526

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

MikeG77 wrote:
JTM wrote:

Still haven't received my set yet...and after taking delivery of this beauty last week I'm going crazy waiting for its matching tie to arrive ajb007/biggrin

https://i.postimg.cc/Y4PDwC11/IMG-2099.jpg

I haven't received mine yet  ajb007/crap Did you get that suit mtm and I'm assuming it's the tri color tie that goes with it?

Ahh well I'm sure we'll get them soon. Yep it was MTM—an amazing experience from start to finish!

No not the tri colour, it goes with the other one, the charcoal/grey tie (London tie). The tri colour goes with the glen plaid/glen check/Prince of Wales suit. Unfortunately TF ran out of that fabric a while ago which is a real shame because it's definitely my favourite and I've been hunting for one in my size for years! Those B25 pics today made me pretty happy because Craig's TF suit is a relatively similar fabric, so I may have to grab that to satisfy (hopefully it's screen worn, not just thrown on for when HRH came around).

527

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

JTM wrote:
MikeG77 wrote:
JTM wrote:

Still haven't received my set yet...and after taking delivery of this beauty last week I'm going crazy waiting for its matching tie to arrive ajb007/biggrin

https://i.postimg.cc/Y4PDwC11/IMG-2099.jpg

I haven't received mine yet  ajb007/crap Did you get that suit mtm and I'm assuming it's the tri color tie that goes with it?

Ahh well I'm sure we'll get them soon. Yep it was MTM—an amazing experience from start to finish!

No not the tri colour, it goes with the other one, the charcoal/grey tie (London tie). The tri colour goes with the glen plaid/glen check/Prince of Wales suit. Unfortunately TF ran out of that fabric a while ago which is a real shame because it's definitely my favourite and I've been hunting for one in my size for years! Those B25 pics today made me pretty happy because Craig's TF suit is a relatively similar fabric, so I may have to grab that to satisfy (hopefully it's screen worn, not just thrown on for when HRH came around).

Ah so it's the Granborough tie then.....if you don't me asking but whats the damage on a MTM suit/shirt from Tom Ford? I know the color code for the glen plaid/glen check/Prince of Wales suit is on 006's collection thread but are you a size 40/42?

Last edited by MikeG77 (21st Jun 2019 00:47)

528

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

MikeG77 wrote:
JTM wrote:
MikeG77 wrote:

I haven't received mine yet  ajb007/crap Did you get that suit mtm and I'm assuming it's the tri color tie that goes with it?

Ahh well I'm sure we'll get them soon. Yep it was MTM—an amazing experience from start to finish!

No not the tri colour, it goes with the other one, the charcoal/grey tie (London tie). The tri colour goes with the glen plaid/glen check/Prince of Wales suit. Unfortunately TF ran out of that fabric a while ago which is a real shame because it's definitely my favourite and I've been hunting for one in my size for years! Those B25 pics today made me pretty happy because Craig's TF suit is a relatively similar fabric, so I may have to grab that to satisfy (hopefully it's screen worn, not just thrown on for when HRH came around).

Ah so it's the Granborough tie then.....if you don't me asking but whats the damage on a MTM suit/shirt from Tom Ford? I know the color code for the glen plaid/glen check/Prince of Wales suit is on 006's collection thread but are you a size 40/42?

Granborough yes of course, I totally forgot that name when writing my previous message. I'll have to get back to you on the suit price, I can't remember exactly as I bought a few other things from TF at the same time.

Ah yes his magnificent and very enviable Bond clothing collection—close up pictures of his suit were a great help during my hunt, unfortunately even with those, shots of the suit in the movie, the TF fabric swatch with the code, shots of the screen worn suit when it was up for auction etc, still haven't come out with a success. I did manage to get one in a size 50R, but while the chest was okay (for a SF suit) the sleeves were too short—I'll be selling it on soon. Yes size 42R.

529

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

Ties arrived today
Can’t wait to wear them out
Big thanks to Mark and Luigi
Much appreciated  ajb007/martini

By the way' the name is  "James St. John smythe"  I'm English

530

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

Mike
Ive gone mtm on all my TF suits
My Granbro came in at around £3k, the matching blue tab shirt a further £430.
But price depends on fabric range.
From memory....
My Spectre pts was £3800
Greene Party was £3400
Glen Pkaid was £3400

Basically take the standard suit price and add about 10%

But you a suit thats fits perfectly... And the experience of course. My TF MTM Manager is now a close friend!

I was at TF when EON visited (not DC) and Warren suggested the GP fabric to them, he is pretty chuffed with himself after I sent him the latest pics...

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

531

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

Anyone else still waiting for an update on their order? Wondering if it is worth following up again

532

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

SenorJon21 wrote:

Anyone else still waiting for an update on their order? Wondering if it is worth following up again

I haven't heard anything and the last time I reached out to Luigi it was to confirm arrangements for shipping. If I don't receive my ties by tomorrow I'll shoot him a message on Tuesday to get an update.

533

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

I am also still waiting unfortunately. No shipping info also.

534

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

JTM wrote:
MikeG77 wrote:
JTM wrote:

Ahh well I'm sure we'll get them soon. Yep it was MTM—an amazing experience from start to finish!

No not the tri colour, it goes with the other one, the charcoal/grey tie (London tie). The tri colour goes with the glen plaid/glen check/Prince of Wales suit. Unfortunately TF ran out of that fabric a while ago which is a real shame because it's definitely my favourite and I've been hunting for one in my size for years! Those B25 pics today made me pretty happy because Craig's TF suit is a relatively similar fabric, so I may have to grab that to satisfy (hopefully it's screen worn, not just thrown on for when HRH came around).

Ah so it's the Granborough tie then.....if you don't me asking but whats the damage on a MTM suit/shirt from Tom Ford? I know the color code for the glen plaid/glen check/Prince of Wales suit is on 006's collection thread but are you a size 40/42?

Granborough yes of course, I totally forgot that name when writing my previous message. I'll have to get back to you on the suit price, I can't remember exactly as I bought a few other things from TF at the same time.

Ah yes his magnificent and very enviable Bond clothing collection—close up pictures of his suit were a great help during my hunt, unfortunately even with those, shots of the suit in the movie, the TF fabric swatch with the code, shots of the screen worn suit when it was up for auction etc, still haven't come out with a success. I did manage to get one in a size 50R, but while the chest was okay (for a SF suit) the sleeves were too short—I'll be selling it on soon. Yes size 42R.

JTM,

If you could provide measures for the suit I might be interested. Haven't owned a TF suit yet, so I'm quite unsure about sizing (in fact, my only TF items so far consist exclusively in ties and sunglasses). Thank you.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
"The very words I live by."

535

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

Has anyone in the states received theirs yet?

@deanwdunlevy

536

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

Mine arrived last week, on Wednesday (I am in NC in US.).  I wil note however that I received no notification of arrival.  Hope all receive theirs soon as they are stunning.

All the best.

537

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

I'm still waiting for mine, hasn't received any notification although I normally receive Fedex updates whenever there's a label created with my address.

538

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

I'm in California and got my tie around 11 days ago. Guess I was one of the first to get it.

539

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

Gents
Been tied up at work but have just nessaged Luigi for an update on any outstanding orders
Will update here when I hear back
M

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

540

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

All
Reply back from Luigi and clear no need to panic, but patience may be required...

"Ciao Mark
We’re shipping every day ties to 4-5 members.
At the moment we had to stop as we’re waiting for the tie boxes coming in 2-3 days.
Just please inform the members that everybody will have his own order soon and apologize for the delay.

Hope all is fine with you"

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

541

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

Thanks for the update Mark.

542

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

My tie arrived yesterday. I am kicking myself for only getting one! Major thanks to Mark and Luigi. I will be signing up for the QoS project as soon as I decide which ties to buy!

543

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

Miles Messervy wrote:

My tie arrived yesterday. I am kicking myself for only getting one! Major thanks to Mark and Luigi. I will be signing up for the QoS project as soon as I decide which ties to buy!

Highly recommend the Bolivia one  ajb007/cheers

Instagram - bondclothes007

544

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

Huge Thanks to Mark for successfully completing this project. I attempted this project last year. I can say it takes a huge commitment to see this project through and I’m grateful you were up to the task. If you’re ever in Vegas let me know your first Vesper is on me brother!


https://i.postimg.cc/Mv0V7jcb/C94-C187-C-52-C7-410-F-BC23-397044-BAD2-D3.jpg

History isn’t kind to men who play God.

@OmegaBondWatches

545

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

007JBDCMWR wrote:

All
Reply back from Luigi and clear no need to panic, but patience may be required...

"Ciao Mark
We’re shipping every day ties to 4-5 members.
At the moment we had to stop as we’re waiting for the tie boxes coming in 2-3 days.
Just please inform the members that everybody will have his own order soon and apologize for the delay.

Hope all is fine with you"

Cheers for the update Mark! Glad to hear confirmation from Luigi that all the orders will be out soon—I'm getting restless  ajb007/lol

546

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

If anyone is interested.  I'm willing to sell the whole set for $600, still brand new with tags in box.

547

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

Thanks for the update Mark and for working on this project! Now for some laughs.... Me finding out my ties will be delivered on Friday!

https://i.postimg.cc/kD1FTnDq/giphy.gif

548

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

M, priceless. Fingers xd buddy...

Vb, no probs my friend, not sure Vegas is ready for my wee boy, but if and when u r on!  ajb007/martini

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

549

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

JTM wrote:
007JBDCMWR wrote:

All
Reply back from Luigi and clear no need to panic, but patience may be required...

"Ciao Mark
We’re shipping every day ties to 4-5 members.
At the moment we had to stop as we’re waiting for the tie boxes coming in 2-3 days.
Just please inform the members that everybody will have his own order soon and apologize for the delay.

Hope all is fine with you"

Cheers for the update Mark! Glad to hear confirmation from Luigi that all the orders will be out soon—I'm getting restless  ajb007/lol

J, wont be long apparently

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

550

Re: Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

Pleased to say I just received mine today. Ties are nicer than I expected - particularly the Granborough and Istanbul. The pattern is very detailed and the tie is actually quite thick and substantial. Very pleased to get some of my ‘grail’ items since I began collecting Bond clothing!