Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
Now that we have confirmation from the man himself, please discuss the much-anticipated film here.

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Anyone want to give a Best guess next announcement from EON around title, director etc?
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    The Mantis wrote:
    Anyone want to give a Best guess next announcement from EON around title, director etc?

A little birdie said September - hope it's true ;%
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Did the birdie talk about (Twitter :D) about the director, title or something else when it mentioned September?
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    BTW, I'd rather slash my wrists than read the twitter comments on Craig being back.
    Then again...those are the type of people who follow Stephen Colbert, so...
    a reasonable rate of return
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    It's been a while since I've posted anything on AJB007. I've just been happy to read other people's comments & soak up anything & everything about Bond past & present.
    My interest in BOND 25 was starting to wane (ever so slightly) due to all the ridiculous press speculation. Who would be Bond? Would it be Idris Elba, Tom Hiddleston or Uncle Tom Cobley & all? I was starting to not care - unforgivable as a lifel-long Bond fan. My irritation wasn't aimed at EON & Daniel Craig though. I respect their desire for a life outside 007. No, my patience was starting to wear thin with the press. But thankfully such stupid tabloid guff can be put to rest now we know Daniel Craig will return.
    I'm very happy to see him back. I've enjoyed all his Bonds (yes, even the much maligned QUANTUM OF SOLACE) & feel sure he'll deliver another exciting escapade.
    So what may BOND 25 entail? My wish-list: Christoph Waltz as Blofeld. Tilda Swinton as Irma Bunt. Cillian Murphy & Cara Delevingne as a pair of kinky hired killers. Emily Blunt as Gala Brand, a fellow double-o agent. And Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Ben Whishaw & Rory Kinnear as M, Moneypenny, Q & Tanner. I want chases, fights, near-death escapes, drama, wit, romance, style, sophistication & opulence. I want what the Bond team do better than anyone else.
    Of course, it's a sure bet most of my wish-list won't be delivered upon. But it's nice to dream.
    Clive Murphy and Cara Delevingne as a pair of assassins is an interesting idea. Both are very entertaining to watch and have an odd quality. Sort of a modern take on Wint and Kidd.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Clive Murphy and Cara Delevingne as a pair of assassins is an interesting idea. Both are very entertaining to watch and have an odd quality. Sort of a modern take on Wint and Kidd.
    I honestly wouldn't mind Cara Delevingne in a Bond film if her role was very minimal.
    Number24 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Did the birdie talk about (Twitter :D) about the director, title or something else when it mentioned September?

No, but the birdie also said 'Hiddleston,' so the only real bet for we uninformed is wait...with characteristic patience :D
    Number24 wrote:
    I honestly wouldn't mind Cara Delevingne in a Bond film if her role was very minimal.

To be honest Delevingne has more attitude and personality than acting skill, but I think it could work.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

To be honest Delevingne has more atitude and personality than acting skill, but I think it could work.
    Yeah that's exactly what I thought as well. She's very quirky and off-beat and in the right role, whichever that would be, could work.
    She is the opposite of a character actress. I'm not sure she can cry on command, but she could pull off a an interesting smile and quip after killing a man with a poisonous hair pin.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    edited August 2017
    Number24 wrote:
    She is the opposite of a character actress. I'm not sure she can cry on command, but she could pull off a an interesting smile and quip after killing a man with a poisonous hair pin.
    "What happened to you and Dr Tynen?"
    "We put a pin in that"
    a reasonable rate of return
    Another actress that age who would be interesting in a role like that would be Emma Watson...... No, come back! She really would!
    She is beautiful and cool, just like Cara Delevingne. But unlike her Emma Watson is a very skilled actress. Emma Watson as quirky assassin is casting against type, unlike Delevingne. But she can handle dark and complicated characters, just watch her in "Regression".
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    I think although much of us anticipated a Craig return there always is an air of uncertainty until solid confirmation ie 007.com.

Like most, im thrilled at his return and REALLY cannot wait for this one. Not only for the fact its a Bond film but because i think, like most of us do, it'll be his last. Unless ambitious rumours of a back to back Bond were to happen.

The script of course will be CRUCIAL but im really hoping it'll be a fitting finale for a proper Bond actor and one that hasn't just rebooted the popularity of the character commercially, but has been personally in my top 2 if not 3 actors to play the role.

He's been amazing in the role, although the comments after Spectre werent needed and i think a bit of a mistake in relation to the slitting his wrists comment. If we look over his tenure, its an undoubted success and if this is his last, then i will certainly be going to the Craig part of my Bond boxset when i want my rush of Bond.

He's to Craig's return chaps and like many i cant wait to follow the progress on the shoot, pictures to come of filming and the excitement of trailers, posters, theme's and opening night.

I have goosebumps at the coming months of excitement on build up.
    Paragraph over and out -{
  • BruceMurdockBruceMurdock OhioPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    I'm glad he's back. I couldn't be happier right now...well until Bond 25 comes out. :D
    "No for me."
    "You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
    "I never miss..."
    "Time to face gravity!"
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    The announcement of a new Bond film is always so exciting. It's the possibility that the next film could be the best Bond film in the series that always gets me :)) :))
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    I’ve got very mixed feelings. Have never been a fan of Craig’s Bond (although he would make a perfect Bond villain!) and will be happy to see him gone. At the same time, none of the successors’ names thrown around really made me excited. Except perhaps Idris Elba, but we always knew his chances were slim. What we should not forget here – and I am surprised that no-one seems to have mentioned it yet in the excitement – is that Craig admitted himself that if he would be doing another one, it would be only for the money. Which would also, incidentally, make a great title, "ONLY FOR THE MONEY".
  • BruceMurdockBruceMurdock OhioPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    I’ve got very mixed feelings. Have never been a fan of Craig’s Bond (although he would make a perfect Bond villain!) and will be happy to see him gone. At the same time, none of the successors’ names thrown around really made me excited. Except perhaps Idris Elba, but we always knew his chances were slim. What we should not forget here – and I am surprised that no-one seems to have mentioned it yet in the excitement – is that Craig admitted himself that if he would be doing another one, it would be only for the money. Which would also, incidentally, make a great title, "ONLY FOR THE MONEY".

Which was a sarcastic joke on his part.
    "No for me."
    "You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
    "I never miss..."
    "Time to face gravity!"
    Craig's response to the Colbert studio audience's reaction to his affirmation was very nice...and as always his extemporaneous and off-the-cuff responses to various and sundry press inquiries are taken much more seriously than they are intended, I believe. He's not patient with silly questions, which he does share with Connery.
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    I am super pumped :D

Craig is Bond for me, and as discussed briefly in the other thread my collecting will probably all but stop once his tensor is over.

However I am looking forward to all the coming news which is sure to start popping up -{

Best,
    Stefan
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Great news! Curious that he knew a couple months ago, but was still working out stuff...waiting on the script? The director? More announcements coming soon?
    blueman wrote:
    Great news! Curious that he knew a couple months ago, but was still working out stuff...waiting on the script? The director? More announcements coming soon?

All fair questions. And we'll likely never know -{
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Too true. Just happy he'll be back. :007)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Now the uncertainty is over, I'm looking forward to all the little things that pop up here and there which create a great sense of unfolding towards the films release. Hopefully there will be an official announcement soon, but then locations with spy shots, pictures of Bond on set and the clamour to identify what he's wearing, what car he's driving, supporting cast members, the rerun of Bond special interviews and documentaries so much info to come before the actual film
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Lest art imitates life and the discussions on this thread, can we please desist the chat about Delevigne playing a part in B.25

Having sat through 2.5 hours of Valerian last week, I can honestly say she's got zero acting talent in my opinion and neither does she have presence, beyond a pair of overly bushy eyebrows which steal just about every scene she's in. And that was going into the cinema with an open mind, having not been convinced by her Enchantress portrayal in Suicide Squad, where she also underwhelmed.

I'm sure that BB & MGW won't be swayed by how many Instagram followers a potential actor has but will instead focus on their ability to bring truth and believability to the role.
    1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Now the uncertainty is over, I'm looking forward to all the little things that pop up here and there which create a great sense of unfolding towards the films release. Hopefully there will be an official announcement soon, but then locations with spy shots, pictures of Bond on set and the clamour to identify what he's wearing, what car he's driving, supporting cast members, the rerun of Bond special interviews and documentaries so much info to come before the actual film
    + 1 -{

All the little reveals really whet the appetitive, and I always eagerly await the Press Conference and the first Teaser Trailers being revealed too.

Fingers crossed for the return of David Arnold, whatever other news unfolds.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    + 1 -{

All the little reveals really whet the appetitive, and I always eagerly await the Press Conference and the first Teaser Trailers being revealed too.

Fingers crossed for the return of David Arnold, whatever other news unfolds.

+1 for Arnold
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:

Yes, it will be better than constantly discussing re-packaging and re-issue of the Corgi DB5 (and I'm a model car collector!)...
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Huge sense of 'Meh' re DC return. Not terrible news, but a real sense of anti climax. Was hoping for something new, but we'll alsomost inevitably get Adele again. Ho- hum at least we won't have Mendes. The positives for me are at least we now know. Also I suspect that DC knows how much an overblown dogs breakfast Spectre was and will be determined for a fitting coda to his tenure. Also could afford the opportunity to play Bond as at, or near the end of his career, less of an action man. Craig could do a great job of this approach which would suit his own older but no doubt as fit as a Butchers Dog interpretation. Perhaps it won't be all bad, just a little disappointing.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • MrGoreMrGore Posts: 129MI6 Agent
    desist the chat about Delevigne playing a part in B.25

Agree. No screen presence in Suicide Squad. Not right.