Re: Factory Entertainment - Coming Soon

BenSV650 wrote:
Bond Collectors' Weekends wrote:

Besides the removable pen sight and the new foam case, are there other changes from the prior round?

I think it was 500 FE guns and 500 FE SE guns last time (?), does anyone know how many are being issued this time?

A comment from FE on Facebook suggests that this version is basically a totally new build and doesn’t have many similarities with the previous version. It didn’t go into any details about what the differences are.

They also commented saying that the production run is still TBD but will be a max of 2000. I guess it will be like the rebreather whereby the number of preorders determined the size of the run?

Thank you!

The EON Store version is numbered to X of 500...

I have spotted three differences.   The end of the pen can be turned around as some shots of gun in the film the clip is upside down.   Also trigger doesn't have screw showing on one side where the hinge is.  Also detail of lighter has been improved by adding a raised line to the side of the cigarette case with the flat square on it.   Which was on original prop where the case was surposed to look like it could open.   Awesome FE can't wait

NICKO FAN wrote:

I have spotted three differences.   The end of the pen can be turned around as some shots of gun in the film the clip is upside down.   Also trigger doesn't have screw showing on one side where the hinge is.  Also detail of lighter has been improved by adding a raised line to the side of the cigarette case with the flat square on it.   Which was on original prop where the case was surposed to look like it could open.   Awesome FE can't wait

My what sharp little eyes you have.  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

I like the idea that there are indentations around the cigarette case that make it look like it opens, it's just a shame that it doesn't. FE said a while back that they had to make these different to their first line to keep the originals limited edition whilst still maintaining the accuracy of the prop. I've got an original FE GG and never experienced any problems with the materials degrading. The only thing that discoloured slightly was the body of the lighter, which is easily touched up with some 24ct gold solution. I pre ordered 2 when I noticed they'd opened pre orders early, so I'm hoping to get numbers below 20 . The orange cap on the end of the pen was on the original too, it's the law despite the fact that it's not a replica of any real weapon. I just used a small black permanent marker pen to cover it over.
https://i.postimg.cc/V5FyT9h1/20190913-152325.jpg

"I hate to ask stupid questions but where exactly did you lay him out cold?"

Bond Collectors' Weekends wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:

I like the display.  Much nicer than the acrylic cases.

Love to know what metals are being used.  The downfall of the last one, apart from this re-issue, is the alloy it was made from, longevity of the product was not good.  Degradation was a major issue even on display only pieces.  It’s an incredibly tactile piece, it needs to be durable. The screw thread on the cufflinks on both of mine has become nonexistent even from extremely limited and careful handling.  The finish on one has become really discoloured and patchy with peeling in some areas. I’d rather pay a higher price for better materials, than a lower price for awful ones.  But Bond props aren’t exactly a hugely popular business, so I know compromises have to happen.

Does the new case stand upright? It was good to stand up the guns in the perspex cases.

It will stand up.

Last edited by Simon_jrees (20th Nov 2019 07:19)

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share that I recently received the Spectre cane and I am disappointed by what I received.

Packaging:
After opening the box I was really underwhelmed by how the cane was displayed within its packaging. There is this black cloth layered on top of foam where the item is cradled. Taking the cane out of the cloth draped cradle resulted in the cloth coming out of the foam. After looking further it was never securely fashioned to the foam insert. Not a great first experience with the product. Additionally, the story card that comes with the item is a double sided flimsy print out. No story booklet, nothing to read or get excited about. This was previously in all of the other props. No stand or a plaque either. The paper quality is also subpar. Easily could be thrown away if you are not careful.

Cane:
The cane is merely just a wood stick with a very heavy metal skull glued to the top. The area where the cane is inserted into the skull part looks to be glued in and was painted over with a not great touch up job. The weight distribution between the heavy metal skull and the light wood is really silly and makes it feel that much more like FE skimped on the materials.

Closing thoughts:
I am torn over the purchase. I have other props from FE (Golden Gun, Jaws teeth, tarot cards and THUNDERBALL/DAD breathers) and felt like all of those had great quality and presentation with the packaging, stands and info pamphlets. This item just feels Cheap and lacking fanboy detail. I am honestly debating returning, but as I said in the beginning, I am torn. As a huge fan and a collector I just want to like it so much more than I really should. I also ordered the Day of the Dead Mask and am worried now I am going receive another sub par item soon.

Has anyone received their items yet? And if so, what are your thoughts and experiences?

DblOJoe wrote:

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share that I recently received the Spectre cane and I am disappointed by what I received.

Packaging:
After opening the box I was really underwhelmed by how the cane was displayed within its packaging. There is this black cloth layered on top of foam where the item is cradled. Taking the cane out of the cloth draped cradle resulted in the cloth coming out of the foam. After looking further it was never securely fashioned to the foam insert. Not a great first experience with the product. Additionally, the story card that comes with the item is a double sided flimsy print out. No story booklet, nothing to read or get excited about. This was previously in all of the other props. No stand or a plaque either. The paper quality is also subpar. Easily could be thrown away if you are not careful.

Cane:
The cane is merely just a wood stick with a very heavy metal skull glued to the top. The area where the cane is inserted into the skull part looks to be glued in and was painted over with a not great touch up job. The weight distribution between the heavy metal skull and the light wood is really silly and makes it feel that much more like FE skimped on the materials.

Closing thoughts:
I am torn over the purchase. I have other props from FE (Golden Gun, Jaws teeth, tarot cards and THUNDERBALL/DAD breathers) and felt like all of those had great quality and presentation with the packaging, stands and info pamphlets. This item just feels Cheap and lacking fanboy detail. I am honestly debating returning, but as I said in the beginning, I am torn. As a huge fan and a collector I just want to like it so much more than I really should. I also ordered the Day of the Dead Mask and am worried now I am going receive another sub par item soon.

Has anyone received their items yet? And if so, what are your thoughts and experiences?

Hey bud.

Sorry to hear you've had a negative experience here, a lot of  people have been saying the same thing about the S.P.E.C.T.R.E ring as far as the quality is concerned. Factory Entertainment are strange, they seem to bring out items with mixed quality rather than consistency. Personally these aren't my kind of collectibles, I'm more for items like the golden gun, from Russia with love attache case etc etc and don't go much for accessories like this or clothing unless it's something I'm going to actually use and wear, however in every case if you're not 100 percent happy I would return it, head over heart here methinks. I've kept stuff in the past for the sake of it thinking I will learn to love it and wished I hadn't.

Simon_jrees wrote:
DblOJoe wrote:

Hey Guys,

Packaging:

Cane:

Closing thoughts:

Hey bud.

Sorry to hear you've had a negative experience here, a lot of  people have been saying the same thing about the S.P.E.C.T.R.E ring as far as the quality is concerned. Factory Entertainment are strange, they seem to bring out items with mixed quality rather than consistency. Personally these aren't my kind of collectibles, I'm more for items like the golden gun, from Russia with love attache case etc etc and don't go much for accessories like this or clothing unless it's something I'm going to actually use and wear, however in every case if you're not 100 percent happy I would return it, head over heart here methinks. I've kept stuff in the past for the sake of it thinking I will learn to love it and wished I hadn't.

Thanks for the feedback! I feel inclined to start a new thread about it and share photos. Would love to share my feelings with the larger community so people are aware and FE can take this feedback for the next wave of replicas.

still have the Day of the Dead mask on pre-order...

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com

I am not a Golden Gun expert. But I think it was time to update my chart. I crave everyone's input!

Thanks!

https://i.postimg.cc/rzCb8N5q/1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/cKn9PRsy/2.jpg

Really nice!  ajb007/cheers

It's probably in another category but Patrice s one could be included in the list even if the run is not yet fully completed

1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”

Looks like 007 store UK are already out of stock on the 2020 golden guns, anyone who wants one will have to grab it from factory entertainment directly... before they run out too! I didn't think 500 would take very long to go, especially with people pre ordering multiple GG's.

OKAY, DISREGARD THIS. THEY PUT OUT OF STOCK UP WHILE THEY MADE ADJUSTEMENTS TO THE DESCRIPTION.

https://i.postimg.cc/fSzDQGQK/Screenshot-20191201-082805.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/VrBmTYpv/Screenshot-20191201-082819.jpg

Last edited by Simon_jrees (1st Dec 2019 20:30)

seems it will be a conmmercial success

parfaitelumiere wrote:

seems it will be a conmmercial success

Yes. This might go in favour of them finishing them ahead of schedule but we don't want them rushed. Also if they're all gone by next year and some unfortunate soul ends up with a defective GG they won't have any parts or guns left to replace them with. I'm interested to know how F.E will respond if anyone does have a problem with theirs, will they make and replace parts or are we going to get the "Sorry there's nothing we can do about it as we're sold out" problem?

AS I STATED IN THE ORIGINAL POST WHEN I EDITED, THEY PUT OUT OF STOCK ON THE SITE WHILE THEY WERE MAKING CHANGES TO THE DESCRIPTION, NOW STATING STANDARD INSTEAD OF EARLY BIRD PRICING.

Last edited by Simon_jrees (1st Dec 2019 20:34)

People love that Golden Gun. Isn't this their second version? Whatever sells. I would like to see some other stuff. Even more simple items like Dalton's key ring finder that actually functions like in the movie. Without the explosives of course. But they can have fake smoke for the gas.

"Better late than never."

SilentSpy wrote:

People love that Golden Gun. Isn't this their second version? Whatever sells. I would like to see some other stuff. Even more simple items like Dalton's key ring finder that actually functions like in the movie. Without the explosives of course. But they can have fake smoke for the gas.

Yes this is their second run, back by popular demand so to speak. The James bond international fan club were selling the key ring from TLD when I joined up over 10 years ago. Still kicking myself for not getting one but I was only a kid so that's  my excuse  ajb007/lol

Simon_jrees wrote:
SilentSpy wrote:

Yes this is their second run, back by popular demand so to speak. The James bond international fan club were selling the key ring from TLD when I joined up over 10 years ago. Still kicking myself for not getting one but I was only a kid so that's  my excuse  ajb007/lol

I can't remember seeing that. I did probably check the forum from time to time back then. But wasn't a member. Still such a simple prop, you think they would make it.

SilentSpy wrote:
Simon_jrees wrote:
SilentSpy wrote:

I can't remember seeing that. I did probably check the forum from time to time back then. But wasn't a member. Still such a simple prop, you think they would make it.

I was 10 or 11, I'm 33 now, everything I had was through the letter box on paper including what they had for sale back then. They didn't have an online forum at the time that I'm aware of and dial up internet connection was barely in lol. I still have the small black and white catalogue somewhere.

Simon_jrees wrote:
SilentSpy wrote:
Simon_jrees wrote:

I was 10 or 11, I'm 33 now, everything I had was through the letter box on paper including what they had for sale back then. They didn't have an online forum at the time that I'm aware of and dial up internet connection was barely in lol. I still have the small black and white catalogue somewhere.

I was talking about this forum. And around 10 years ago.

This isn't the one is it?

http://djwilliamsphotography.com/Collec … der_a.html

I would like them to make it work with the whistle.

Yes, that's it, I bought that version and a replica makers that emitted smoke when on a custom display base, but someone whistled the wrong tune (although I like that tune) and blew it to smithereens...

...Anyone have corrections or editions for the Golden Gun charts?

SilentSpy wrote:
Simon_jrees wrote:
SilentSpy wrote:

I was talking about this forum. And around 10 years ago.

This isn't the one is it?

http://djwilliamsphotography.com/Collec … der_a.html

I would like them to make it work with the whistle.

I never saw anything on forums, what I saw was what came through my letter box at the time but yes, that must be the one.

I didn't know about the James Bond International Fan Club. I was lucky somehow finding out about stuff like the Franklin Mint DB5 and Easton Press Fleming reprints with the slipcase. It could have been though some magazine advertisement or ad mail that I received by purchasing something else. I guess I wasn't lucky enough on the key ring. But they can make a better one these days.

Alex1995 wrote:

It's probably in another category but Patrice s one could be included in the list even if the run is not yet fully completed

Yes, lots of features to add in the list.

Am I the only one who has a pet hate about people attaching the pen barrel before screwing in the cufflink on the G.G?  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

FE just sent out an email hinting they're doing NTTD props in the coming year...