Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

005 wrote:
HowardB wrote:

He appears to have a reputation for not being difficult, always prepared, professional and respectful to others. He especially appears to get on well with the stunt people.

People say he can be reserved and distant between takes. Listening to music to get himself in character etc. But that doesn't sound bad to me at all. He's probably a bit of an introvert who needs to mentally prepare to do his best before he does his thing. As i'm sure many other actors do. He sounds perfectly affable in general to me.

I saw a bit of the Skyfall filming and I was surprised at how much Rory Kinnear psyches himself up before a take. I don’t know anything about acting but I guess everyone has their approach.

Actors differ in their approach. What's important here is that Craig is not just "going through the motions" is invested and has prepared himself physically and mentally for the demands of shooting a Bond film. It would appear that his doing Knives Out was probably a good thing. Considering all the pre-production headaches, getting away from Bond 25 for a bit provided some respite and allowed him to come back refreshed.

Wow. Nobody in the cast will see the entire Bond25 script! Says Naomie Harris. Bond25 comments start at 17 minutes.
https://twitter.com/JB007_news/status/1 … 5323986947

This explains why Lea Seydoux told a French magazine that she had only seen a page of the script.

One assumes that Phoebe Waller-Bridge was given the entire script, or was she? Do you need to see the entire script to write good dialogue for the female characters?

I can understand EON feeling stung by the Sony hack and how you might want to keep the script off of email and for people only to get numbered, named copies by courier for Bond25, but this seems extreme where the cast only see the pages relevant to them, or maybe sets of pages at different stages of filming.

Last edited by Someone (9th May 2019 13:55)

I would be surprised if Phoebe Waller-Bridge is only hired to write female characters. Male scriptwriters have written female characters for decades, after all. Wasting a good scriptwriter on only writing characters of her own gender sounds both wasteful and disrespectful.

I would also be surprised if Craig isn't given the whole script, and perhaps Malek gets to read everything too.

Number24 wrote:

I would be surprised if Phoebe Waller-Bridge is only hired to write female characters. Male scriptwriters have written female characters for decades, after all. Wasting a good scriptwriter on only writing characters of her own gender sounds both wasteful and disrespectful.

I would also be surprised if Craig isn't given the whole script, and perhaps Malek gets to read everything too.

I completely disagree with this. Screenwriters are hired to write very specific things all the time, whether it be humor, action, etc. John Milius was once hired to rewrite one scene in Clear and Present Danger. It is not disrespectful in the slightest.

My fear, if this is true, is that it's the sort of security one would put in place to protect a twist ending. The death of Bond. I have wondered if Bond enjoying retirement at the start of the film leaves only two places for the story to end: 1.) He returns to MI6, 2) He dies. Returning to Jamaica to flop around in his flip flops and spearfish red snapper doesn't have a lot of dramatic heft as climaxes ago.

For the record, I don't want Craig's Bond to die even knowing they'll reboot the series again with a new actor. It's not like Wolverine or Iron Man who are comic book characters, or Luke Skywalker who can return as a Force ghost. Bond's reality might be a fantasy version of our own, but I identify with him as a potentially real man (at least in this iteration).

Then again, it's not hard to imagine Fleming killing off Bond if he had survived.

Arbogast777 wrote:
Number24 wrote:

I completely disagree with this. Screenwriters are hired to write very specific things all the time, whether it be humor, action, etc. John Milius was once hired to rewrite one scene in Clear and Present Danger. It is not disrespectful in the slightest.

Have you ever heard of a male sriptdoctor being called in spesifically to rewrite the male characters?
You know, only the male character because he's a man ….

Cheverian wrote:

My fear, if this is true, is that it's the sort of security one would put in place to protect a twist ending. The death of Bond. I have wondered if Bond enjoying retirement at the start of the film leaves only two places for the story to end: 1.) He returns to MI6, 2) He dies. Returning to Jamaica to flop around in his flip flops and spearfish red snapper doesn't have a lot of dramatic heft as climaxes ago.

For the record, I don't want Craig's Bond to die even knowing they'll reboot the series again with a new actor. It's not like Wolverine or Iron Man who are comic book characters, or Luke Skywalker who can return as a Force ghost. Bond's reality might be a fantasy version of our own, but I identify with him as a potentially real man (at least in this iteration).

Then again, it's not hard to imagine Fleming killing off Bond if he had survived.

I was basically against Bond dying, but over time I’ve come round to it. I think the best (and most Fleming-sequel) approach would be an ambiguous ending that leaves the audience to decide Bond’s fate.

That said, there are other plot twists beyond this one, which frankly has been out in the open for a while. My guess is the allegiances of Madeleine are part of the twist. Perhaps Felix as well. 

Either way, big budget genre films are definitely moving in the direction of more secrecy. EON’s decision to only show pieces of the script to the cast is not an outlier. Only Robert Downey Jr. read the entire script for Endgame. I’m glad to see EON learned from the Sony hacks.

Number24 wrote:

Have you ever heard of a male sriptdoctor being called in spesifically to rewrite the male characters?

If there is something sexist about hiring a woman to only write female characters, I choose to assume Ms. Waller-Bridge is a strong enough woman to not have accepted the job, and Ms. Broccoli is a strong enough woman to not have asked her to do the job.

With the way any small piece of information gets pounded on by the media or social media these days (and typically with a negative spin) EON is doing the right thing IMO. It does appear that EON has learned from the Sony hacks. Considering the bumpy ride Bond 25 has had during much of pre-production, they have gone into production in fairly good shape all things considered. Personally, I don't want to know so much that it would spoil my enjoyment of the film.

Arbogast777 wrote:
Number24 wrote:

If there is something sexist about hiring a woman to only write female characters, I choose to assume Ms. Waller-Bridge is a strong enough woman to not have accepted the job, and Ms. Broccoli is a strong enough woman to not have asked her to do the job.

What if a male character's line has to be changed for a male character for the new line of a female character to work - would Waller-Bridge have to ask a male scriptwriters to change the man's line and not for the woman's line?

I would think Waller-Bridge is hired to strengthen the script in a more general sense than just the women, but I guess Waller-Bridge wil have an eye on the female characters.

Number24 wrote:

What if a male character's line has to be changed for a male character for the new line of a female character to work - would Waller-Bridge have to ask a male scriptwriters to change the man's line and not for the woman's line?

I think you are waaaaay over analyzing this and I just don't see enough value in it to engage in a tit for tat with you on it.

Back to Bond...

We were talking about Bond25 ….

Honor Blackman always said one of the reasons for the
Success of the Avengers was, that her character  was originally
Written  for a Male, and the scripts couldn't  be changed in time .

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

005 wrote:

Listening to music to get himself in character etc

We must get his playlist.

Number24 wrote:
Arbogast777 wrote:
Number24 wrote:

I would think Waller-Bridge is hired to strengthen the script in a more general sense than just the women, but I guess Waller-Bridge wil have an eye on the female characters.

Well you can listen to her talking about it here: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a … 0437565819

Thanks, the podcast was interesting. I'm really want to see what she brings to Bond25.

https://i.postimg.cc/0rBHb1fq/9-A7588-F6-18-CD-4-EB3-AAD4-1-ADB11287375.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/mcy5Dcdd/CA2-AE338-DDA9-4878-B2-E3-2-B771-C2-F2719.jpg

Is Lynch wearing a wig? She had short hair at the press conference...

The name is Walker, by the way.

AugustWalker wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/0zL0SkTm/21-D0-EBCE-DDA1-4-C25-B4-E2-B41789-B47-DBB.jpg

AugustWalker wrote:

Well, I don’t think her hair grew that fast, so I’d go with yes.

Arbogast777 wrote:
AugustWalker wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/0zL0SkTm/21-D0-EBCE-DDA1-4-C25-B4-E2-B41789-B47-DBB.jpg

Please no!  ajb007/lol

The name is Walker, by the way.

The pictures of Lashana Lynch in Bond's Jamaica house (https://twitter.com/007dossier/status/1 … 4298724353) has really thrown my ideas of the sequence of events in Bond25 out of whack. I was expecting Bond to start in Jamaica, join Leiter on the mission and for Lashana to turn up later.

One wonders now, how do they get back to Jamaica in the story after apparently wrapping in Jamaica after only two weeks (https://twitter.com/Bond25Film/status/1 … 5722898432) filming; which would actually match a period of time in the film after the PTS and before the end of act one. The Jamaican hurricane season is from the start of June to the end of November, so it would seem that that is that for Jamaica. And now we know they're returning to Norway (for Austria?) from 5-14 June for the helicopter filming that we had been aware of before the frozen lake filming took place (https://twitter.com/Bond25Film/status/1 … 1724391424). Only a week sounds like 2nd unit stunt work.

Will we see them return to Norway repeatedly? If this shoot is 7 months long, like previous DC Bond movies, they have until the end of November, another 6 months 10 days, before they finish. I think when we get these location filming durations they are what EON has told local authorities and they are just giving themselves plenty of time when they make the permit applications, so I am not so bothered that they only spent two weeks in Jamaica, and not the full three. They also spent less time in Norway back in March than was originally reported in the local media.

It's been reported that the Matera, Italy (for North Africa?) is from 17 August to 23 September, 39 days (https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/dates-for-s … ess-190407), but I am guessing that that is longer than they will actually shoot. We know they are about to start interiors (Pinewood) filming. Is that really going to last 2 months and 28 days (89 days) until 17 August? And what filming will they do after 23 September, with potentially another eight weeks of filming left?

Let's say Pinewood filming is from this weekend till the 5 June restart in Norway, that's two and a half weeks, which is longer than any filming at any location so far. Then a week back in Norway and then what from 15 June to 17 August? Two months, for more Pinewood filming? More Norway? Filming in London proper, not Pinewood? Then there is the two months after Italy. Four months of filming, more than half the film yet they have already covered all the known filming locations. It doesn't seem like enough.

So far Bond25's locations seem to be, London, Jamaica (for Jamaica and Cuba or sub-Saharan Africa?), Norway (for Austria?), Matera (for Italy and North Africa?) six film locations, London, Jamaica, Cuba, Italy, North Africa, Austria. IMHO I don't think Norway is Norway in the film. That would be enough, six. Spectre had five and Skyfall, six or seven, if you include Bond's beach getaway after he is shot. Despite the Hurricane season, I can only imagine they will return to Jamaica.

Someone wrote:

...And now we know they're returning to Norway (for Austria?) from 5-14 June for the helicopter filming that we had been aware of before the frozen lake filming took place (https://twitter.com/Bond25Film/status/1 … 1724391424)...

Wow, that would be a fantastic location for a nice car chase!

It would also be great for a plane or helicopter chase (could imagine swooping under that raised part of the road/bridge and throughout those mountains in the background) but after the aircraft stuff in QOS and SP they probably won't go for it again...and MI Fallout had that heli chase as well.

Indeed.    They need a decent car chase after the poor one in Rome which cost the equivalent of some movies entire budget  ajb007/smile

Instagram - bondclothes007