo wrote:

Blair

Glad you liked them, as far as you know is the only difference the branding on the arms ? thanks


Thanks Blair - and sorry did your order directly from them or from a UK supplier - thanks

5,886

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Thanks for the tip Blair, ordered mine, they only had 3 pairs left so going fast I think. Cheers for your help

5,887

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

No worries. They look great, and feel extremely well made and totally "the money"!

5,888

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Hello all, to save me trawling through the threads, has the weapon belt Bond wears with the N Peal woolly pully been identified yet? I seem to recall the thigh weapon holster was ID’d, is this the same manufacturer? Thanks in advance!

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

5,889

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

My Joes came today as well from Chakshu, I had the same hand written note as Blair, 10 months to arrive but they are fantastic, shame there’s no sun now!

5,890

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Looks like Adidas has cancelled the Bond sneakers again? Was just looking at their “release dates” site and the shoe no longer shows up there.

5,891

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

i have my BP Joes from Chaksu arrived yesterday, fantastic service.

5,892

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Bennett and Winch SC Holdall

Hi all i just wondered other than David (Bond Experience) has anyone else got the bag. If so how are they getting on with it, my concern is the bag big enough for me to travel to a military base for a course lasting 2 weeks. Need uniform which will go in the suit bag, then my Naval jumper, shoes, sports kit including trainers wash bag, towel and some t shirts. Any reviews will be greatly appreciated.

5,893

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

shilton125 wrote:

Bennett and Winch SC Holdall

Hi all i just wondered other than David (Bond Experience) has anyone else got the bag. If so how are they getting on with it, my concern is the bag big enough for me to travel to a military base for a course lasting 2 weeks. Need uniform which will go in the suit bag, then my Naval jumper, shoes, sports kit including trainers wash bag, towel and some t shirts. Any reviews will be greatly appreciated.

I have this bag, and I think it would be a bit small for two weeks, unless you're planning on doing laundry a few times. I can pack a suit, shoes, shirts, dopp kit, trousers, blouson, to last at most 5 days.

5,894

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

shilton125 wrote:

Bennett and Winch SC Holdall

Hi all i just wondered other than David (Bond Experience) has anyone else got the bag. If so how are they getting on with it, my concern is the bag big enough for me to travel to a military base for a course lasting 2 weeks. Need uniform which will go in the suit bag, then my Naval jumper, shoes, sports kit including trainers wash bag, towel and some t shirts. Any reviews will be greatly appreciated.

No. It’s too small.  It’s actually not that useful and tries to fit a niche that isn’t really there.  Exceptionally well made and a concept that appears very useful at first glance.  But when travelling, your suit gets the brunt of the knocks and drops and is a crease magnet as it isn’t kept as stabile as it would be inside a garment bag, suitcase, or even correctly folded inside a weekend bag. Bit of a gimmick really, OK for a casual wool blazer or sports jacket, but it’s really awful for a suit or jacket that creases easily.

Last edited by Asp9mm (22nd Oct 2020 06:31)

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

5,895

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Are the possible Palladium boots the ones seen in the motorcycle movie poster??

5,896

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Ok, so I just received three pairs of boots...

I like the Chocolate, and it could be them. The Burnt Ombré, I had high hopes for, but in the event, it’s a hard pass, just too orangey. I’m keeping the Major Brown ... although to be honest, they look more like khaki to me. But they fit a gap in my wardrobe, so happy to have an ‘inspired by’....

Regarding size, I went for my normal European size - out of the box, I thought they were going to be way too small, but in the end, they were fine, I guess it’s just the way they look...

Pictured on top of the RGT for color comparison...


https://i.postimg.cc/8j35Pvnr/2-CC3-B8-C8-D4-F8-4813-A21-D-B756-CCBDF591.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/w1mBtBS4/936-B022-C-4-F6-D-4923-A63-A-69-A403-B27256.jpg

5,897

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Think you've got most bases covered there. Surely it must be one of them.. ajb007/frown

"Any of the opposition around..?"

5,898

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Technically, the palladium's could also be "Sunrise" or "forged iron".

It's a complete shot in the dark. Impossible to tell by the photos.

5,899

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

And of course, the boots might never even be shown in the film, depending upon the angle of the shot(s). Just because we see the boots in the trailer doesn't mean we will have a look at them in the edited movie. Not every shot in a trailer makes it into the finished film.

I bought the C&J Radnors for Spectre because they appeared clearly in a promotional still and as part of the official movie line.

But in the film Bond shows up at Mr. White's house wearing the Danners! We never see the Radnors at all in Spectre.

5,900

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Yeah forgot about the Radnors not appearing - I was very close to buying them at the time.   I think you only see him wearing them in the book photography inside Mr Whites house (Pinewood I presume).    Guess he didnt pack them when going to Austria  ajb007/smile

Instagram - bondclothes007