Re: Quantum of Solace Bond Tom Ford Polo: Update in Post 440

007JBDCMWR wrote:

Tf wont send out a prototype as too expensive to produce and post for something that might not come off.
Which I understand...
So to David(monster)'s point
Just rely on the size chart and measure a polo that fits how you want.
Normal tf size is the guideline.

One thing people need to consider is how they'ree going to launder this item. If you wash/dry the polo there will be some shrinkage which is normal but the concern becomes how much? If you dry clean their shouldn't be any issues with shrinkage  ajb007/crap

Since I've never bought a Tom Ford shirt before it's made sizing a little more difficult than your standard off the shelf polo!

Maybe if people are not coming back to the thread (perhaps they don't have updates enabled for the thread) and thus unaware of the short fall / urgency to update their commitment or see the latest posts, a solution would be to request a primary email address to be sent via PM at the time people commit.

That way the project organiser can update everyone in group email (which is more likely to be picked up) if there are any issues that can't be resolved on the forum.

Thats a dam shame , David vlogs are so helpful to me anyhow   ajb007/bond
Is it a case of just sizing up from the Spectre one or stick with the same size.
In the words of Mallory - I don't want to https://www.reference.com/pets-animals/male-chicken-c it up  ajb007/lol

007JBDCMWR wrote:

Tf wont send out a prototype as too expensive to produce and post for something that might not come off.
Which I understand...
So to David(monster)'s point
Just rely on the size chart and measure a polo that fits how you want.
Normal tf size is the guideline.

007 reporting for duty

Same size for me, it should run a bit bigger than the Spectre one from the size table

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

don't suppose you know what size david went for do you ? always seems to be spot on for me
last question

007JBDCMWR wrote:

Same size for me, it should run a bit bigger than the Spectre one from the size table

007 reporting for duty

Nope, but sure he'll update

David what size did you go for ? , sorry but yours always helps me  ajb007/bond
Then I'm ordering

The Bond Experience wrote:

I think at last count Luigi told me we had 16 units but that was BEFORE many of you posted above....so we might be around 20+....so 'about' half way....

007 reporting for duty

I would normally take a 48, which is what I have in the Spectre Morocco polo, but in this case I will get a 46.  I wound up doing the same thing with my QoS harrington....bought a 48 but wound up selling it and getting a 46.  Perfect fit for me...

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

The Bond Experience wrote:

I would normally take a 48, which is what I have in the Spectre Morocco polo, but in this case I will get a 46.  I wound up doing the same thing with my QoS harrington....bought a 48 but wound up selling it and getting a 46.  Perfect fit for me...

Well seeing as though we almost always wear the same size, I just got my answer. Haha

Thanks David ,  48 it is for me then , my spectre polo is a 50  ajb007/bond
ordering next week

007 reporting for duty

Any update on orders? We’re reaching the last day of the month on Thursday.

Since Luigi is the only one with everyone’s email address being that we emailed him directly it might be best if we ask him to send everyone an email reminder. I imagine there are many people who haven’t checked the email forum in awhile.

It's exciting to see this project wrapping up, and hopefully pushing through and not falling through.
Originally I was in for 2, but with the tie project wrapping up at the same time, I don't know if I can do that.
I will be sending my payment details to Luigi soon. I've come to the conclusion that I'm a size 50 in Tom Ford polos,
at least that's how I like them to fit. Are most people taking their normal polo size or sizing down? Thanks.

Normal size
And careful washing

MrE wrote:

It's exciting to see this project wrapping up, and hopefully pushing through and not falling through.
Originally I was in for 2, but with the tie project wrapping up at the same time, I don't know if I can do that.
I will be sending my payment details to Luigi soon. I've come to the conclusion that I'm a size 50 in Tom Ford polos,
at least that's how I like them to fit. Are most people taking their normal polo size or sizing down? Thanks.

I think most people are taking their normal size. For me choosing a size was a slight pain because chest wise i could do a 56 but my shoulders put me into a 58. The other thing to consider is that Luigi advised that the polo is a slim cut and will shrink once washed so getting a 56 I run the chance of it being too tight  ajb007/crap  To be safe i decided to go with a 58 and hopefully i am right as it's a lot of money for a shirt  ajb007/rolleyes

Last edited by MikeG77 (27th Feb 2019 04:21)

Come on gbp!!! Polo is getting cheaper everyday  ajb007/heart

So I'm about to send my payment info in to Luigi. Do we know if we are even close to 45? I think we only have 1 more day to hit that number, correct?

If someone could update us on the total that we have at the moment, that would be great, because if we are only a couple away from 45, I "might" be able to go in for 2 to make it happen. I think there are a couple others that would be willing to do that as well.
Not sure if I should say 1 or 2 for the quantity.

I am happy to check.

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...

Thanks Mr. Z. I forgot to mention, excellent TF pants by the way! Appreciate it.

My pleasure.....!

According to Luigi we still have 20 orders to go.

MrE wrote:

Thanks Mr. Z. I forgot to mention, excellent TF pants by the way! Appreciate it.

I just submitted my order form to Luigi for 2 polos so all we need now is 18!

Sorry guys I'll submit mine tonight just in a quandary about the size  ajb007/crap
Just can't make up my mind but I will.
so 17 to go then

007 reporting for duty

I'll be putting mine in today as well. If people are on the fence about sizing, one thing to consider is that polos and t-shirts are extremely easy to have tailored. Any half-way-descent tailor should be able to accommodate. And since a lot of people seem to be worried about the laundry effect, IF it shrinks, and at that point, if it's still a little big, tailor it. You can always go smaller, can't go bigger though.

I sent my payment in yesterday. Hopefully we can get that magic number

Form all done now , My spectre polo was a 50 and looked a bit loose .
So gone for a 48 , happy now , can't wait for this to happen  ajb007/bond

007 reporting for duty

I am on the fence with 1 or two Polo's as well and that is mainly due to sizing. I will be submitting an order for one in the same size as I ordered the QoS Harrington and depending on where we are all at, might try to help us get over the edge.