7,901

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

I think you're kind of underestimating how large a process it is to develop, manufacture and ship a product worldwide. It's not about a movie.

7,902

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Continuing to remind people of the film is probably a good thing. I could see the promos in the fall: "The wait is finally over...James Bond is back!!".

7,903

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

The thing with a phone is that it's only the most advanced available for a few months, so delaying its launch for 7 months means the technology won't be quite as sought after as it is now. They could have delayed it and upgraded it for the launch but probably to much already in place.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

7,904

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Good point.

7,905

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

I think they should release a 10 minute clip (or something similar) from the film online at some point in the next month or so. Perhaps one of the action sequences that wouldn’t spoil any major reveals or plot points. Maybe on the original release date. With everyone basically locked in their homes, they would literally have a captive audience. People would appreciate the diversion, and would likely remember come November.

7,906

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

It's a fun thought. Unprecedented times; could happen.

7,907

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

The Nokia ad is only a teaser, the full ad has been postponed until November.

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | LetterBoxd | YouTube

7,908

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

New german magazines.


https://i.postimg.cc/v45mkybb/D9248435-F6-B8-42-C1-A609-5-A58390-D5230.jpg

The name is Walker by the way.

7,909

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Someone wrote:
BlindManBaldwin wrote:
Someone wrote:

Zimmer confirms multiple artists were asked to write the NTTD theme and the article also reveals that Billie Eilish and her brother were shown a rough cut of NTTD while they were making their song with Zimmer's help.
https://www.vulture.com/2020/03/billie- … immer.html

Wonder how rough it was, how many redacted bits there were?

It's interesting because before Eilish and her brother had said they had read the first act before they wrote the song. I wonder if the song they wrote changed substantially once Zimmer had them watch the rough cut? It would seem to me Zimmer wanted a tone that reflected the film and by showing them the rough cut they would buy into whatever changes he wanted.

I hope one day some of those other artists' song submissions get leaked. What songs couldn't Zimmer get through the intro for?

The song didn't change much after he showed them the rough cut. This is what he said, "After strings were added to the track, Zimmer made sure that Eilish and Finneas got to see a full rough cut of the film. That, in turn, led them to add one last piece to the song: that swing Eilish takes at the end, that big kick into “No time to diiiyyyeeee.”

So showing them the rough cut means that they added one more thing at the end. The song was practically completed before they say the rough cut.

7,910

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Billy Magnussen interviewed and his NTTD character name and role are confirmed. See spoiler box if you want to know.
https://twitter.com/springhousese/statu … 08128?s=20

SpoilerCIA agent Logan Ashe

It seems their letting all the cast interviews to run so one imagines that we'll see a sort of low level of marketing continue right up until the previous release date of 2 April.

7,911

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Billie Eilish NTTD theme fades away.
https://thatgrapejuice.net/2020/03/bill … 00-week-4/

7,912

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Someone wrote:

Billy Magnussen interviewed and his NTTD character name and role are confirmed. See spoiler box if you want to know.
https://twitter.com/springhousese/statu … 08128?s=20

SpoilerCIA agent Logan Ashe

It seems their letting all the cast interviews to run so one imagines that we'll see a sort of low level of marketing continue right up until the previous release date of 2 April.

They have no choice but to run them, all the magazine covers coming out now went to print days before the release date was moved.

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | LetterBoxd | YouTube

7,913

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Red_Snow wrote:
Someone wrote:

Billy Magnussen interviewed and his NTTD character name and role are confirmed. See spoiler box if you want to know.
https://twitter.com/springhousese/statu … 08128?s=20

SpoilerCIA agent Logan Ashe

It seems their letting all the cast interviews to run so one imagines that we'll see a sort of low level of marketing continue right up until the previous release date of 2 April.

They have no choice but to run them, all the magazine covers coming out now went to print days before the release date was moved.

I was a magazine editor for twenty years. With these monthly magazines (GQ, Cosmo), there was really no other choice but to go forward (and keep in mind that the articles and photo shoots themselves were done months ago, probably just after filming finished). The marketing people at MGM probably were able to stop a few cover pieces but not all of them as the magazines have their own editorial, advertising, production, and printing schedules. Most people don't realize how far ahead these publications work.

7,914

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Another one.
https://twitter.com/Daniel_CraigFan/sta … 48225?s=20

7,915

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Cheverian wrote:
Red_Snow wrote:
Someone wrote:

Billy Magnussen interviewed and his NTTD character name and role are confirmed. See spoiler box if you want to know.
https://twitter.com/springhousese/statu … 08128?s=20

SpoilerCIA agent Logan Ashe

It seems their letting all the cast interviews to run so one imagines that we'll see a sort of low level of marketing continue right up until the previous release date of 2 April.

They have no choice but to run them, all the magazine covers coming out now went to print days before the release date was moved.

I was a magazine editor for twenty years. With these monthly magazines (GQ, Cosmo), there was really no other choice but to go forward (and keep in mind that the articles and photo shoots themselves were done months ago, probably just after filming finished). The marketing people at MGM probably were able to stop a few cover pieces but not all of them as the magazines have their own editorial, advertising, production, and printing schedules. Most people don't realize how far ahead these publications work.

I'm in advertising and I get emails about placing ads in magazines many months before the magazines are published. The magazines tell us at that point what will be featured in those magazines, sometimes in great detail!

7,916

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Fukunaga's NTTD is based on a 1960s Japanese film apparently?! Anyone seen Shohei Imamura's film Unholy Desire?
https://twitter.com/JB007_news/status/1 … 89697?s=20

7,917

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Nice find. However, all I'm reading there is that he said he referenced the film, not 'based' NTTD on it. There's a difference.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

7,918

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

I've never seen the film, but here's the Wikipedia entry. I have no idea what inspired Fukunaga : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unholy_Desire

7,919

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

JBR has a new video and Joe Darlington was in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coIOb2j … e=emb_logo
Darlington spoke about me and heavily implied I wrote he shouldn't talk about Corona in his videos. He said "I must be allowed to have thoughts" and "Maybe he's right. Maybe I shouldn't talk about it". What I  actually wrote in my first e-mail to him was the opposite. This is a direct quote using paste: "I think it's only natural when you talk about Corona online. After all it's a big part of our lives now and the virus pushed NTTD back to November."
I wrote another E-mail today to remind him of this. He denied having misrepresented my views in the video. I'm posting this to set the record straight.

7,920

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Don’t take it too personally the both of you. Joe wasn’t  as informed at the time in relation to Corona. It had just been picked up on his radar. The post was more about his disappointment in the film being  cancelled.  I felt the same as I had loads lined up for that week too, and at the same places. Since then things have gone crazy and no one would have predicted this at that time.  So my feelings that I had then have a much different perspective.  And I was more informed and had a greater idea of where this would go.  So look at his vlog more about being a post on Bond than a post on the virus. Different time, different location and a different perspective.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

7,921

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

I have no problems with that. My problem is him giving a completely wrong version of what I wrote to him in not one, but three E-mails.

7,922

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Number24 wrote:

I've never seen the film, but here's the Wikipedia entry. I have no idea what inspired Fukunaga : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unholy_Desire

"strong, lower-class women who survive in spite of their oppressive surroundings," well that's Madeleine and growing up a child of a Spectre operative.

"a common-law husband. After being raped by a thief, she is repeatedly accosted by him as he falls madly in love with her. Stuck between her adulterous, unloving husband and the rapist she struggles to find happiness" Bond is the common-law husband and Safin the rapist.

TWINE has a villainess who became besotted with her captor, Renard. Maybe Safin is Madeleine's ex-boyfriend/abuser?

7,923

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

I don't think Madeleine has a lower-class background, but the rest could be right.

7,924

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Asp9mm wrote:

Don’t take it too personally the both of you. Joe wasn’t  as informed at the time in relation to Corona. It had just been picked up on his radar. The post was more about his disappointment in the film being  cancelled.  I felt the same as I had loads lined up for that week too, and at the same places. Since then things have gone crazy and no one would have predicted this at that time.  So my feelings that I had then have a much different perspective.  And I was more informed and had a greater idea of where this would go.  So look at his vlog more about being a post on Bond than a post on the virus. Different time, different location and a different perspective.

Great perspective and I totally concur with you, in light of how things are evolving in the world

7,925

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

A good perspective, but not really relevant to my post. It is personal when Joe Darlington gives a false impression of what I wrote to him and claims I have other views than I actually have. It's well documented in my post.