WTB: MONCLER Solden Jacket

Hello,

does anyone have the Moncler jacket to sell which the TF Jacket was based on?
Size XL or XXL.

Thank you!
President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

Comments

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Hello,

Size XL or XXL.

Thank you!

I've been wondering about this jacket as well but i have a hard time understanding how Moncler does their sizing. What chest size does an XL and XXL correspond to and do you know what the sku is for this jacket?

Thanks,

Mike
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    I have one of these in Navy in a medium and I am a 38-40 chest.

I hope this helps

I see them come up in the US a lot places like Barneys etc. Also seen a few recently on eBay in larger sizes. Actually bought mine in Copenhagen few years back thanks to a pointer from someone on AJB (it coincided with a Biz trip there)

Good luck!

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Hello,

Size XL or XXL.

Thank you!

Are you getting the boots, trousers and hat to go with it :D
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    The one that TF seems to have based theirs on appears to have been a very rare version that was stocked by Harrods (never seen another retailer sell it)

Not sure if Higgy means this specific one or the other more common ones which are about but not as accurate
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I‘d prefer the Harrods version, but the other will do, too.
    Can you point us to the differences Harrods vs. the common ones?

And the name is HIGGINS X-(

Will see if I can dig out the pics of the Harrods one!!!
    Here is a generic Moncler

image.jpg?dl=1

Here is the Harrods Moncler edition that I think they ripped off

3609360.jpg?dl=1

I did have better pics but long gone
    Thanks, Welshie. That Harrods Version looks much better, so that‘ll be my preference.

I have a bad feeling it was ultra rare as it was only ever spotted on Harrods site. Moncler when contacted seemed clueless about it also.

A few members grabbed one if I remember correctly and it fitted / sized very small also!!!

You might have to sell a Kermit and buy a TF :D
    These Kermits don't go! X-(

welshboy78 wrote:
    I have a bad feeling it was ultra rare as it was only ever spotted on Harrods site. Moncler when contacted seemed clueless about it also.

A few members grabbed one if I remember correctly and it fitted / sized very small also!!!

Do you have a general idea of what the price was of the Harrods Moncler jacket?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

I recall it retailing for around £800.
    MikeG77 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

I recall it retailing for around £800.

That's not terrible.
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Hello,

Size XL or XXL.

Thank you!

I've been wondering about this jacket as well but i have a hard time understanding how Moncler does their sizing. What chest size does an XL and XXL correspond to and do you know what the sku is for this jacket?

Thanks,

Mike

I have a Moncler (in dark blue), I'm a 48" chest and have the XXXL. It's a slim fitting jacket, this is because its meant to be an under layer to go beneath a jacket or similar for skiing. Moncler started with down jackets and sports wear.
    Lovely jacket which I do wear as an outer layer with either shirt/polo shirt or turtle neck underneath.
    Still turn up from time to time on Lyst and other places.
    Here's a black one.
    https://www.stylebop.com/en-gb/men/jacket-with-down-filling-277962.html
    Grab one if you can if you want the original inspiration behind the Solden or go for one of Dan's Royale jackets if you want a more SA one.
    if money is no object go TF but some people have said its not as good (quality wise) as the Moncler or Royale.
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Llafyks wrote:
    if money is no object go TF but some people have said its not as good (quality wise) as the Moncler or Royale.

I don't recall any members stating that the Royale is better quality wise than that of the TF, just certain details being more acurate to the screen version (e.g. zip length).
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    McQueen wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:

I don't recall any members stating that the Royale is better quality wise than that of the TF, just certain details being more acurate to the screen version (e.g. zip length).

I have the three and honestly the TF has the best wool quality.
    Commandant wrote:
    McQueen wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:

I have the three and honestly the TF has the best wool quality.

Considering its almost double the price of the Moncler it should have the best wool quality.
    Cant knock tom ford quality if honest - very high like the price
    Llafyks wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Hello,

Size XL or XXL.

Thank you!

Thanks,

Mike

I have a Moncler (in dark blue), I'm a 48" chest and have the XXXL. It's a slim fitting jacket, this is because its meant to be an under layer to go beneath a jacket or similar for skiing. Moncler started with down jackets and sports wear.
    Lovely jacket which I do wear as an outer layer with either shirt/polo shirt or turtle neck underneath.
    Still turn up from time to time on Lyst and other places.
    Here's a black one.
    https://www.stylebop.com/en-gb/men/jacket-with-down-filling-277962.html
    Grab one if you can if you want the original inspiration behind the Solden or go for one of Dan's Royale jackets if you want a more SA one.

I'm not partial to that particular version because of how the pocket stitching but i appreciate the info. The one i like i and that i think everyone is after is the Harrods version but apparently its very rare!. The Royale is nice BUT its not available in a XXL at this time and the bigger issue is the the blend of the knit part of the jacket. The Tom Ford jacket is Merino Wool whole the Royale contains cotton is not the end of the world but if it gets wet it will hold onto the water while the Tom Ford will not. I am going to get a TF next month when Mr. Porter has a sale :v
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Wasn't sure were to post this, but I saw an original Moncler Solden jacket in XL at Neiman Marcus at International Mall in Tampa Florida for $735 USD:

IMG_9925.jpg

I imagine a simple call to that store location could confirm the details and allow a purchase through shipping, likely even internationally. Hope this can be of some help.

All the best,

-{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    Harrods one was different then that one
    welshboy78 wrote:

Correct. This is definitely not the Harrods one. I wasn't sure if Higgins was set on only the Harrods one and thought someone else might be interested. -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I bought the Harrods one in Medium and had to send it back as far to small, seen it once on eBay and it was £600 for it in large but someone else bought it.
    I have a load of photos I can add later
    Ross
    welshboy78 wrote:

Correct. This is definitely not the Harrods one. I wasn't sure if Higgins was set on only the Harrods one and thought someone else might be interested. -{

Thanks a lot for the info.
    I‘d prefer the Harrods variant indeed. {[]

Higgins wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Thanks a lot for the info.
    I‘d prefer the Harrods variant indeed. {[]

Can't blame ya. The original looks nice, but that Harrods looks the business! {[]