6,601

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Matt S wrote:

Someone, I work in marketing. While I don’t know much about film marketing, I can say that the way consumers take in advertising has changed a lot over the past decade. There is a lot more noise out there than ever before. There are more direct ways to target consumers than ever before and cheaper ways of getting to them that could be more effective than traditional methods.

Perhaps this time around they have marketed by getting buzz in the press. There has been a lot in the tabloids. They have been getting people to post on social media to get buzz. Getting others to talk about the film rather than EON directly may be their strategy for now because it’s much cheaper than a teaser campaign, and it may possibly be more effective. It’s still too early for the big push, especially since Christmas is not the ideal time of year for Bond billboards.

It is true there has been a lot in the tabloids, but a lot of it has been 'woke Bond' negative coverage, but I guess all publicity is good publicity.

The Matera filming generated a huge amount of social media buzz but that was only for September really.

I think the parody Twitter account, EON employee (not me BTW), says a lot about how people feel, that not enough is being done, and there's been odd stuff like the Casino Royale NTTD teaser only appearing on some regional Universal Pictures Facebook pages and not Twitter, for example.

I only want this to be DC's last film, not THE last film. And I don't want another 5-year hiatus because NTTD does bad box office.

Looking on the bright side, I guess with Universal getting media coverage like this, they must know what they're doing marketing wise.
https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/09/30 … an-disney/

6,602

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

I wouldn't be so sure that Universal (or MGM or EON) knows  what it's doing. William Goldman's adage that Hollywood is a place "where nobody knows anything" still holds true.

6,603

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/no-time-to … ase-191127

Could this be the light at the end of the tunnel? Guess we’ll find out in a week!

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com

6,604

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

HowardB wrote:

More convinced than ever that there will be an "Exclusive IMAX only" teaser dropped with the Star Wars film which will be huge. Also, don't forget this is the first Bond film to actually be partially filmed in IMAX 70mm so I am sure they will be ballyhooing that aspect. Broad release teaser trailer after New Years and I'm still going out on a limb here and thinking that they will pony up for a full massive "exclusive" trailer during the Super Bowl.

I think that honor now goes to Tenet. ajb007/smile

Yes. Consssssiderably.

6,605

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

JET007 wrote:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/no-time-to … ase-191127

Could this be the light at the end of the tunnel? Guess we’ll find out in a week!

If this is true, there could be a BBFC approval online imminently. Three of DC's films have had BBFC approvals for teasers before they were dropped.

MI6-hq.com claimed that the teaser was imminently to be released sometime ago, and it has also made other claims about the filming which turned out to be wrong.

I'm also amazed at the Instagram leak claim. I find it hard to believe anything leaked on social media for any length of time would not get distributed widely quickly.

6,606

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

At The Other Place AJB007 user Marketto007 has found that Good Morning America will have DC, Lea and Rami on their show on 4 December. I'd imagine that is a strong indicator that the teaser will drop then.

Find the GMA event ticket webpage here proving DC, Malek and Seyduox are on the show;
https://1iota.com/Event/69567/Request

Notice they are calling it Bond day. The show runs from 7am to 9am Eastern coast time. I'd imagine the trailer won't be shown until just before 9am and the previous two hours will be clips of DC's other Bond films, some NTTD production b-roll and interviews with each of the three cast members and then them all together.

6,607

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Someone wrote:

At The Other Place AJB007 user Marketto007 has found that Good Morning America will have DC, Lea and Rami on their show on 4 December. I'd imagine that is a strong indicator that the teaser will drop then.

Find the GMA event ticket webpage here proving DC, Malek and Seyduox are on the show;
https://1iota.com/Event/69567/Request

Notice they are calling it Bond day. The show runs from 7am to 9am Eastern coast time. I'd imagine the trailer won't be shown until just before 9am and the previous two hours will be clips of DC's other Bond films, some NTTD production b-roll and interviews with each of the three cast members and then them all together.

THAT's exciting! I still wanna hold out for seeing the trailer for the first time on the big screen, but it's great to really know that day isn't too far away at this point!

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com

6,608

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

armenianmovieman wrote:
HowardB wrote:

More convinced than ever that there will be an "Exclusive IMAX only" teaser dropped with the Star Wars film which will be huge. Also, don't forget this is the first Bond film to actually be partially filmed in IMAX 70mm so I am sure they will be ballyhooing that aspect. Broad release teaser trailer after New Years and I'm still going out on a limb here and thinking that they will pony up for a full massive "exclusive" trailer during the Super Bowl.

I think that honor now goes to Tenet. ajb007/smile

The Tenet teaser trailer dropped back in late August. Tenet, like Dunkirk, was almost entirely filmed in IMAX 70mm so it's a major release for the IMAX brand of which Nolan is closely associated. There's nothing to stop them from having more than one exclusive to IMAX theaters trailers either. That being said, with the announcement that Craig and Company are hitting the chat/news show circuit 12/5 it would seem logical that a teaser might hit screens around that time.

6,609

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

According to Collider, in this article here:
https://collider.com/no-time-to-die-tra … ease-date/

Craig, Malek, Lynch, Seydoux and Fukanaga are due to be on ABC's Good Morning America on wed 5th of Dec. Presumbably a teaser trailer has dropped by then.
ajb007/martini

“The scent and smoke and sweat of a casino are nauseating at three in the morning. "
-Casino Royale, Ian Fleming

6,610

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Is it December 4 or 5?

Star Wars episode 9 teaser dropped on april 12 while the GMA special dropped april 19, so it wouldn't be unheard of for the trailer to drop a week before, or... TOMORROW at the earliest, if GMA is on the 5th.

Just that i remember seeing the Spectre GMA at the gym, and distinctly recall that it wasn't unveiling the teaser. That had already dropped.

Last edited by Shatterfang (28th Nov 2019 04:08)

6,611

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Shatterfang wrote:

Is it December 4 or 5?

Star Wars episode 9 teaser dropped on april 12 while the GMA special dropped april 19, so it wouldn't be unheard of for the trailer to drop a week before, or... TOMORROW at the earliest, if GMA is on the 5th.

Just that i remember seeing the Spectre GMA at the gym, and distinctly recall that it wasn't unveiling the teaser. That had already dropped.

The article says the 4th. If you scroll up four posts you can find the link to the GMA ticket webpage which says its the 4th also.

Interesting point about the teaser having dropped before a GMA appearance by cast. Still nothing on the BBFC website.

Fukunaga and Lashana Lynch will also be on GMA with DC and Lea and Malek.
https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/shows/goo … -releases/

Last edited by Someone (28th Nov 2019 07:31)

6,612

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

'Knives Out' Star Ana de Armas on Declining to Audition and 'Bond' Chemistry with Daniel Craig
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- … st-1258369

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | LetterBoxd | YouTube

6,613

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Red_Snow wrote:

'Knives Out' Star Ana de Armas on Declining to Audition and 'Bond' Chemistry with Daniel Craig
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- … st-1258369

Just watched Knives out, and they do indeed have good chemistry.
DC gives a good performance (quite indulgently theatrical in places) , but the accent is quite distracting , as it just felt like it was Bond undercover  ajb007/lol

6,614

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

I wonder if we'll get 2-days notice like with the Spectre teaser trailer? If we do, the 4 Dec. drop could be confirmed on Monday 2 Dec.  ajb007/smile

Spectre two days to go tweet
https://twitter.com/007/status/580821356671033345?s=20

Spectre teaser tomorrow tweet.
https://twitter.com/007/status/581138560545329152?s=20

I wonder why they released it so late GMT time on the 27th? Does this mean the NTTD teaser will actually drop on the night of the 3 December at 11.45pm GMT? Could we get a first countdown tweet on Sunday?!

6,615

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Do we know if Norway is Norway yet? Or doubling for another country?

I really hope it is Norway, bond has never been and I'm all for bond going to countries he's never been to on film before.

1 - Avtak, 2 - Op, 3 - Ltk, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Ohmss, 7 - Sf, 8 - Dn, 9 - Ge, 10 - Daf, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tswlm, 13 - Mr, 14 - Tld, 15 - Yolt, 16 - Sp, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Qos, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Twine, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

6,616

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

ajb007/martini  ajb007/lol

6,617

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Jarvio wrote:

Do we know if Norway is Norway yet? Or doubling for another country?

I really hope it is Norway, bond has never been and I'm all for bond going to countries he's never been to on film before.

Maybe it's doubling for Italy  ajb007/tongue

6,618

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Someone wrote:

I wonder if we'll get 2-days notice like with the Spectre teaser trailer? If we do, the 4 Dec. drop could be confirmed on Monday 2 Dec.  ajb007/smile

Spectre two days to go tweet
https://twitter.com/007/status/580821356671033345?s=20

Spectre teaser tomorrow tweet.
https://twitter.com/007/status/581138560545329152?s=20

I wonder why they released it so late GMT time on the 27th? Does this mean the NTTD teaser will actually drop on the night of the 3 December at 11.45pm GMT? Could we get a first countdown tweet on Sunday?!

Did those trailers have certification on the BBFC website before the drop?

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

6,619

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Mr Martini wrote:
Someone wrote:

I wonder if we'll get 2-days notice like with the Spectre teaser trailer? If we do, the 4 Dec. drop could be confirmed on Monday 2 Dec.  ajb007/smile

Spectre two days to go tweet
https://twitter.com/007/status/580821356671033345?s=20

Spectre teaser tomorrow tweet.
https://twitter.com/007/status/581138560545329152?s=20

I wonder why they released it so late GMT time on the 27th? Does this mean the NTTD teaser will actually drop on the night of the 3 December at 11.45pm GMT? Could we get a first countdown tweet on Sunday?!

Did those trailers have certification on the BBFC website before the drop?

Yes, they did. I detail it in this post. Both films' teaser trailers were approved over a week before they dropped.
https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/961763/#p961763

Last edited by Someone (30th Nov 2019 09:49)

6,620

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Revs1972 wrote:
Red_Snow wrote:

'Knives Out' Star Ana de Armas on Declining to Audition and 'Bond' Chemistry with Daniel Craig
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- … st-1258369

Just watched Knives out, and they do indeed have good chemistry.
DC gives a good performance (quite indulgently theatrical in places) , but the accent is quite distracting , as it just felt like it was Bond undercover  ajb007/lol

Saw Knives Out today. Craig looked like he was having a great time chewing the scenery with his Foghorn Leghorn southern fried accent. Ana de Armas did a very nice job in the film and is a much better actress than I had assumed she was and should do well in NTTD. The film itself was a well crafted fun take-off on the classic Agatha Christie detective who done its and seeing Craig up there just wet my appetite for NTTD. It's interesting that de Armas in her interviews indicated that Craig was actually working out during the filming to prepare for Bond and Craig's face actually appears thinner in some scenes.

6,621

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Mr Martini wrote:
Someone wrote:

I wonder if we'll get 2-days notice like with the Spectre teaser trailer? If we do, the 4 Dec. drop could be confirmed on Monday 2 Dec.  ajb007/smile

Spectre two days to go tweet
https://twitter.com/007/status/580821356671033345?s=20

Spectre teaser tomorrow tweet.
https://twitter.com/007/status/581138560545329152?s=20

I wonder why they released it so late GMT time on the 27th? Does this mean the NTTD teaser will actually drop on the night of the 3 December at 11.45pm GMT? Could we get a first countdown tweet on Sunday?!

Did those trailers have certification on the BBFC website before the drop?

It's possible we'll get an Internet-only drop and the BBFC approval will arrive later.

It's highly likely it is a teaser drop on 4 December and not the full trailer as jamesbond.de claimed.

Skyfall's full trailer came out on 31 July, 87 days before its 26 October UK release date. Spectre and Quantum also had late July full trailer releases with late October UK release dates; three months before the films. Casino's full trailer was out 7 September, a little bit later, but only about three weeks after filming wrapped on 15 August; 200 days after its 27 January start.

For NTTD, 87 days before its 2 April release would be 6 January 2020. So, the 4 December would be the teaser trailer. There is a precedent for a teaser coming out one month before the first full trailer, Quantum of Solace. Its full trailer came out about four weeks after the teaser, on 28 July 2008.

Casino had about five weeks between the end of filming and the full trailer.

Quantum, six weeks between end of filming and the full trailer.

Skyfall, about eight weeks between end of filming and the full trailer.

Spectre, about two weeks between end of filming and the full trailer.

We are now five weeks since NTTD's 25 October end of fliming and an early January drop for the full trailer would be a further five weeks. Ten weeks to get the full trailer done. Hopefully that means a fantastic trailer.

It should be remembered that all of the previous films had late October release dates and bar Casino, which had an early September full trailer drop because it started filming later than the others, they all had late July full trailer releases. NTTD is in the strange situation of an April release and late April principal filming start.

Last edited by Someone (30th Nov 2019 12:43)

6,622

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Official bond trailer now on YouTube!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FSRz-4VF9Zk

Looks great from the short trailer

6,623

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

sunny01 wrote:

Official bond trailer now on YouTube!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FSRz-4VF9Zk

Looks great from the short trailer

Yea, you aren’t fooling anyone with that  ajb007/lol

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

6,624

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

sunny01 wrote:

Official bond trailer now on YouTube!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FSRz-4VF9Zk

Looks great from the short trailer

That is truly awful.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

6,625

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

sunny01 wrote:

Official bond trailer now on YouTube!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FSRz-4VF9Zk

Looks great from the short trailer

Nice try....but you blew it as soon as the Columbia Pictures logo popped up. Sony has no stake in NTTD. ajb007/lol