2,126

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

An „interesting“ factcheck about Japantimes because I‘ve stumbled over the closing sentence

>> Rarely before has a president assumed office in a major democracy with the deep state and mainstream media so unwelcoming to him. If critics succeed in crimping Trump’s presidency, Obama’s legacy will look better than the actual record.<<

It stroke me as a pathetic and obvious attempt from a 5th grader trying to insert some right wing propaganda into a political opinion piece:


2017 verkaufte Nifco die Japan Times an News2u Holdings. Die neuen Eigentümer säuberten alsbald die Redaktion von unliebsamen Kolumnisten, darunter Jeff Kingston von der Temple University Tokyo und Yamaguchi Jiro von der Hōsei-Universität, beide Kritiker der Regierung von Shinzo Abe.

....


Am 30. November 2018 kündigte die Japan Times an, Sprachregelungen der politischen Rechten Japans zu übernehmen

Translation:“ 2017, Nifco sold the Japan Times to News2u Holdings. The new owners cleaned immediately the editorial staff from inconvenient columnists - such as .... both critics of Mr. Abe‘s government“

„On 30th November 2019, The Japan Times announced, that they will adapt terms and wordings from the political right in Japan“

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Japan_Times

Last edited by Higgins (18th Oct 2020 10:29)

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

2,127

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

deleted by myself

Last edited by Number24 (18th Oct 2020 12:37)

2,128

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

I am often amazed that the populists of the left fail to acknowledge that their populism is every bit as simplistic as that of their counterparts on the right!
It also amazes me that they even fail to acknowledge the existence of their 'social populism' and that, like all populism, it is designed to prey on the most stupid of society!

2,129

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

You're right in saying leftist populism can be every bit as stupid as the one on the right. The rioting and burning done for months by far left activist is a good example. Burning down their own neighbourhoods and cities is both illegal and litterally destructive, not to mention the only ones benefiting is the Trump campaign.

But conspiracy theories (often re-tweeted by Trump) and anti-science propaganda usually comes from the right.

2,130

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Like the Conspiracy  theory about Trump
And Putin the Democrats  have been selling for years now ?
Absolutely  all Right wing theories.   ajb007/biggrin

By the way great to have you back
Joshua, nice to hear a sensible voice
Now and again.  ajb007/cheers

“God has given you one face, and you make yourself another"

2,131

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

That's not a conspiracy theory. Trump really did ask Russia to help him dig up dirt about Hillary for the election. Russia did help his campaign, and all US inteligence services and the Mueller report made that very clear.

2,132

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

That‘s funny.

I take a piece of populist propaganda and explain broadly with sources, historical context and so on why it is just a shallow propagandist piece of populism.

And the reply from the other side is just: There is also left populism.
That is exactly the state of the political discussion and it reminds me of:

>>there were bad people - on both sides <<

ajb007/rolleyes

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

2,133

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Wow N24, I'm surprised the Democrats
Haven't  tried to impeach  Trump with
All this evidence. ... They couldn't  possibly  fail, ..... could they ?  ajb007/lol

“God has given you one face, and you make yourself another"

2,134

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Number24 wrote:

You're right in saying leftist populism can be every bit as stupid as the one on the right. The rioting and burning done for months by far left activist is a good example. Burning down their own neighbourhoods and cities is both illegal and litterally destructive, not to mention the only ones benefiting is the Trump campaign.

But conspiracy theories (often re-tweeted by Trump) and anti-science propaganda usually comes from the right.

I agree. Right and left wing populists are both as stupid as each other and rely on the very same tactics to agitate and try to gain power. I wasn't referring to conspiracy theories though, but I understand your point and agree to a certain point, but I believe that too is used in equal measure by both sides of the populist bandwagen and not by the right wing populists alone.

2,135

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Thunderpussy wrote:

Wow N24, I'm surprised the Democrats
Haven't  tried to impeach  Trump with
All this evidence. ... They couldn't  possibly  fail, ..... could they ?  ajb007/lol

You know they impeached him. But the Republicans in the Senate voted it down, even though Trump is the only president in the history of the USA who has had a senator ofhis own party voting for his impeachment. Trump won the impeachment (sort of) because of politics, not evidence.

Mueller's Report Shows All The Ways Russia Interfered In 2016 Presidential Election
https://www.npr.org/2019/04/18/71481070 … ial-electi

2,136

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

You'll always find a Benedict Arnold  ajb007/wink

“God has given you one face, and you make yourself another"

2,137

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Or a John Adams

2,138

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Number24 wrote:

You know they impeached him. But the Republicans in the Senate voted it down, even though Trump is the only president in the history of the USA who has had a senator ofhis own party voting for his impeachment. Trump won the impeachment (sort of) because of politics, not evidence.

Mueller's Report Shows All The Ways Russia Interfered In 2016 Presidential Election
https://www.npr.org/2019/04/18/71481070 … ial-electi

Thank you! Exactly this!

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

2,139

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/37 … ly-dubious
Democratic ties to Russia are ample, and often ethically dubious   ajb007/lol

Pot and Kettle springs to mind  ajb007/wink

“God has given you one face, and you make yourself another"

2,140

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

https://i.postimg.cc/SnDnRbrB/c3fa52f7fe78c90dee5c2dba47a92dfa.jpg

This springs to mine.

2,141

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Not sure if it belongs to the random chat, certainly into the „oooops, technology“ section:

New Yorker Suspends Jeffrey Toobin for Masturbating on Zoom Call

https://www.vice.com/en/article/epdgm4/ … k-incident

Someone commented, that if he‘d played with a real cannon, this would have been ok by US standards ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

2,142

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

"Donald Trump presses Attorney-General William Barr to investigate Joe Biden before the election"

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/le … 7ad6ab6d0f

Exciting! I wonder if he's really found something or not? Given his grasp on facts and evidence I wouldn't be too worried if I was Joe Biden.

Last edited by Number24 (21st Oct 2020 17:18)

2,143

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

"Fox News rejected Hunter Biden exposé; New York Post writer refused to put his name on it". This may be a hint if the US department of justice will reject Trump's dream investigation or not. https://usa-onlinenews.com/2020/10/20/f … t-reports/

2,144

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Pupulist Handbook 101 and how to distract and avoid to reply a question:


„Who built the cages?“

as a response to the question about the locked up children that have been separated from their families and locked up alone in those cages - disregarding that those cages have not been built for that purpose.

https://apnews.com/article/election-202 … becfc7a5f3

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

2,145

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

ajb007/smile It was a far better debate than the first one, but that's damning with faint praise. But I think the bottom line is Trump didn't get the big win he needs, or rather Biden didn't make the mistakes Trump needed him to make.

2,146

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

A short BBC documentary on QAnon. This is a theory that belives Democrat and other elites are pedophile satanists and Covid-19 is a hoax. At least 14 QAnon belivers are on the ballot in the US election next week. QAnon also belive Trump is their savior. Trump really did re-Tweet a QAnon tweet not long ago.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-53507579

2,147

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

For once I have a question: Why do people in the US have to register to vote? Shouldn't being a citizen be enough?

2,148

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Number24 wrote:

For once I have a question: Why do people in the US have to register to vote? Shouldn't being a citizen be enough?

You have to register in the UK too.

2,149

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Really? But why?

2,150

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

I'm not 100% sure but I am assuming it's about who is eligible to vote. In the UK it's more than just citizens. It also involves the Commonwealth countries and EU nationals.

https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote


No idea about America.