Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Number24 wrote:
Tennyson wrote:
Number24 wrote:

After seeing this screencap I don' belive the two assault suit clad figures are Bond and Nomi:

https://i.imgur.com/Bj8uB6v.jpg

This person is black, but I'm pretty sure it's a man and the hairstyle is different. It's not Nomi IMO.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFaARNwWwAAYH1c?format=jpg&name=medium

It might be my eyesight, but the ‘operator’ in the break in scene seems to have a strange hair cut, looks similar to the Matera motor cyclist

https://i.postimg.cc/zV4s7tT8/6-C2-FCC49-515-F-49-A3-A69-C-0-C7-E8727050-F.jpg

It's the same haircut, but the man in the break-in has amuch darker complexion.

It looks like Dali Bensalah.

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | LetterBoxd | YouTube

With NTTD’s cars being added to the BiM exhibition, there are some interesting bew details:

First one is the bike described as „Primo's Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE as seen in Matera, Italy“
-> So it‘s a safe bet to assume that Dali Benssalah‘s character is in fact named „Primo“.

Second one is „Ash's New Land Rover Defender 110“
-> Currently there’s exactly and only one character we no nothing at all about and that would be Billy Magnussen‘s.

This raises the question why he is chasing Bond in Norway/Russia and if that makes him a traitor like suspected since he is assisted by a helicopter.

Last edited by AugustWalker (6th Dec 2019 18:29)

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
Check it out, you won’t be disappointed ajb007/smile

Love the trailer, really looking forward to seeing the film.  A tinge of melancholy however, gonna miss DC's Bond, he's absolutely made the character his own, THE best Bond IMO.  My nearly-10 year old daughter has become a massive fan of the films and the character, to her DC is the only Bond she knows and she's good with that.

Confident that NTTD will give DC a fitting finale.

Right there with you Gomers..  My son turns 10 next week and he is an avid DC Bond fan...  HUGE shoes to fill....

AugustWalker wrote:

With NTTD’s cars being added to the BiM exhibition, there are some interesting bew details:
First one is the bike described as „Primo's Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE as seen in Matera, Italy“
-> So it‘s a safe bet to assume that Dali Benssalah‘s character is in fact named „Primo“.

Second one is „Ash's New Land Rover Defender 110“
-> Currently there’s exactly and only one character we no nothing at all about and that would be Billy Magnussen‘s.

This raises the question why he is chasing Bond in Norway/Russia and if that makes him a traitor like suspected since he is assisted by a helicopter.

I think Ashe is Magnussen's corrupt CIA agent. I think Leiter says he needs Bond's help because he's the only one he can trust because he suspects Ashe, and maybe Paloma.

The leaked Spectre emails said that “allies," the CIA and MI6, "are being picked apart creating paranoia and suspicion". With Leiter paranoid about who to trust, Bond then does not trust Nomi, although she tells him who she is in Jamaica, and Bond goes to Cuba anyway for Leiter to work with Paloma, and one imagines Ashe. Ashe then betrays Bond and Paloma, who helps Bond escape the SPECTRE meeting that Ashe leads them to, and Nomi intervenes to save them, but maybe Paloma dies and maybe Primo too, but Ashe escapes.

Bond, now trusting Nomi, goes back to London and he will eventually go on a mission with Madeleine to find the scientist Waldo or find kidnapped Q, or both, and Ashe reappears in the Vantage/beige SUV/Land Rover Defender chase. I'm guessing Ashe is successful and he takes Madeleine away in that helicopter. I guess Ashe will die in Safin's lair at some point.

The last three DC film trailers follow the same pattern, they are pretty chronlogical for act one and two, with some shots interspersed early to confuse the chronology, for example in the Skyfall trailer the shot of M's laptop saying 'Think on your sins' comes after a shot of the MI6 hq exploding. But, pretty much, the tailers show the films' chronlogies up to the third act.   

Skyfall's trailer actually shows the final shot of the film (at 1min 40 sec) and while Spectre's trailer doesn't, the latest shot in the film it does show is a shot of M walking on to Westminster bridge. The Skyfall and Spectre trailers both show a number of shots from the third act, for Skyfall it's the Lodge battle and for Spectre it's Bond in the ruined MI6 hq and shooting at the helicopter, as well as M on Westminster bridge.

Reflecting on all that, NTTD's trailer differs in that it starts with Matera and we know that starts at scene 16, and is unlikely to be the PTS. We don't see anything from the Norway villa/lake shoot until towards the end of the trailer; misdirection I guess. Other than that, the trailer is pretty chronological, Matera, Jamaica, Cuba, London, MI6, Blofeld, Q's house, then the SUV/Defender chase. 

Before, I've previously estimated (https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/955663/#p955663) that the second act ends when Bond is in London and at about the 108 minute mark, 32 minutes before the end of a 2h 20min film, Bond leaves London for a mission that appears to now take him to Safin's lair somewhere in Russia. So, what can we tell will happen in those 32 minutes from the trailer?

I think the NTTD trailer shows far more of the third act than the Skyfall and Spectre trailers did. We see, Nomi karate kicking someone, a shot of her disappearing into the darkness, a shot of her finding Bond in a green coat on a country road; Bond in the green coat running through a forest, a helicopter flying off in the distance; shots of Bond in his commando outfit with a rifle, Bond in his green coat driving an SUV followed by the helicopter we saw flying away; Bond and Nomi in a laboratory, Bond pointing his rifle in Safin's lair; Safin and Bond in Safin's lair and Bond says history isn't kind to men who play God; Bond firing a grenade, a Land Rover flipping over, an underground algae farm, and Bond in the gunbarrel tunnel shot. Quite a lot.

I'm guessing the reason why Bond goes on his mission is Q being taken hostage. Bond goes with Madeleine. Essentially the first half of the third act is a chase with Bond and Madeleine in the Vantage and Q and Safin's goons in the SUV accompanied by the Defenders. While Bond and Madeleine rescue Q, I think ultimately they fail and Madeleine and Q, or maybe Q dies, and its only Madeleine, but either way, Bond is left as the helicopter leaves him behind.

The second half of the third act is the Bond/Nomi mission to infiltrate the lair. This begins where we see Nomi picking up Bond on the country road, and then Bond and Nomi attacking a laboratory and the scientists, they find the algae farm, and somehow Bond and Nomi get separated and Bond alone finds Safin. I'd imagine Bond and Nomi find Madeleine and they agree Nomi will exfiltrate with Madeleine, while Bond intends to kill Safin for Q's death. Bond ultimately escapes Safin's lair, I think the gunbarrel tunnel shot is part of this, and the leaked pictures we saw of Nomi and Madeleine on a rocky beach are how the Safin mission ends. In those pictures we see Bond and Nomi and Madeleine in a RIB, but how exactly the movie ends after that is anyone's guess.

There's been some talk of Bond dying in NTTD, but I don't think it's "appropriate" for Bond to die. A cliffhanger is OK, but not a clear death. The one on the good side I don't mind gets Killed is Nomi. I'vegot nothing against the actress or character , I'm just thinking of the real world after effect. I've already seen newspaper articles about who should be the next James Bond where about a third of the suggestions are women, including Lashana Lynch. To avoid rumours about "They're setting Lynch up as James Bond in future films I think it would be best if she got a heroic death in NTTD. JBR suggested Felix Leiter gets killed in Jamaica. I don't think that's a good idea. JBR said Bond needs more personal reasons to go after Safin, but I don't see that. Bond has plently reasons to go after Safin because of Madeleine, and I also belive Bond doesn't always need personal reasons to do everything.

Number24 wrote:

There's been some talk of Bond dying in NTTD, but I don't think it's "appropriate" for Bond to die. A cliffhanger is OK, but not a clear death. The one on the good side I don't mind gets Killed is Nomi. I've got nothing against the actress or character , I'm just thinking of the real world after effect. I've already seen newspaper articles about who should be the next James Bond where about a third of the suggestions are women, including Lashana Lynch. To avoid rumours about "They're setting Lynch up as James Bond in future films I think it would be best if she got a heroic death in NTTD.

I agree with Haphazard Stuff's John Clark comments from the James Bond & Friends podcast that it is difficult to see how they square the circle and don't offend anyone by bringing Bond back and giving him the 007 number again. Killing Nomi will attract a huge amount of negativity. 

Number24 wrote:

JBR suggested Felix Leiter gets killed in Jamaica. I don't think that's a good idea. JBR said Bond needs more personal reasons to go after Safin, but I don't see that. Bond has plently reasons to go after Safin because of Madeleine, and I also believe Bond doesn't always need personal reasons to do everything.

I do have questions about Bond's motivations. Why should he go on Leiter's mission? And still after Nomi's intervention? And again, why does Bond go to London after Cuba and then why does he go after Safin after London? Does Bond want revenge for Leiter or Q or both?

Is it Madeleine's secret? Is Madeleine susceptible to the same gas that apparently kills the SPECTRE party attendees in Cuba? Is Bond out to find that?

Or is Madeleine a programmed SPECTRE agent unaware she is an agent? Is she a clone? Why would she be the death of Bond? Has she been programmed to kill Bond? Is that why when her secret 'comes out,' to quote Blofeld, Bond will die?

Last edited by Someone (8th Dec 2019 16:08)

Looking back at Marketto007's leaked Spectre emails post (https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/945514/#p945514) I've noticed that leaked email 32966 (Wikileaks numbering) says, "what kind of a clinic is it one where people go to be turned into someone else?" Is Safin becoming Dr No? Did Oberhauser become Blofeld and that's why the original Blofeld was born in 1946? Was Madeleine born someone else?

Last edited by Someone (9th Dec 2019 09:58)

Someone wrote:
Number24 wrote:

There's been some talk of Bond dying in NTTD, but I don't think it's "appropriate" for Bond to die. A cliffhanger is OK, but not a clear death. The one on the good side I don't mind gets Killed is Nomi. I've got nothing against the actress or character , I'm just thinking of the real world after effect. I've already seen newspaper articles about who should be the next James Bond where about a third of the suggestions are women, including Lashana Lynch. To avoid rumours about "They're setting Lynch up as James Bond in future films I think it would be best if she got a heroic death in NTTD.

I agree with Haphazard Stuff's John Clark comments from the James Bond & Friends podcast that it is difficult to see how they square the circle and don't offend anyone by bringing Bond back and giving him the 007 number again. Killing Nomi will attract a huge amount of negativity.

There are a few things they can do with Nomi.  She can resign as a 007, but that was done with Moneypenny  and doing it twice will look like a questionable pattern. She can stay in the 00-section with another number assigned. I'm all for female 00- agents, but making her change her double 0 number because of Bond doesn't look too good. Nomi can turn out to be a double agent, but that would be the worst option I think. I don't know how much of negativity killing Nomi will cause. It's entirely possible having Nomi stopping the illan's plan and saving an untold number of people or even saving Bond herself, but losing her life while doing it.
Out of the possibilities listed  I think an heroic death is the best one.

Isn´t Q the scientist who has been kidnapped?

Seven wrote:

Isn´t Q the scientist who has been kidnapped?

Unlikely as the film's synopsis indicates the mission Leiter sends Bond on is to find the scientist and we know Q is safe and well later in the film when Bond gets to London.

Number24 wrote:

There are a few things they can do with Nomi.  She can resign as a 007, but that was done with Moneypenny  and doing it twice will look like a questionable pattern. She can stay in the 00-section with another number assigned. I'm all for female 00- agents, but making her change her double 0 number because of Bond doesn't look too good. Nomi can turn out to be a double agent, but that would be the worst option I think. I don't know how much of negativity killing Nomi will cause. It's entirely possible having Nomi stopping the villain's plan and saving an untold number of people or even saving Bond herself, but losing her life while doing it.

I could imagine a scene where Bond comes back to MI6 and is offered a double-o number and says he wants 007 and Nomi rolls her eyes and says, 'it's only a number,' and swops codenames with Bond. I could equally see Bond going off into the sunset with Madeleine and her child clone to live the happily-ever-after.

I think your solution or an heroic death are the best solutions even though both can lead to backlashes.

Matt S wrote:
Number24 wrote:

I think the simularities to the Liparus set is mainly the red suits.

I didn't even noticed the red suits when I first saw the trailer. I just noticed the shape of the walls, the blue-grey colour and the water in the middle. It resembles the Liparus beyond the red suits. The scale of the set is also similar to the Liparus.

I think people are trying too hard to relate it to Dr. No.

I know I am  ajb007/lol

Just having another rewatch of the trailer and noticed this shot.

https://i.postimg.cc/QKkyShTx/Screen-Shot-2019-12-10-at-00-43-12.png

Does anyone have any theories on where this fits in the film?? A seaplane flying away from what looks like a fishing boat exploding.

JTM wrote:

Does anyone have any theories on where this fits in the film?? A seaplane flying away from what looks like a fishing boat exploding.

It was filmed in Jamaica, pictures of the filming surfaced online. Not far from the boat, on the shore, was a huge Cuban revolution mural, so the speculation at the time was that it is part of the Cuba sequence.

It also looks a lot a like something on the FYEO  ajb007/bond

Number24 wrote:
Someone wrote:
Number24 wrote:

There are a few things they can do with Nomi.  She can resign as a 007, but that was done with Moneypenny  and doing it twice will look like a questionable pattern. She can stay in the 00-section with another number assigned. I'm all for female 00- agents, but making her change her double 0 number because of Bond doesn't look too good. Nomi can turn out to be a double agent, but that would be the worst option I think. I don't know how much of negativity killing Nomi will cause. It's entirely possible having Nomi stopping the illan's plan and saving an untold number of people or even saving Bond herself, but losing her life while doing it.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if they kill Bond and use Lynch's character as his successor. Maybe not to play 'Bond' in future films but more as a symbolic gesture. A passing of the torch. I feel kinda nervous about this, because I would not be surprised if they did it. A The more I think about it the more I feel that this is the way that they have gone

Last edited by Revolver66 (10th Dec 2019 00:12)

Revolver66 wrote:
Number24 wrote:
Someone wrote:

I wouldn't at all be surprised if they kill Bond and use Lynch's character as his successor. Maybe not to play 'Bond' in future films but more a a symbolic gesture. A passing of the torch. I feel kinda nervous about this, because I would not be surprised if they did it. A The more I think about it the more I feel that this is the way that they have gone

The tone of the trailer doesn't feel like one of doom. I think that if Bond were to die we would have had a trailer with a darker tone.

I certainly hope they don't kill Bond. I do, however, fully envision the 'new 007' not surviving the film. An heroic death, to be sure, but surely we ought not shy away from having a character die to please the PC lobbyists  ajb007/crap

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

JTM wrote:

Someone wrote:

It was filmed in Jamaica, pictures of the filming surfaced online. Not far from the boat, on the shore, was a huge Cuban revolution mural, so the speculation at the time was that it is part of the Cuba sequence.

Number24 wrote:

It also looks a lot a like something on the FYEO

In the short story Quantum of Solace, before Bond attended the dinner party, he had been in the neighbourhood blowing up two boats delivering arms to Castro's revolutionaries.

Bond had been sent to "put a stop" to arms shipments to Castro from Jamaica and the Bahamas.
"Bond had found out about the two big cabin cruisers that were being fitted out for the job, and rather than make arrests when they were about to sail, thus causing an incident, he had chosen a very dark night and crept up on the boats in a police launch. From the deck of the unlighted launch he had tossed a thermite bomb through an open port of each of them. He had then made off at high speed and watched the bonfire from a distance."
(FYEO, PAN edition, pg 85)

Loeffelholz wrote:

I certainly hope they don't kill Bond. I do, however, fully envision the 'new 007' not surviving the film. An heroic death, to be sure, but surely we ought not shy away from having a character die to please the PC lobbyists  ajb007/crap

I guess it's not impossible they kill Bond in NTTD, but deep down I don't think they will. An ambigious death where it's unclear if de died or not could work, but not a clear death.

Matt S wrote:
Revolver66 wrote:
Number24 wrote:

I wouldn't at all be surprised if they kill Bond and use Lynch's character as his successor. Maybe not to play 'Bond' in future films but more a a symbolic gesture. A passing of the torch. I feel kinda nervous about this, because I would not be surprised if they did it. A The more I think about it the more I feel that this is the way that they have gone

The tone of the trailer doesn't feel like one of doom. I think that if Bond were to die we would have had a trailer with a darker tone.

I hope you're right Matt. I would hate to see it happen. I would be surprised if they killed the new 007 if Lynch is indeed playing that role in this film. We shall see though hey!

villefranche wrote:
Someone wrote:
AugustWalker wrote:

The only thing bothering me about the trailer is Blofeld‘s age, he is 73 which is odd considering they were „brothers“ at a young age...

Which suggests we might see some retconning. I don't think that computer screen is necessarily a computer at MI6 or the Wakefield prison.

If Safin is the Norway gunmen then whatever evil science SPECTRE has developed may have made Safin younger and equally Waltz's Blofeld.

In SPECTRE Blofeld says he took his new name from his mother's bloodline. Is Safin from that bloodline? Is Safin a Blofeld? Is Waltz's Blofeld a double for how Safin would look if he had not been made younger?     

Was Madeleine's mother a Blofeld? Is that her secret?

. . . From the trailer, one can detect hints that could refer to callbacks to both Dr. No (the Japanese vibe)  . . .

Dr. No is half Chinese, half German.  Nothing Japanese at all, any more than LeChiffre is German because of fair skin and a Hitler haircut.