Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

But... to each his own...

wonder how limited these things are going to be.  Is there any pricing for those shorts yet?

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>TLD>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>SP>DAF>LTK>AVTAK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Dalton>Brosnan

Thought of another good one for TSWLM: the famous ski jump at the beginning.  The coloring there would be in line with the light blue color scheme of the rest of the shorts.  That'd be pretty iconic and easily recognizable.  Depending upon how it was formatted on the swim trunks, it could look really cool.

Current rankings:

Well, this just saved me some money. So there’s that.

These prints do fit in with the OB printed shorts. Alas, I don't like them. It's not whimsical to me, it's tacky.

Turns out my joke about Connery on the crotch was accurate with added spear guns and firing missiles to up the phallic symbolism. ajb007/insane  ajb007/crap

Can't wait for the Orlebar Brown World Capitol series. Just imagine the placement of the Washington Monument or Eiffel Tower.

Westward_Drift wrote:

Can't wait for the Orlebar Brown World Capitol series. Just imagine the placement of the Washington Monument or Eiffel Tower.

https://i2.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/startrek-anger.gif?ssl=1

Current rankings:

Ooof...$395 per pair of those swim trunks.

Current rankings:

I'm really underwhelmed. I may as well wear a tacky graphic t-shirt that reads "License to Kill". Maybe the next round will have something better.

Gymkata wrote:

Ooof...$395 per pair of those swim trunks.

A minute ago "MINE", now "those swim trunks"  ajb007/lol

Legacy wardrobe pricing colliding with campy whimsy makes this an easy pass for me.

Yeah, re-evaluating on my end.  I honestly don't 'need' any more swim trunks (I have two pair of OB trunks that I nabbed on sale at my local store for ~$150 each).  If any of these make it to sale pricing, I might grab one...

Current rankings:

Gymkata wrote:
Westward_Drift wrote:

https://i2.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/startrek-anger.gif?ssl=1

Can't go wrong with a Picard gif.

$395?!?!?

Not surprised. Not impressed. Not buying.

Not feeling these at all, hopefully there will be more Bond inspired clothing coming soon. It does make me wonder about the licensing though. I wonder how Sir Sean is compensated (if at all) and the same for Sir Roger's estate?

You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us

I am not wearing swim trunks that has “Thunderball” next to the crotch.

Love the TB and Dr No ones. The blurb says that they are polyester, but the printing makes it look almost like canvas.

Can you swim?

First time I've been a bit disappointed in David for allowing us to get hyped. I guess the positive is that I've just saved myself a lot of money.

Was not expecting this as the sole item being offered. Hopefully, we get something decent later  ajb007/rolleyes

These would look pretty fantastic as t-shirts.  If they do a run of t-shirts with these pictures, I'd probably buy a couple.

Current rankings:

Disappointed in David?  Wow....sorry to disappoint you...will always give my opinion on things...perhaps future offerings will be more to your liking.....check back to post 22 on this thread:

"I would say that you will all be happy...you may have to wait a bit on some things (the first release will please some, but not others) but in the end this is going to be very cool.....

And for those that love Thunderball, get your duckets ready...."

Sterling Archer wrote:

First time I've been a bit disappointed in David for allowing us to get hyped. I guess the positive is that I've just saved myself a lot of money.

Was not expecting this as the sole item being offered. Hopefully, we get something decent later  ajb007/rolleyes

Last edited by The Bond Experience (18th Jun 2018 17:43)

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

The Mantis wrote:

Disappointed in David?  Wow....sorry to disappoint you...will always give my opinion on things...perhaps future offerings will be more to your liking.....check back to post 22 on this thread:

"I would say that you will all be happy...you may have to wait a bit on some things (the first release will please some, but not others) but in the end this is going to be very cool.....

And for those that love Thunderball, get your duckets ready...."

Sterling Archer wrote:

Good things come to those who wait I guess lol.  ajb007/martini

It's very generous for someone on the inside so to speak to allow us some hints even if it ends up not being something that aligns perfectly with everyone's tastes. Which rarely happens anyway but if you dont like it just dont buy it.

They’re very nice designs but I don’t especially want to be wearing them on my crotch. They all feature quite small artwork detail and text as well, so I don’t want people to be coming up close to try and get a better look.

JTM wrote:

They’re very nice designs but I don’t especially want to be wearing them on my crotch. They all feature quite small artwork detail and text as well, so I don’t want people to be coming up close to try and get a better look.

Funny that comment just sold them for me - that’s exactly the reason why I would buy them its about the only time I would get someone looking at my crotch these days  ajb007/biggrin
I do think the Dr No should have been Ursula coming out the water with a firm hand on her dagger   ajb007/biggrin

It’s nice to see a Bond brand embracing the opportunity! Keep em coming David!  ajb007/lol

Cheers  ajb007/bond

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

Sterling Archer wrote:

First time I've been a bit disappointed in David for allowing us to get hyped.

Let’s not get carried away here. I don’t like them either, but he didn’t design them.

An OB item worn in a cracking Bond film....yes......but these I’ll pass on.

I was kind of hoping they would release the look that Sean Connery sported in the beach with Honey Rider. Blue polo and interesting blue trousers.

The Dr No short shows a pink polo, I don't think it is accurate. is not even important, I really don't like these shorts. I am glad I have the setters in  simple colors.

regards.

Guess that 007 brand licence is expensive  ajb007/lol

Instagram - bondclothes007