Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

I seriously doubt it, but I'll throw it in the pot for speculation...Tom Ford watches are now available. I doubt Bond would leave Omega, but just thought I'd share.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watc … ollection/

Can't say I'm a fan of the date at 6 o'clock. They add back one "Bond" element and take away a few others.

Sadly, I can foresee the new Seamaster being slapped on Bond’s wrist - especially if nobody buys it at first.

JET007 wrote:

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watc … ollection/

Can't say I'm a fan of the date at 6 o'clock. They add back one "Bond" element and take away a few others.

Maybe the Bond edition will put the date window back ajb007/smile

Instagram - bondclothes007

Not a fan of how pronounced the dial waves are in comparison to the original more subtle waves.

Honestly they really butchered the watch and the dial is AWFUL! Some of the other aesthetic changes are definitely odd like the 6 o'clock date the open case back but I'll have to see one in the metal to make a clear determination. Based on the pictures i see no need to upgrade to this watch when my 2535.80 has a way better design!

Last edited by MikeG77 (21st Mar 2018 17:21)

At 5:20 OMEGA VP Product & Customer Service Jean-Claude Monachon declares that "There will be a watch coming for that...(Bond 25)" So MAYBE not a Seamaster 300m....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nBvhwU_krk&t=29s

Last edited by 0073 (22nd Mar 2018 10:55)

"I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
-Mr Arlington Beech

For me that weird conical shape of the Helium valve is really irritating, I guess I'll need some time to get used to this one.

After having seen the interview i think there will be a new version of the seamaster 300 or the planet ocean for the movie, which has not been unveiled yet.

And i highly suggest them not to give him the new seamaster 300, it looks like a kids toy swatch regarding the dial. They really messed this one up..totally agree

Remember though, that he might be talking about another 007 Collectors Edition rather than a specific new screen used watch...

But I also agree, I don't like this latest edition of the Seamaster.

I must say that is a huge disappointment. Omega are seriously losing the plot..

The 1993 Seamaster and 2006 Planet Ocean are design classics. They are practical and look classy. Rolex have never really messed with the Submariner, because they know there is no need to!! Omega seem to be obsessed with changing the designs of these once classic watches for change sake. Really cheapens the brand IMO ajb007/mad

"Any of the opposition around..?"

The Red Kind wrote:

The 1993 Seamaster and 2006 Planet Ocean are design classics. They are practical and look classy. Rolex have never really messed with the Submariner, because they know there is no need to!! Omega seem to be obsessed with changing the designs of these once classic watches for change sake. Really cheapens the brand IMO ajb007/mad

Yeah seriously, I think the Brosnan era Seamaster is still their best design by far. that will always be the ultimate Bond Omega to me. Craig just wears way too many that they barely have enough time or exposure to really stand out.

walther p99 wrote:
The Red Kind wrote:

Yeah seriously, I think the Brosnan era Seamaster is still their best design by far. that will always be the ultimate Bond Omega to me. Craig just wears way too many that they barely have enough time or exposure to really stand out.

Agreed. The Brosnan-era automatic Seamaster is the best, and the CR PO could’ve become Craig’s staple, but Omega’s constant need to tweak designs and throw random watches on Bond’s wrist undermined that opportunity. My dislike for Omega is intensifying.

In any event, next year’s Baselworld should shed more light on Bond’s watch(es) in 25 than this one - assuming the detectives here haven’t already broken that news in the interim.

Miles Messervy wrote:
walther p99 wrote:
The Red Kind wrote:

Agreed. The Brosnan-era automatic Seamaster is the best, and the CR PO could’ve become Craig’s staple, but Omega’s constant need to tweak designs and throw random watches on Bond’s wrist undermined that opportunity. My dislike for Omega is intensifying.

I think the 2220.80 which was worn by Pierce Brosnan and then Daniel Craig is the sweet spot for the Seamaster because its so versatile where as The Planet Ocean is a nice watch but its too thick especially once they went to a sapphire caseback.

Whilst my wife was shopping I decided to kill some time by looking at our local omega dealers watches.  I noticed there were a couple of omegas on different nato straps, one sporting the colours of the italian flag.  I got talking to the sales assistant who told me that omega had released many natos.  I checked the website and there are now 40 you can buy
www.omegawatches.com/omega-nato-straps-031cwz007566w

Looking through the site I also found an omega that I thought could be a contender for bond 25
www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-600m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-gmt-45-5-mm-21592462201001

The black ceramic on black rubber strap is the one I am talking about as I think the others would be a bit too colourful.  Interested to know peoples thoughts on this one.

I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me

The brown NATO band is gorgeous.
There is a high probability that the next bond watch will be in ceramic (IMHO).
Price is not cheap

StiffassBrit wrote:

Whilst my wife was shopping I decided to kill some time by looking at our local omega dealers watches.  I noticed there were a couple of omegas on different nato straps, one sporting the colours of the italian flag.  I got talking to the sales assistant who told me that omega had released many natos.  I checked the website and there are now 40 you can buy
www.omegawatches.com/omega-nato-straps-031cwz007566w

Looking through the site I also found an omega that I thought could be a contender for bond 25
www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-600m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-gmt-45-5-mm-21592462201001

The black ceramic on black rubber strap is the one I am talking about as I think the others would be a bit too colourful.  Interested to know peoples thoughts on this one.

Must admit I was thinking black ceramic would be perfect for a mission watch but not really an everyday watch with his TF Suits. But that said he did wear SM300 on a NATO with his suits in Italy in SPECTRE and Bond never really been one to follow convention at times.

Either way my gut feel is it will be a special PO (maybe black Ti) or SMP variant. Or they could throw a curve ball and give him a DeVille who knows after he wore a more classic watch at the end of SP.

Still think a shot of him in RN uniform with a Black Seamaster on a NATO would be the cool shot missing from any of his films maybe as he arrives on board the new Queen Elizabeth carrier for an overseas mission.

Cheers  ajb007/bond

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

I think the ceramic Omega rumour did the rounds last time.

I guess nobody really knows and just looking at options not yet used.  They seem to keep the watch locked down well

Instagram - bondclothes007

I would love if the NATO strap came back again in Bond 25. It's the perfect strap for a Bond that's more tactically inclined like Craig's portrayal is since its not shiny and noisy.

I'm not sure about the new Seamaster. But I know one thing, the pictures on Omega's website always fail to impress me. Most Omega watches look a lot better in real life.

I would love to see Craig end his run with a big Planet Ocean on his wrist. It is the watch that 'defines' Craigs tenure for me.

1. Ohmss   2. Frwl   3. Op   4. Tswlm   5. Tld   6. Ge  7. Yolt 8. Lald   9. Cr   10. Ltk   11. Dn   12. Gf   13. Qos   14. Mr   15. Tmwtgg   16. Fyeo   17. Twine   18. Sf   19. Tb   20 Tnd   21. Spectre   22 Daf   23. Avtak   24. Dad

+1 for a PO. It’s the quintessential Craig Bond watch for me, Like Brozza’s SMP, Roger’s Seikos, and Connery’s big crown Sub.

Agree, they need to tweak the PO and make it look more classic like the first generation he wore in CR/QOS (modeled after the 1968 SM300 which Craig owns)....The new Seamaster with wave dial is garbage...I also wonder if he will still wear the AT.

Well I was hoping for something more like these:

True vintage

https://s7.postimg.cc/787j7mdmv/2_F136240-2694-4_F3_C-959_D-8117_B688_A247.jpg

Or maybe this:

https://s7.postimg.cc/gfzroe5af/FF36015_B-_B002-4_A8_B-93_F4-150_DA51_CA8_AB.jpg

But more likely the modern take:

https://s7.postimg.cc/c6v1m9cbr/35_DD4473-6412-4025-9985-2_F1_C6_E87_ABAC.jpg

Or this is kinda cool and blue for his Navy roots!

https://s7.postimg.cc/jo490xz4n/036_C5930-0789-4_A20-_B83_A-_A08_D4724435_A.jpg

Cheers  ajb007/bond

That last one looks great. I would really love to see another watch on a NATO in 25!

JTM wrote:

That last one looks great. I would really love to see another watch on a NATO in 25!

Yeah you can have some fun with NATO’s on the Omega website at the moment. I am thinking of getting the blue to match with my blue TI for the summer (just wish they did same with red or orange piping)

I though this for an operational watch

https://s7.postimg.cc/s8xksgh47/CC144_B06-2_C9_C-41_CC-_A8_BF-_CB47303118_D6.jpg

Cheers  ajb007/bond