Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

And it's really too bad that Andy Whitfield died because I think he'd have made for an awesome Bond.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>TLD>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>SP>DAF>LTK>AVTAK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Dalton>Brosnan

Gymkata wrote:

Maori Henchman = Manu Bennett.  He'd be perfect.  He was Crixus on SPARTACUS (STARZ network) and has great stage fighting skills as well as a pretty commanding presence.  I think he is/was on the TV show ARROW as well as a recurring character.

He could be good! IMDB profile link below.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0071847/

You know who would be interesting for a Russian villain?

Mads Mikkelsen’s brother...

https://s15.postimg.cc/h889ocz9j/6_F81_B4_BA-5322-4_DD7-93_D0-73232_C00_A7_C4.jpg

Someone wrote:

Could the Maori be Dwayne Johnson?

Well his Grand Dad was in YOLT!!  So maybe?

FRWl, OHMSS, CR, TSWLM, GF, SF, TLD,  LTK, TND, DN, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TMWTGG, QOS, SPECTRE, YOLT, TB, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK.

"Do you expect me to talk?  "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"

Chris Corbould: “It’s very exciting. I’m not going to talk about it but I can’t remember being so excited about going on to a Bond. It’s going to be very, very special... Think the Olympics.”

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment … niel-Craig

JTM wrote:
Matt S wrote:
Number24 wrote:

The Maori henchman also makes me wonder if New Zealand will be a location. If it is this will pretty much rule out Norway as a location this time since very few places look more like Norway or the other way round.

I think this does mean New Zealand will be a location. It's about time Bond visited that part of the world.

I hope this is the case, it’s an absolutely stunning part of the world! MI: Fallout filmed a scene or two in a very beautiful area of NZ and I would love to see more of the country in some big budget films.

I bloody hope so thats where I live, and i would happily show the cast and crew around!!

As for Maori actors, although there are a lot, there only 3 that spring to mind that well known around the world now, thats Julian Dennison (Deadpool 2, too young though), and Clif Curtis (Fear the Walking Dead, Once Were Warriors -  not a broad man a-la Hinx or Odd-job, but could pull off a decent character) or Maniu Bennett as mentioned above.. Manu has the shape, but the kiwi's might get a bit precious as he's half aussie, and thats a bit insulting to them (Sorry JTM!)

People have jumped on the bandwagon and assumed that this leading Russian role is a villain, but the Russian state has never directly been the bad guy. Yes, the Russian leading man description says vindicative, but is the Russian man General Gogol?

FRWL had Colonel Rosa Klebb 'defecting' to SPECTRE. In TSWLM, Bond works with the Russians. In FYEO the Russians are simply customers to smugglers trying to sell ATAC. Goldeneye and TWINE had Russian mafia boss Zukovsky who wasn't an outright enemy of Bond. Goldeneye had a corrupt Russian general, so did Living Daylights and Octopussy.  In TND, MI6 is working with the Russians in the PTS.

I think Russian characters also mean the locations are more likely to be Europe and specifically Eastern Europe, maybe North Africa/Turkey. If you think about the locations for FRWL (Turkey/Balkans/Italy), TSWLM (Mediterrenean/Egypt), FYEO (Greece, Italy, Albania), Octopussy (Germany), Living Daylights (Slovakia/Austria/Tangiers), Goldeneye (France/Russia), it would make sense.

Arbogast777 wrote:

Chris Corbould: “It’s very exciting. I’m not going to talk about it but I can’t remember being so excited about going on to a Bond. It’s going to be very, very special... Think the Olympics.”

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment … niel-Craig

I hope this doesn't mean a Royal angle to Bond25. Bond saving the fourth cousin to the Queen or something. It might go down well in the USA, but people would cringe in the UK. Bond meets The Crown?

I wonder about the "think the Olympics" line. It can mean a lot of things, but I too hope it isn't about the British royal family.

The Soviet state was never the villan in the movies, someone.... I mean Someone, is right about that.
I hope and believe the plot won't be about the tense relationship with Russia this time either.

Does anyone think the mention of the Balkans and the earlier reports of Dubrovnik as a location isn't a coincident?

Number24 wrote:

I wonder about the "think the Olympics" line. It can mean a lot of things, but I too hope it isn't about the British royal family.

The Soviet state was never the villan in the movies, someone.... I mean Someone, is right about that.
I hope and believe the plot won't be about the tense relationship with Russia this time either.

Does anyone think the mention of the Balkans and the earlier reports of Dubrovnik as a location isn't a coincident?

I think the Balkans bit is more about finding someone who can be a convincing Russian. I don't expect Dubrovnik to be a location. Despite my Europe locations theory.

Arbogast777 wrote:

Mads Mikkelse

He's great in House Of Cards, doesn't look too much like Mad. I don't think people will see them as the same character based on their looks. Has my vote  ajb007/martini

MI6Community: DoubleOGeauss
YouTube: DutchJamesBondFan

I fear we may not see Hinx back now..? ajb007/frown

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Someone wrote:

Could the Maori be Dwayne Johnson?

Now that would be awesome.

Gymkata wrote:

Manu Bennett

He's hot... yes cast him! ajb007/smile  ajb007/heart

POTENTIAL SPOILER!!

Don't scroll down if you don't want to read potential Bond25 spoilers.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

https://www.nettavisen.no/livsstil/nye- … 97972.html

The Norwegian lake shore filming has been confirmed as Bond25 and that filming takes place 25-31 March when a scene with a girl will see her kill two intruders.

In Spectre, Madeleine tells Bond when they're on the train, that a man came to kill her father, Mr White, when she was a child and she knew where a gun was kept in their house and implied she killed the assassin.

Is this Norway scene a flashback for Madeleine?

BTW Mr White's house in Spectre was in snow, by a lake...

Hmm, logical thinking with the Madeleine part there. That could also imply that she doesn't die near the start of the film (PTS or soon after) as it would be kind of pointless to go so much into her background then kill her off soon after. I just hope the girl is not a daughter Bond and Madeleine has had between the end of SP and B25...a getting revenge on the person who tried to kill my child sort of plot—or Bond having a child in general—doesn't really fit with Bond.

Last edited by JTM (26th Feb 2019 21:53)

What do they mean by "girl"? It could be child, but remember we call Bond's love interests girls. If the scene really is Madeleine's childhood memories it could be a dream. The only flashback so far in a Bond movie are in the PTS of CR and a few seconds in OHMSS. I agree that if the scene really is from Madeleine's childhood it is likely a sign she lives through the PTS and has a fairly large role in the movie.

Last edited by Number24 (26th Feb 2019 16:47)

https://www.google.de/amp/s/m.bild.de/u … obile.html

The name is Walker, by the way.

I don't know how I missed that the Twitter says the girl is a child  ajb007/insane
It's hightly prabable the girl is a Madeline as a child and the scene is a flashback or a nightmare. If that's true, Craig or any of the other main actor will be involved.  It also seems likely Norway will stand in for Austria. But there are many cheaper places to film a scene like that. Is it possible there is second location in Norway? New Zealand and Norway stood in for Kashmir in India in MI: Fallout, but NZ was used because of Kashmir is remote and a violent conflict is going on there and Norway was used because they needed a unique feature in the landscape.

I hope there is a non-flashback scene too where Norway is Norway. The scene by the lake is shot here because there's little point in  filming in Austria or Canada just for five minutes on the screen or something when they're filming in a snowy country anyway. But about 20 million dollars can only buy a limited number of minutes in a Bond film, so I guess I'm only grasping at straws.

Last edited by Number24 (26th Feb 2019 17:10)

Number24 wrote:

I agree that if the scene really is from Madeleine's childhood it is likely a sign she lives through the PTS and has a fairly large role in the movie.

Remember that Neal Callow told attendees at the opening of the 007 ELEMENTS exhibit, including Club James Bond France, that DC's wife Rachel Weisz would have the perfect profile for Bond25's Bond girl.
http://jamesbond007.net/2018/olivier-sc … e-bond-25/

An interesting casting took place in January:

I don't know how to tag spoilers so you'll have to click here  ajb007/smile

This is my translation, much helped by Google Translate. If anyone who's learnt any French the last thirthy years or even has French as their first language wants to have a go, you're very welcome:

"Casting:

We're looking for a young girl for an important part in a  feauture-length film. A Young girl (10-14 years old) With blonde hair and blue eyes. It's for portraying Lea Seydoux as a child. The physical resemblance is very important."

What does "Long metrage avec Lea Seydoux" mean?

it's looking more and more like we'll get to see the traumatic episode from Madeleine's chidhood.

Hmm...guess we‘re in for another „personal-trauma“ Bond then...yikes

The name is Walker, by the way.

At least this isn't HIS personal trauma  ajb007/crap
But Craig is going to be "childhood trauma Bond" …...

If filming will start in Norway on March 25th and filming in Pinewood starts April 5th, when will the press conferance be?
If it's just Madeline's chidhood trauma that will be filmed at Langvann it's reasonable to assume no-one from the main cast will be there (other than Christof Waltz watching from a distance?), so perhaps around the April 5th?