Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

I wonder where Madeline grew up? Her father is played by a Dane, she speaks French as her native language and she worked in Austria. Perhaps French-speaking Switzerland? A French boarding school? A French mother? I imagine a childhood moving around and learning several languages. What do you think?

Number24 wrote:

I wonder where Madeline grew up? Her father is played by a Dane, she speaks French as her native language and she worked in Austria. Perhaps French-speaking Switzerland? A French boarding school? A French mother? I imagine a childhood moving around and learning several languages. What do you think?

As plausible as anything.

Number24 wrote:

Doesn't she say in Spectre that she moved around a lot?

The piece in Collider says they want a North African vilan who's blind. That reminds me of Olivier Cesari in Raymond Bensen's The Union.

http://collider.com/rami-malek-bond-25-villain/

From an article in the newspaper VG today:

- "The child is a 13 year old British girl". From the context I gather they're refering to the actress, not the charecter.

- A company checked the ice in January and made calculations on how thick the ice must be to carry vehicles of several tons.

- The production ought to be finished by April 1st ecause of the wild animals in the forrest. However a tent the production uses can remain until April 12th.

-The cast will be presented on Monday the 4. of March (Next Monday) in Pinewood studios.

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/3jnqn … tte-vet-vi

Number24 wrote:

From an article in the newspaper VG today:

- "The child is a 13 year old British girl". From the context I gather they're refering to the actress, not the charecter.

- A company checked the ice in January and made calculations on how thick the ice must be to carry vehicles of several tons.

- The production ought to be finished by April 1st ecause of the wild animals in the forrest. However a tent the production uses can remain until April 12th.

-The cast will be presented on Monday the 4. of March (Next Monday) in Pinewood studios.

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/3jnqn … tte-vet-vi

According to this article Maya Khosrowshahi has been cast in the role. She doesn't appear to have any other acting credits to her name.

https://www.aftenposten.no/kultur/i/rLq … es-i-Norge

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | LetterBoxd | YouTube

Nice find. From Maya to Lea. ajb007/tongue

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

I just read that Lupita Nyong’o is possibly being considered for a role in Bond 25. Yes, please!

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."

This video isn't a spoiler in any way, but the discussion that might follow could be. It's an old interview with Carey from when he made Sin Nombre, I don't know if it's been posted in the forum before. Even if it has I think one aspect of it has become relevant again recently: When asked what ties together his work that far he mentions how all his movies feature the death of a child. As far as we know no child is killed in Bond25, but a child that's almost certainly the young Madeline kills a person and another person tries to kill her. Was Fukunaga drawn to the script because of this scene? Did he even contribute to or with this scene? We don't know, but I hope his interest in this theme will help him make the scene stronger.

https://youtu.be/eKYqDKNjbbM

Last edited by Number24 (3rd Mar 2019 19:22)

Maya Khosrowshahi who is cast as the girl in the Langvann scene has an Iranian surname. Strange, since the casting call was for a blonde girl with blue eyes who looks like Lea Seydoux. This is strange since those feautures are not dominant. If a blonde, blue-eyed woman has a child with a man with dark hair and eyes the child won't get blue eyes and blue hair. There are of course possible explainations for this. One is that the girl is from an earlier relationship, the mother (and the girl) took a new name when she married an Iranian. It's even possible (but not very likely) the spesifications in the casting call are outdated and the girl links up with the rumoured Middle Eastern theme.

The photo of the two cars getting smoke blown on them (standing on what seems to be the ice) combined with the report that the ice was tested for thickness to support vehicles weighing several tons makes it likely the cars will drive on the ice in the scene. The survivor among the two who broke into the cabin driving after Madeline on the ice? Someone trying to save her perhaps?

Last edited by Number24 (5th Mar 2019 19:54)

Number24 wrote:

The photo of the two cars getting smoke blown on them (standing on what seems to be the ice) combined with the report that the ice was tested for thickness to support vehicles weighing several tons makes it likely the cars will drive on the ice in the scene. The survivor among the two who broke into the cabin driving after Madeline on the ice? Someone trying to save her perhaps?

Those cars can't be for the flashback of a young Madeline running into the lake. If you think really hard about it you'll see why... ajb007/cool

Good point  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

But this raises some interesting questions: Are there two girls in the movie: one of Middle Eastern looks (perhaps) who gets chased on the ice in and one who is Madeline in the past? Because they did ask for an actress who looks like a young Lea Seydoux.

Probably won’t happen, but “young Léa Seydoux” might mean daughter. Just a thought.

Bond avenging his daughter, killed by Spectre... nah, too much for the franchise.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
"The very words I live by."

Arbogast777 wrote:
Number24 wrote:

Those cars can't be for the flashback of a young Madeline running into the lake. If you think really hard about it you'll see why... ajb007/cool

Yes new model vehicles in a flashback wouldn't work but like I said in the other thread, they could be doing pre-filming run-throughs, testing shot positioning etc for the scene out on the ice and those vehicles are just being used as stand-ins because the 30ish year old (late 80's/early 90's—around the time of a young Madeline) era stunt vehicles aren't being used yet??

Or something we haven't considered, the flashback scene isn't set at the cabin/lake and what's being filmed there is a scene set in current times. Or another thought...shudder...there's no flashback in the film and the call for the young girl who looks like Seydoux—blonde hair and blue eyes—isn't for a young Madeline but hers and Bond's (Craig=blonde hair, blue eyes as well) daughter. But I hope that's just getting into the realms of fantasy.

Edit: Great minds writingsonthewall, jumped in with the thought as I was writing this post.

Last edited by JTM (5th Mar 2019 22:27)

writingsonthewall wrote:

Probably won’t happen, but “young Léa Seydoux” might mean daughter. Just a thought.

JTM wrote:

Or another thought...shudder...there's no flashback in the film and the call for the young girl who looks like Seydoux—blonde hair and blue eyes—isn't for a young Madeline but hers and Bond's (Craig=blonde hair, blue eyes as well) daughter. But I hope that's just getting into the realms of fantasy.

The only thing about that is that the casting call was for up to a 14 year old so that would mean jumping ahead time wise quite a bit...

Yes, technically their daughter can't be older than five. One posibilty is an attack on the cabin in present day that triggers a nightmare or flashback in Madeline. I would like to see a photo of this Maya Khosrowshahi. Does she look like Lea Seydoux or , say …. Rami Malek? I think her photo might answer some questions.

Number24 wrote:

Yes, technically their daughter can't be older than five. One posibilty is an attack on the cabin in present day that triggers a nightmare or flashback in Madeline. I would like to see a photo of this Maya Khosrowshahi. Does she look like Lea Seydoux or , say …. Rami Malek? I think her photo might answer some questions.

The link below shows a picture of a child I believe was cast. The article isn't in English but I know this article was posted in another thread on this site.

https://figurants.com/figuration-enfant … doux_i8472

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

My French is weak, but the text above the photos of the girls is "See also:". I don't think the photo of the girl in question is there.
I'm not sure what the exact translation of "Il s’agira d’interpréter Léa Seydoux enfant" is. Is it "She will portray Lea Seydoux as a child" or "She will portray Lea Seydoux's child"?

The girl with the cello is named Maya Khosrowshahi. If it the same girl who is cast I'd say she looks Middle Eastern. She's the right age and the School is in Ealing, Britain.

Number24 wrote:

The girl with the cello is named Maya Khosrowshahi. If it the same girl who is cast I'd say she looks Middle Eastern. She's the right age and the School is in Ealing, Britain.

I wonder if she has anything to declare?  ajb007/lol

Nice little coincidence that they apparently played the Bond theme too.

"You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"

Just a cello … ello … ello …. ajb007/bond

Number24 wrote:

Wow, how did you find that? That's some Googling. I can't see how she can fulfil the requirements of the casting, beyond age and gender. I think the source of that name must just be wrong. And there must be a reason why they publicised that casting through a French casting agency. Seydoux is French. Why go for a British-Iranian child, makes no sense?

I think DC's grey hair is because they are time leaping, in the same way they did with Quantum and Skyfall. The child can be between 10-14 years if it is Bond's daughter.

And I think that with the Bond universe being a parallel one, there's no problem with contemporary cars being in a flashback if the child is a young Madeleine. I agree the current cars maybe stand-ins while they finish preparing the actual stunt cars.

I found the photo on MI6Community, where I sometimes lurk.
I'm starting to suspect there might be two girls in the movie, one of Middle Eastern decent in Norway in present time and Madeline as a child in a flashback or a dream. Another posibility is that the Lea Seydoux lookalike is cast for another movie.