Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Just trying  to educate myself  so thanks
It's different  when people you agree with attack the police and riot.  Thanks again guys  ajb007/martini

"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

point —-> missed.

Last edited by Higgins (7th Jan 2021 19:50)

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

And so it starts yet again ...  ajb007/rolleyes

No, I'm saying one violent act is more dangerous for the democracy in the US  than the other. I made it clear that the BLM rioting was serious in my post. It was a political and moral mistake by the Democrat leadership not distance themselves very clearly from the rioting and the arsony that happened.
But what happened last night was a direct attack on US democracy and the institution of the Congress and it was instigated and defended by the president of the United States. This is Watergate level serious.

Thunderpussy wrote:

Are you sure this wasn't one of those Peaceful protests they've had
for months. You know the peaceful looting and stealing, and Peaceful firebombing of Businesses  ?...
.... p

Whatabout.....?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

Ens007 wrote:

Surely we are not getting in to the realms of saying one form of rioting is better than another?!

You have stumbled upon a very good point, a point which exposes much of what is wrong today. Violence, rioting etc is acceptable to many people, just so long as it is done under their flag. They use it as a tool but give it another name, 'direct action' of such like. It's only when the opposing side does exactly the same thing does it become a riot and an 'outrage'. This unacceptable behaviour flip flops between both sides and creates even more anger, hatred and division to the point where they do not even know what they're fighting about in the end.

This will not go away. It will only intensify. There will be much heartache, violence and most likely loss of life ahead. Biden will never take the many millions of Trump supporters with him just as Trump could never take Biden supporters. The polarisation is complete and will be maintained for years to come. It will take a better leader than the USA has anywhere in it's system to take hold and bring the country together.

Meanwhile those who are behind it all, but stay in the shadows, sit by and watch this great game of chess play out.

Thunderpussy wrote:

Just trying  to educate myself  so thanks
It's different  when people you agree with attack the police and riot.  Thanks again guys  ajb007/martini

It has never before happened that the Congress has been broken into by a violent mob, and it was done to stop the legally elected president elect from taking office. Trump supported this attack on democracy. I've made it very clear that the BLM rioting was serious, but rioting in the streets has happened many times before in the US and other democracies.
What happened yesterday has never happened before in the US  and I think the only comparable event in British history was maybe Cromwell's coup way back in time.

Thanks again, I get the message ( Bursts balloon )  when it suits your politics
you'll condemn the Mob, and when  it suits your politics you'll defend their right
to protest  ?
I 'm learning a lot guys thanks  ajb007/martini

By the way I'm not using " You" against you N24, it's a generality

"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

No, you don't get the message at all.
I've never defended the BLM riots. I've called them serious again and again in these posts. The point I'm making is that those riots were not direct attacks on US democracy and the constitutional change of presidents after a legal election result.  And this ws instigated and supported by the president.

Don't worry my last word before I let you all go back to your Marxist Re-education thread  ajb007/biggrin

One way to fix this as, suggested by many here after the Brexit vote, A second vote ? as
Perhaps many voters didn't know what they were voting for .

This is bound to be popular as It was touted on this thread as a fix to Brexit  ajb007/biggrin

With That I'm done, I'll leave you guys in peace as the Political intellectuals of AJB   ajb007/cheers

What are you talking about, TP? "Marxist re-education thread". I've always been anti-communist. I was a soldier on the border of the USSR, willing to fight (and almost certainly die) to defend my country and your country against a Marxist dictatorship if neccesary.
I've also been very clear that the British people have every right to leave the EU. What I did critizise was how it happened. I think the Brexit referendum was bungled in a clumsy way by the government, leading to an unneccesarily lengthy and dividing Brexit process. I welcome political discussion here in this thread, but please stay serious and write about what we actually write and the opinions we actually have.

Topic closed while I catch up.

Re-opened.
TP and his big wooden spoon are off elsewhere.
I do realize that this last day or so has caused heightened emotions in all of us but please try and keep things controlled. I wasn't going to open this thread again but the obvious importance of recent events has forced my hand. I will close it again if necessary.

It has come to my notice through a PM, that many believe me to be controlled by Qanon.
I obviously dispute this but it seems the power of rumour is enough to convict.  No evidence
needed.  So in order to dispel any doubts. I'll never post anything on this thread again.  Once
again anyone who dares to have  a different thought from the " Correct thinking " will be
silenced. Either blatantly or inconspicuously behind closed doors.

Does anyone wonder why this thread gets closed so often?