251

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

welshboy78 wrote:

Hmmm wonder what inspired pieces they could do for next collection.   That alone be a interesting topic.

Judging by the Orlebar items sold out in various sizes this has been quite a hit already and only first “official” day

Some pieces I would like to see;

OHMSS golf outfit

TSWLM black shirt Cala di Volpe

FYEO blue v-neck boat pull shirt

ajb007/martini

"Any of the opposition around..?"

252

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

I am interested in your opinions...I think the length of the TB swim shorts are too long?!
The OB Springer Shorts would have been the better choice...maybe tailoring the length?

https://s1.shotroom.com/img/190516/HLiCs_o.jpg

Last edited by richmenstoys (16th May 2019 11:03)

253

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

It was the same for me. The discount code did apply when I was doing trials figuring out what to buy and what not. Then later on once I did have clear what to go on with the code didn´t work anymore. I did chat with a concierge and she told me no discount code was supposed to work with the JB exclusive collection and that the system just allowed me to think the discount could have been applied when it was not the case... Honestly that explanation didn´t convince me and I believe I should have been able to get the discount if I would have placed the order earlier but I might be wrong. Anyone did manage to get any discount applied to his purchase?

254

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Yup. I got 15% off my DAF shirt.

Can you swim?

255

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

I could of also snuck in with 15% but had not decided on sizing etc

Instagram - bondclothes007

256

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

richmenstoys wrote:

I am interested in your opinions...I think the length of the TB swim shorts are too long?!
The OB Springer Shorts would have been the better choice...maybe tailoring the length?

https://s1.shotroom.com/img/190516/HLiCs_o.jpg

All the shorts (and the onesie) are longer in the leg. All the language promoting the line is that the pieces are "inspired" by Bond and "updated" for today, so they're all a bit interpretive. The DAF shirt's collar is a bit different as well.

257

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

The Red Kind wrote:
welshboy78 wrote:

Hmmm wonder what inspired pieces they could do for next collection.   That alone be a interesting topic.

Judging by the Orlebar items sold out in various sizes this has been quite a hit already and only first “official” day

Some pieces I would like to see;

OHMSS golf outfit

TSWLM black shirt Cala di Volpe

FYEO blue v-neck boat pull shirt

ajb007/martini

Nice suggestions! I’d also add the striped shirt from Thunderball, the trousers and sandals from that same sceneand the floral shirt from DAD.

258

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Yup - indeed these are not supposed to be direct copies as stated by OB themselves

Instagram - bondclothes007

259

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Yes i know, this is my opinion...I think all the smaller members here, understand me  ajb007/martini

welshboy78 wrote:

Yup - indeed these are not supposed to be direct copies as stated by OB themselves

260

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Miles Messervy wrote:
The Red Kind wrote:
welshboy78 wrote:

Hmmm wonder what inspired pieces they could do for next collection.   That alone be a interesting topic.

Judging by the Orlebar items sold out in various sizes this has been quite a hit already and only first “official” day

Some pieces I would like to see;

OHMSS golf outfit

TSWLM black shirt Cala di Volpe

FYEO blue v-neck boat pull shirt

ajb007/martini

Nice suggestions! I’d also add the striped shirt from Thunderball, the trousers and sandals from that same sceneand the floral shirt from DAD.


Todd Snyder posted on instagram a little while back talking about the Thunderball striped shirt as inspiration. Would be cool to see other brands follow the OB collaboration or homage model.

https://www.toddsnyder.com/collections/ … tripe-blue


https://i.postimg.cc/xkGWqmQP/Screen-Shot-2019-05-16-at-9-22-31-AM.png

Last edited by crt007 (16th May 2019 13:45)

261

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

crt007 wrote:
Miles Messervy wrote:
The Red Kind wrote:

Some pieces I would like to see;

OHMSS golf outfit

TSWLM black shirt Cala di Volpe

FYEO blue v-neck boat pull shirt

ajb007/martini

Nice suggestions! I’d also add the striped shirt from Thunderball, the trousers and sandals from that same sceneand the floral shirt from DAD.


Todd Snyder posted on instagram a little while back talking about the Thunderball striped shirt as inspiration. Would be cool to see other brands follow the OB collaboration or homage model.


https://i.postimg.cc/xkGWqmQP/Screen-Shot-2019-05-16-at-9-22-31-AM.png

Guess if they wanted to also add DC stuff the unidentified Venice Polo would be a nice candidate

Instagram - bondclothes007

262

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Looks like safari jacket now sold out on OB

Instagram - bondclothes007

263

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

lets face it the possibilities are endless  ajb007/rolleyes

007 reporting for duty

264

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Meesta Bawnd wrote:

Yup. I got 15% off my DAF shirt.

Same, bought mine on Monday and the code worked. Maybe that was before the shutdown or else maybe the DAF shirt was missed out by the website coders.

Murder | Employment.

265

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

i'm pleased this is selling out meaning OB will see there's a big market for these and hopefully do more and more releases

266

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Got the thunderball polo , just couldn't resist it will get plenty of wear.
No code though , waited too long  ajb007/crap

007 reporting for duty

267

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Im trying to decide between the M and L polo. I'm about a 39/40 chest, 31 waist.

Unfortunately I'm not able to get to a store anytime soon so if there are any members who have tried on both sizes I would really appreciate your thoughts on sizing. Thanks!!  ajb007/martini

268

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

I wanted to pull the trigger on...something, but ultimately there wasn't anything in this line that I could see myself wearing (the safari jacket), liked and could justify the price (the merino polo), or didn't already own a version of (the Thunderball shirt).

The espadrilles come closest. Can anyone advise on sizing? I'm a 10.5 in US shoes.

269

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Sam Seaborn wrote:

Im trying to decide between the M and L polo. I'm about a 39/40 chest, 31 waist.

Unfortunately I'm not able to get to a store anytime soon so if there are any members who have tried on both sizes I would really appreciate your thoughts on sizing. Thanks!!  ajb007/martini

I'm a 41 chest, size 32 waist.  Medium was skin tight for me, whereas Large had that perfect fit (it wears on me like it wears on Connery in the film).  Medium would probably be a little better fitting for you than it was for me.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>TLD>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>SP>DAF>LTK>AVTAK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Dalton>Brosnan

270

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Sam Seaborn wrote:

Im trying to decide between the M and L polo. I'm about a 39/40 chest, 31 waist.

Unfortunately I'm not able to get to a store anytime soon so if there are any members who have tried on both sizes I would really appreciate your thoughts on sizing. Thanks!!  ajb007/martini

I’m 39 chest and 31 waist. Certainly go for a M.

But if you prefer a relaxed fit go for a L.

271

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Might be helpful to watch the Bond Experience reviews as sounds as if similar size

Last edited by welshboy78 (16th May 2019 16:55)

Instagram - bondclothes007

272

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

welshboy78 wrote:

Mantis appears to be buying Large also on the ones he has reviewed so far.   Might be helpful to watch if similar size

No he purchased all size Mediums.

Check his Instagram posts reviewing the items

273

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Gymkata wrote:

I'm a 41 chest, size 32 waist.  Medium was skin tight for me, whereas Large had that perfect fit (it wears on me like it wears on Connery in the film).  Medium would probably be a little better fitting for you than it was for me.

Thanks for this! Really appreciate the advice.

274

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

I was at the Live stream event yesterday and tried on many of the pieces. The quality is unmatched. I was planning on getting the DR No toweling polo, but after I tried on the TB polo it fit like it was made for me and went with that. looking forward to phase three!

275

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Double0zero wrote:
welshboy78 wrote:

Mantis appears to be buying Large also on the ones he has reviewed so far.   Might be helpful to watch if similar size

No he purchased all size Mediums.

Check his Instagram posts reviewing the items

Ah ok - just remembered he had gone bigger on some.  Will edit my post in case someone reads wrong

Instagram - bondclothes007