Re: Quantum of Solace Bond Tom Ford Polo: Update in Post 440

OK, embedded in this new vlog is a detailed discussion of the Tom Ford Quantum polo...fit and size discussion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6ScFQx2hGY&t=1s

https://i.postimg.cc/gnX6FnZm/fit-vlog-2.jpg

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

The Bond Experience wrote:

OK, embedded in this new vlog is a detailed discussion of the Tom Ford Quantum polo...fit and size discussion:

I know you mentioned that the QOS polo is a 38 but if I remember correctly you said you'd be sizing down to a 36? Are you doing that because you prefer a closer fit and because it will relax a little after washing or because of the bell cut?

Yes, for this polo I want a trimmer fit.

MikeG77 wrote:

I know you mentioned that the QOS polo is a 38 but if I remember correctly you said you'd be sizing down to a 36? Are you doing that because you prefer a closer fit and because it will relax a little after washing or because of the bell cut?

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...

Just watched the video. One question I have: Is the size 48 that you are wearing in the video your own screen worn one that you sent in to TF for reference, or is that a size 48 prototype straight from the project? Thanks.

MrE wrote:

Just watched the video. One question I have: Is the size 48 that you are wearing in the video your own screen worn one that you sent in to TF for reference, or is that a size 48 prototype straight from the project? Thanks.

I assume it's the screen used one but if it's a new one then I think I may need to size down  ajb007/rolleyes

GREAT question....it's the one I sent TF for reference.  They sent it back so people could get an essence of the fit/style.  Overall they did tell me to tell people to always go back to the size chart they supplied.  BTW, I think we only have 8 more to go!

GREAT question....it's the one I sent TF for reference.  They sent it back so people could get an essence of the fit/style.  Overall they did tell me to tell people to always go back to the size chart they supplied.  BTW, I think we only have 8 more to go!

I've used a combination of measuring a polo that fits me well and the sizing chart. I was also able to purchase a Tom Ford polo off of eBay for an obscene price to use as a point of reference. I'm 99% sure i'll be sticking with my original size but I'm wondering how your screen used shirt measurements compare to the size chart?

Huge favor to ask you Mr Zaritsky, if you could measure the armpit to armpit of your screen used shirt, it would be much appreciated, I would like to know which size it comes closest to on the sizing chart. I like the way it fits you in the video, slightly relaxed.
Only 8 to go! Home stretch!

Will measure it this evening for sure!  ajb007/martini

MrE wrote:

Huge favor to ask you Mr Zaritsky, if you could measure the armpit to armpit of your screen used shirt, it would be much appreciated, I would like to know which size it comes closest to on the sizing chart. I like the way it fits you in the video, slightly relaxed.
Only 8 to go! Home stretch!

Gents, following Luigi’s latest advice that we have 9 to go, I have added an extra unit to try and get this project over the line. He needs final commitments by 25/4.

Considering.  What's the price again?

Disregard, saw the first post.  Just can't do that kind of money for a polo shirt, sorry.

Last edited by Gymkata (18th Apr 2019 20:47)

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>TLD>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>SP>DAF>LTK>AVTAK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Dalton>Brosnan

670EU for EU destinations and 549.18 EU for non EU destinations. i know it sounds expensive, however I place a greater influence on value than cost. Having accumulated many TF pieces over the years, few other designers, in my opinion, cut their garments in such a stylish and masculine fashion as TF. The quality not only of fabric but attention to detail in the manufacture and finish make all their items eternal and a great investment that will be used and enjoyed for many years. This is likely our last chance to secure a SA TF Polo.

Hi everyone, does anyone know if we made the required numbers for the polo?

I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me

StiffassBrit wrote:

I'm thinking we didn't hit the required number  ajb007/crap

MikeG77 wrote:
StiffassBrit wrote:

It’s a real shame if we didn’t.  Hope TF may consider a Brexit like extension for a few months.

I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me

Just dont send Theresa May over to Milan to negotiate with Luigi  ajb007/biggrin

Instagram - bondclothes007

StiffassBrit wrote:
MikeG77 wrote:
StiffassBrit wrote:

It’s a real shame if we didn’t.  Hope TF may consider a Brexit like extension for a few months.

A real shame.....that's an understatement! I highly doubt Luigi/Tom Ford will give us another extension seeing as we were given till April 25th when we missed the February deadline.

welshboy78 wrote:

Just dont send Theresa May over to Milan to negotiate with Luigi  ajb007/biggrin

We'll never get our shirts  ajb007/lol

Last edited by MikeG77 (30th Apr 2019 21:01)

Im not sure that another extension would change anything, the deal is the deal, we all know the costings and product and simply not enough have committed to make it viable for TF, it is indeed a real shame.

I disagree about it not being worth it for them. Think of all the time and effort that TF has already taken on this project, sourcing the original material, going back to the drawingboard time and time again to make sure the blue prints are right, then increasing the cost of the polo to $600. And we are what? 5-8 short or 45? Financially they would still be making a good sum of profit. If they don't go through with the project, they are losing time and money. I don't expect my logic to convince them, but my logic is sound. It's certainly profitable for them, but maybe just not as profitable as they were hoping for. $600 X 32 is profitable. And no one is going to convince me it's not. I know a lot goes into it, but come on. I think the total cost in material for one spectre polo was $9 dollars. We're kidding ourselves if you don't think these items have insane markups compared to the price of producing them.

MrE wrote:

I disagree about it not being worth it for them. Think of all the time and effort that TF has already taken on this project, sourcing the original material, going back to the drawingboard time and time again to make sure the blue prints are right, then increasing the cost of the polo to $600. And we are what? 5-8 short or 45? Financially they would still be making a good sum of profit. If they don't go through with the project, they are losing time and money. I don't expect my logic to convince them, but my logic is sound. It's certainly profitable for them, but maybe just not as profitable as they were hoping for. $600 X 32 is profitable. And no one is going to convince me it's not. I know a lot goes into it, but come on. I think the total cost in material for one spectre polo was $9 dollars. We're kidding ourselves if you don't think these items have insane markups compared to the price of producing them.

Be careful, you aren’t supposed to say how overpriced the items are!!

Luigi is on hols at mo

And agree with MrE,  surely TF Milan could move the few extras. Especially given the soon to be general public increased hype

Have suggested that possibility to Luigi

Last edited by 007JBDCMWR (1st May 2019 16:06)

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

Hello guys
I've done a lot of budgeting and rethinking. I will order the polo after all. Really hoping it isn't too late.
I need your guys opinion on sizing. I am about 6'2" with shoulders measuring at about 51cm wide. When shopping online I typically go by shoulder width and have alterations done wherever necessary, usually shirt length/ waist / chest.

I want a look as close to the movie as possible, relatively relaxed fit, not slim. I'm planning to go with the 62, largest size, but only for the shoulder width (49.5 cm), and will probably get everything else tailored.
Is there any reason I should size down? Will the shirt fabric give? should I be more concerned about the fabric shrinking? I'd rather not be dry cleaning it every time.

Would love as many opinions as possible before I send the order form tomorrow.

Well done Bond Ambitions. I concur with your rationale and agree 62 would be the wise move given you can always have it taken in if need be. I hope Luigi gets your response before TF make a final determination.

Thank you Cah. Deposit email sent.