The Non-Bond Films Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)!

NOTE: SPOILERS for those who haven't seen these films!

I think it would be novel to talk about non-Bond films, and what better place than here do so?

We can discuss all things Star Wars, Star Trek, Mission: Impossible etc. (I AM assuming you guys wouldn't mind?)

So, to start off:

The Dirty Harry films:

1. How often do you think Harry would have looked in on Chico? I would imagine they would spend a Christmas or two together.

2. Where on Earth was Bressler during the events of Magnum Force?

3. Do you think Harry would have crossed paths with Jennifer again? (I think probably not, but anything is possible)

Dave - Do you think Dave and Ellen would have come clean with America and the rest of the World, that Dave was impersonating Bill during that time?

The Jurassic Park films - Do you think Ian Malcolm is still with Sarah Harding? Would they be married now?

M:I - Rogue Nation - When Isla gives Ethan the opportunity to "come away with her", why didn't he say to her "1. I'm married! and 2. We have to deal with Solomon Lane and The Syndicate!"?

Cop Land - Did anyone else feel sorry for Cindy Betts?

Midnight Run - Do you think Jimmy Serrano would have made life difficult for Jack Walsh? He probably knew where Gail, Denise and Jason where living in Chicago, and arranged for some people to "visit them".

That's all I can think of now; feel free to add your thoughts.

Comments

• Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    About Dirty Harry...
    1. It's very possible and I would've loved a cameo or two of him in subsequent films, he might've been the partner I cared the least about (bigger fan of Early) but it's a shame he didn't since we saw DiGiorgio so many times.
    Popwell as a partner would've also been nice since he was too of a background character mainly used for exposition.
    2. Bressler was personell. He was an asshole.
    3. Think it ended like QoS with Camille. Would like to but I doubt it.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,562Chief of Staff
    Please keep in mind that some of the franchises you mention will have their own threads anyway...
    YNWA 97
  • Bond fan from OzBond fan from Oz Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Please keep in mind that some of the franchises you mention will have their own threads anyway...

Sure, I accept that, but with respect, I did say NON-BOND films. This would include films which are not franchises. I hope this clears things up.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited March 2018
    Sir Miles meant, that if you are using the search function, you will find threads about your mentioned non-Bond films ;)
    No need to open new threads with every question...

Examples:

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/33496/dirty-harry/
    https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/40484/the-mission-impossible-series/

Star Wars and Star Trek, you find various topics here.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,942MI6 Agent
    I always like to see the old threads bumped. There's been lots of previous discussion, which ought to be of interest to a person tempted to start a new thread. Some real scholarly stuff is buried way back there in these pages, better than anything you'll find in Wikipedia or imdb.

Heck even the very general "Last film seen... " thread is active on this very first page, it's never very far from the top.

but I get Oz's purpose in this thread is to ask some creative "What If?" type scenarios that may not be covered, as such, in existing threads.
    Maybe just retitle this thread to better describe its purpose: "what happens next to characters from your favourite movies?" or some such.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,562Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles meant, that if you are using the search function, you will find threads about your mentioned non-Bond films ;)
    No need to open new threads with every question...

Examples:

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/33496/dirty-harry/
    https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/40484/the-mission-impossible-series/

Star Wars and Star Trek, you find various topics here.

Thank you ;%
    YNWA 97
  • Bond fan from OzBond fan from Oz Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Has anyone ever wondered that, in LALD, Tee Hee has a metal hook for a right arm, but in The Taking of Pelham One Two Three, Inspector Daniels has a FULLY FUNCTIONAL RIGHT ARM??? :s