Next Omega(s)

OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
I just wanted to get some others opinions. I have a millstone birthday coming up and was given the the choice between getting the Omega 300 Spectre LE or The Omega PO 2500 from QoS & 8500 from Skyfall. I thought it was going to be a easy decision, but now i find myself going back on my original thought which was take the 2500 & 8500 PO's. Open to all thoughts. Also if it makes any difference. I currently own the Seamaster professional co axial from CR and the Seamaster professional LE from QoS.

Thanks for your thoughts!
IMG_0022.jpg
History isn’t kind to men who play God.
@OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***

Comments

• NelslsNelsls Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    VegasBond wrote:
    I just wanted to get some others opinions. I have a millstone birthday coming up and was given the the choice between getting the Omega 300 Spectre LE or The Omega PO 2500 from QoS & 8500 from Skyfall. I thought it was going to be a easy decision, but now i find myself going back on my original thought which was take the 2500 & 8500 PO's. Open to all thoughts. Also if it makes any difference. I currently own the Seamaster professional co axial from CR and the Seamaster professional LE from QoS.

IMG_0022.jpg
    Personally, I would choose the Spectre.
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    Nelsls wrote:
    VegasBond wrote:

IMG_0022.jpg
    Personally, I would choose the Spectre.

thanks for the response. why would you?
    @OmegaBondWatches

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Are we talking the planet ocean qos and sf limited editions?
    I've had/got all three the skyfall le I just didn't get on with, I love the dial but the 007 indices just wore on me and made me not wear the watch. The qos po is fantastic, subtle for a le and that walther ppk grip inspired dial is unique, the laser etching is a thing of wonder but in certain lights can look like a smudge on the crystal until you remember what you're wearing. The Spectre le is simply a great looking watch, maybe not a daily wearer but it grabs attention and will get commented on by anyone who likes watches.
    You have an enviable choice to make there. Good luck.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent
    The CR and QoS Planet Ocean are my favourite Bond watch. Items of perfection IMO and fortunately I'm lucky enough to own one on a bracelet strap. As you haven't got a Planet Ocean I would seriously consider one. I prefer the look of the original to the Skyfall version, although the Skyfall version is a probably a better watch, if we're being picky (updated movement, ceramic bezel).

The 300 Spectre LE is a collectors piece though and the case and kudos are very special. Personally, if I owned this particular watch, I wouldn't wear it as much as my Planet Ocean as I'd be too worried about damaging a watch worth 8K!

You could also of course go for a brand new standard Omega Seamaster 300 (233.30.41.21.01.001) + a CR/QoS Planet Ocean?

Have you not considered the Rolex Submariner?

Happy shopping and many happy returns in advance {[]
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    The CR and QoS Planet Ocean are my favourite Bond watch. Items of perfection IMO and fortunately I'm lucky enough to own one on a bracelet strap. As you haven't got a Planet Ocean I would seriously consider one. I prefer the look of the original to the Skyfall version, although the Skyfall version is a probably a better watch, if we're being picky (updated movement, ceramic bezel).

The 300 Spectre LE is a collectors piece though and the case and kudos are very special. Personally, if I owned this particular watch, I wouldn't wear it as much as my Planet Ocean as I'd be too worried about damaging a watch worth 8K!

You could also of course go for a brand new standard Omega Seamaster 300 (233.30.41.21.01.001) + a CR/QoS Planet Ocean?

Yes I was going to say the non le SM300 Co ax is a great buy and reasonable on the second hand market. DC also wore one while filming Spectre, it's uni directional bezel also keeps it useful as a diving /tool watch unlike the le.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent
    Yes I was going to say the non le SM300 Co ax is a great buy and reasonable on the second hand market. DC also wore one while filming Spectre, it's uni directional bezel also keeps it useful as a diving /tool watch unlike the le.

Great minds Chris.. :007)

Was it confirmed that he wore the non le SM300 in SP? Do you know in which scenes? This for me makes it a proper Bond watch.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    -{ He didn't wear it in the film but during the making of the film. He's got it on during the Rome photoshoot with Monica Belucci, on a black/ grey nato.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    I own all three watches PO 2500, 8500 and SPECTRE LE. Personally I would always go PO 2500 QOS and get an OEM rubber (covers CR as well then and partners well to you SMP if you can forgive the size difference to the CR PO). The PO 8500 is more bulky you know you are wearing and does not go well with a cuffed shirt (so much so I swapped the case and bracelet to Ti) and the LE although a great watch I find its seasonal and I go long periods not wearing it due to the NATO (but just does not look right on bracelet).

Just my opinion hope it helps

Cheer :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    I've had the QOS PO with bracelet and rubber strap a couple of times, the SF PO and the Aqua Terras from SF and Spectre. The only one I've still got is the QOS PO which I wear on the rubber strap mainly these days.
    Yes. Considerably!

Thank you so much The Red Kind for the kind works and thoughts. I want to finish/get caught up with my Omega bond collection first before I pick up a Rolex.

Its a tough call, I don't think i could be completely happy knowing the LE is out there for the 300 and just setting for the standard. I have thought about that option, but I know I would deep down inside want LE instead.
    @OmegaBondWatches

ichaice wrote:
    I've had the QOS PO with bracelet and rubber strap a couple of times, the SF PO and the Aqua Terras from SF and Spectre. The only one I've still got is the QOS PO which I wear on the rubber strap mainly these days.

I have heard a lot of people saying the 2500 is a lot more desired then the 8500
    @OmegaBondWatches

Bond44 wrote:
    I own all three watches PO 2500, 8500 and SPECTRE LE. Personally I would always go PO 2500 QOS and get an OEM rubber (covers CR as well then and partners well to you SMP if you can forgive the size difference to the CR PO). The PO 8500 is more bulky you know you are wearing and does not go well with a cuffed shirt (so much so I swapped the case and bracelet to Ti) and the LE although a great watch I find its seasonal and I go long periods not wearing it due to the NATO (but just does not look right on bracelet).

Those are great points. how did you have the case and bracelet swapped to Ti?
    @OmegaBondWatches

Chriscoop wrote:
    I've had/got all three the skyfall le I just didn't get on with, I love the dial but the 007 indices just wore on me and made me not wear the watch. The qos po is fantastic, subtle for a le and that walther ppk grip inspired dial is unique, the laser etching is a thing of wonder but in certain lights can look like a smudge on the crystal until you remember what you're wearing. The Spectre le is simply a great looking watch, maybe not a daily wearer but it grabs attention and will get commented on by anyone who likes watches.

not the LE from those movies just the standard screen versions. (I know skyfall watch is a little different from the screen use model but same look)

Thanks for the well wishes and the advice.
    @OmegaBondWatches

VegasBond wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:

Simple - Bought a black steel 8500 and a Blue Ti 8500 and swapped them expensive solution but I got the SA version I wanted. :D

Cheers :007)
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Does anyone have an idea of the going rate for any of the following watches;

CR - Omega Seamaster 300M Co-Axial 2220.80.00
    CR - Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2900.50.91
    QoS - Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50.00
    SF - Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 232.30.42.21.01.001
    SP - Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M Master Co-Axial 231.10.42.21.03.003

Thanks! -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    Bond44 wrote:
    VegasBond wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:

Simple - Bought a black steel 8500 and a Blue Ti 8500 and swapped them expensive solution but I got the SA version I wanted. :D

Holy god that's commitment. You sir are awesome! Pics?
    @OmegaBondWatches

edited September 2017
    VegasBond wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:
    VegasBond wrote:

Sure as below as the guys here know back in the day they said Bond would wear a Ti watch in SF. I bought the 8500 Blue Ti and loved it. Then the film came out and it seemed to be Black steel 8500, then the Christies auction let the cat out the bag. Craig requested a Black Ti for the fight scenes and Omega made a few for the film. Always got to me the sold the steel as 'the' SF version. I bought the steel version but the weight vs Ti was substantial. Latterly another blue Ti came up so I swapped them now own blue and black in Ti. Works for me :D

IMG_5138.jpg

The trio Blue Steel and Black/ Blue Ti

IMG_5975.jpg
    VegasBond wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

not the LE from those movies just the standard screen versions. (I know skyfall watch is a little different from the screen use model but same look)

Thanks for the well wishes and the advice.

In that case I'd get the po 2500 and 8500, I'm not seasonable with wearing my Spectre le SM300 but it does only come out now and then I'd say on average once a month. Out of all my watches the ones that get most wrist time are po 2500 by a long way, po 8500 TI, and smp 2220.80.
    Bond44 wrote:
    VegasBond wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:

Sure as below as the guys here know back in the day they said Bond would wear a Ti watch in SF. I bought the 8500 Blue Ti and loved it. Then the film came out and it seemed to be Black steel 8500, then the Christies auction let the cat out the bag. Craig requested a Black Ti for the fight scenes and Omega made a few for the film. Always got to me the sold the steel as 'the' SF version. I bought the steel version but the weight vs Ti was substantial. Latterly another blue Ti came up so I swapped them now own blue and black in Ti. Works for me :D

IMG_5138.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

8-) what a show off ;)
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:
    VegasBond wrote:

IMG_5138.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

8-) what a show off ;)
    Did I mention I have a Black Ti :D
    Hey it's not my fault if someone asks :))

Bond44 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:

IMG_5138.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

8-) what a show off ;)
    Did I mention I have a Black Ti :D
    Hey it's not my fault if someone asks :))

Only 7 or 8 times, :))
    It sounds like consensus is take the two PO's.
    @OmegaBondWatches

edited September 2017

Thanks! -{

CR - Omega Seamaster 300M Co-Axial 2220.80.00 (2k-2.8k) Second market only
    CR - Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2900.50.91 (2.5k-3.3k) Second market only
    QoS - Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50.00 (2.5k-3.4k) Second market only
    SF - Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 232.30.42.21.01.001 (3.3k-6.2k) Still Available at Omega *discontinuing soon
    SP - Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M Master Co-Axial 231.10.42.21.03.003 (3.5k-6k) Still Available at Omega *discontinuing soon

These are just rough amounts from what I have noticed over the last 3 months.
    I purchased my 2220.80.00 for 2k last July it was a great deal at the time but normally I see them for around 2.3-2.6k

Spoke with my contact at Omega. He told me the Aqua Terra model from Spectre 231.10.42.21.03.003 was being replaced by model 220.10.38.20.03.001
    @OmegaBondWatches

769_C934_B-_C604-4953-8_CAC-038697_CB80_F1.jpg

Well I’m not going to lie I’m really glad I went with the PO’s. Thanks to everyone for your input it really helped me make the decision.
    @OmegaBondWatches

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    VegasBond wrote:

Thanks! -{

CR - Omega Seamaster 300M Co-Axial 2220.80.00 (2k-2.8k) Second market only
    CR - Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2900.50.91 (2.5k-3.3k) Second market only
    QoS - Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50.00 (2.5k-3.4k) Second market only
    SF - Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 232.30.42.21.01.001 (3.3k-6.2k) Still Available at Omega *discontinuing soon
    SP - Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M Master Co-Axial 231.10.42.21.03.003 (3.5k-6k) Still Available at Omega *discontinuing soon

These are just rough amounts from what I have noticed over the last 3 months.
    I purchased my 2220.80.00 for 2k last July it was a great deal at the time but normally I see them for around 2.3-2.6k

Spoke with my contact at Omega. He told me the Aqua Terra model from Spectre 231.10.42.21.03.003 was being replaced by model 220.10.38.20.03.001

Thanks for all of that info. That's a huge help. -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”