Re: Factory Entertainment - Coming Soon

BenSV650 wrote:
Bond Collectors' Weekends wrote:

Besides the removable pen sight and the new foam case, are there other changes from the prior round?

I think it was 500 FE guns and 500 FE SE guns last time (?), does anyone know how many are being issued this time?

A comment from FE on Facebook suggests that this version is basically a totally new build and doesn’t have many similarities with the previous version. It didn’t go into any details about what the differences are.

They also commented saying that the production run is still TBD but will be a max of 2000. I guess it will be like the rebreather whereby the number of preorders determined the size of the run?

Thank you!

The EON Store version is numbered to X of 500...

I have spotted three differences.   The end of the pen can be turned around as some shots of gun in the film the clip is upside down.   Also trigger doesn't have screw showing on one side where the hinge is.  Also detail of lighter has been improved by adding a raised line to the side of the cigarette case with the flat square on it.   Which was on original prop where the case was surposed to look like it could open.   Awesome FE can't wait

NICKO FAN wrote:

I have spotted three differences.   The end of the pen can be turned around as some shots of gun in the film the clip is upside down.   Also trigger doesn't have screw showing on one side where the hinge is.  Also detail of lighter has been improved by adding a raised line to the side of the cigarette case with the flat square on it.   Which was on original prop where the case was surposed to look like it could open.   Awesome FE can't wait

My what sharp little eyes you have.  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

I like the idea that there are indentations around the cigarette case that make it look like it opens, it's just a shame that it doesn't. FE said a while back that they had to make these different to their first line to keep the originals limited edition whilst still maintaining the accuracy of the prop. I've got an original FE GG and never experienced any problems with the materials degrading. The only thing that discoloured slightly was the body of the lighter, which is easily touched up with some 24ct gold solution. I pre ordered 2 when I noticed they'd opened pre orders early, so I'm hoping to get numbers below 20 . The orange cap on the end of the pen was on the original too, it's the law despite the fact that it's not a replica of any real weapon. I just used a small black permanent marker pen to cover it over.
https://i.postimg.cc/V5FyT9h1/20190913-152325.jpg

"I hate to ask stupid questions but where exactly did you lay him out cold?"

Bond Collectors' Weekends wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:

I like the display.  Much nicer than the acrylic cases.

Love to know what metals are being used.  The downfall of the last one, apart from this re-issue, is the alloy it was made from, longevity of the product was not good.  Degradation was a major issue even on display only pieces.  It’s an incredibly tactile piece, it needs to be durable. The screw thread on the cufflinks on both of mine has become nonexistent even from extremely limited and careful handling.  The finish on one has become really discoloured and patchy with peeling in some areas. I’d rather pay a higher price for better materials, than a lower price for awful ones.  But Bond props aren’t exactly a hugely popular business, so I know compromises have to happen.

Does the new case stand upright? It was good to stand up the guns in the perspex cases.

By the looks of things it will stand upright. However you would have to turn the foam inline upside down becouse of the clasp that closes the case. Also I'm not sure if the inline will hold the gun in place snugly or if it will fall against the perspex of the lid.
I'm hoping it will stand up and stay in place, it's a better way of displaying rather than lying flat, in my personal opinion.

"I hate to ask stupid questions but where exactly did you lay him out cold?"