Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

It is indeed embargoed but a PROPER vlog will be released May 15th, along with a special Live Stream from a 'secret location'.....ooooooooh, the mystery!  ajb007/wink

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

Did the new collection include a Thunderball butcher stripe camp shirt? I can't recall from the live feed.

Meesta Bawnd wrote:

They have, and it will be part of Phase II of their Homage to Bond line that's being announced soon. Check out The Bond Experience live Vlog that David did at the reveal of their collection on the 11th April:

Cheers for that, I saw David' reveal, this was more me going through this old thread and seeing how many of our wish list items did indeed come to pass in that OB live event reveal!

Cheverian wrote:

Did the new collection include a Thunderball butcher stripe camp shirt? I can't recall from the live feed.

They sadly didn't do that one, the solid blue shirt or the blue and pink gingham shirts. Only the pink one was there.

I’m going to order a pair of either Bulldogs or Danes. Any idea what the waist sizing is like compared to normal pants sizing?

Matt S wrote:
Cheverian wrote:

They sadly didn't do that one, the solid blue shirt or the blue and pink gingham shirts. Only the pink one was there.

I guess they needed to leave some options for the next run.

Did the pink shirt have the straight hem like the Connery shirt and the Mason & Sons version?

drum007 wrote:

I’m going to order a pair of either Bulldogs or Danes. Any idea what the waist sizing is like compared to normal pants sizing?

They fit true to size (IMHO).

1. Ohmss   2. Frwl   3. Op   4. Tswlm   5. Tld   6. Ge  7. Yolt 8. Lald   9. Cr   10. Ltk   11. Dn   12. Gf   13. Qos   14. Mr   15. Tmwtgg   16. Fyeo   17. Twine   18. Sf   19. Tb   20 Tnd   21. Spectre   22 Daf   23. Avtak   24. Dad

Do we know if the collection will be exclusive to the Orlebar Brown website/stores or will it be available through other retail channels ( Mr. Porter, Department stores, etc.)?

asd007 wrote:

Do we know if the collection will be exclusive to the Orlebar Brown website/stores or will it be available through other retail channels ( Mr. Porter, Department stores, etc.)?

I do not recall the last collection being available elsewhere

Instagram - bondclothes007

Available exclusively at Orlebar Brown in-store and online.

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...

Interesting.  My local store in Minneapolis (Martin Patrick 3) has told me that they're getting some of the Bond collection from OB.  I'll have to verify this with them.

https://www.martinpatrick3.com/

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

Yep, confirmed.  I went to my store today and verified that they'll have it on May 15th.  I asked for details and they were very tight lipped over what they had (or even if they had it yet).  They're kinda sticklers for playing by the embargo rules when it comes to release dates and so forth so I'm gonna have to wait to see what it all is until Wednesday.

That said, I verified my sizing on various OB shirts and shorts/pants and my salesguy there is gonna call me right away when they open on Wednesday to see what I want to get.  I should...SHOULD...be able to pop over there on Wednesday afternoon and pick the stuff up (trying it on first) and hopefully take some pictures to post here.

Current rankings:

On Wednesday I will be able to post on here supplied hero shots of each of the items of clothing, and we will be having a live stream from a "secret location" to discuss the line with a few friends...stay tuned for a link to that!

ajb007/bond

Can't wait to see some proper pics!  ajb007/martini

The Bond Experience wrote:

On Wednesday I will be able to post on here supplied hero shots of each of the items of clothing, and we will be having a live stream from a "secret location" to discuss the line with a few friends...stay tuned for a link to that!

ajb007/bond

Even better!

Current rankings:

Yeah, but I want to see your pics on Wed too!   There is something  about seeing these things in the wild...! 

Gymkata wrote:

ajb007/bond

Even better!

Yeah, but I want to see your pics on Wed too!   There is something  about seeing these things in the wild...! 

Gymkata wrote:

ajb007/bond

Even better!

I'll take a picture of their display.  They have a pretty large OB section in store and I suspect that they'll do something cool with the Bond stuff.  Depending on my available time, I'll take some pictures of the items on me and provide some additional feedback on sizing.  I'm honestly pretty pumped to see what they're getting in.

Current rankings:

Just got access to the new stuff on their website. Pretty uninspiring generally. Not sure who would wear the onesie! I ordered the polo shirt though

Funny thing about the AVTAK jacket. I thought they would be going for the suede jacket of the finale (obviously), but now that I have seen that they recreated the training jacket of the FILA-tracksuit (pants missing btw), I can only laugh at the cost of 295 GBP.
An original FILA would be far away from that. Here‘s an example:

Out of boredom, I searched through local online marketplaces and coincidentally made a find:
Sir Roger‘s BTS jacket, also from FILA. Best thing is, it only cost me 20€ instead of the opposed 295 GBP.  ajb007/lol
https://i.postimg.cc/k6PrY2B3/E6-E74-C13-1-B70-4-A87-909-A-3-EE0731159-D1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/TyDMcV2J/ED9052-ED-8275-43-C6-8-CD6-584-D703-A35-C2.jpg

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
Check it out, you won’t be disappointed ajb007/smile

Received access to the OB 007 collection this morning via email.

I personally think that the collection is great. To me it embodies a very special life cycle of style-- that classic style icons of film inspire the creation of a clothing brand, in turn that clothing brand gets featured in the film series that inspired it only to later collaborate with the film production company to recreate the pieces that inspired the brand in the first place.

One drawback is the collection is expensive. Otherwise I hope they continue to recreate from film and beyond.

Looks like stuff not at the recent preview event and some things missing?

What looks to be missing?

welshboy78 wrote:

welshboy78 wrote:

It did seem like some items were modified. For instance, I thought the Dr. No light blue polo had a banded bottom and wasnt a towelling polo. But I only saw the collection through the Bond experience live stream.

Wasnt there navy / dark shorts??? 

(Note ive not looked at website just been whatsapped screenshots so maybe it was there)

Yes, they had the Goldfinger swim shorts at the reveal party, but I think a few things are releasing in June....the Dr No polo never had a banded bottom, and is the exact version I saw at the reveal.

welshboy78 wrote:

Wasnt there navy / dark shorts??? 

(Note ive not looked at website just been whatsapped screenshots so maybe it was there)