Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

IMO, Bond getting a Knighthood (unless it's done secretly ie "off the books") would put a crimp in the whole being a spy/assassin thing. Of course, a Knighthood would be fine if he goes back into permanent retirement....which would spell reboot for Bond 26.

Italian website sassilive.it has video of a Bond25 set being built in Matera.
http://www.sassilive.it/cronaca/politic … eo-e-foto/

It says the set is a hotel balcony and it is being built in front of the Piazzetta Pascoli in Matera, giving it that great view across to the cathedral tower in the distance.

Find Piazzetta Pascoli here on Google maps.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/75100 … 9?hl=en-GB

The article also gives a couple of new details about the filming elsewhere in Italy.

Filming will involve almost all of the Sassi who will be the absolute and sole protagonists of the adventures of the most important secret cinema agent. Some shots will then be shot in Gravina in Puglia and on the main road 18 that crosses Maratea. They are taken in cars useful for discovering the beauties of the Tyrrhenian coast of Basilicata.

The "main road 18" is simply the coastal road. See it here, SS18, in Google maps, along the Maratea coastline.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/75100 … 9?hl=en-GB

Last edited by Someone (4th Aug 2019 19:22)

HowardB wrote:

IMO, Bond getting a Knighthood (unless it's done secretly ie "off the books") would put a crimp in the whole being a spy/assassin thing. Of course, a Knighthood would be fine if he goes back into permanent retirement....which would spell reboot for Bond 26.

I agree a Knighthood should mean its DC's last film.

If we want to be rational about this whole Knighthood thing, is it even realistic or make any sense, even if in the fantasy world of James Bond, (especially in the Craig/Bond era), that a "00", for all intents and purposes an assassin is given a Knighthood? An assassin who has made a lot of enemies over the years.... I pose this as a hypothetical question coming from an American without much knowledge of how Knighthoods work.

HowardB wrote:

If we want to be rational about this whole Knighthood thing, is it even realistic or make any sense, even if in the fantasy world of James Bond, (especially in the Craig/Bond era), that a "00", for all intents and purposes an assassin is given a Knighthood? An assassin who has made a lot of enemies over the years.... I pose this as a hypothetical question coming from an American without much knowledge of how Knighthoods work.

If he saves the World? Or even just saves the UK? Yeah why not? Seems more worthy than being a popular movie star? I mean, if Connery and Moore can be knighted, why not bond himself.

New video of the Matera, Piazzetta Pascoli cliff edge/hotel balcony set construction.
https://www.tgcal24.it/cinema-matera-si … 007-video/

PART ONE - This post got a bit big, so it's in two parts.

I find it strange that apparently 81 minutes of the film could be in Cuba and Jamaica (See Minute marks in part two) and yet the exterior location work done for these locations (27 April to 12 May) would only produce about 11 minutes of screentime and Norway would seem to be a third act location, but the only possible third act location work we know of is one car chase (or maybe two?) that spans a similar small amount of screen time.

The 11 minutes of Jamaica/Cuba screen time filming calculation is based on my anlaysis of past DC films' runtimes and the number of weeks they had for principle photogaphy. Quantum is the exception in all this, but it works out for DC's films as an average of five minutes of screen time produced per week, for a seven month filming period. That is an average because obviously a week of stunt work produces far less than 5mins of screentime and the very controlled environment of a studio means they can complete a lot more screen time than 5mins per week.

Looking at the Bond25 principle photography schedule, we understand that it is mainly from 25 April to 15 October (Fukunaga said during the Prince Charles visit that they stop filming in October), 25 weeks, plus one week for the March Norway filming, so 26 weeks. This equates to 5.4 minutes of screentime per week for a 2h 20min film. It drops to 5mins if it is a 2h 10min film.

Anyway, the apparent Norway chase filming (probably by a splinter unit) on the Atlantic road, and apparently continued later in Scotland, appeared to show Bond and Madeleine doubles with face replacement dots. But the post-PTS Scandinavian villa attack sequence would not seem to have Bond and Madeleine involved because it comes immediately after the PTS, scene 15K, when we know Bond is retired (and it appears to be a different season).

So, the Norway chase involving Bond and Madeleine must be in the third act based on the chronology we know of due to the clapperboards (I will return to the Cuba/Jamaica mystery further down). These are the clapperboards (time stamp estimates are based on 42 seconds per scene, which I justify here https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/954169/#p954169);

Scene
15K (10.5 minutes) - Norway
78 (54 minutes) - Jamaica
108 (75 minutes) - Cuba (start, middle or end of Cuba sequence?)
139 (97 minutes) - London
152 (106 minutes) - London
155 (108 minutes) - London

Yet we know of no other Norway related principle filming (leading cast) location work which would make the story make sense. I had speculated that MI6 psychologist Swann (and Blofeld psychoanalyst/interrogator) teams up with her ex, Bond, to find the scientist in the third act. But, there doesn't seem to be enough filming planned for 'Norway' to fill the usual 25-30 minute third act.

But, there will be for Italy following the Marketto007 revelations of the last few days.

Last edited by Someone (6th Aug 2019 18:24)

PART TWO

The Italy schedule, about 17 August to 15 October, is 7.4 weeks, or 40 minutes. MI6-hq.com had reported that Bond25 production (https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/dates-for-s … ess-190407) arrives in Italy on 12 August but we now know they are already there.

The Italy locations are, Matera, a region as well as a town, Gravina (20mi from Matera town) and Murgia (25mi), both in the Puglia region; Craco (35mi from Matera town), which is also in the Matera region; Riva dei Ginepri (a restaurant next to the Lido del sole, which translates to beach of the sun) which is 40mi from Matera town; and the Maratera/Tyrrhenian coast in the Potenza region, 180mi from Matera town. So, we have six Italian locations for seven weeks of filming, or about 35 minutes of screen time.

The Matera car chase PTS needs only two weeks tops for filming its seven minutes. This seven minutes is calculated starting with scene 15 coming (42*15/60=10.5) 10.5 minutes into the film and the titles/theme song sequence will likely be 3-4 minutes long based on Spectre's and Skyfall's.   

The remaining five weeks in Italy can then be used for the other locations. Five weeks equates to about 27 minutes. That would be the third act from 108 minutes (where Act II ends with scene 155 at the Hamersmith bridge - see above) to 137 minutes; with 2-3 minutes left for the epilogue (https://www.ajb007.co.uk/search/1085391116/). For example, Spectre's "I thought you'd left" sequence.

Ah, you might say, what about all the Pinewood studios filming? Maybe a Norwegian third act does have a lot of interior filming, but so must Cuba and Jamaica. 

The Pinewood/London filming schedule was from 13 May to 17 August, 13 weeks, and that equates to 70 minutes. With 81 mins of screentime for Jamaica and Cuba (See Minute marks below), minus 11 minutes for the Jamaica location filming, you have 70 minutes of filming left for Pinewood - including Cuba exterior street action scenes.

Minute marks - based on the clapperboard numbers and 42secs per scene.
0-7 Italy PTS
3-4 minute title sequence
10.5-16 Norway
16-54 Jamaica (38 minutes in Jamaica? Isn't that way too much time for Leiter to meet Bond and they go off on their mission?*)
54-97 Cuba
97-108 London
108-137 Norway or Italy? Not based on clapperboards. Speculation.
137-140 Epilogue. Not based on clapperboards. Speculation.

So, the Pinewood filming, as we know it, is all used up. Yet, we know they filmed M office scenes from the Prince Charles visit and we know from scenes 139 to 155 were Bond in London, which amounts to about 10 minutes of screen time. That would need 2 weeks. The Marketto007 info provides the answer.

The stuntmen go to Italy in mid-August but as Marketto007's info says, DC gets there in early September (2 Sept is a Monday), with other cast membes no doubt, and so that gives them an extra two weeks at Pinewood.

We are still left with no apparent interior filming for Norway, despite speculation that the Scottish castle recently seen with Bond25 crew quarters located nearby will be in the film.

*a Blofeld UK jail break sequence? In July, we know Christoph Waltz was filming scenes at Pinewood.

Last edited by Someone (6th Aug 2019 18:31)

Still plenty of filming to be done at Pinewood

... and not just in the toilets !  ajb007/tongue

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

Thunderpussy wrote:

Sorry, but there’s nothing humorous about that situation or your attempt to turn it into a joke.  ajb007/rolleyes

In your opinion. ....Can't beat a bit of "Virtue signalling" from the Pious
for an Obvious Joke  ajb007/crap 

I get the message You're so much better than the rest of us  ajb007/rolleyes
and a member of the " Self-righteous Brothers "  ajb007/biggrin

Last edited by Thunderpussy (6th Aug 2019 20:16)

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

Thunderpussy wrote:

Well I thought your obvious joke was funny... You keep being you TP  ajb007/smile 

But moving on.

Someone wrote:

PART ONE - This post got a bit big, so it's in two parts.

PART TWO

A great read there Someone—seems like we have a pretty solid outline of the film. Based on those clapperboard numbers it does seem like an awfully long time spent in Jamaica. While I did like the look of the Jamaican set pieces, cinematography etc in those shots in that BTS teaser video, I hope they don't drag on for too long as it doesn't look like we have that much action there, just Bond relaxing in his retirement/downtime/suspension and ending up meeting Felix.

Speaking of action though, we did see Bond in Jamaica in that BTS vid slinking past a dark window with his speargun ready, but I'd like to think that could be just a scene where he comes home and hears a noise or something, so he sneaks around back, bursts in and finds Felix relaxing on his couch drinking one of his Heinekens  ajb007/tongue

...Although just remembering it now, at the end of that video there was a big nighttime explosion and I'm guessing by the video context it was in Jamaica, so I'm not sure what happens there??

Anyway as always thanks for your in-depth breakdown Someone  ajb007/martini

Thunderpussy wrote:

ajb007/lol   ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

Well I spat my coffee all over my screen, when I saw this. Well played, Sir!

Although, I wonder if this is going to be that Prince of Wales cameo.....  ajb007/crap

"I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
-Mr Arlington Beech

JTM wrote:

A great read there Someone—seems like we have a pretty solid outline of the film. Based on those clapperboard numbers it does seem like an awfully long time spent in Jamaica.

Thanks. I was surprised I hadn't spotted that before, the lengthy amount of time in Jamaica. Babs Broccoli said at the Live Reveal that the story finds Bond in Jamaica but he doesn't stay there for very long. As we know Lashana's Nomi turns up in Jamaica, we may have some Whitehall scenes while Bond is still in Jamaica, and that's when there is the 'come in 007,' and its Nomi scene the tabloids were raving about. But, 40 minutes, or 35 minutes in Jamaica is still a hell of a lot. There's certainly some strange things abut Bond25's production.   

JTM wrote:

...Although just remembering it now, at the end of that video there was a big nighttime explosion and I'm guessing by the video context it was in Jamaica, so I'm not sure what happens there??

My guess is that that boat exploding as the plane flies over it, which is what I think you're referring to, will be in Cuba.

They are filming right now in Swinley Forest near Ascot. Right across the road from where we live! We asked the security which is on all 3 entrances and whilst he could not confirm what they were shooting he told us they were filming vehicles which they did not want the public to see! Valhalla has to be part of it.
The 1st and 2nd units are there as well is the Main Vehicles and Car units!!

Liparus wrote:

They are filming right now in Swinley Forest near Ascot. Right across the road from where we live! We asked the security which is on all 3 entrances and whilst he could not confirm what they were shooting he told us they were filming vehicles which they did not want the public to see! Valhalla has to be part of it.

Pictures?

According to Google maps Swinley Forest is a 30 minute drive from Pinewood studios.

"Right across the road," which road? Forestesr Way, Nine Mile Ride, Brackneil, Swinley, London road?

Someone wrote:
Liparus wrote:

Pictures?

According to Google maps Swinley Forest is a 30 minute drive from Pinewood studios.

"Right across the road," which road? Forestesr Way, Nine Mile Ride, Brackneil, Swinley, London road?

Don't you think members here deserve some privacy regarding the road they live on?

JTM wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

Well I thought your obvious joke was funny... You keep being you TP  ajb007/smile 

But moving on.

Yeah I had a good laugh at that too.

Someone wrote:
Liparus wrote:

Pictures?

No pics sadly, and the security is very tight. Someone else managed to get a vid of Cary, and we we can hear the helicopters above, them another resident has confirmed there is a full Aston support team here too.

Matt S wrote:
Someone wrote:
Liparus wrote:

Pictures?

Don't you think members here deserve some privacy regarding the road they live on?

https://i.postimg.cc/Xpz9NFH8/8259-F9-A2-C069-4-B04-9-D13-40-CDD8-F3-B48-B.jpg

Lol, can’t give you the street, but there’s several entrances to the forest, from the residential streets

Liparus wrote:
Someone wrote:
Liparus wrote:

Pictures?

No pics sadly, and the security is very tight. Someone else managed to get a vid of Cary, and we we can hear the helicopters above, them another resident has confirmed there is a full Aston support team here too.

Really: actual Aston Martin company vehicles? That’s interesting that they go to set.

Liparus wrote:

Lol, can’t give you the street, but there’s several entrances to the forest, from the residential streets

Interesting picture, thanks. If you can get that person to put the video on social media that would be good.

Looking at Swinley forest on Google maps I can only imagine the 'Norway' car chase becomes a chase on foot.

https://www.google.com/search?q=swinley … &vet=1

There are 'roads' but their single lane and much of it is really bike and walkers only.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.3610464 … 240!8i5120

I hadn't noticed this before, but it is next to Sandhurst military academy. Coincidence?

Sandhurst is Army officer training, although it is there is an element of combined services training staff (at platoon commander level - my Plt Cmdr was a commando trained Navy officer), but it is mostly Army through and through. On the same site is the Staff College which is for officers moving up, and although this sometimes has elements of navy and airforce, it’s pretty much Army and Royal Marines (accepting they are navy). In the context of what we know about Bond 25, with bond out of active service, and even if we consider the SBS background suggested in the D.C. era, I can’t see any reason why Bond would be at RMAS for any legitimate reason... lots of grounds though, and as the main college is on Summer leave, would be a good base for the film crew and equipment.

Someone wrote:
Liparus wrote:

Interesting picture, thanks. If you can get that person to put the video on social media that would be good.

Looking at Swinley forest on Google maps I can only imagine the 'Norway' car chase becomes a chase on foot.

https://www.google.com/search?q=swinley … &vet=1

There are 'roads' but their single lane and much of it is really bike and walkers only.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.3610464 … 240!8i5120

I hadn't noticed this before, but it is next to Sandhurst military academy. Coincidence?