51

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

Bond44 wrote:
JTM wrote:

That last one looks great. I would really love to see another watch on a NATO in 25!

Yeah you can have some fun with NATO’s on the Omega website at the moment. I am thinking of getting the blue to match with my blue TI for the summer (just wish they did same with red or orange piping)

I though this for an operational watch

https://s7.postimg.cc/s8xksgh47/CC144_B06-2_C9_C-41_CC-_A8_BF-_CB47303118_D6.jpg

Cheers  ajb007/bond

Very nice!

52

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

Normally we should be able to identify the watch some months earlier before the movie premiere, is that correct? Since pictures of the movie production will always leak and maybe Omega will do some promotion, at least in the finale stage of the production. How was it in Spectre and Skyfall? I registered 2017, so I never experienced it before  ajb007/biggrin However, I am really curious as a watch addict. Hopefully you can relate.

53

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

It was like combing the Zapruder film for signs of a second gunman in here. My favorite part of pre-release - the work everyone puts into IDing, and the hunt!

54

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

operas phantom wrote:

Normally we should be able to identify the watch some months earlier before the movie premiere, is that correct? Since pictures of the movie production will always leak and maybe Omega will do some promotion, at least in the finale stage of the production. How was it in Spectre and Skyfall? I registered 2017, so I never experienced it before  ajb007/biggrin However, I am really curious as a watch addict. Hopefully you can relate.

Well with Spectre we all got it wrong arguably, identified an sm300 master coax on a black and grey nato, some of us went trotting off to our nearest omega boutique and bought that watch and what the hell a £160 nato too, only to discover later that he wore a limited edition sm300 master coax  ajb007/rolleyes.
With Skyfall it was pretty much announced that omega had created a blue titanium planet ocean, the blue colour matched to Craig's eyes, but in the end it turned out to be a special matte black ceramic bezel planet ocean on titanium, which isn't available, a blue aqua terra also, but what we got released was the screen inaccurate steel le skyfall po with Aston Martin style grill dial, and a le bond aqua terra with a unique blue dial, neither of which anyone saw coming.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

55

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

Ha - I was one of those that bought the standard Seamaster, lost a fair few quid selling it as typical of standard Omega. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he sports one of the new Seamasters but with a minor tweak again to make it limited edition. Oh - and with a bloody crazy big black box!

Instagram - bondclothes007

56

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

Def worth patience approach rather than diving in on spy shot info

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

57

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

welshboy78 wrote:

Ha - I was one of those that bought the standard Seamaster, lost a fair few quid selling it as typical of standard Omega. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he sports one of the new Seamasters but with a minor tweak again to make it limited edition. Oh - and with a bloody crazy big black box!

Yep me too! Though to be honest I was eyeing one since they came out at Basel World, still have it, I prefer it to the le tbh.
Oh yes those flipping watch boxes, they are getting ridiculously big for the limited editions.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

58

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

Just saw this. Love the no-date, but why must it be so big? I expect Bond to wear some variation of the 300m, so this is a potentially interesting development. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs5sRVUH4ge … sfaxakbydi

59

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

Miles Messervy wrote:

Just saw this. Love the no-date, but why must it be so big? I expect Bond to wear some variation of the 300m, so this is a potentially interesting development. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs5sRVUH4ge … sfaxakbydi

Yeah, I want that.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>TLD>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>SP>DAF>LTK>AVTAK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Dalton>Brosnan

60

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

A SM300 in 43.5 is just ridiculous and on the pic, you can see that the hands are too small ( not on,y short) and the hour markers are as well

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

61

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

I think the standard 1957 SM300 Remake Co-Axial (Non-Spectre Standard Version) should be on his wrist with the AT as well.

I don't think the new Diver 300 fits the DC Bond Era.....its more PB and the new model looks ridiculous with the bezel and waves that look terrible from the original!

62

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

Higgins wrote:

A SM300 in 43.5 is just ridiculous and on the pic, you can see that the hands are too small ( not on,y short) and the hour markers are as well

Agreeed, it's a pointless model and is just sized up for the sake of sizing up, it looks like a proper diver, but the ceramic PO would be a better watch for that purpose. Only my opinion but the smp line should have been kept more classic.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

63

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

https://i.postimg.cc/y8w2W35v/20190129-135900.jpg

I still prefer the previous version over the new one. This (the only version without any kind of waves) was the one for me.

I hope they will go back to the Planet Ocean for the final Craig movie. Back to basics with the "new" 43.5 mm in black on a rubber strap, maybe?

1. Ohmss   2. Frwl   3. Op   4. Tswlm   5. Tld   6. Ge  7. Yolt 8. Lald   9. Cr   10. Ltk   11. Dn   12. Gf   13. Qos   14. Mr   15. Tmwtgg   16. Fyeo   17. Twine   18. Sf   19. Tb   20 Tnd   21. Spectre   22 Daf   23. Avtak   24. Dad

64

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

I agree that a PO would be the best choice, and maybe a nice 38.5 AT for some of the less action-oriented stuff. I wonder if the PO is due for a refresh at Basel this year? That could tell us something.

65

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

No Basel for Omega this year.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

66

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

Asp9mm wrote:

No Basel for Omega this year.

A few are giving basel a miss, sihh seems to be the event these days. Though Omega was very quiet for that too.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

67

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

Chriscoop wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:

No Basel for Omega this year.

A few are giving basel a miss, sihh seems to be the event these days. Though Omega was very quiet for that too.

They’re doing they’re own thing this year as are a few others. It’ll certainly be more of an event.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

68

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

Asp9mm wrote:

No Basel for Omega this year.

You’re right! I remember that being a big story last year but I’d since forgotten. I have no interest in Omega outside of what Bond straps on his wrist. And even that is a begrudging interest.

I wonder if they will build a Bond reveal into their even to drum up interest. My money is on yes.

69

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

My bet that Omega this year will be about 69 more than OO7.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

70

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

Any chance Rolex could return or are Omega contracted for the near future?

71

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

HarveyMushman wrote:

Any chance Rolex could return or are Omega contracted for the near future?

Omega and EON have a very close relationship that is a dream for business and advertising. It’s almost a partnership now, the relationship is that close.  Rolex don’t pay for on screen endorsement, that they consider ‘crass’, so it will never happen

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

72

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

HarveyMushman wrote:

Any chance Rolex could return or are Omega contracted for the near future?

Rolex would never pay to be featured in a Bond film, so there's no chance they would ever return. Bond is more likely to wear any big watch brand other than Rolex.

73

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

I got an email from my Omega rep today saying that they're announcing some sort of limited edition Bond watch this week. I can't imagine it's the Bond 25 (ECLIPSE?  ajb007/rolleyes ) watch, so another Commander-type situation?

Last edited by HalfMonk HalfHitman (19th Mar 2019 02:04)

74

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:

I got an email from my Omega rep today saying that they're announcing some sort of limited edition Bond watch this week. I can't imagine it's the Bond 25 (ECLIPSE?  ajb007/rolleyes ) watch, so another Commander-type situation?

Hmm, that'll be very interesting to see if it's true.

75

Re: Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

They usually issue one Bond-related edition that is only remotely connected to Bond during the Basel fair (where they don't participate this year, they show the new stuff in Zurich).

Basel opens doors this Thursday.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!