76

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

And hurry - McQueen died at 50.

77

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:

And hurry - McQueen died at 50.

Let's say three years from now at his death anniversary.
The thread is going off the beaten track. I'd encourage everyone to focus on the topic in hand.

a reasonable rate of return

78

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Also curious what tie width's and designs we'll be getting this time, I would love to see Bond in a skinny black knit tie again.

@ddspike21

79

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

I believe they will be 3" ties and with a very light pattern such as a hounds toothe (very common with TF right now) or check.

Although TF also has a large amount of knit ties in the collection lately.

Best,
Stefan

80

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Would be nice to see a Sunspel polo shirt again, but a light blue one for a change.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1051/4084/products/Riviera_Sky_Blue_Front_grande.jpg?v=1464366435

81

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

In my opinion Tom Ford is one of the most overpriced fashion brands.
Yes, his clothes are manufactured in Italy, the quality is excellent and he uses the finest garnments and that certainly justified a certain price but with a few exceptions Tom Ford is still massively overpriced.
There are diamonds in his collection like the navy blue buttonless v neck polo that Daniel Craig wears in Spectre and used to cost 450 $ before the movie which I believe is justified if you factor in the creativity and uniquness of that kind of a polo shirt.
But looking at his collection in general 3/4 of it is uncreative uninspired average stuff that is so overpriced that he probalbly only sells it because it boosts rich peoples egos to have the Tom Ford label in it.

Last edited by Daniel Bond (1st Sep 2017 20:39)

82

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Daniel Bond wrote:

In my opinion Tom Ford is one of the most overpriced fashion brands.
Yes, his clothes are manufactured in Italy, the quality is excellent and he uses the finest garnments and that certainly justified a certain price but with a few exceptions Tom Ford is still massively overpriced.
There are diamonds in his collection like the navy blue buttonless v neck polo that Daniel Craig wears in Spectre and used to cost 450 $ before the movie which I believe is justified if you factor in the creativity and uniquness of that kind of a polo shirt.
But looking at his collection in general 3/4 of it is uncreative uninspired average stuff that is so overpriced that he probalbly only sells it because it boosts rich peoples egos to have the Tom Ford label in it.

It may be a but overpriced, but it's certainly not average. Most of Tom Ford's clothes are considerably different from the average clothes out there, in both quality and style.

83

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Matt S wrote:
Daniel Bond wrote:

In my opinion Tom Ford is one of the most overpriced fashion brands.
Yes, his clothes are manufactured in Italy, the quality is excellent and he uses the finest garnments and that certainly justified a certain price but with a few exceptions Tom Ford is still massively overpriced.
There are diamonds in his collection like the navy blue buttonless v neck polo that Daniel Craig wears in Spectre and used to cost 450 $ before the movie which I believe is justified if you factor in the creativity and uniquness of that kind of a polo shirt.
But looking at his collection in general 3/4 of it is uncreative uninspired average stuff that is so overpriced that he probalbly only sells it because it boosts rich peoples egos to have the Tom Ford label in it.

It may be a bit overpriced, but it's certainly not average. Most of Tom Ford's clothes are considerably different from the average clothes out there, in both quality and style.

ajb007/cheers but it is plenty overpriced.
Money no issue, I'd definitely buy some TF pieces.

a reasonable rate of return

84

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Dirty Punker wrote:
Matt S wrote:
Daniel Bond wrote:

In my opinion Tom Ford is one of the most overpriced fashion brands.
Yes, his clothes are manufactured in Italy, the quality is excellent and he uses the finest garnments and that certainly justified a certain price but with a few exceptions Tom Ford is still massively overpriced.
There are diamonds in his collection like the navy blue buttonless v neck polo that Daniel Craig wears in Spectre and used to cost 450 $ before the movie which I believe is justified if you factor in the creativity and uniquness of that kind of a polo shirt.
But looking at his collection in general 3/4 of it is uncreative uninspired average stuff that is so overpriced that he probalbly only sells it because it boosts rich peoples egos to have the Tom Ford label in it.

It may be a bit overpriced, but it's certainly not average. Most of Tom Ford's clothes are considerably different from the average clothes out there, in both quality and style.

ajb007/cheers but it is plenty overpriced.
Money no issue, I'd definitely buy some TF pieces.

The Tom Ford suits are reasonably priced for what they are. The rest of the clothes are definitely overpriced. I don't understand how a polo shirt can cost so much. Sunspel shows what a top-of-the-line polo should cost.

85

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Matt S wrote:
Daniel Bond wrote:

...But looking at his collection in general 3/4 of it is uncreative uninspired average stuff...

It may be a but overpriced, but it's certainly not average. Most of Tom Ford's clothes are considerably different from the average clothes out there, in both quality and style.

I didn't mean average in general but average compared to other premium brands.

Last edited by Daniel Bond (2nd Sep 2017 11:04)

86

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Daniel Bond wrote:
Matt S wrote:
Daniel Bond wrote:

...But looking at his collection in general 3/4 of it is uncreative uninspired average stuff...

It may be a but overpriced, but it's certainly not average. Most of Tom Ford's clothes are considerably different from the average clothes out there, in both quality and style.

I didn't mean average in general but average compared to other premium brands.

Out of interest what other brands would you classify as premium?

The most expensive clothing items I have are usually related to Bond (TF, BC, N.Peal, C&J) so don't dip into others brands with a high price tag.

87

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

kadd wrote:
Daniel Bond wrote:
Matt S wrote:

It may be a but overpriced, but it's certainly not average. Most of Tom Ford's clothes are considerably different from the average clothes out there, in both quality and style.

I didn't mean average in general but average compared to other premium brands.

Out of interest what other brands would you classify as premium?

The most expensive clothing items I have are usually related to Bond (TF, BC, N.Peal, C&J) so don't dip into others brands with a high price tag.

Alright, I will go more into detail to explain what I mean.
As an example let's take this navy blue crewneck cashmere sweater from Tom Ford for 1300 $:

https://i1.adis.ws/i/tom_ford/TFK310-BNK66_B08NVY_OS_A?$large$

http://www.tomford.com/classic-cashmere … VY#start=1

If you compare the Tom Ford one to a navy blue crewneck cashmere sweater from N. Peal for 300 $
I can't see what sets the Tom Ford one apart to justify the 1000 $ extra compared to the N. Peal.
Maybe that's why Tom Ford serves champaign in his stores. To alter the reasoning ability of his customers in the shop.

The N. Peal one instead is worth the price in my opinion. Why?
First of all cashmere is expensive. But why pay 300 $ if you can get cashmere sweaters for 100 $ nowadays?
Mainly because it is 100 % real cashmere. On the label of 100 $ cashmere sweaters it also says 100 % cashmere but a substantial amount of them are a fraud !
There is much more cashmere being sold than is being produced ! Just like there is much more olive oil being sold than is being produced. That means it is fraud involved. How does it work?
A substantial amount of wool sold as 100 % cashmere is in fact cashmere mixed with regular wool.
That's why some cashmere sweaters are itchy and others are not.
The fiber length also plays a part. If the fibers are long the pilling tendency is low.
Then there are different cashmere qualities depending on the diameter of the fiber. You can judge the quality by the softness of the sweater.
Then N. Peal offers a wide varitey of colors some of which are special and N. Peal also offers a bespoke service.

So why pay 1000 $ extra for a Tom Ford one if you can get basically the same from N. Peal for 1000 $ less?
Just to have the Tom Ford label in it?

Of course if you are a collector that's something else.

Last edited by Daniel Bond (2nd Sep 2017 13:52)

88

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

I don't think I ever really complained about Ford's prices except for the Spectre polo, but I wasn't going to get it anyway so it didn't matter. Ford's clothes aren't marketed towards the average joe so there will naturally be an element of unattainability about the brand. To me it just coincides with Bond as a sort of unattainable fantasy character, so I just accept the pricing and go "well if I want to really dress like Bond....". And Tom Ford's shirts, products (Snowden's aside) and services are second to none to me so it's worth the very steep prices.

@ddspike21

89

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

In regard to Tom Ford, I think that there is a misunderstanding as to how incredible some of his pieces really are.

I have worn Kiton, Brioni, Cucinelli, RLPL, RLBL, Oxxford, etc. and the suits that he sells are on a different level. Every item I have purchased from that brand is the best in whatever category it falls under.

Best knitwear and I have owned several Smedley and N.Peal pieces.
Best dress shirts, have owned Eton, RLPL, RLBL, Cucinelli, etc.
Best ties, have owned Drake, Kiton, Zegna, RLPL, and Brioni

I have not tried his jean, however they are not unreal in price compared to other selvage jeans. I have not bought his shoes, I like what I have.

Sure, all of the prices are uncomfortably high to some. It really all depends on your lifestyle, does Brad Pitt care about spending $1000 on a pair of Private Collection sunglasses, no probably doesn't think twice.

This point of Tom Ford quality vs. price has been brought up countless times and it will continue so I guess this post was unnecessary.

Best,
Stefan

90

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Stefan,

Dirty Punker wrote:

Money no issue, I'd definitely buy some most of the pieces.

There is no dispute that TF's quality is impeccable, it just sits uncomfortably high for some of us.
Best,
Andrew

a reasonable rate of return

91

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

I've had a great week with deals on some of the Bond brands. Today I picked up a brand new Tom Ford cashmere top that on the US website  seems to be on sale for over $1400 for £150 here in the UK. The quality is exquisite.

I also picked up an Orlebar Brown Malone shirt for £35 in the sale along with a free OBs around the world t-shirt. Earlier in the week I received a Sunspel Riviera for £34 in the sale  ajb007/martini

I'd like to see all three brands in Bond 25.

Yes. Considerably!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukey_sparrow/

92

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Depending on the type of movie we get I'd like to see a return of the island type clothing from Casino Royale bahamas or older movies. Linen, polos and other relaxed items. Might be a nice change from the more tightly buttoned up Spectre looks.

Last edited by HLD (7th Sep 2017 07:06)

93

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

HLD wrote:

Depending on the type of movie we get I'd like to see a return of the island type clothing from Casino Royale bahamas or older movies. Linen, polos and other relaxed items. Might be a nice change from the more tightly buttoned up Spectre looks.

I second this however why not throw him in some smart looking shorts for a change of pace.  If the rumor and innuendo is true about the upcoming storyline there would be room to see him in a more relaxed setting.

94

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

It's time for Navy uniform.

"Bond, James Bond"

95

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

ml94 wrote:

It's time for Navy uniform.

ajb007/martini

https://s26.postimg.cc/qenmay5eh/IMG_1101.jpg

96

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

nafets47 wrote:

In regard to Tom Ford, I think that there is a misunderstanding as to how incredible some of his pieces really are.

I have worn Kiton, Brioni, Cucinelli, RLPL, RLBL, Oxxford, etc. and the suits that he sells are on a different level. Every item I have purchased from that brand is the best in whatever category it falls under.

Best knitwear and I have owned several Smedley and N.Peal pieces.
Best dress shirts, have owned Eton, RLPL, RLBL, Cucinelli, etc.
Best ties, have owned Drake, Kiton, Zegna, RLPL, and Brioni

I have not tried his jean, however they are not unreal in price compared to other selvage jeans. I have not bought his shoes, I like what I have.

Sure, all of the prices are uncomfortably high to some. It really all depends on your lifestyle, does Brad Pitt care about spending $1000 on a pair of Private Collection sunglasses, no probably doesn't think twice.

This point of Tom Ford quality vs. price has been brought up countless times and it will continue so I guess this post was unnecessary.

Best,
Stefan

Thank you for your insight.
Real life experience beats all theory !

97

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

I just read an interview with Babs regarding her most recent non-Bond Project ("Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool"), and the article mentioned that Jany Temime was the costume designer on the film. Obviously the director is going to have some say, but my money is on Temime being in the mix for B25, especially given Babs' statement in the article that (paraphrasing) she thinks it's important  to have as many women as possible working on her films.

98

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

I'm guessing those reports earlier this year of Jamie Bell being the next Bond after being seen dining with Babs have more to do with this film than they do of him being the next Bond. Thank goodness.

Babs was in Toronto last night at TIFF while DC is in Toronto tonight for TIFF. I'm hoping they found time for a chat and some solid planning.

99

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

I would expect Jany to be back for Bond 25, makes sense since they have a successful history with her now.

@ddspike21

100

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

walther p99 wrote:

I would expect Jany to be back for Bond 25, makes sense since they have a successful history with her now.

Right. Lindy Hemming worked with four different directors, so we have modern precedent for it.