DC's New Crockett & Jones Molton Boots

sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
Looks like DC has got himself a New pair of Crockett & Jones Molton boots, these were recently custom made in a Brown Rough-Out Suede (similar to thes https://www.crockettandjones.com/the-article/aw16-rough-out-suede-suitable-for-winter/) and Danite rubber sole.

Screen_Shot_2018-01-11_at_8.10.39_AM.png

As with the Brown and Black Suede Molton's I'm putting together a limited run of these boots, C&J now requite a minimum of 12 and Im thinking not to exceed 19 so there will be only 20 pairs of these in the world including DC's.

The cost will be £400, minus VAT for those outside the UK will be £333.35, postage will vary depending on location, I know USA will be about £30.

We have 6 spots filled up so if you would like a pair of these please let me know:

1. sruzgar
2. MrEddy21
3. Welshboy
4. jarednomak
5. wardlem
6. Dank

Comments

• Obi Sean KenobiObi Sean Kenobi Posts: 215MI6 Agent
    I’d like a pair - US 10.5
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    A couple of weeks ago, actually just before DC was shot wearing his new rough-out Molton's, I dug though AJB to find the "Daniel Craig Crockett & Jones boots" thread, and after contacting C&J, I was going to post on there to see if anyone was interested in a new run of the regular brown suede...so yes i'm 100% in for this!
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    Unfortunately the link provided is not working. Could you tell me which boot you're referencing so I can do a Google search? I'd like to get a general idea of the boot before I put my name on the list.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Unfortunately the link provided is not working. Could you tell me which boot you're referencing so I can do a Google search? I'd like to get a general idea of the boot before I put my name on the list.

https://www.crockettandjones.com/the-article/aw16-rough-out-suede-suitable-for-winter/

Hopefully the above works, if not just search Crockett and Jones rough out suede in Google and its the first result.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    edited January 2018
    MikeG77 wrote:

Mike

Here is a thread on the original run of the black version (as worn by DC). A run of DCs brown version also happened.

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/41931/daniel-craig-crockett-jones-boots/

In summary this is DCs 3rd custom pair of Molton boots and Simon has co-ordinated with CJ to produce a special AJB run each time. If you try to buy a pair individually (non group run) then it will cost nearly double for one pair.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    edited January 2018
    Please add me to the list.

Couple of questions - pm sent -{
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent
    I have a question about this type of thing. I’m a big Bond fan obviously and love C&J shoes as well. I think I’ve got about eight pairs and have got loads of Bond related items mainly from the DC era.

Something like this hasn’t really got anything to do with Bond as such, just worn by the current Bond actor and only seen recently unless I’ve missed something. Those who are signing up to buy, is it because you like the look of the boots, is it to be like DC or is it some kind of investment?
    Yes. Considerably!
    edited January 2018
    To be totally honest I need another pair of CJs (or in fact any boots) like I need a hole in the head!!!

However I am a sucker for suede boots / chukkas and the Moltons are fantastic quality like all CJs.

If these were another CJ shoe worn by DC or another colour variation I would prob pass for sure, however its the roughed up suede which is appealing to me since I usually rough them up myself and wont mind wearing these in my more often then not crap weather.

I wear chukkas every day but my Moltons are kept for best and not had as many outings as they should. I think I would wear the hell out of these ones.

Nice having ltd edition CJs but thats more of a bonus.

Ive never bought into the “investment” thing with clothes and think its a bit daft to be honest. I might get my money back on rare Skyfall or Quantum ties but I would expect to take a hit on most everything else. After the initial buzz of a film, items of clothes appear to take a dive back to reality unless exceptionally iconic and rare. Ive taken a heavy hit on SPECTRE items that I acquired the wrong size etc
    Anyhow to get back on topic

1. sruzgar
    2. MrEddy21
    3. Welshboy
    4. jarednomak
    5. wardlem
    6. Dank
    7. JTM
    8. Dufus
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    Richard James shoes are made by C&J and they have the “Tetbury” (same 348 “last”) in a roughed out suede. Provides some comparison and also shows what a good price the one-off run of Molton’s is.

https://www.richard-james.com/shop/product/boots-roughout-suede-chukka?color=shoes-chocolate-suede

Please add me to the list for the Molton’s!
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    9. ExpatJB :))
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    1. sruzgar
    2. MrEddy21
    3. Welshboy
    4. jarednomak
    5. wardlem
    6. Dank
    7. JTM
    8. Dufus
    9) ExpatJB
    10) Cederic0011
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    What last do the Moltons use?
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Welshy thanks for fielding inquiry’s in my absence!

These are the boots in the pic I posted and hey are brown, the link was to show an example of C&J rough out suede only.

To answer some other questions payment will be required at time of placing the order and they will take roughly 16 weeks to deliver (hopefully sooner)

For those that have added name to the list can you please DM me with your filll name, email address, shoe size and location.
    Gmykata we wouldn’t want that.
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    add me for a pair please Simon
    shilton125 wrote:
    add me for a pair please Simon

Will do, can you please DM me with your full name, email address, shoe size and location.
  • Obi Sean KenobiObi Sean Kenobi Posts: 215MI6 Agent
    7) obi sean Kenobi
    Obi Sean Kenobi you are on the list, please DM me your email address and state
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I’ve got more suede Chukka / Chelsea’s from C&j ,Russle&Bromley,and Hackett (1980 era) than I know what to do with,but I do like DC s pink socks in the picture ;
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    I’ve got more suede Chukka / Chelsea’s from C&j ,Russle&Bromley,and Hackett (1980 era) than I know what to do with,but I do like DC s pink socks in the picture ;

The socks are more in my price range this month. :# :))

Congrats on reaching the minimum amount for the order so quickly. {[]
    Simon,

I would like to be added to the list for this order and i have sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Mike
    edited January 2018
    I know according to the Crockett and Jones site the Tetbury uses the same last (348) as the Molton but i want to make sure i pick the correct size. The only boots i have for a point of reference are my Timberland Brook Park chukkas which are a US 9.5/UK 9 but i wanted to get some feedback on the sizing from other Molton owners! I don't want to make a mistake on sizing especially when this is my 1st order from Crockett and Jones!

Any assistance is much appreciated!
    JTM wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

https://www.crockettandjones.com/the-article/aw16-rough-out-suede-suitable-for-winter/

Hopefully the above works, if not just search Crockett and Jones rough out suede in Google and its the first result.

Thanks for providing me the link!
    MikeG77 wrote:
    I know according to the Crockett and Jones site the Tetbury uses the same last (348) as the Molton but i want to make sure i pick the correct size. The only boots i have for a point of reference are my Timberland Brook Park chukkas which are a US 9.5/UK 9 but i wanted to get some feedback on the sizing from other Molton owners! I don't want to make a mistake on sizing especially when this is my 1st order from Crockett and Jones!

Any assistance is much appreciated!

I don't have the Molton's but I do have the Tetbury's. I take a half size smaller in C&J than I do in 95% of other shoe brands. I tried the Tetbury in my usual size but they didn't work for me at all and I had to replace them with a half size down. I think most people have found the same thing but I'm sure others will confirm.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    edited January 2018
    I had thought that the Molton uses the 336 last. Found a pic of a pair on ebay and on the box it says Last 336.
    The toe in the pic on page one is definitely more round then the Tetbury boot.
    TheExit148 wrote:
    I had thought that the Molton uses the 336 last. Found a pic of a pair on ebay and on the box it says Last 336.

Yeah its Last 336. Not same as Tetburys
    edited January 2018
    In what way does it affect sizing? I can’t see the 336 on the C&J last Guide and I’m basing my size choice on my Tetburys so a comparison would be appreciated! I don’t want to end up with the wrong size.....
    TheExit148 wrote:

I looked the the toe box and I thought to myself that the toe is shaped differently so they couldn't be the same but it's a good thing I asked! Does anyone have any information on the 336 last and sizing because I may need to update my requested size.

Thanks,

Mike
    MikeG77 wrote:
    TheExit148 wrote:

I looked the the toe box and I thought to myself that the toe is shaped differently so they couldn't be the same but it's a good thing I asked! Does anyone have any information on the 336 last and sizing because I may need to update my requested size.

Thanks,

Mike

Same here!