Las Vegas Shooting

Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
I was just about to sleep when I saw that Casey Neistat uploaded a video to help the people affected by the Las Vegas attack and to my ignorance, more than 500 people were injured and at least 50 dead in the deadliest shooting America has ever seen.
I'm not an American but it is disgusting how one person can be so evil. A true terrorist.
People usually open up such threads, so I thought I'd do the same.
a reasonable rate of return

Comments

• Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 386MI6 Agent
    I'm curious how he acquired fully automatic weapons...they are very regulated and very expensive...all sorts of things about this don't make sense..

Prayers for all those affected by this madman...
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    A very sad affair and my condolences to all concerned this truly was a henus crime. As we say beware the terrorist within. They only have to be llucky once we have to be lucky every day. Some days that luck runs out.

Ultimately a weapon is just a tool, it’s the person holding it that commits the final act and poses the threat.

My thoughts to all and may those who have paid the ultimate price rest in peace - a sad day indeed.
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    This idiot was able to lay his hands on 10 guns, at least 1 full auto. My country's gun restrictions SUCK.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I'm starting to waiver a bit on the gun law side of things, I'm someone who puts the blame squarely on the person who pulls the trigger, but should a normal Joe be able to get his hands on military grade fully automatic rifles? I'm just not sure about that. The sheer magnitude of the casualties here is terrifying.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ml94ml94 FinlandPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    Normal day nothing else.
    "Bond, James Bond"
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    My prayers go the the victims and there families. This was a truly sensesless act.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    edited October 2017
    A legal executive in CBS posted on Facebook that she had no sympathy with the victims because they were country and western fans and hence pro-gun Republicans. :o
    Seriously suggesting people deserve to get murdered because of their taste in music is sickening - Thankfully she was fired soon after.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    As in another thread, There are some very ignorant people around. To try and make a joke of this or
    Any atrocity is shameful. :# empathy obviously means nothing to her.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I'm not sure she was even joking. She wrote that voting for another party and listening to different music than she does is reason enough not to feel for murder victims.
    She sounds a wonderfully warm and caring individual. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    She also talks rubbish and has no knowledge of her fellow countrymen, today on radio2 two country and western singers were interviewed about it, both said that neither of them have ever owned a gun, don't understand the desire to have one and don't know anyone who does own one....
    Did I really just hear trump say " in many was what happened in Vegas was a miracle "? He needs to read a dictionary.
    Some stories of true heroism from Vegas, off duty servicemen plugging peoples wounds with their fingers, off duty and on duty policemen standing up to present a target and draw fire from those seeking cover on the ground, humans can be remarkable as well as truly evil.
    edited October 2017
    Trump doesn't seem to have a great grasp on English, as the rest of us know it, and I agree these terrible
    Events show the full range of human nature. From the coward who pulls the trigger to the many heroes
    Who try and help in all sorts of ways. From acting as human shields, to simp!y giving blood.

https://youtu.be/ruYeBXudsds
    Jimmy Kimmel on the shootings.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I'm not sure she was even joking. She wrote that voting for another party and listening to different music than she does is reason enough not to feel for murder victims.

Wow, that‘s nasty.

Reminds me of a pm that I‘ve received from a member here after I‘ve stated my take on firearms.
    He told me that if I had buglars in the house, there would be no work to be done for the police than drawing a white line around my dead body 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Wow, that‘s nasty.

Reminds me of a pm that I‘ve received from a member here after I‘ve stated my take on firearms.
    He told me that if I had buglars in the house, there would be no work to be done for the police than drawing a white line around my dead body 8-)

Lovely. Firearms discussions. They always bring the idiots out.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I wonder what confused reason the killer had that made him pull the trigger? It wasn't an impulsive act.
    There are no signs that he was motivation by politics or religion.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I wonder what confused reason the killer had that made him pull the trigger? It wasn't an impulsive act.
    There are no signs that he was motivation by politics or religion.

It did say on the TV news here in the UK that his father was a notorious bank robber, described in an official file as a psychopath with suicidal tendencies so perhaps it's a case of like father, like son? In any event, Isil have claimed responsibility for the mass shooting(!)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    ISIL will claim responsibility for any mass death in the news to get more attention.
    Hopefully these sort of outlandish claims will hurt what little news credibility the bunch of
    crazy, death cult psychos had. They will even claim a car accident. Only back tracking on the
    Miami shootings, when they found out the killer had been homosexual .
    Number24 wrote:
    ISIL will claim responsibility for any mass death in the news to get more attention.

Yes, because they are also fanatical in their terminal idiocy and they think that the general public are as stupid as they themselves are!
    It must have been incredibly difficult for the police to pin-point where the shooting was coming from. The chaos plus all those tall buildings creating echoes of the shots. It's really impressive how the police got to the right room in less than ten minutes.
    Number24 wrote:
    It must have been incredibly difficult for the police to pin-point where the shooting was coming from. The chaos plus all those tall buildings creating echoes of the shots. It's really impressive how the police got to the right room in less than ten minutes.
    The rooms smoke alarm was going off from the amount of gunsmoke, the will have showed up on the hotels system.
    I didn't know that.
    It's nice that Trump has managed to seem presidential (so far) when reacting to this tragedy.
    I think the country needs that.
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    The only reason the media don't refer to the shooter as a terrorist is that he is white.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Jag wrote:
    The only reason the media don't refer to the shooter as a terrorist is that he is white.

I don’t agree with you there...terrorists normally have some cause they are fighting for - what’s his?
    I don’t believe skin colour has anything to do with it.
    YNWA 97
    I Agreed, if there was any terrorist connection. It would be
    Mentioned by now. It would seem he's just another sad
    Inadequate, out for revenge against the world.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    regardless of his skin colour or any other excuse we can come up with ,we must remember lots of innocent people have been killed or injured ,it dosent matter if they were country &western fans (like me) or rock and rollers or reggae fans ,they was out to have a great time . Our prayers must be for the victims .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Jag wrote:

I don’t agree with you there...terrorists normally have some cause they are fighting for - what’s his?
    I don’t believe skin colour has anything to do with it.
    A bit blinkered there Jag, many crimes and murders are committed by people who aren't white every day and they are not classed as terrorism.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent
    To be fair to Jag, the lines are a bit blurred. Often the police and media will label something an act of terrorism as a sort of pep talk for the public, when it really is just some nutter - as it is here. I mean, we are generally talking about a certain kind of humiliated bloke, and the motivation they cite isn't necessarily to be taken at face value. Just because someone says or even thinks they are acting for Isil, it doesn't actually follow that the real reason is that they're kind of sick.

It is ironic that at a time when Trump is trying to stop a nutter in North Korea get hold of a weapon, on his own turf it's maintained that allowing everyone weapons - even nutters - makes everyone safer.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Imo, Jimmy Kimmel said everything to the topic - and it‘s well worth watching the video.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/03/arts/television/kimmel-vegas-shooting.html
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!