2,151

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Seven wrote:
Someone wrote:

I'm thoroughly confused.

Well, we wouldn't want that, would we?

https://media.tenor.com/images/14c7622858611258e4af76cf4f435fc4/tenor.gif

Yes. Consssssiderably.

2,152

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Not sure if it’s really news but have seen an interview of one of Omega executives who claims that the Seamaster will “play a role” in NTTD.
Assuming it’s true, guess it will be something like we saw in Spectre.

"Surround yourself with human beings, they are easier to fight for than principles.”

2,153

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

db5.007 wrote:

Not sure if it’s really news but have seen an interview of one of Omega executives who claims that the Seamaster will “play a role” in NTTD.
Assuming it’s true, guess it will be something like we saw in Spectre.

Link?

2,154

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Previously this (https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/965240/#p965240) was my idea for NTTD's story from Bond's return to London and onward.

Bond goes back to London to warn M about what has happened to Spectre and his concerns about Nomi. Bond then visits Q, who says, 'so you're not dead,' confirming Bond did fake his own death. Bond needs Q's help and asks Q for a plane suggesting that the destination is an island. Bond meets M and Tanner secretly in Hammersmith to discuss the infiltration of MI6 and CIA by the new evil empire that has destroyed Spectre. Bond goes to see Blofeld at Wakefield prison and encounters Madeleine again. Blofeld tells Bond her secret will be the death of Bond. While Bond is in Wakefield, Q is taken hostage. Blofeld's release is demanded for Q's safe return. M unofficially sends Bond with Madeleine to the Russian Far East to get Q back.

Tracking down Q, Bond and Madeleine are in a chase with Ashe and his henchmen. With the Vantage, Bond rescues Q but he is mortally wounded. Bond, Madeleine and a dying Q are trying to escape from Ashe's Land Rover Defender and Safin's helicopter but Bond fails, Madeleine is taken and Q dies. Bond is found by Nomi and together they plan to attack Safin's ex-diamond mine lair and they infiltrate it. Bond and Nomi find Safin's deadly algae farm and his cloning/identity changing clinic, and Nomi finds Madeleine and a clone victim child. Bond goes to kill Safin to avenge Q while Nomi, Madeleine and the child escape to a rocky beach. Bond kills Safin and escapes the self-destructing lair reaching the beach and they all escape in a RIB. Mission accomplished, Bond, Madeleine and the clone child walk into the sunset as a family, Bond has the happy ever after.

However, seeing what looked like Q watching Bond and Nomi launch out of the military aircraft and them both wearing the combat outfits we see them infiltrating Safin's lair in, then the sequence of events is clearly very different. We also now know that the film is not 3h long, according to Fukunaga, but it could be 2h 45m or 2h 30m. So, to reconstruct the third act, I've organised brief descriptions of images, both official and unofficial, we have seen to date (if I've missed anything do say) in an order that may represent the third act.

Bond and Nomi in glider launching from the back of an aircraft, Q appearing to look-on.
Bond and Nomi in Safin's lair (various images).
Safin in his lair with his goons.
Bond on his own in Safin's lair. (We haven't seen Nomi in Safin's lair on her own.)
Bond alone in an underground tunnel, does gun barrel sequence like turn.
Nomi and Madeleine, and possibly a child, on a rocky beach. (How Madeleine gets there is anyone's guess)
Nomi, Bond, Madeleine, and possibly a child, in a RIB.

A beige SUV being chased on Norway's Atlantic road.
Bond in a green coat driving the beige SUV with Madeleine and possibly a child in the back.
Bond fires grenade launcher in forest.
A BTS picture of Malek in Swinley forest.
Bond in a green coat running after a helicopter.
Bond walking along the road wearing the green coat/Nomi in the Valhalla.

Bond and Madeleine in the Vantage on the Atlantic road. (This must be the end and not part of the SUV chase. The filming location may not represent what is happening in the scene)
The Scandinavian Villa in Swinley forest.

Last edited by Someone (6th Feb 2020 15:59)

2,155

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

New (unofficial) pics

Bond exiting the DB5:


https://i.postimg.cc/zLrnLN28/33-DF22-E6-F041-4-E33-BD3-B-8-E17-D2-E232-AF.jpg


Bond at the train station:

https://i.postimg.cc/zV4wrKnL/3-FABB3-A5-A99-B-49-C7-AA55-B898-DBFE8-F8-C.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/FYcyszZT/4-EEAB067-54-C2-4-DBD-A7-AC-AB9670-A3-BFAD.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/BtYcmdbB/8-EBAD462-ED21-4474-ABDC-67-D62-D68-B59-F.jpg

The name is Walker by the way.

2,156

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Fukunaga has said that NTTD is not 3h long, so that makes the third act very time constrained if it is the DC films' norm of about 2h 20min. In which case it's only about 25 mins from the Hammersmith bridge M, Tanner and Bond scene to the end of the film. Thinking about that third act, my questions are;

How does Madeleine go from Wakefield prison to where Bond and Nomi are? Who is on the backseat of the beige SUV with Madeleine? Why has Bond got a green coat?

Bond and Nomi seem to fail in their mission and end up separated. Is the SUV chase, Bond and others trying to escape Safin's men after the lair infiltration? Bond then fails and is left running after a helicopter. Then Bond ends up walking along the road alone and Nomi now in a Valhalla - stolen from Safin?

In past films, Bond has visited a lair and then returned later, for example, TSWLM and Atlantis and Octopussy and Khan's Palace. Will we see another infiltation of the lair to retrieve whomever Safin took from the beige SUV?

2,157

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

https://i.postimg.cc/nstXcy4g/EQJszwj-U8-AQA6-Qv.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/F1PmYyxZ/EQJszwk-UYAAj4-U8.jpg
Total Film febr issue out today, interview with Malek & Fukunaga.

2,158

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Someone wrote:

Fukunaga has said that NTTD is not 3h long, so that makes the third act very time constrained if it is the DC films' norm of about 2h 20min. In which case it's only about 25 mins from the Hammersmith bridge M, Tanner and Bond scene to the end of the film. Thinking about that third act, my questions are;

How does Madeleine go from Wakefield prison to where Bond and Nomi are? Who is on the backseat of the beige SUV with Madeleine? Why has Bond got a green coat?

Bond and Nomi seem to fail in their mission and end up separated. Is the SUV chase, Bond and others trying to escape Safin's men after the lair infiltration? Bond then fails and is left running after a helicopter. Then Bond ends up walking along the road alone and Nomi now in a Valhalla - stolen from Safin?

In past films, Bond has visited a lair and then returned later, for example, TSWLM and Atlantis and Octopussy and Khan's Palace. Will we see another infiltation of the lair to retrieve whomever Safin took from the beige SUV?

I think it will play out sth like this:

Bond and Madeleine travel to (mysterious country) via the Atlantic Sea Road. There, they go to the castle (filmed in Scotland) and „pick up“ the young girl and escape in a jeep. Being followed by Ash in the Land Rover and the helicopter through the forest, Bond looses control over his SUV and the baddies manage to abduct the two women in the helicopter, leaving Bond alone and eventually picked up by Nomi‘s Aston.
.
End of act 2
.
Then Bond and Nomi start a rescue mission via the glider-plane and infiltrate Safin‘s lair...
End of that scene is the escape via the little boat, the whole lair being probably blown up.
.
Then an epilogue and fin.

The name is Walker by the way.

2,159

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

AugustWalker wrote:

I think it will play out sth like this:

Bond and Madeleine travel to (mysterious country) via the Atlantic Sea Road. There, they go to the castle (filmed in Scotland) and „pick up“ the young girl and escape in a jeep. Being followed by Ash in the Land Rover and the helicopter through the forest, Bond looses control over his SUV and the baddies manage to abduct the two women in the helicopter, leaving Bond alone and eventually picked up by Nomi‘s Aston.
.
End of act 2
.
Then Bond and Nomi start a rescue mission via the glider-plane and infiltrate Safin‘s lair...
End of that scene is the escape via the little boat, the whole lair being probably blown up.
.
Then an epilogue and fin.

That's broadly what I thought, and now I just checked, and Bond is not wearing his tactical trousers with the Henley long sleeved top and green jacket when Nomi finds him on the road and I had thought he was. OK, so he seems to be wearing a lot of Henley tops in the film.

But, it begs the question, when he goes to see Q when he returns to London he says he needs a plane (we hear and see him say it in the 30 sec Q teaser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLQLqFCZSDY). We know this is contemporaneous with that first visit to London because Moneypenny is wearing the same clothes at Q's house that she wears in the MI6 office. And if he needs a plane then, why is he driving the Vantage with Madeleine later and apparently he needs another plane from Q again after that. Lots of planes.

Last edited by Someone (7th Feb 2020 17:06)

2,160

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Lifestyle magazine Mashable has an on-set NTTD report and there's a lot of info there, a lot of which we already know, but here is the interesting stuff.
https://mashable.com/article/james-bond … urope=true

"[Felix] asks him to do him a favour and that is to go and collect a package in Cuba...So Bond, wanting to be a good friend, and slightly suspicious of what's going on, mention of Spectre out there, he decides to fulfill the request..."

So, Bond knows he's going to encounter Spectre, and now the mission is not a kidnapped scientist but a package. One assumes that if you're collecting a package, package is not a euphemism for a scientist who has been kidnapped. So, what happened to the mission to rescue a scientist? Was that misdirection in the synopsis?

"...during the course of the [Cuba] event, he comes across a suspicious woman who he had seen in Jamaica."
We saw Bond bump into Nomi in the nightclub in the August BTS video and again in the 4 December trailer.

The article also reveals that Nomi is a pilot (Royal Air Force, Army or Royal Navy?) and she has a gadget, a portable minilab which has a mini scanner gadget. I guess this is to analyse whatever is in Safin's lair? The article does reveal the threat is related to biological warfare.

Interestingly the article says that Primo, who we know is played by Dali Benssalah, will be in the Jamaican nightclub. So, he doesn't die in Matera. Does this mean Spectre is keeping an eye on Bond? Or Felix Leiter? 

The other interesting bit is about the DB5. The article says it has a powerful smokescreen, upgraded tire spikes, and explosives that can be dropped from the back of the car. Those explosives might be the mine like objects seen in the Bond in Motion exhibit.
https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/964652/#p964652

2,161

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Awesome looking set in the background of the supervising stunt coordinator's pic of him and his pals.
https://twitter.com/springhousese/statu … 06850?s=20

2,162

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Someone wrote:

Lifestyle magazine Mashable has an on-set NTTD report and there's a lot of info there, a lot of which we already know, but here is the interesting stuff.
https://mashable.com/article/james-bond … urope=true

"[Felix] asks him to do him a favour and that is to go and collect a package in Cuba...So Bond, wanting to be a good friend, and slightly suspicious of what's going on, mention of Spectre out there, he decides to fulfill the request..."

So, Bond knows he's going to encounter Spectre, and now the mission is not a kidnapped scientist but a package. One assumes that if you're collecting a package, package is not a euphemism for a scientist who has been kidnapped. So, what happened to the mission to rescue a scientist? Was that misdirection in the synopsis?

"...during the course of the [Cuba] event, he comes across a suspicious woman who he had seen in Jamaica."
We saw Bond bump into Nomi in the nightclub in the August BTS video and again in the 4 December trailer.

The article also reveals that Nomi is a pilot (Royal Air Force, Army or Royal Navy?) and she has a gadget, a portable minilab which has a mini scanner gadget. I guess this is to analyse whatever is in Safin's lair? The article does reveal the threat is related to biological warfare.

Interestingly the article says that Primo, who we know is played by Dali Benssalah, will be in the Jamaican nightclub. So, he doesn't die in Matera. Does this mean Spectre is keeping an eye on Bond? Or Felix Leiter? 

The other interesting bit is about the DB5. The article says it has a powerful smokescreen, upgraded tire spikes, and explosives that can be dropped from the back of the car. Those explosives might be the mine like objects seen in the Bond in Motion exhibit.
https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/964652/#p964652

I read the article, and if I'm not mistaken, it is made clear that the "package" refers to a person.

2,163

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Someone wrote:

Interestingly the article says that Primo, who we know is played by Dali Benssalah, will be in the Jamaican nightclub. So, he doesn't die in Matera.

Since watching the trailer the first couple of times, it seemed obvious to me that Bond leaves Primo with a damaged left eye in Matera (check his eye when he approaches the DB5), setting up a scene later in the film where Bond bumps into Primo again and his eye is permanently deformed - eyelids bulging, and pupil enlarged. There will be hard feelings, and Bond will make a quip about it, provoking Primo to take the first swing in their final, epic fight.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

2,164

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

nobody wrote:
Someone wrote:

Lifestyle magazine Mashable has an on-set NTTD report and there's a lot of info there, a lot of which we already know, but here is the interesting stuff.
https://mashable.com/article/james-bond … urope=true

"[Felix] asks him to do him a favour and that is to go and collect a package in Cuba...So Bond, wanting to be a good friend, and slightly suspicious of what's going on, mention of Spectre out there, he decides to fulfill the request..."

So, Bond knows he's going to encounter Spectre, and now the mission is not a kidnapped scientist but a package. One assumes that if you're collecting a package, package is not a euphemism for a scientist who has been kidnapped. So, what happened to the mission to rescue a scientist? Was that misdirection in the synopsis?

I read the article, and if I'm not mistaken, it is made clear that the "package" refers to a person.

You're right, how did I miss that? The article says;

Mashable wrote:

“And then it turns out he falls right into the hands of Spectre!” Wilson adds. “And he has to get out of the clutches and bring the package, which is a person, out.”

2,165

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

AJB user Marketto007 scores another scoop. Can't find this anywhere else.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8XEL2rpjtP … _copy_link

Oscars TV spot I'd imagine. Short but interesting!

2,166

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

What's written on the note?

2,167

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

"Forgive Me"....? "Forget Me"....?

"I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
-Mr Arlington Beech

2,168

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Thanks. I guess that would make sense in what we think is the context.

2,169

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Number24 wrote:

What's written on the note?

Forgive me.

The note paper's logo of the shield with the crescent-like shape inside it intrigued me so I re-watched Casino carefully, but that logo does not appear either in Bond and Vesper's Venice hotel or at the Basel bank when Bond looks for Vesper. The bank has a completely different logo.

My guess is, the notepaper is from that Venice hotel, we will see a flashback with Vesper, and Bond is burning the note as he brings closure to that relationship now he is with Madeleine.

2,170

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

I assumed the note was from Madeleine, but that's an intreaging idea.

2,171

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

New Pics from Characters with creepy music

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ZNlhEJqBN … _copy_link

and a slightley better quality from the Oscar Tv Spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDuyRM3 … =emb_title

Last edited by Noi (10th Feb 2020 17:33)

2,172

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Noi wrote:

New Pics from Characters with creepy music

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ZNlhEJqBN … _copy_link

That sounds very Hans Zimmer, and I am a bit worried now about the score.

2,173

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Someone wrote:
Noi wrote:

New Pics from Characters with creepy music

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ZNlhEJqBN … _copy_link

That sounds very Hans Zimmer, and I am a bit worried now about the score.

Zimmer's doing the score, so what else would it sound like? They hired Zimmer because of what he does. If they wanted a John Barry-esque score they would have hired David Arnold again.

2,174

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Noi wrote:

New Pics from Characters with creepy music

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ZNlhEJqBN … _copy_link

]

*Edit: Sorry, I figured out how to play the video.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

2,175

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Matt S wrote:
Someone wrote:
Noi wrote:

New Pics from Characters with creepy music

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ZNlhEJqBN … _copy_link

That sounds very Hans Zimmer, and I am a bit worried now about the score.

Zimmer's doing the score, so what else would it sound like? They hired Zimmer because of what he does. If they wanted a John Barry-esque score they would have hired David Arnold again.

Zimmer's scores can have very different sounds, so the score didn't have to sound like that.