Comments

• Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    A great man who has led an amazing life, if you ever get the chance of listening to him after dinner speaking (or interviewing) it is amazing and very humorous at times (without him even trying).

Feathermen is a good read as well - interesting twist at the end

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Of course, the Jason Statham movie, Killer Elite, is based on Fiennes’ book with much liberty taken, even with Fiennes briefly depicted...love that movie!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Listening to a bbc radio 4 programme about the life of Irish Comedian
    Dave Allen. Apparently he too was considered for the role of 007 at one
    point. :D Although to be honest, I think almost every actor has been
    considered, ........ perhaps some more strongly than others.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    It is interesting to know that this man has written the thriller books. I found some photographs of him as a young man. I wonder if any one thinks he would have the look of a James Bond to take over from George Lazenby when he was auditioned for the job?
    gallery.jpg
    638377_lawrence.jpg
    RANULPH-12.jpg
    5263367.jpg
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,317Chief of Staff
    Well, Cubby Broccoli didn't think so and that's what counts, I suppose. You know he's related to our current M?
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    5263367.jpg

Soldiering never looked as sexy!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think in an interview Feinnes himself said both he and the producers basically decided he was
    too ugly to be Bond, But he's a total legend -{ on Top Gear he said he was too impatient waiting
    on Doctors to remove his frost bitten fingers. So he went down to his garden shed ....... and cut them
    off himself !!
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    I think in an interview Feinnes himself said both he and the producers basically decided he was
    too ugly to be Bond, But he's a total legend -{ on Top Gear he said he was too impatient waiting
    on Doctors to remove his frost bitten fingers. So he went down to his garden shed ....... and cut them
    off himself !!
    Yeah and if you listen to his antics with some borrowed explosive (that was ultimately to bring his military career to an end) delivered as if he honestly felt he did nothing wrong other than to right an injustice it’s almost commical! I guess with that level of responsibility comes genuine responsibility!

Unfortunately the SAS did not see it that way even with their rather relaxed approach to most rules!

Then his stories of his exploits since, what a great guy you have to admire him for all his achievements!

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    I think Ranulph Fiennes will be the James Bond I will think of when I listen to the audobooks and the radio plays.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I just read a bit about Randolph Fiennes. His career is impressive in many was, but some parts less than others. His first expedition is listed as "scaling the Jostedalsbreen in Norway." (Jostedalsbreen is the largest glacier in mainland Norway).

So did I - when I was sixteen. This automatically makes Randolph Fiennes' feat much less impressive :))
    It's one feat among many, N24. His name is "Ranulph", btw- to be exact Sir Ranulph Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes, 3rd Baronet, OBE. Our current M (Ralph Nathaniel Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes) is his third cousin. Yes, I did have to look that up!
    I know it's one of many, but I find it strange they even bothered mentioning that one....
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    You can't compare what a 16 year-old Norwegian does with what mere mortals do, N24. You should know that! By age 6, most Norwegians have killed a reindeer with their own teeth, and by age 10 they've crossed unnoticed into Russia and taken candid photos of Putin in his secret lair. And I haven't even mentioned what they do with Coke Zero! ;)
    Modesty (Blaise) forbids me..... :D
    I have seen an advertisement on British television. I cannot remember the name of the advertisement but it has a man playing a game of cards. Only he is in the advertisement and he is sitting at a game table. I wonder if any one has seen this? I think immediately that the man could be a good James Bond.
    I haven't seen you around for ages, Joshua. :)
    Where have you been?
    Number24 wrote:
    I haven't seen you around for ages, Joshua. :)
    Where have you been?

Hello my friend. I have been working at two jobs for some time. My normal job in the day time and another job in the evening. This does not give me free time to visit the AJB.
    Hallo.
    So you put an income, keeping your house and paying your taxes above chatting on the internet about a made-up person?
    That's crazy :D
    :)) :)) :))
    Number24 wrote:
    Hallo.
    So you put an income, keeping your house and paying your taxes above chatting on the internet about a made-up person?
    That's crazy :D

Yes such are these things. I do not gamble so I can not even hope to win the lottery! :#