1

Topic: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

I am looking to get a pair of the Sanders & Sanders Hi-Top Chukka Boots, but I'm unsure on which colour was used in SPECTRE, the Snuff or the Chocolate?

Does anyone know for sure?

Many thanks

Daniel

@danielgaster

2

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

Think it was snuff. 

Don’t want to be negative but they are not very well made.  Mine worn once for a few hours and the soles really worn - crazy

Instagram - bondclothes007

3

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

Mine too wore down remarkably quickly, they probably last much longer in the desert,  which is of course what crepe soles are for.  Also any slight wetness and on some surfaces they slip. I'd go for some lookalikes or some brown suede boots with a dainite sole.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

4

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

Herring makes a version that seems to be well reviewed. I have no experience with them:

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-i … oeid=11033

5

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

I agree - they don't wear well at all. Had a pair and the soles (in particular the 'foxing' around the sole edges looked awful after one wear.

They can't be resoled either.

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield"

6

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

Agreed with the above comments. I only wear mine once maybe twice a year.

7

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

The whole outfit felt very "costume" when I first saw it. I couldn't imagine myself going about my day dressed like that however it has since grown on me ever so slighty.

8

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

i've worn mine loads and not had any problems with wear at all.....i guess it depends on how light you are on your feet  ajb007/lol

9

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

I don't own a pair so can't comment but did see this morning via Instagram Mason and Sons are offering a free matching belt with the code BELTUP valid until midnight on Oct 4th.

They say in the same post Snuff was worn by Steve McQueen and Chocolate by DC in Spectre

10

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

This is why I'm thinking about it, however I always though that they were in Snuff (I think from watching Mantis's vlog on them) rather than in Chocolate!

When revisiting 'Bond Lifestyle' it said it was in either, so really don't know!

GS wrote:

I don't own a pair so can't comment but did see this morning via Instagram Mason and Sons are offering a free matching belt with the code BELTUP valid until midnight on Oct 4th.

They say in the same post Snuff was worn by Steve McQueen and Chocolate by DC in Spectre

@danielgaster

11

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

I don't think they've ever been positively id'd colour wise and of course those bloody filters in sp make discerning colours tricky. Personally I think they are more chocolate than snuff,  certainly chocolate looks nearer to what is seen on screen even if they are not sa.  My personal thoughts on these is that if you will only wear them occasionally then they are fine,  the uppers are quality but the sole material negates them as a pair of daily beaters. My issue was with the outside of the heal wearing quick   I replaced them with some delicious junction boots which look very similar but have a rubber sole and black separate foxing.  They've to date worn well.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

12

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

Isnt here a pap picture of DC walking around London in this outfit during the day?  Might help

Instagram - bondclothes007

13

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

welshboy78 wrote:

Isnt here a pap picture of DC walking around London in this outfit during the day?  Might help

Perhaps this might help? Snuff?


https://s1.postimg.cc/8u24a6zep7/image.jpg

14

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

Maybe it's my eyes but I'd say chocolate,  I had them in snuff and they're just more gingery. 
https://s1.postimg.cc/6d5ocqih23/20171002_171155.jpg

https://s1.postimg.cc/1u3n9rmncb/20171002_171215.jpg
Chocolate

https://s1.postimg.cc/88v0jiqwuj/20171002_171232.jpg
Snuff

It was either that.....or the priesthood

15

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

Chriscoop wrote:

Maybe it's my eyes but I'd say chocolate,  I had them in snuff and they're just more gingery. 
https://s1.postimg.cc/6d5ocqih23/20171002_171155.jpg

https://s1.postimg.cc/1u3n9rmncb/20171002_171215.jpg
Chocolate

https://s1.postimg.cc/88v0jiqwuj/20171002_171232.jpg
Snuff

Yeah it does look more chocolate then snuff. Doesn't matter though because I'm never buying another pair ajb007/lol .

16

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

It was either that.....or the priesthood

17

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

for those of you in the UK Next have the chocolate version at £180 which is a tenner cheaper than elsewhere...

18

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

I had the Sanders from before they appeared Spectre (nice when that happens!) and they've lasted OK but are starting to get tatty around the edge of the crepe. A delicate trim with scissors can help keep them tidy.

The Herring shoes look to be a similar sole but I have recently ordered these: https://www.thegothicshoecompany.com/co … rown-suede - under half the price at £79.99 and a different look to the sole but from underneath only. More the Steve McQueen brown than the Spectre brown but I'm curious to see if more robust. I'll update once received.

19

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

I've worn mine, in Snuff, many times, and they haven't worn at all.

Can you swim?

20

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

Maybe it's bigger guys having the wear issues?

It was either that.....or the priesthood

21

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

Blair and I are essentially the same size........but we have had very different experiences

Chriscoop wrote:

Maybe it's bigger guys having the wear issues?

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

22

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

CDP wrote:

I had the Sanders from before they appeared Spectre (nice when that happens!) and they've lasted OK but are starting to get tatty around the edge of the crepe. A delicate trim with scissors can help keep them tidy.

The Herring shoes look to be a similar sole but I have recently ordered these: https://www.thegothicshoecompany.com/co … rown-suede - under half the price at £79.99 and a different look to the sole but from underneath only. More the Steve McQueen brown than the Spectre brown but I'm curious to see if more robust. I'll update once received.

I look forward to your review about these boots fit and durability.

23

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

Westward_Drift wrote:
CDP wrote:

I had the Sanders from before they appeared Spectre (nice when that happens!) and they've lasted OK but are starting to get tatty around the edge of the crepe. A delicate trim with scissors can help keep them tidy.

The Herring shoes look to be a similar sole but I have recently ordered these: https://www.thegothicshoecompany.com/co … rown-suede - under half the price at £79.99 and a different look to the sole but from underneath only. More the Steve McQueen brown than the Spectre brown but I'm curious to see if more robust. I'll update once received.

I look forward to your review about these boots fit and durability.

These are very similar to the delicious junction boots I bought after the sanders,  mine have worn pretty well just a bit of minimal wear on the heel which is normal for me
They've been worn in rain, sun you name it, they are pretty good at this price point imo
https://s1.postimg.cc/55f4s3y1dn/20171011_183543.jpg

https://s1.postimg.cc/1lt72b1r2z/20171011_183518.jpg

https://s1.postimg.cc/3vc7lsshln/20171011_183441.jpg

It was either that.....or the priesthood

24

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

Delicious Junction are way too small and narrow for me. Gothic makes them to order, so I will have to ask them about fitting a wide foot with high instep.

25

Re: Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

CDP wrote:

The Herring shoes look to be a similar sole but I have recently ordered these: https://www.thegothicshoecompany.com/co … rown-suede - under half the price at £79.99 and a different look to the sole but from underneath only. More the Steve McQueen brown than the Spectre brown but I'm curious to see if more robust. I'll update once received.

+1 for Gothic Shoe Co.  Made to order and good quality-to-price ratio.  They sell on Etsy as well.