51

Re: Site Hosting Move

My phone seems to be ok again.

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

52

Re: Site Hosting Move

Strange. I got the "You are logged in but..." message about cookies, yet when I click on AJB I'm taken to the message home page and if I click on "New posts" I get them without doing anything to my cookies (or biscuits, if I'm in the SABS for afternoon tea).

53

Re: Site Hosting Move

Higgins wrote:

I am continuously getting logged out on my Macbook Pro

Sir Miles requested this upgrade  ajb007/biggrin

Instagram - bondclothes007

54

Re: Site Hosting Move

Ive had no problem so far.

Thanks to Simon for the hard work and time  ajb007/martini

Instagram - bondclothes007

55

Re: Site Hosting Move

welshboy78 wrote:

Ive had no problem so far.

Thanks to Simon for the hard work and time  ajb007/martini

Forgot to mention that bit! Yup...big thanks to Simon for all his continuing hard work so that we can continue to play and act immaturely. Well, some of us, at least.

56

Re: Site Hosting Move

The Domino Effect wrote:

Strange. I got the "You are logged in but..." message about cookies, yet when I click on AJB I'm taken to the message home page and if I click on "New posts" I get them without doing anything to my cookies (or biscuits, if I'm in the SABS for afternoon tea).

Yes, I got this message too upon logging in tonight. When I cleared the message I found I was logged in anyhow. Must be some sort of little glitch due to the recent upgrade/changeover.

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

57

Re: Site Hosting Move

No issues for me either - I only use my phone to login on AJB...well, no issues other than still seeing green trainers here  ajb007/rolleyes  ajb007/tongue

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

58

Re: Site Hosting Move

Silhouette Man wrote:
The Domino Effect wrote:

Strange. I got the "You are logged in but..." message about cookies, yet when I click on AJB I'm taken to the message home page and if I click on "New posts" I get them without doing anything to my cookies (or biscuits, if I'm in the SABS for afternoon tea).

Yes, I got this message too upon logging in tonight. When I cleared the message I found I was logged in anyhow. Must be some sort of little glitch due to the recent upgrade/changeover.

Add this humble mod to the list. . .this afternoon I logged in on my work computer (yes, I'm allowed to do it) and was told I wasn't logged in. . .but I was!  No problems on my home computer, where I'm automatically logged in.

Vox clamantis in deserto

59

Re: Site Hosting Move

I pretty much always use my phone. Only difference I noticed is I need to touch login before I was always automatically logged in

Anthony

60

Re: Site Hosting Move

I always use my phone to,  but I'm staying logged in  ajb007/confused

It was either that.....or the priesthood

61

Re: Site Hosting Move

Still getting this message on logging in to AJB. Maybe I have to clear my cookies or something?

Forum message
You appear to have logged in successfully, however a cookie has not been set. Please check your settings and if applicable, enable cookies for this website.

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

62

Re: Site Hosting Move

Me too. I think it's intentional to keep out the riff-raff by forcing us to make those additional clicks. Sort of like a digital initiation  ajb007/cool

63

Re: Site Hosting Move

The Domino Effect wrote:

Me too. I think it's intentional to keep out the riff-raff by forcing us to make those additional clicks. Sort of like a digital initiation  ajb007/cool

Well I am riff-raff. I just hope that they don't force the Brokenclaw o-kee-pa initiation ceremony on us!  ajb007/amazed

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

64

Re: Site Hosting Move

Silhouette Man wrote:
The Domino Effect wrote:

Me too. I think it's intentional to keep out the riff-raff by forcing us to make those additional clicks. Sort of like a digital initiation  ajb007/cool

Well I am riff-raff. I just hope that they don't force the Brokenclaw o-kee-pa initiation ceremony on us!  ajb007/amazed

If they do, then I'm gone for sure!  ajb007/biggrin

65

Re: Site Hosting Move

I just got "system 500" error pages or however that page reads, for about five minutes, trying to navigate the forum
its happened a couple times over the last day or two, like the site is intermittently disconnecting from the outside world

66

Re: Site Hosting Move

caractacus potts wrote:

I just got "system 500" error pages or however that page reads, for about five minutes, trying to navigate the forum
its happened a couple times over the last day or two, like the site is intermittently disconnecting from the outside world

Yes, it has come to my attention that the new host is a bit more strict on how the site runs. It would appear that the site uses a lot of resources and sometimes the new host cuts them off. I am looking in to what I can do without costing me a fortune!

Google is also experiencing / causing the problems!

Simon

67

Re: Site Hosting Move

I have turned a couple of high load, unused settings off on the forum and will see if that helps at all. Unfortunately I think the software is past it and I need to pull my finger out and get the upgrade finished!

Simon

68

Re: Site Hosting Move

Hm, can't seem to see who's logged in now- so many guests, etc.

69

Re: Site Hosting Move

SiCo, would it help any if there was a clear out of dead threads- eg


Newbie Hi there, who do you think is the best James Bond?

Mod Hello Newbie, we already have 14 similar threads (lists a few), closing this one.


Or would that make little or no difference?

70

Re: Site Hosting Move

Barbel wrote:

Hm, can't seem to see who's logged in now- so many guests, etc.

Yes, same here, Barbel. It's just showing this at the moment:

Total number of registered users: 13,953 Newest registered user: operas phantom
Total number of topics: 21,347

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

71

Re: Site Hosting Move

SiCo wrote:

I have turned a couple of high load, unused settings off on the forum and will see if that helps at all. Unfortunately I think the software is past it and I need to pull my finger out and get the upgrade finished!

Would the number of view a thread has had be one of these features?

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

72

Re: Site Hosting Move

minigeff wrote:
SiCo wrote:

I have turned a couple of high load, unused settings off on the forum and will see if that helps at all. Unfortunately I think the software is past it and I need to pull my finger out and get the upgrade finished!

Would the number of view a thread has had be one of these features?

It would appear so.

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

73

Re: Site Hosting Move

some serious connection issues today.
I've been noticing the forum getting grindingly slow over the last couple of days, trying to get from page to page.
Then for the last hour just "system 500" error pages 

or this message:
"An error was encountered
Unable to connect to MySQL and select database. MySQL reported: User ajb_mysql already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
Note: For detailed error information (necessary for troubleshooting), enable "DEBUG mode". To enable "DEBUG mode", open up the file config.php in a text editor, add a line that looks like "define('FORUM_DEBUG', 1);" (without the quotation marks), and re-upload the file. Once you've solved the problem, it is recommended that "DEBUG mode" be turned off again (just remove the line from the file and re-upload it)."

I tried in both Explorer and Chrome, same error messages either way

also my email doesn't like the email address the 500 error message suggests, webmaster@ajb.co.uk. Says its not a proper email address and demands I change it.

74

Re: Site Hosting Move

Yes, me too. I've alerted SiCo.

75

Re: Site Hosting Move

Either the above or:

“Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ajb007.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.”

Surprised it’s let me on long enough to post this.